Author Topic: Adam Morgan  (Read 87458 times)

Online farawayred

• Whizz For Atomms. Nucular boffin. A Mars A Day Helps Him Work, Rest And Play
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Oh yes, I'm a believer!
Re: Adam Morgan
« Reply #480 on: January 3, 2013, 05:35:01 pm »
Adam was always going to find it hard to break into the first team here even when we were that short on strikers. A loan was absolutely necessary and, I admit I don't know much about how Roterham play, but I hope the team was chosen with his development in mind, not only to play first team football. From what little I've seen of Adam, on the field he has the knack of being on the right place at the right time. Good luck!
Cruyff: "Victory is not enough, there also needs to be beautiful football."

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
  • Don't believe everything you think
« Reply #481 on: January 3, 2013, 05:38:14 pm »
Good for him! Even tho.. League 2 seems abit low? Sure he could do a good job in league 1 or for a lower placed championship club. Anywho, playing week in, week out will do him good.

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: January 3, 2013, 05:40:56 pm »
I still have hope that Adam has a chance here, he has talent, is a great poacher and will work himself to the bone for the team.

Personally I would have liked him to go to a higher level than League 2, hopefully he can get a few goals for them and get experience at the senior level.

Offline eirwen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: January 3, 2013, 05:44:11 pm »
A loan would be good for him, but he should do better than league 2 though? It just seems we can never send our players to a more competitive league.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
« Reply #484 on: January 3, 2013, 06:00:54 pm »
A loan would be good for him, but he should do better than league 2 though? It just seems we can never send our players to a more competitive league.

Indeed, got a lot to learn from the likes of Tottenham, Arsenal and Manchester united here.

Offline clinical

• incision required - a bad case of an urgent rawkectomy? "And of course I've got this terrible pain in all the diodes down my left side."
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #485 on: January 3, 2013, 06:03:50 pm »
our reseves would walk league 2
Thank Fowler we're not getting Caulker

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: January 3, 2013, 06:11:40 pm »
The loan is until February 9th so its only a short term thing. Some might quibble about it being League Two but its all about getting playing time.

Rochdale have the following games

05/01/13    A   Aldershot   FA Cup
12/01/13    H   Barnet   
19/01/13    A   Oxford Utd   
26/01/13    H   Bristol Rovers   
02/02/13    H   Northampton   
09/02/13   A   Burton Albion   

There's also a potential FA Cup fourth round game on the 26th of January

Currently there are no reserve fixtures scheduled (there will be games but the schedule isnt out yet) There is the last NextGen tie against Inter Milan next Tuesday.

The lad is still only eighteen.

Offline Snusmumriken

• Kopite
« Reply #487 on: January 3, 2013, 06:17:23 pm »
The loan is until February 9th so its only a short term thing. Some might quibble about it being League Two but its all about getting playing time.

12/01/13    H   Barnet   

Currently there are no reserve fixtures scheduled (there will be games but the schedule isnt out yet) There is the last NextGen tie against Inter Milan next Tuesday.

Good point, didn't really do my homework there, thought it was for the rest of the season. And that's alot of games for him to hopefully shine in.

Offline johnhouldinglfc

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: January 3, 2013, 06:34:36 pm »
Good point, didn't really do my homework there, thought it was for the rest of the season. And that's alot of games for him to hopefully shine in.

Chances are that the loan is probably extendable if all parties are ammenable.

One thing I'm a bit disappointed is that it isnt further away geographically than Rochdale, to take him out of his comfort zone a bit more.

As it is I'd imagine he will commute from home to Rochdale.

Morgan's at the stage where he's going to benefit little to nothing by playing more reserve football whereas League Two football away from home would be a good learning experience in terms of what being a pro outside a top club is like.

One thing I'd be concerned about is how he's going to react to getting kicked about the place by League Two defenders as he can get a bit tetchy on the pitch on occasion.

Rochdale were playing 4-3-3 earlier in the season ( not sure if they still are) so I wouldnt be suprised to see him playing on the right-wing to start.

Game time. Game time. All about him getting time on the pitch.
« Last Edit: January 3, 2013, 06:36:30 pm by johnhouldinglfc »

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #489 on: January 3, 2013, 06:36:25 pm »
I've a mate who's a Rotherham fan so he'll keep me updated. Like most, I feel League One would have suited Morgan better, but game-time, goals and confidence is what he should acquire in league two. It's the experience that's most crucial.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #490 on: January 3, 2013, 06:43:51 pm »
The club is playing it safe with the short-term loan to League 2. Allows him to get some pro games under his belt and increases his chance of scoring in them, which would be a big boost in confidence. Also let's not forget will advertise him to clubs higher up if he does well for a loan move in which he'd be trusted with game-time straight from the off.

No point making him go out loan to a side higher where he might not get played. Short term at League 2 allows us to see where he's at.

Offline RaveDave

• Kopite
« Reply #491 on: January 3, 2013, 06:55:11 pm »
For those saying League Two is a bit of a low standard for him, well he has a month to show that that is the case.

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #492 on: January 3, 2013, 06:57:47 pm »
League 2 is a big step up from the Reserves. Good move for him. Competitive football. Playing in a decent team is vital. The kind of player that needs service.

Looking forward to see how he gets on. Ingelthorpe influence already?!!

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #493 on: January 3, 2013, 07:05:23 pm »
I have to say Im a bit perplexed over this one. The lad has been playing in Europea League games. Yea we have got Sturridge in, but to have someone straight out, albeit for a month. Leaves us short on numbers doesnt it, unless we have another striker coming in?

Good luck to him. Get some 1st team action under his belt.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline cptrios

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #494 on: January 3, 2013, 07:11:24 pm »
Could it be that we have, or want to have, a relationship with Rotherham and they specifically asked us to loan Morgan out of some immediate need? It's a short spell, after all, so it might be a "help a brother out" kind of thing. Plus he might tear it up down in League 2 and help bolster his status as a prospect.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: January 3, 2013, 07:12:26 pm »
I have to say Im a bit perplexed over this one. The lad has been playing in Europea League games. Yea we have got Sturridge in, but to have someone straight out, albeit for a month. Leaves us short on numbers doesnt it, unless we have another striker coming in?

Good luck to him. Get some 1st team action under his belt.

Suarez
Sturridge
Borini coming back
Yesil
Ngoo potentially

We should be fine, Morgans games can still be counted on one hand and we are no longer in the group stage of the Europa

Offline Oddball

• aka 'Steve'. Thinks Autumn is a series. Shite at COD. Search me. Mathematical legend. "Space". Likes to Fuck holmes. Currently sporting a fetching muzzy. Onion Fondler. Blinded by the light. Would like a small larger beer. Can fakh orf
  • RAWK Diva
  • Legacy Fan
  • Woof woof woof
« Reply #496 on: January 3, 2013, 07:14:44 pm »
Suarez
Sturridge
Borini coming back
Yesil
Ngoo potentially

We should be fine, Morgans games can still be counted on one hand and we are no longer in the group stage of the Europa
From that list Yesil and Borini havnt been used as the striker. Morgan was/is in front of Ngoo. Plus we are still in the Europa competition.
We may sign Salah, but I'll show my arse in the middle of town if we sign one of VVD or Keita. Not gonna happen.

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #497 on: January 3, 2013, 07:19:11 pm »
I take it they are not looking at Evans to be a good role model then?
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #498 on: January 3, 2013, 07:41:38 pm »
One thing I'm a bit disappointed is that it isnt further away geographically than Rochdale, to take him out of his comfort zone a bit more.

As it is I'd imagine he will commute from home to Rochdale.

The loan is to Rotherham.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline Ben86

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #499 on: January 3, 2013, 07:43:28 pm »
our reseves would walk league 2

Delusional.

Online Red_Rich

• Legacy Fan
  • Fan since Liverpool 5 Stoke 3 in 1976
« Reply #500 on: January 3, 2013, 07:46:05 pm »
Rotherham are doing well in Div 2 this season.

Nice new stadium too!

And Le Fondre did very well there before making his big move up to Reading.

Perfect fit for Morgan at this stage I think.
United used to win titles on easy street, time for us to take over that real estate

Offline Benimar Col

• benimarisblonde.col.uk
  • Legacy Fan
  • Make us Dream
« Reply #501 on: January 3, 2013, 10:04:21 pm »
Suarez
Sturridge
Borini coming back
Yesil
Ngoo potentially

You could throw Pacheco onto that list, plus the exceptional Shelvey also who filled in. Throw in the possibility of Tom Ince being added to the squad also, your talking about him being 5th or 6th choice at best.

A loan initially for a month could be extended or even end up him being sent out to another lower Leagues club.

Offline Jellies

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: January 3, 2013, 10:08:03 pm »
He could easily be a fantastic goal scorer for them. It's on a very low level and he's a pretty good poacher.

Offline BIGGERSTEVO

• Kemlynite
« Reply #503 on: January 3, 2013, 11:35:34 pm »

12/01/13    H   Barnet   

Thats nice thanks for the research, who have Rotherham got til feb the 9th  ;D

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #504 on: January 4, 2013, 12:08:28 am »

Classic fail.
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: January 4, 2013, 04:09:27 am »

:D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #506 on: January 4, 2013, 04:20:25 am »
Playing against physical opponents in League 2 will prepare him well for PL. That is something he won't be able to learn at u-18, u-21 level, it also means he will get good game time.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: January 4, 2013, 05:56:12 am »
league 2 loan is not promising to be honest

Offline OOS

• Jordan Henderson fanclub member #4
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #508 on: January 4, 2013, 06:06:12 am »

It's only for a month?

Could be a massive wake up call for him, if he wants to 'make' it here.

Rodolfo and Inglethorpe will have their reasons..
"I think the most important thing about music is the sense of escape." - Thom Yorke

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: January 4, 2013, 06:07:58 am »
that is true, and if he bangs in the goals then maybe a league one or championship side will have a sniff next time round. all cases are different

Offline Koppler

• Glory Hunting Whopper, John Terry's biggest fan.
  • Main Stander
  • Most optimistic fan. Scourge of the haters.
« Reply #510 on: January 4, 2013, 06:14:28 am »
It's only for a month?

Could be a massive wake up call for him, if he wants to 'make' it here.

Rodolfo and Inglethorpe will have their reasons..

Might be sending a message.

He sees suso, sterling, Jonjo, wisdom all getting first team games in the league. I wonder if he has attitude issues.
Former managers that left the club to manage rivals should be treated with contempt.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #511 on: January 4, 2013, 06:30:57 am »
Might be sending a message.

He sees suso, sterling, Jonjo, wisdom all getting first team games in the league. I wonder if he has attitude issues.

Rodgers said in Being Liverpool that he is an ideal professional. Again it really doesn't matter which league he gets loaned to, its more about learning to play against fully grown men compared to playing against kids. Kelly played in League 1 and then came back and was great in PL as well.

Offline Jagan

• Kemlynite
« Reply #512 on: January 4, 2013, 07:14:39 am »
It is a very good move for Morgan in terms of his development.. He has a lot to develop on the technical side of his game..
Adam more often played on the wings for reserves this season.With Yesil returning to U21's from injury. its better for Morgan to go on loan to get regular first team action as a No.9..

Offline DefJack

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #513 on: January 4, 2013, 07:14:47 am »
Wake up call? Attitude problems?

You realise we are discussing Adam Morgan here right? The simple fact is that he is an unproven young striker, and teams in the higher leagues aren't prepared to take a risk on him. Two years ago Tom Ince could only get into a relegation threatened league one side because his dad was the manager, now he looks set for a PL team.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: January 4, 2013, 07:20:51 am »
;D
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #515 on: January 4, 2013, 07:24:46 am »
Steve Evans saying that we weren't keen on him going to a club that far down the divisions but he pestered and showed enough interest that we eventually allowed it.

Chance for Morgan to get some games under his belt though, so good luck to him while he's there.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline paulrazor

• Dreams of a handjob from Timmy Mallett. Chronicler of seasons past. Cares more than Prelude Nr 5, or does he? No chance of getting a banana at his house.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Take me 2 the magic of the moment on a glory night
« Reply #516 on: January 4, 2013, 09:20:53 am »
I have high hopes for this kid, ill be following him as best i can with rotherham

hoping he can benefit and eventually come back here and produce the goods
yer ma should have called you Paolo Zico Gerry Socrates HELLRAZOR

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #517 on: January 4, 2013, 09:40:57 am »

Better than being stuck in the under 21s treading water.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: January 4, 2013, 09:56:01 am »
I actually thought Rotherham were treading water in league 2, when actually they are 3rd. Could be good as there is a little bit of expectation there, all goals scored will be towards promotion so that will stand him in good stead

Now,we just have to hope he scores. Not a given but he should bag a couple

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: January 4, 2013, 10:16:29 am »
From that list Yesil and Borini havnt been used as the striker. Morgan was/is in front of Ngoo. Plus we are still in the Europa competition.

Pretty sure Yesil has ONLY played as a striker for us when he's got games, maybe i'm wrong but i dont remember him playing in a single other position and just because Borini hasn't played up top much yet doesn't mean he couldn't if we was needed to. Ngoo is fifth on that list for a reason, its simply an option while Morgan is not here. We are still in the Europa but what would the chances be of Morgan playing a substantial amount against a team like Zenit ? again we are no longer in the group stage. We will be fine without him, as others have said i forgot Shelvey too who did well in that role when used there. Its only a short loan there is absolutely nothing to panic about

What are the chances all of our other options will be unavailable and people will be screaming where's Morgan when you need him ?
« Last Edit: January 4, 2013, 10:19:35 am by RyanBabel19 »