Author Topic: This journo/ITK thing...  (Read 3738 times)

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
This journo/ITK thing...
« on: April 21, 2011, 10:29:14 am »
Notwithstanding the idiot who thought he'd be 'edgy' and compare two of the better Liverpool journalists to that fat, waste of skin Duncan Oldham, there was another point that I wanted to make and would have done had the other thread not been understandably deleted.

We've complained for years that Liverpool, as a club, because of circumstances and certain agendas, has leaked more than Julian Assange.

Now that the club, prompted by Dalglish, has returned to the old ways of 'Not saying anything until...', some people are now complaining, it's bizarre?

In regards to the personal abuse tossed out at Barrett and Smith, you are talking about possibly the two most well intentioned and principled Liverpool reporters in the country, whose only fault, if it is one, is that they are both too decent for their own good, but then again, it's always been easy to throw it out from behind a faceless Internet connection.

The insinuation that either of them would 'make stuff up' is pathetic, but it does illustrate a problem that's been left by the hangover from Hicks and Gillett.

Sadly, whilst practically all internal agendas have been settled and no longer exist, some external ones formed by the turbulence of the last few years do go on, but like Teruo Nakamura, the Japanese soldier stuck on a island until 1974 still believing WWII was being waged, they are fighting no-one but themselves.

There is absolutely nothing that can be gained anymore from sniping about what 'he' or 'they' said, and we are all, I hope, intelligent enough to not to read something if we don't like the person who's written it.

The war is over, it's about time we all downed arms.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:33:11 am by Don Vito Corleone »
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
Re: This journo/ITK thing...
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2011, 10:31:20 am »
Indeed DVC Barrett and smith aren't always 100% correct, but they are honest journos and there are precious few of those about as we know!
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #2 on: April 21, 2011, 10:34:37 am »
Well said mate. I remember reading the Tony Barrett story in The Times (he first broke it on his twitter), about the Chelsea bid for Torres. He works for The Times, who while they don't get everything right, are a much more respectabel newspaper than some (most).

Good or Bad, Barrett will tell it how it is, and you can say he wont be spouting shite like "Liverpool in £30m Hazard swoop". He will say it, when he believes it is true.

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: April 21, 2011, 10:36:26 am »
Tony Barrett himself said since Kenny came back its near impossible to get any info from the club.  Anybody having a dig at Tony can do one.   Same with Tony Evans - they may not always be 100% but they would never, every make things up to suit themselves.  Brilliant reds.

As for Rory, just love his writing, even if it is for the Torygraph! 

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: April 21, 2011, 10:38:00 am »
Haven't seen any personal abuse of either. Bit of an overreaction.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline Don Vito Corleone

• I want you all to call me Loretta
  • Legacy Fan
  • They talk when they should be listening
« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2011, 10:39:17 am »
Haven't seen any personal abuse of either. Bit of an overreaction.

You didn't see th post comparing them to Oldham then? Or the one accusing them of making stuff up?
« Last Edit: April 21, 2011, 10:41:41 am by Don Vito Corleone »
"I never wanted this for you. I work my whole life--I don't apologize--to take care of my family, and I refused to be a fool, dancing on the string held by all those bigshots. I don't apologize--that's my life--but I thought that, that when it was your time, that you would be the one to hold the string."

Offline Jin

• ky
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2011, 10:40:34 am »
For some people, its a case of only hearing what they want to hear. If they don't like the news, then the journalist is wrong or is stirring up trouble.

I'm absolutely amazed that Barrett gets any stick at all as he is one of the best Liverpool writers out there, and you can be sure he's only printing stuff he believes is true. He, and other journalists, are in a tricky situation where they have to rely on information they get from others, people who may have their own motives etc.

He's usually spot on however, and a good Red to boot.

Online TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2011, 10:40:43 am »
You didn't see th post comparing them to Oldham then? Or he one accusing them of making stuff up?
Fat Dunc a liar?!

I cannot believe that!

Whatever next?  Corrupt MPs?
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Breitner

• Charles 'Charlie' Charles says: "No more tactics God damn you. This is Association Football!"
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2011, 10:40:44 am »
You didn't see th post comparing them to Oldham then?

No I didn't mate, that's out of order. But it's the odd no mark, the rest are generally respectful of the Merseyside based lads.
If you can't trust Kenny, you need to find another club, seriously.

Offline HiroProtagonist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2011, 10:45:40 am »
Well said mate. I remember reading the Tony Barrett story in The Times (he first broke it on his twitter), about the Chelsea bid for Torres. He works for The Times, who while they don't get everything right, are a much more respectabel newspaper than some (most).

Good or Bad, Barrett will tell it how it is, and you can say he wont be spouting shite like "Liverpool in £30m Hazard swoop". He will say it, when he believes it is true.

Pretty much.

Offline simonchamp

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2011, 10:46:11 am »
I blame the Chinese  ;)
Justice - 22 years overdue.

Offline Gmol

• Anny Roader
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2011, 10:52:25 am »
It's shocking the amount of abuse some of these reporters and some ITKs get on this site Shankslegend is a great example.

Offline guest

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2011, 10:54:54 am »
Tony Barrett and Rory Smith are fantastic journalists - PROPER journalists. None of this copy and paste shite. They have their contacts, they get their stories and they write them in a very engaging style. Why would two Reds want to fuck over the club they love?

Think on, knobheads.

Pheeny

« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2011, 10:57:42 am »
Tony Barrett and Rory Smith are fantastic journalists - PROPER journalists. None of this copy and paste shite. They have their contacts, they get their stories and they write them in a very engaging style. Why would two Reds want to fuck over the club they love?

Think on, knobheads.
seems to sum it up nicely so locked.