Author Topic: Dani Pacheco  (Read 211750 times)

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
Re: Dani Pacheco...
« Reply #200 on: July 14, 2013, 08:06:25 am »
I'm surprised he hasn't been let go already. How many pre-seasons is it now he's been hailed as the new Messi or whatever nonsense people say?

Please, stop making stuff up, building up magnificent mental/verbal strawmen in order sarcastically to vanquish them.

No one has hailed Pacheco as "the new Messi" in a very long time.

What people see, with their own eyes and independently of media hype of any sort, is a skillful player who, without being outstanding, appears to have characteristics and qualities that qualify him as a 'cover' player for multiple forward positions. Given that he is on low wages, it beggars belief that LFC have neither found a way to sell him nor used him as just that, a cover player. Many a much inferior and much older player, at significantly higher wages, has been retained and given plenty of chances. Not Dani. And yet, it's those of us who criticize whoever and whatever is behind those decisions that are being castigated rather than those who made those decisions.

When Joe Cole was being given chance after chance after chance under KD and BR, some of us rightly (in my opinion) wondered what (in the fucking hell) he offered that Dani Pacheco could not offer, and at wages orders of magnitude lower than Joe Cole.

He's not the new Messi, he's not "awesome", he's not even a Coutinho-level talent. Still, his pre-season performances are not Potemkin villages, erected and displayed by his supporters to fool the rest of you geniuses

At least with Aquilani, all the naysayers could point to his high wages and to some cryptic Rafa statements about his 'mentality' to bolster their sheep-like insistence that, since the managers and club didn't choose to keep and use him, despite excellent to competent, pre-season performances and obvious talent, he MUST have been shite, over-hyped, etc.

With Dani Pacheco, there's no such 'excuse' or 'explanation'.

« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 08:08:46 am by GrkStav »
Ludi Circenses!

Offline jimmyjr86

• Legacy Fan
  • Up on a hill, here's where we begin...
« Reply #201 on: July 14, 2013, 10:52:55 am »
Good points above. Worth mentioning that Dani only had a weeks pre season thus far so is a week behind fitness wise than the rest. Still looked good.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #202 on: July 14, 2013, 11:38:56 am »
He's not the new Messi, but he's better than Joe Cole who's better than Messi, so therefore he's a lot better than Messi  ;)

I don't get it with Pacheco I really don't. He's perfectly suited to Rodgers' style, so he would have been an ideal squad player last season for a squad lacking depth and lacking players who can play his way. Sterling was playing every week for 90 minutes, but Pacheco could at least do a job on the left to have given him a breather when he was clearly shot and burnt out. He can play behind the striker. He could have played alongside Lucas for when Gerrard needs a rest. Not to mention that waste of space Joe Cole getting loads of minutes, like at West Brom (getting injured so being stuck here till Jan) when Dani had been boss in pre-season.

Even getting that game time would make him a saleable asset rather than someone we will get fuck all for. Such a wasted talent.

I also think Pacheco would have done a better job than Shelvey last season if given all the game time he got.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 11:48:22 am by Fromola »
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: July 14, 2013, 11:46:43 am »
The Dani Pacheco cycle begins. Shows some decent ability initially in pre-season, then slowly fades into the abyss where yet another manager does not rate him enough to play him in the first team. Only to be spotted in photos on twitter/instagram of him and the other lads out for a bite or a drink.

If only he was good as Poulsen, Spearing, Charlie Adam, N'Gog, Shelvey, Joe Cole, Jovanavic and the like then he might have got more chances in the first team.

Offline TheGOAT

• Gruff handbagger
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #204 on: July 14, 2013, 11:47:57 am »
A 4-0 win and Fromola comes on to whinge. I'm stunned!

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: July 14, 2013, 11:50:37 am »
A 4-0 win and Fromola comes on to whinge. I'm stunned!

I enjoyed the game yesterday, a lot more akin to the style of football we were sold when Rodgers got the job (pressing all over the pitch and possession football) albeit only pre-season. It's having the likes of Pacheco in who can play that style that helps, so i'm just saying I don't get why he wasn't used more last season.

Offline Garstonite

• Scouse Wash House
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: July 14, 2013, 12:11:22 pm »
If Pacheco had done ANYTHING of note on the number of loans that he'd gone on, you'd have a bit of a point. As it stands, he hasn't. So you don't.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #207 on: July 14, 2013, 12:19:40 pm »
If Pacheco had done ANYTHING of note on the number of loans that he'd gone on, you'd have a bit of a point. As it stands, he hasn't. So you don't.

But what have the Roman's ever done for us?
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: July 14, 2013, 01:25:42 pm »

He's had one short loan in this country and made a big contribution to getting Norwich promotion to the Premier League in his spell there. If we'd sorted out better loans for him then he might have made more of an impact, rather than the farce of him going to Atletico who then loaned him straight out.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2013, 01:30:19 pm »
How long will this season's Pacheco thread go?

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: July 14, 2013, 01:39:40 pm »
Thought he played well, maybe he might get a chance this season..

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #211 on: July 14, 2013, 01:40:57 pm »
He's had one short loan in this country and made a big contribution to getting Norwich promotion to the Premier League in his spell there.

A big contribution? He only made 3 starts for them!
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #212 on: July 14, 2013, 01:42:32 pm »

To be fair that's a big contribution for Pacheco!
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: July 14, 2013, 01:43:43 pm »
Genuinely seems to like being at our club. Was very decent yesterday in second half.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: July 14, 2013, 01:50:03 pm »
Dani loves the club.

Considering we had to play Shelvey and Henderson at AM last season. Think I would keep him.

However 3 managers have all thought that he isn't really making the grade here.

« Reply #215 on: July 14, 2013, 01:52:41 pm »
Exactly, its quite telling when you are clearly available and only a struggling Spanish second division team come in for you

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #216 on: July 14, 2013, 01:54:58 pm »
Exactly, its quite telling when you are clearly available and only a struggling Spanish second division team come in for you

He seems to do good enough in our shirt though?

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #217 on: July 14, 2013, 01:59:58 pm »

Although his first start prompted his manager to say this....

http://www.edp24.co.uk/sport/norwich-city-fc/paul_lambert_dani_pacheco_debut_as_good_as_they_get_1_850250
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #218 on: July 14, 2013, 02:04:44 pm »
In fairness, he was loaned to them with very few games left, and scored twice and assisted once, which is a decent contribution in a side that was looking for that last push for promotion. I'm not saying he was pivotal, but he made a rather telling contribution during one of the most difficult parts of the season. I'm not trying to deify him, as his successes are qualified with certain struggles, like the lack of impact he made in double-digit appearances for Valladolid. He did well at Norwich though, and even Lambert attested to his contribution: '“I thought his debut was as good as I’ve seen. I thought he was brilliant, he lifted the crowd.
The hype about him was over the top. People thought he was just going to come in here like Lionel Messi. He’s only a 20-year-old kid learning the game, but I thought his performance was fantastic.”
Edit: Beaten to it ^  :D
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Draex

• Geek God of Typing Letters. Hugo unleashes Jaws? Purveyor of fuel products in Kent.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: July 14, 2013, 02:13:32 pm »
Something has gone on behind the scenes in my opinion, thats why he got loaned out last season.. Maybe he's rebuilt his bridges, because he certainly isn't a bad player by any stretch of the imagination.

« Reply #220 on: July 14, 2013, 02:26:37 pm »
He seems to do good enough in our shirt though?
Clearly not else he wouldn't be on his way out. He obviously got talent but maybe lacking something else which has hindered him

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: July 14, 2013, 02:32:17 pm »

If he'd gone to a Championship club he'd be near enough the best player in that league. He was far and away the best player in the reserve league before Christmas.

« Reply #222 on: July 14, 2013, 02:41:01 pm »
If he'd gone to a Championship club he'd be near enough the best player in that league. He was far and away the best player in the reserve league before Christmas.
Why wasn't he the best player in Spain last season?

Offline The G in Gerrard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: July 14, 2013, 02:42:50 pm »
Clearly not else he wouldn't be on his way out.

Well he has. West Brom away last season for example.

Anyway I doubt he'll be here this season approaching.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2013, 02:45:47 pm by The G in Gerrard »

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: July 14, 2013, 03:13:23 pm »

I didn't see any of his games there so couldn't judge.

« Reply #225 on: July 14, 2013, 03:15:25 pm »
I didn't see any of his games there so couldn't judge.
If he was anything close to that I'm sure we'd all know by now
Well he has. West Brom away last season for example.

Anyway I doubt he'll be here this season approaching.
Yes he played well in that game but seemingly not enough to convince the manager (not the first time)

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #226 on: July 14, 2013, 03:17:01 pm »
I love how people ignore that he was in all likelihood and from what I've heard, the one who pushed for the first loan spell in Spain, and he probably would have preferred to stay there.

But no, the club has a grudge against him I tell ya

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: July 14, 2013, 03:18:43 pm »
If he was anything close to that I'm sure we'd all know by now

He went to a team at the bottom all season who got relegated. He did well there, but it wouldn't have been the right club for him. If he'd gone to Watford under Zola playing good football then he'd have flourished.

But you can't say we couldn't have sorted him a loan move to a decent Championship club when you look at some of the shite United get millions of pounds for off these clubs.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #228 on: July 14, 2013, 03:22:57 pm »
Maybe he has the reverse of what Downing is meant to have, in that he is frequently described around rawk & in podcasts as having the best game in training, then Downing is slightly less good in the games. Maybe Dani looks uninspiring in training and delivers a better game in front of supporters.
It is also a bit like the people who interview well and are crap in the job, whilst some people, nervous as hell in the interview, would do the job brilliantly.
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Butter Keks

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: July 14, 2013, 03:24:36 pm »
Deja Vu - The Dani Pacheco thread.

Will this year finally be his year? Probably not as Rodgers still seems to be in the market for an attacking midfielder. We need to find the right club for a loan, a club that encourages some decent football.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: July 14, 2013, 03:28:26 pm »
Maybe he has the reverse of what Downing is meant to have, in that he is frequently described around rawk & in podcasts as having the best game in training, then Downing is slightly less good in the games. Maybe Dani looks uninspiring in training and delivers a better game in front of supporters.
It is also a bit like the people who interview well and are crap in the job, whilst some people, nervous as hell in the interview, would do the job brilliantly.

You could guess that it was an attitude thing, but whenever he dropped down to the under 21s last season he put 100% in and was the best player on the pitch. In pre-season he looked our sharpest player and was then fucked off for Joe Cole at West Brom who promptly got injured straight away.

Offline Redpross1

• Anny Roader
« Reply #231 on: July 14, 2013, 03:28:31 pm »
I wonder why Dani doesn't want more than what he has at the moment.... Most players want regular first team football. Why is he not knocking down BR's door asking to be let go so be can get his career going.

Offline Fordy

• Κασσάνδρα. ITK (rubs bridge of nose knowingly)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: July 14, 2013, 03:33:21 pm »
Deja Vu - The Dani Pacheco thread.

Will this year finally be his year? Probably not as Rodgers still seems to be in the market for an attacking midfielder. We need to find the right club for a loan, a club that encourages some decent football.

No point loaning him out again. As surely he can't have long left on his contract.

Either sell him or keep him.

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: July 14, 2013, 03:48:22 pm »

Because he simply isn't the 'best player' that played in the Segunda last season. Given the level of sheer world-class young talent that takes part in the Segunda, that's no knock on him.

Ludi Circenses!

Offline GrkStav

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: July 14, 2013, 03:52:27 pm »
I wonder why Dani doesn't want more than what he has at the moment.... Most players want regular first team football. Why is he not knocking down BR's door asking to be let go so be can get his career going.

I think he's tried to push for a move that will allow him to play regular football, preferably on loan, so that he can either return to LFC (one can't begrudge him for wanting eventually to make a solid career with LFC, right?) or move to a decent top-division club in England or Spain.

As for people complaining about seeing too many pictures of him at restaurants, what can I say, the boy actually uses twitter. He does also post pictures of himself training with other young players, or spending time with first-team players. Beats him posting embarrassing pictures of himself and his "package", no?
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Mr_Morosoph

• Moaning bed wetter, cry wanks for Torres
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: July 14, 2013, 03:59:45 pm »
Don't think I've ever wanted someone to make it with us as much as Dani. Seems like a great guy and the talent is there. There's obviously something missing though. At this point I think we should sell him, though make sure to put a buy back clause in there somewhere.
"I was pleased also with Peter Crouch. We have been talking to him, before and after his nose operation, to show more confidence with his heading.

"Now it seems to have worked. Lets say that if he has a few games without scoring again, maybe we should arrange to break his nose again."

Rafa.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #236 on: July 14, 2013, 04:08:03 pm »
Because he simply isn't the 'best player' that played in the Segunda last season. Given the level of sheer world-class young talent that takes part in the Segunda, that's no knock on him.

Barca and Real's B teams are stocked full of excellent talent. Luis Alberto was playing in Segunda last season and wasn't even the best player in it.

Offline Draex

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #237 on: July 14, 2013, 04:23:28 pm »
If someone like Alberto or Coutinho had done that reverse flick through his legs everyone would of been fawning over it.

Offline aggerdid

• Reads the subtitles on "Queer as Folk" from right to left
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: July 14, 2013, 04:25:01 pm »
i'd love to know what went wrong for him here. i'm in the "if all the shit hadn't kicked off years ago and rafa had a stable position i think he would have been a squad player for us" camp. he does seem intelligent but brendan doesn't like him. lambert should take him to aston villa before we do worse damage to his career. yet another waste of our academy's time and money. player shows promise > gets loaned off > comes back > sold/contract runs down
We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey - Kenji Miyazawa

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: July 14, 2013, 04:32:00 pm »
i'd love to know what went wrong for him here. i'm in the "if all the shit hadn't kicked off years ago and rafa had a stable position i think he would have been a squad player for us" camp. he does seem intelligent but brendan doesn't like him. lambert should take him to aston villa before we do worse damage to his career. yet another waste of our academy's time and money. player shows promise > gets loaned off > comes back > sold/contract runs down

I'd just like to know why, though. He seems like a Rodgers-type player and exactly the type of player who fits into his style, but he's barely had a chance.