Author Topic: Liverpool (1) v Chelsea (1) - 25/11/17 (Salah ‘64 Willian ‘85)  (Read 70696 times)

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
Re: Liverpool (1) v Chelsea (1) - 25/11/17 (Salah ‘64 Willian ‘85)
« Reply #480 on: November 25, 2017, 08:01:50 pm »
Klopp was livid at the ref for not allowing him to bring Adam on
Let's not get facts get in the way of things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

:D

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
  • half man half biscan. OOT and proud of it.
« Reply #481 on: November 25, 2017, 08:02:02 pm »
Well well well

Another three points that have turned into a point. Which is fine. That's what the superfans would have you believe. People wonder why the crowd is so quiet when we shit ourselves under the slightest bit of pressure. Great long clearance from Milner which invited the ball for the Chelsea equaliser.  All good though. This happens to most teams, dropping points from winning positions.

Jurgen's collapsing reds are coming up the hill.

They are the champions, we had a tough game mid week, they scored a fluke goal. You font know what you are talking about.
Believe in yourselves and we can do this.

Offline vallapureddy

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: November 25, 2017, 08:02:34 pm »
Worrying looking at the images showing on analysis. Our back four are not in straight line. Especially Klavan and Gomez.. I have seen in other games too Gomez is always off the straight line. Hope he learns it quickly to maintain the defense line. Have high hopes on him.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: November 25, 2017, 08:03:05 pm »
They are the champions, we had a tough game mid week, they scored a fluke goal. You font know what you are talking about.

You can't blame him, he was rushing to tell people that he "told us so".

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #484 on: November 25, 2017, 08:03:24 pm »
Sooner rather than later we’ll be in for a striker. Firmino simply can’t play every week and I’m not sure Sturridge is good enough anymore to be our second option. Injuries look to have taken their toll, he’s lost a yard of pace. Won’t be many tougher games for him than tonight to be fair but don’t feel he contributed much at all.
On the plus side, the back four were pretty decent, contained Chelsea well.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
Liverpool (1) v Chelsea (1) - 25/11/17 (Salah ‘64 Willian ‘85)
« Reply #485 on: November 25, 2017, 08:04:02 pm »
Let's not get facts get in the way of things.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
What? He even said so in the post match interview

Edit - oh wait I see what you're saying

Indeed
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 08:05:36 pm by Rush 82 »

Offline Gazza-LFC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #486 on: November 25, 2017, 08:04:03 pm »
Thought on a individual basis Henderson was very poor again. The amount of times he was skinned and was on the wrong side was awful.

Offline ElDuderino

• Main Stander
« Reply #487 on: November 25, 2017, 08:04:05 pm »
Mignolet's fault? Fuck off. Didn't play that well though. 0-0 would've been a fair result, both were lucky, theirs took the piss. Given who was out there we played okay, salah glorious as ever. Mane should've came on earlier. Tottenham drew, united are shite. Well in the race, come on huddersfield!

Offline Six Beardy

• Granby Half-Brick Dodger!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #488 on: November 25, 2017, 08:04:36 pm »
Two games in a row Coutinho’s stunk the place out but avoids criticism because people are too busy saying Henderson’s “not a leader".

Much as I love him, Coutinho plays for himself... laying on a pass for someone else is always a reluctant, second best option for him if he can't get away a shot at goal himself. When it works for him it's great but when it doesn't he's really frustrating to watch, a virtual passenger at times. For a player valued at over £100m he rarely, if ever, runs or controls a game. We've had two big games this week and he's had very little impact in either. By premiership standards he's a cut above (and clearly a massive talent), but he's not really progressed over the last few years into being the indispensible world class player he has the potential to be.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: November 25, 2017, 08:04:38 pm »
Fair result in the end and no shame taking a point off of the champions but dam do we live dangerously.

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #490 on: November 25, 2017, 08:05:13 pm »
I can't comment on the performance since I haven't seen the game.

I've seen the goals though. Ours was so well crafted. Theirs was obviously a fluke. Could Mignolet have saved it? Probably not. He's too slow. A goalie with quicker feet might have stood a chance though.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.

Offline Beard

• Main Stander
« Reply #491 on: November 25, 2017, 08:05:32 pm »
"Disgusting" - can you actually hear yourself describing our captain in those words after a draw against the Champions ? Seriously take a look at yourself. No wonder the atmosphere is so shit if the ground is full of people like you.

I'm not calling Henderson disgusting am I? I'm saying its a disgusting decision that he's our captain.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #492 on: November 25, 2017, 08:06:10 pm »
Stoke
Brighton
Everton
Wba
Bournemouth

Time to move up the table.
Great opportunity, 12 points minimum there. We’ve now played the top 6 where as they still have games to come against eachother.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #493 on: November 25, 2017, 08:06:11 pm »
Thought on a individual basis Henderson was very poor again. The amount of times he was skinned and was on the wrong side was awful.

I thought he was much better than in midweek and had a decent game. But a captain he is definitely not. To suggest that he is the leader of these group of players is laughable.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #494 on: November 25, 2017, 08:06:47 pm »
I'm not calling Henderson disgusting am I? I'm saying its a disgusting decision that he's our captain.
Really?

Maybe you have a long think about what you're saying

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #495 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:05 pm »
Stoke
Brighton
Everton
Wba
Bournemouth

Yep today was fine but the team will deserve criticim if it takes less than 11-12 points from that.

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #496 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:10 pm »
Two games in a row Coutinho’s stunk the place out but avoids criticism because people are too busy saying Henderson’s “not a leader".
I love Phil to death but he's no Hazard is he ? Maybe that's why he kicked him. Hazard disappeared for a good 15 mins afterwards and Phil not even booked.

Offline DonkeyWan

• ker. Football Genius, Generously gives Young Jόrgen pointers to help him improve.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I never met a man who wasn't...
« Reply #497 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:11 pm »
Personally I think this side are on a very exciting trajectory. Most of the new additions look like they are better than what they are replacing. People tend to forget how many of this side were inherited. The team is now performing well in Europe and in the league, even with the additional workload. Liverpool seem less inclined to lose to bad teams away and look super solid at home. They are competitive with any of the top 6. There is a clear distance in quality between some of the team and the rest, but it also makes it easier to identify problems and correct them. We know Keita is on the way to firm up the middle. One more playmaker in there and the side will be far more solid. One or two decent backs and I think this is a squad that could push for the league. I find it frustrating when people can't see the see the progress being made and instead focus on stages of this progress and treat them like definitive moments. More annoying is the relentless complaints about weaknesses in the squad that we know the club want to address but that can't be addressed until January.
Beatings will continue until morale improves...

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #498 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:40 pm »
Good performance and Gomez was excellent, just to add. Willian you jammy bastard.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline FLRed67

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #499 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:44 pm »
We got draws against two tough oppo's in one week. The coming run of games is against easier opposition. The big question I am left with is what pissed Mane off?. He looked really annoyed with Klopp. Bought on too late?, came on with a niggle, or hadn't warmed up?.
e
And welcome back Phase!

I'm not sure Brighton away will be easy. They will be rested and at home.

Chelsea were there for the taking today. It will likely be between us two, Spurs and Arsenal for 2 Cl spots.This was an opportunity to inch ahead.

Mane's beef? I'm guessing the panicky subs at the end of the game, 15 minutes after it was obvious several players were dead on their feet, or just having a poor game.  We've seen this kind of strange game management before. One of Klopp's blind spots.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #500 on: November 25, 2017, 08:07:52 pm »
No I font. Thanks

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #501 on: November 25, 2017, 08:08:13 pm »
I love Phil to death but he's no Hazard is he ? Maybe that's why he kicked him. Hazard disappeared for a good 15 mins afterwards and Phil not even booked.
Worth remembering that Hazard disappeared for an entire year...

Form goes up and down...
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline ThePeetmix

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #502 on: November 25, 2017, 08:08:23 pm »
Stoke
Brighton
Everton
Wba
Bournemouth

That's what we need to focus on. Exactly why Mane and Bobby were rested. These 5 games are very important to our season.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #503 on: November 25, 2017, 08:08:31 pm »

Chelsea were there for the taking today. It will likely be between us two, Spurs and Arsenal for 2 Cl spots.This was an opportunity to inch ahead.

Mane's beef? I'm guessing the panicky subs at the end of the game, 15 minutes after it was obvious several players were dead on their feet.  We've seen this kind of strange game management before. One of Klopp's blind spots.

Klopp has said himself that he wanted to bring subs on earlier than he was eventually able to.

Offline zero zero

• Karma's a bitch. Innit.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #504 on: November 25, 2017, 08:08:33 pm »
Throwing away points from a winning position?

The only surprise is that it came from a fluke.
How do you throw points away to a fluke?

Some of you lack any sense of perspective. Chelsea looked dangerous for long periods of the game. A draw was a fair result. Strange though it may seem for some of you it's a draw that feels exactly like a draw.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #505 on: November 25, 2017, 08:08:38 pm »

Dont think midfield against the top side suits him. Thought he got snuffed out too easily, which further illustrates how fucking good Lallana has taken to that position and how good Silva is for City.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #506 on: November 25, 2017, 08:08:39 pm »
No sure if posted but Salah did not celebrate out of respect of those murdered in Egypt not because he was an ex-Chelsea player.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #507 on: November 25, 2017, 08:08:48 pm »
No I font. Thanks

Comic sans surely,,,.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline Lar Salty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #508 on: November 25, 2017, 08:09:26 pm »
Lots of weird pollyanna gatekeepers here, deciding who can and can't complain, and what they can and can't complain about. Maybe match threads aren't the place for you and your delicate sensibilities.

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #509 on: November 25, 2017, 08:09:36 pm »

Mane's beef? I'm guessing the panicky subs at the end of the game, 15 minutes after it was obvious several players were dead on their feet, or just having a poor game.  We've seen this kind of strange game management before. One of Klopp's blind spots.

Dont Brighton have a mid-week game?

Offline Triad

• Anny Roader
« Reply #510 on: November 25, 2017, 08:09:39 pm »
Meh.It was two tired teams who would rather be at home than playing.

Offline epsomred

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #511 on: November 25, 2017, 08:09:48 pm »
No I font. Thanks
Ha ha. Typing without my old man reading glasses. I think you know more about spelling than you do football.

Offline slotmachine

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #512 on: November 25, 2017, 08:10:02 pm »
The 8th draw this season that has felt like a defeat. 5 in the league and 3 in the champions league. Similar themes in all of them. Throwing away leads, being to weak mentally to manage a game and not being clinical enough. Its a collective thing rather than scapegoating individuals. We just panic. Matip is a very calm and composed player and even he starts to wobble. Look at the scramble in the first half Matip had 2 chances to clear and he fluffed both. The same in the second half, Chelsea were throwing crosses into the box and half the time it was our own defenders who either headed the ball the wrong way or sliced a clearance up into the air.

Were fucked Psychologically at the moment. The crowd know it and sense it and the players do. The games come thick and fast now but dont be fooled with the opposition. These teams have the perception that were soft and weak mentally and they will have nothing to lose. They will be rubbing their hands to take us on. Klopp and the players need to change this perception ASAP or we will just be a soft team like Arsenal for the last 6 or 7 years flattering to deceive and a team you cant trust.

Offline BobPaisley3

• Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #513 on: November 25, 2017, 08:10:19 pm »
Yeah everyone does. Palace at home, their ‘derby.’

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #514 on: November 25, 2017, 08:10:20 pm »
I can't comment on the performance since I haven't seen the game.

I've seen the goals though. Ours was so well crafted. Theirs was obviously a fluke. Could Mignolet have saved it? Probably not. He's too slow. A goalie with quicker feet might have stood a chance though.

Mignolet today wasnt the issue through yorky, yes another keeper might of moved his feet quicker but the way we conceded it, the deep line, shitting ourselves under pressure. Basically if we are 2 nil up we find a way to concede 2. The minute we are put under pressure you can see it coming.

Offline sms1986

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #515 on: November 25, 2017, 08:10:48 pm »

Yes on Tuesday against Palace.

Offline johnj147

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #516 on: November 25, 2017, 08:10:54 pm »
Stoke
Brighton
Everton
Wba
Bournemouth

yeh a lot of winnable games there  :)

Offline killer-heels

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #517 on: November 25, 2017, 08:11:11 pm »
Yeah everyone does

Ok. Not sure why that poster reckons they will be rested?

Offline TepidT2O

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #518 on: November 25, 2017, 08:11:12 pm »
Mignolet today wasnt the issue through yorky, yes another keeper might of moved his feet quicker but the way we conceded it, the deep line, shitting ourselves under pressure. Basically if we are 2 nil up we find a way to concede 2. The minute we are put under pressure you can see it coming.
Although when he flew off his line, he stopped a certain goal...
W

Offline Upinsmoke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #519 on: November 25, 2017, 08:11:36 pm »
Ha ha. Typing without my old man reading glasses. I think you know more about spelling than you do football.

It's cool old man.