Author Topic: ChatGPT / OpenAI / AI  (Read 23691 times)

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
Re: ChatGPT / OpenAI
« Reply #80 on: February 1, 2023, 10:19:39 am »
Yeah, totally. But I think that’s a speed bump rather than a brick wall. It’ll overcome that with a bit of time. The scariest thing for me is that it can recreate realistic instrumentation in a way that I have to work really hard at. Strings, in particular, take up a lot of my time and effort.

I’m just kinda bummed out that this is a focus for AI development. For a lot of creatives, the artsy, personal side of their work is supported by the commercial stuff that gets you a steady income. I guess because it’s box-office. This will pull more headlines than an AI that screens through health data or does something more useful, but mundane.

There are ways that AI could be made to help creatives, rather than make the obsolete, while still be profitable. I’d happily pay subscriptions for an advanced AI RAW photo editor. It would free up more of my creative time. At the moment, there are no good ones.

I’ve spoken to others who think I’m being a doomsayer. “They said the same when photoshop/digital cameras/DAWs came along etc” but this is massively different. It isn’t just a tool to help things become easier. If you’re creating a final product it doesn’t leave room for the artist.
We've seen a similar progression already with music. The landscape changed when more tech got introduced. It became easier for people to generate music from their bedrooms with no skills with physical musical instruments. Their skills lay in their creativity and a good ear (...to some!).  This will probably have a similar effect, but it may make music too sterile.  There's beauty in imperfection and in the rawness of new instrumental musical talent.  It may just become another genre in music.  I'm not sure AI will be able to provide the emotional connection behind the music that a lot of people, myself included, love.

I agree with you though.  Why can't they focus on the mundane shit we loathe not the stuff that brings us joy and love in creating!

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #81 on: February 1, 2023, 10:40:41 am »
Yeah, totally. But I think that’s a speed bump rather than a brick wall. It’ll overcome that with a bit of time. The scariest thing for me is that it can recreate realistic instrumentation in a way that I have to work really hard at. Strings, in particular, take up a lot of my time and effort.

I’m just kinda bummed out that this is a focus for AI development. For a lot of creatives, the artsy, personal side of their work is supported by the commercial stuff that gets you a steady income. I guess because it’s box-office. This will pull more headlines than an AI that screens through health data or does something more useful, but mundane.

There are ways that AI could be made to help creatives, rather than make the obsolete, while still be profitable. I’d happily pay subscriptions for an advanced AI RAW photo editor. It would free up more of my creative time. At the moment, there are no good ones.

I’ve spoken to others who think I’m being a doomsayer. “They said the same when photoshop/digital cameras/DAWs came along etc” but this is massively different. It isn’t just a tool to help things become easier. If you’re creating a final product it doesn’t leave room for the artist.

Can you get it to do the strings bit while you do the others?
I suppose the problem is the required 'quality'.
For example the stock photos of say "people round a boardroom table looking really excited at a powerpoint".  You could easily spend a day setting the shot up, styling the hair, choosing the clothes perfecting the lighting , getting a great power point up . Perfect sized table . A really good shot.
And charge, well a decent amount.
But for what it's going to be used for , a free image that fulfills the basic criteria is more than good enough.
As an analogy, good food (or wine) is pretty much wasted on my as I don't have the palette to appreciate it.  A £20 decently cooked meal and a £200 super chef created one are more or less the same to me.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #82 on: February 1, 2023, 10:56:10 am »
Can you get it to do the strings bit while you do the others?
I suppose the problem is the required 'quality'.
For example the stock photos of say "people round a boardroom table looking really excited at a powerpoint".  You could easily spend a day setting the shot up, styling the hair, choosing the clothes perfecting the lighting , getting a great power point up . Perfect sized table . A really good shot.
And charge, well a decent amount.
But for what it's going to be used for , a free image that fulfills the basic criteria is more than good enough.
As an analogy, good food (or wine) is pretty much wasted on my as I don't have the palette to appreciate it.  A £20 decently cooked meal and a £200 super chef created one are more or less the same to me.

The shot in your hypothetical will take time and, usually, personal expense. The people in it will be paid. The photographer or photography studio will take that financial burden knowing they can get 5-10 years of small, accumulative passive income from it. There’s often no big pay day for most stock - especially after Getty etc get their cream off the top. AI will be able to do that without the photographer, models or any crew. Getty/google or whoever will be free to undercut any humans still making stock and still make more money.

As it gets more sophisticated, the more of the industry it will consume. Celebrities may, and doubtless will, take advantage of AI to do promo shoots for them. Ad work where they no longer have to spend a half day on a photoshoot but instead license their AI likeness.

For your music question, if it was a tool that did it, it would certainly help, but maybe remove some of the satisfaction- not all hard work is a chore if there is a payoff at the end. It’s kind of like our competition with city - the feeling that no matter how hard the team compete, It’s not a fair fight.

Even the ‘hum a melody’ bits would be a help. But that has not been the focus of AI. They’re focusing on creating standalone, complete music.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: February 1, 2023, 11:22:42 am »
how long before we see an AI generated film. Not just CGI, the script, the score, everything.
Maybe the Oscars will have a category for best film not made by humans.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: February 1, 2023, 01:43:10 pm »
how long before we see an AI generated film. Not just CGI, the script, the score, everything.
Maybe the Oscars will have a category for best film not made by humans.

How long until AI decides we don't need humans anymore?
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: February 1, 2023, 01:52:06 pm »

Don't let it scrape the text from the main board and the transfer thread, it will quickly deem humans to be not worthy and a menace to the world.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #86 on: February 1, 2023, 02:44:47 pm »
I don't have information on the exact dimensions of Jordan Pickford's arms. However, the length of a person's arms is not directly related to their abilities as a soccer player. What is important is how they use their body, including their arms, to perform on the field. Jordan Pickford is a professional soccer player who plays as a goalkeeper for Everton Football Club and the England national team. He has been praised for his quick reflexes and shot-stopping ability.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #87 on: February 2, 2023, 08:28:01 am »
I didn't click the daily mail link, but it looks like moonpig are leveraging ChatGPT.

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #88 on: February 4, 2023, 09:26:56 am »
I imagine this is how SKYNET started out.
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline liverbloke

• Prototype RAWK Genius. Founder of stickysheets.com and prefers it solo. Gotta hand it to him, eh?
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • i neither know nor care
« Reply #89 on: February 4, 2023, 09:39:07 am »
I imagine this is how SKYNET started out.

AI'll be back
Quote from: Lee1-6Liv
Who would have thought liverblokes no draws idea would not be his worst idea of the weekend

Offline Lycan

• Loves egg. Quite partial to a nipple too. Once came into contact with Jeremy Beadle and his tiny right hand. I used to be a Werewolf, but I'm alright noooooooooowww!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #90 on: February 4, 2023, 09:42:43 am »
“There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind, never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die.”

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: February 8, 2023, 10:37:05 am »
Microsoft have built this into Bing and will be adding it to developer tools this year. Google are making an announcement about something at 1:30, one of my bosses think its their own AI
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #92 on: February 8, 2023, 10:49:20 am »
Microsoft have built this into Bing and will be adding it to developer tools this year. Google are making an announcement about something at 1:30, one of my bosses think its their own AI
Probably "Bard"

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #93 on: February 8, 2023, 01:39:40 pm »
AI'll be back
That is so bad I had to leave it several days to fully appreciate it.

Offline Wabaloolah

• Rocks to the East, Rocks to the West. Definitely Unscotch.
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Allez Allez Allez
    • My Twitter Account
« Reply #94 on: February 8, 2023, 05:33:09 pm »
Loving this AI, helped me resolve something today, first couple of attempts errored when I tried it, literally had a Q&A session with the bot and it kept re-writing different expressions and after 4 attempts it worked!
However if something serious happens to them I will eat my own cock.

If anyone is going to put a few fingers deep into my arse it's going to be me.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: February 8, 2023, 07:43:40 pm »
It's weird. We kind of do that when we Google, but seem to end up going round in circles.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #96 on: February 8, 2023, 11:01:09 pm »
Ask it to code you a script that does a specific thing in a language of your choice. Or to create a WordPress plug in for something.
  There is more than "just regurgitating some shite it has read online" behind it.

Where is it getting all the coding knowledge from? Its from scrubbing it from other online sources.

It works pretty well most of the time, solving small little coding issues or filing some gaps in someone's knowledge. It can be a useful tool in the hands of someone who already knows what they are doing.

However, I do think its worse than a google search in the hands of a lazy or unknowledgeable person because it straight up makes up lies and provides false information when it can't find anything.

With a search engine, you are presented a bunch of search results, and as a user you are expected to parse through what is good and what is unreliable.

With ChatGPT it is marketed as AI, it presents its answers with conviction, when it is often providing crappy information to the end user.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #97 on: February 8, 2023, 11:08:42 pm »
I asked it to write a method to return a set of numbers based on various criteria.  I then asked it to provide a list of expect results from that method based on parameters I gave it.
When viewing the results I noticed a value that wasn't exceptable and I asked it to tweak the code to take that into account.  It regenerated the code and it re ran the tests.  This time it was acceptable.

I think simulating the results is a pretty impressive trick.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #98 on: February 9, 2023, 11:13:26 am »
Where is it getting all the coding knowledge from? Its from scrubbing it from other online sources.

It works pretty well most of the time, solving small little coding issues or filing some gaps in someone's knowledge. It can be a useful tool in the hands of someone who already knows what they are doing.

However, I do think its worse than a google search in the hands of a lazy or unknowledgeable person because it straight up makes up lies and provides false information when it can't find anything.

With a search engine, you are presented a bunch of search results, and as a user you are expected to parse through what is good and what is unreliable.

With ChatGPT it is marketed as AI, it presents its answers with conviction, when it is often providing crappy information to the end user.

I've noticed it uses outdated code presumably due to most of the data it has scraped is old.

For example, when I was getting it to write a powershell script it uses the cmdlet "Get-WMIObject" which is deprecated and doesn't work in Powershell 7, when really it should be using the command "Get-CimInstance". It did promptly fix it when I pointed that out though.

It shows up a flaw though, its going to serve up scripts in a way that is no longer best practice and many people won't notice, or know why it isn't working.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #99 on: February 9, 2023, 02:40:56 pm »
Powershell 7 came out in 2020? A year before the cut off date for the data used in modelling. As it uses probability to determine what results to return, I guess the amount of data that is available on that subject in the old tech, is probably what makes it think it's most likely to be right.  Did you tell it to use the latest version of Powershell to get the correction or did you point out the syntax change?

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: February 9, 2023, 02:53:31 pm »
Powershell 7 came out in 2020? A year before the cut off date for the data used in modelling. As it uses probability to determine what results to return, I guess the amount of data that is available on that subject in the old tech, is probably what makes it think it's most likely to be right.  Did you tell it to use the latest version of Powershell to get the correction or did you point out the syntax change?

Just told it the cmdlet was deprecated and it should use Get-CimInstance. It then rewrote it correctly.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #101 on: February 9, 2023, 03:19:13 pm »
Just told it the cmdlet was deprecated and it should use Get-CimInstance. It then rewrote it correctly.

Should it now remember this for the future for everyone else?

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: February 9, 2023, 03:33:28 pm »

Yeah, so stop telling it its fucking wrong, so it never gets it right, so some dickhead can't just use it when they have no clue what they are doing ;)

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #103 on: February 9, 2023, 04:12:49 pm »
I don't believe it will.  It only seems to remember things you tell it within the confines of that chat thread.

Looking at the API to get the responses in context of your conversation, you always have to submit the history of the conversation.

Offline Elmo!

• Spolier alret!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #104 on: February 9, 2023, 04:20:06 pm »
I don't believe it will.  It only seems to remember things you tell it within the confines of that chat thread.

Looking at the API to get the responses in context of your conversation, you always have to submit the history of the conversation.

I assume it does learn from the chats but doesn't just accept something from one person or chat session. If it keeps getting told something by multiple people it will eventually accept that as trustworthy.

A bit like Captcha's that ask you to identify all the traffic lights, or enter the house number, it waits until it has enough answers before accepting something is correct.

Offline simpleman

• Doesn't wash his willy
  • Anny Roader
  • Believer
« Reply #105 on: February 9, 2023, 04:30:30 pm »
From the horses mouth...
As a language model developed by OpenAI, I do not store or retain any information or knowledge gained from individual interactions. Each time I respond to a request, I generate a response based on the information I have been trained on, which is not influenced by previous interactions. Furthermore, the knowledge that I have been trained on is not updated in real-time, and my training data has a cutoff date of 2021, so any new or updated information that has emerged since that time may not be reflected in my responses.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #106 on: February 9, 2023, 05:58:25 pm »
Well someone or another company will sort that out in no time, seems to be a bit of a limited way of doing things

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: February 9, 2023, 06:24:50 pm »
Might be to prevent Google from feeding it a shit ton of erroneous infom

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #108 on: February 9, 2023, 10:25:23 pm »
I've noticed it uses outdated code presumably due to most of the data it has scraped is old.

For example, when I was getting it to write a powershell script it uses the cmdlet "Get-WMIObject" which is deprecated and doesn't work in Powershell 7, when really it should be using the command "Get-CimInstance". It did promptly fix it when I pointed that out though.

It shows up a flaw though, its going to serve up scripts in a way that is no longer best practice and many people won't notice, or know why it isn't working.

I am not coder although can do very basic stuff  however, this is probably the strongest suite for ChatGPT at the moment besides writing high school essays that will get you C or D grade.

I tried to use it for a work task as a test. I asked it to write a technical specification for a construction project. Usually, this is a copy-paste job from a publicly available word document. Not hard. With google, this would take 2 mins. I was specific about what I wanted.

I expected it to just read that document and spit out the answer. But no it really struggled and gave me a weak sauce bullshit answer. Had a really clueless engineer or builder used this specification it would definitely open up doors for cost claims and lawsuits. No matter what I told it, it couldn't fix the answer, said it couldn't access this word document online.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #109 on: February 10, 2023, 06:47:58 am »

Ah, the impending singularity.  ::)
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #110 on: February 11, 2023, 07:03:59 am »
Interesting post max powers.
There's critiques out there that would suggest it does behave as you say .
It definitely seems to be a useful tool for people with knowledge in their field rather than a replacement just yet.

Was just wondering how come it's'exploded' now. I know some of it is algorithms personalised to me, but a month ago if not heard of it and now it's everywhere.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: February 11, 2023, 08:28:49 am »
It definitely seems to be a useful tool for people with knowledge in their field rather than a replacement just yet.

Was just wondering how come it's'exploded' now. I know some of it is algorithms personalised to me, but a month ago if not heard of it and now it's everywhere.

The Last Leg used it last night to write a joke, which they slipped into the show without revealing at the time it was the chatbot joke - the joke was shite and not funny. It was about Zelensky meeting Charles and how they had something in common, as neither one of them had a country. It fell very flat with the audence, the producer didn't get it and the shows lawyer thought it was a bit nasty/on the edge of acceptable.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #112 on: February 11, 2023, 09:02:57 am »
To be fair, you'd expect comedy to be way down on the list of things AI can manage.
And sense of humour is so specific. Just look at the audience figures for Mrs brown's boys!

I suppose it's maybe where search was in early days, a fantastic vehicle for info but needed a competent driver at the wheel.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #113 on: February 11, 2023, 09:07:14 am »
Also ..  guess we all saw that the Google version wiped a $100bn off alphabet share value.  Anything truss can do AI can do better...

Offline thejbs

• well-focussed, deffo not at all bias......ed
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #114 on: February 12, 2023, 11:21:58 pm »

ChatGPT was only publicly released 2 months ago.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: February 15, 2023, 01:50:53 pm »
ChatGPT was only publicly released 2 months ago.

That would explain it :)

$20 a month sub. Seem worth it?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: February 15, 2023, 09:20:13 pm »
The Last Leg used it last night to write a joke, which they slipped into the show without revealing at the time it was the chatbot joke - the joke was shite and not funny. It was about Zelensky meeting Charles and how they had something in common, as neither one of them had a country. It fell very flat with the audence, the producer didn't get it and the shows lawyer thought it was a bit nasty/on the edge of acceptable.

Wasn't there an AI written and produced Seinfeld show in Twitch? I have seen some clips and it is extremely unfunny copy of the orignal.

On side note, I used it to write my girlfriend a poem for Valentines and a few word choices aside it was pretty good. More funny than romantic but still pretty good.

Offline PaulF

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #117 on: February 15, 2023, 09:27:56 pm »
Wasn't there an AI written and produced Seinfeld show in Twitch? I have seen some clips and it is extremely unfunny copy of the orignal.

On side note, I used it to write my girlfriend a poem for Valentines and a few word choices aside it was pretty good. More funny than romantic but still pretty good.
Did the bot get the 'benefits' ?

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #118 on: February 16, 2023, 05:33:45 pm »
Did the bot get the 'benefits' ?

It did not, she did say that she was leaving me for ChatGPT. But I think that was a joke..... for now.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."