Author Topic: 1,000 GA tickets 'impacted' next season  (Read 9695 times)

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
1,000 GA tickets 'impacted' next season
« on: January 31, 2017, 10:20:46 am »
Hope yerz have got all 19 on your cards  ;D

I know we badly need to improve disability access but ridiculous innit? 

Take away 1,000 members tickets for redeveloping the Main.  Give them back when it's done.  Now gone again.  Maybe we'll get them back when they finish the Annie  :-X

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/252663-lfc-confirms-stadium-accessibility-plans-for-2017-18-season

With me 3 star jumper half way up me back!

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
Re: 1,000 GA tickets 'impacted' next season
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2017, 10:26:31 am »
Not ridiculous, it's the right thing to do. Don't know why they couldn't do it when they did the Main Stand though.
Legacy fan

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2017, 10:29:49 am »
Not ridiculous, it's the right thing to do. Don't know why they couldn't do it when they did the Main Stand though.

They earn more per seat in the lower tiers of the main stand, which is why it is the Centenary stand that they are adapting.

Offline Danny Boys Dad

• Errol Flynn when he's had a few
  • Legacy Fan
  • Now listen here son
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2017, 10:31:40 am »
They earn more per seat in the lower tiers of the main stand, which is why it is the Centenary stand that they are adapting.

Not seen the plans, just the figures.

Might have known that money would be a factor in it somewhere
Legacy fan

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2017, 10:32:38 am »

Of course it's the right thing to do. 

It's still ridiculous to think that we had 1,000 more general admission tickets when the ground was 8,000 smaller than now.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #5 on: January 31, 2017, 10:32:42 am »

The new Main has loads of disabled seats, it's the rest of the ground (in the away section & Centenary in particular) which need upgrading and appear to be getting done.

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2017, 10:36:05 am »
Mixed on this personally. Could it effect atmosphere even more? Then on the other side it's great from the club doing more for the disabled to the them to the match
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #7 on: January 31, 2017, 10:43:15 am »
Hope yerz have got all 19 on your cards  ;D

I know we badly need to improve disability access but ridiculous innit? 

Take away 1,000 members tickets for redeveloping the Main.  Give them back when it's done.  Now gone again.  Maybe we'll get them back when they finish the Annie  :-X

http://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/stadium-expansion/252663-lfc-confirms-stadium-accessibility-plans-for-2017-18-season

I'm sure this is the only way of doing it. They wouldn't willingly take out 1,000 seats unless they felt they had no other option.
I for one welcome our new insect overloads

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #8 on: January 31, 2017, 10:46:49 am »
Mixed on this personally. Could it effect atmosphere even more? Then on the other side it's great from the club doing more for the disabled to the them to the match

I think it's some kind of minimum requirement that they're meeting, wouldn't praise them too much for something that's forced their hand.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9 on: January 31, 2017, 10:52:31 am »
I'm sure this is the only way of doing it. They wouldn't willingly take out 1,000 seats unless they felt they had no other option.

I get that, I totally do.

They haven't got another option but still the ground expands (or maybe they have if what SP said is right, couldn't tell if he was being serious) by 8,000 and the amount of normaltons allowed in decreases by 1,000.

We never benefitted from the new Stand.  They decreased the GA allocation by 1,000 whilst the building took place.  They increased it by 1,000 when it was opened.  And now it's gone again.  Will we ever get it back?  Probably not, only if the Annie is built but they'll probably take another 1,000 away if or when the building starts on it.

Offline swoopy

• not a mod. At all. Like ever. And certainly not on the ticket board that's for sure. Not for want of trying. Can't spell Irmingham either.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: January 31, 2017, 11:37:33 am »
Given the hundreds of hospitality seats that have been empty over the recent weeks they should be converting them back to GA seats to make up for the loss!

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: January 31, 2017, 11:44:54 am »
Given the hundreds of hospitality seats that have been empty over the recent weeks they should be converting them back to GA seats to make up for the loss!

Or they could make it easier for their target market

http://www.fenwaysportsmanagement.com/LFCtrip/

$1,854 - AIR FARE NOT INCLUDED!  Fuck me.

« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:47:21 am by SuperWool075 »

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2017, 11:48:26 am »
I get that, I totally do.

They haven't got another option but still the ground expands (or maybe they have if what SP said is right, couldn't tell if he was being serious) by 8,000 and the amount of normaltons allowed in decreases by 1,000.

We never benefitted from the new Stand.  They decreased the GA allocation by 1,000 whilst the building took place.  They increased it by 1,000 when it was opened.  And now it's gone again.  Will we ever get it back?  Probably not, only if the Annie is built but they'll probably take another 1,000 away if or when the building starts on it.

And the whole point of the main stand was all the corporate seats, hundreds of which are now empty game after game! American owners are all about stadiums as a way to make money off hospitality with a load of bells and whistles. To them I doubt the average matchgoing fan is worth bothering with. In fact I'm sure I heard Ayre say they weren't bothering with the Annie Road because you can't make enough corporate money off a stand behind the goal. Shows you what their mindset is. 

Offline kalle-anka

• Dönåld Dükk!!!!!
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS member 6912
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2017, 11:49:50 am »

Isn't Reds bar the least expensive hospitality as well?

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2017, 11:55:40 am »
So the new Main Stand gave 4000 seats for actual fans. 2000 general admission seats, 2000 STH. This will now be reduced to merely an increase of 1000 general admission seats + 250 wheelchair spots when all is said and done.

The sad thing is some will still defend the club on that and say we shouldn't expand anny road. The main stand was never meant to be for us, it's for a bunch of Tory c*nts in suits so they don't have to be near us plebs.

Honestly getting closer and closer to legging home games. The ground is full of c*nts I have no connection to and the club is only interested in moving it in 1 direction
« Last Edit: January 31, 2017, 11:57:32 am by Crosby Wych »
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #15 on: January 31, 2017, 11:58:32 am »

I can't believe anyone has bought that. Just why? Absolute extortion.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #16 on: January 31, 2017, 12:00:16 pm »
I can't believe anyone has bought that. Just why? Absolute extortion.

As FSG said themselves "Turning fans into customers"
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline Giovanni

• C'mon Chelsea!!! Stood on the Spyin Kop, the tricky bitch. Look out!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #17 on: January 31, 2017, 12:00:31 pm »
farce.

At least the hospitality is oversubscribed ::)
cyas

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2017, 12:04:30 pm »
So the new Main Stand gave 4000 seats for actual fans. 2000 general admission seats, 2000 STH. This will now be reduced to merely an increase of 1000 general admission seats + 250 wheelchair spots when all is said and done.

The sad thing is some will still defend the club on that and say we shouldn't expand anny road. The main stand was never meant to be for us, it's for a bunch of Tory c*nts in suits so they don't have to be near us plebs.

Honestly getting closer and closer to legging home games. The ground is full of c*nts I have no connection to and the club is only interested in moving it in 1 direction
Expanding the number of wheelchair seats is the right thing to do, however they should be made to make up the 1000 GA tickets elsewhere which I'm sure they've no interest in doing.

Offline D🐶G

• Sworn enemy of C🙀T
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2017, 12:05:39 pm »
Surely this could've / should've been incorporated into the designing and planning of the new Main Stand?  Thus saving the upheaval of moving fans, losing a chunk of capacity that they've spent millions on increasing and pissing off us general admission supporters in the process.

Or would that have been too simple?
Twitter - @ElmDag - 19 League Titles • 8 FA Cups • 9 Football League Cups • 16 FA Charity Shields • 6 UEFA European Cups • 3 UEFA Cups • 4 UEFA European Super Cups • 1 FIFA Club World Cup

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2017, 12:06:37 pm »
Expanding the number of wheelchair seats is the right thing to do, however they should be made to make up the 1000 GA tickets elsewhere which I'm sure they've no interest in doing.

Totally agree, the disabled seats are an issue at Anfield, don't want to come across like i'm angry they're adding more wheelchair specs. Just angry that after all their talk we're going to end up with such a tiny increase for fans when all is said and done, and they're balking at the idea of further expansion

Offline koptommy93

• Legacy Fan
  • @tharris113
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2017, 12:09:11 pm »
Totally agree, the disabled seats are an issue at Anfield, don't want to come across like i'm angry they're adding more wheelchair specs. Just angry that after all their talk we're going to end up with such a tiny increase for fans when all is said and done, and they're balking at the idea of further expansion
If the money isn't there they don't see the point. People who make excuses for them on this will never be able to explain away that fact.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2017, 01:01:54 pm »
Expanding the number of wheelchair seats is the right thing to do.

It'd be the right thing to do, if they were doing it off their own backs.

Apparently this minimum requirement came in 1998, but the Premier League have only been enforcing it in the last two years.

Can't really say it's the right thing to do when they should have been thinking about it almost 20 years ago.

Offline ant

• Legacy Fan
  • Spread the faith - YNWA !!!
    • OLSC - France
« Reply #23 on: February 1, 2017, 10:44:25 am »
better late than never !
www.liverpoolfrance.com - The home of Liverpool fans in France.

Get down to 1 of our 2 pubs in Paris, Lush Bar or Kop Bar, for all the Red's games on the tele :
http://www.liverpoolfrance.com/ou-voir-les-reds/

TRADE COUNT WHEN WE HAD A TICKET EXCHANGE : 24

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #24 on: February 1, 2017, 12:42:10 pm »
So since the main stand has been built, only extra 1000 tickets will be available for members? Wow.... :o
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Billy Elliot

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #25 on: February 1, 2017, 03:58:41 pm »
So since the main stand has been built, only extra 1000 tickets will be available for members? Wow.... :o

No, it went down when the Main Stand was being built.  When the Stand was opened the members allocation went back to what it was when we had the old Main Stand.  So far, there's no extra members tickets.

Next season there will be 1,000 lest members tickets than what it was before the Main Stand was developed.

So, next season the Members allocation will be the same as what it was in 15/16.  Members had 1,000 more tickets in 14/15.
« Last Edit: February 1, 2017, 04:00:37 pm by SuperWool075 »

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #26 on: February 1, 2017, 06:23:27 pm »
No, it went down when the Main Stand was being built.  When the Stand was opened the members allocation went back to what it was when we had the old Main Stand.  So far, there's no extra members tickets.

Next season there will be 1,000 lest members tickets than what it was before the Main Stand was developed.

So, next season the Members allocation will be the same as what it was in 15/16.  Members had 1,000 more tickets in 14/15.

:butt

Fuck sake. No wonder its so hard to get tickets in the members sale. Even as someone in the 1st sale, its becoming a nightmare to get a spec on the KOP. Haven't we recently had planning permission granted for the Annie Rd end expansion?
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #27 on: February 2, 2017, 03:25:51 pm »
:butt

Fuck sake. No wonder its so hard to get tickets in the members sale. Even as someone in the 1st sale, its becoming a nightmare to get a spec on the KOP. Haven't we recently had planning permission granted for the Annie Rd end expansion?

John henry said we may not do anfield road because we complain about ticket prices, and ian ayre mumbled about it being difficult because they can't sell corporate tickets there

I doubt we will ever see the Anny road expansion done because it'd be for the fans not the corporates

Offline willss

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #28 on: February 2, 2017, 03:29:28 pm »
Do we expect the criteria in the first sale to go back up to 14 or 15 for next season?

Offline willfc

• Kopite
    • Anfield 96 blog
« Reply #29 on: February 2, 2017, 03:51:48 pm »
Do we expect the criteria in the first sale to go back up to 14 or 15 for next season?

I expect it to be higher, hoping and praying on 17 here
"I told my players during the break: Since we're here anyway, we might actually play a bit of football." - Jurgen Klopp

Offline Redman0151

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #30 on: February 2, 2017, 03:54:39 pm »
If it goes any higher I'm done with going to league games

Offline Tiger Tony

• Ginger knob who used to be barred from the Crows Nest. Will scweam and scweam and scweam if he doesn't get a Cardiff ticket. Aluminium. Thinks he's clever.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: February 2, 2017, 04:03:33 pm »
Out of our 5 we have 3 of us on 19, 1 on 18 (missing Burnley but should go up to 19) and 1 on 17. They should all be safe, I would hope.

If I was on 13 or 14 I would be worried by this.

Offline Shanklygates

• This is not a Custom Title.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The runaway train.....
« Reply #32 on: February 5, 2017, 10:06:55 pm »

In principle I agree but the section right below U1 usually just has 4 wheelchair users in, and a couple of PAs. Why? Is there a lack of demand for disabled tkts (doubt it)), are they not putting enough on sale? It just seems mad that they are not using what they have created fully and yet they are getting rid of 1000 GA seats. Why so many? Access I assume, though I guess if they allow for a wheelchair user and carer, it would be about 4 seats' worth of space

We are a team of one half.

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #33 on: February 5, 2017, 10:38:05 pm »
The issue here is that we, as a Club, are below the legal requirement.

The rules are about each stand proportionately having provision. The Kemlyn has none.

So just under the boxes we have to make provision. Lifts going in and seats being lost.

The challenge is to find how we try and find the displaced seats.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: February 6, 2017, 08:30:07 am »
If it goes any higher I'm done with going to league games

Same. Will just focus on the cups and aways

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: February 6, 2017, 08:44:06 am »
Removing a significant number of seats from the Centenary will have no effect on the atmosphere.  In fact they could remove the lot and it would have no effect.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline toonboy

• Main Stander
« Reply #36 on: February 6, 2017, 09:13:58 am »
just need to start going in a wheel chair, at least you get a comfy seat  :lickin

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #37 on: February 7, 2017, 07:51:14 pm »
just need to start going in a wheel chair, at least you get a comfy seat  :lickin

Or buy a hospitality seat (which is actually comfortable - unlike a disabled seat), a seat with a good view of the pitch (unlike the disability sections in the Kop & ARE), a seat which you can actually buy online (unlike a disabled seat), and are also readily available (again, unlike a disable seat), and you don't need to prove to the club your physical status / well being (again, unlike a disabled seat).

« Last Edit: February 7, 2017, 08:03:37 pm by oojason »
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: February 13, 2017, 12:05:40 pm »
Or buy a hospitality seat (which is actually comfortable - unlike a disabled seat), a seat with a good view of the pitch (unlike the disability sections in the Kop & ARE), a seat which you can actually buy online (unlike a disabled seat), and are also readily available (again, unlike a disable seat), and you don't need to prove to the club your physical status / well being (again, unlike a disabled seat).

:wellin

Well fucking said mate

The 1000 GA specs should most definitely be given back out of the mainstand.

Offline davidsteventon

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: February 13, 2017, 06:33:01 pm »
Shame more use can't be made of the 100s of empty corporate seats I'm sick of seeing every game.