Author Topic: Old photos of and around Liverpool  (Read 836174 times)

Offline Tsar Kastik

• Would welcome a premature one, apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Old photos of and around Liverpool
« Reply #2760 on: November 10, 2017, 08:31:30 pm »
Middle one looks like the 50s to me
Plenty well, no pray; big bellyache, heap God

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2761 on: November 10, 2017, 09:12:14 pm »
Its 1958.

One from Liverpool Picturebook which states..

"Robert Kelly Hardware and Tools shop being built on Renshaw Street in 1956
Mr Hugh Doherty who worked for Kellys and went on to open his own business Rapid Hardware Liverpool
bought these premises when Robert Kellys went into liquidation"

Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2762 on: November 11, 2017, 05:29:35 pm »
London Rd / Legs Of Man and Burtons the tailors....

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2763 on: November 12, 2017, 02:41:03 pm »
Community play-scheme Northwood, Kirkby 1976

They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #2764 on: November 12, 2017, 03:09:06 pm »
Community play-scheme...
Looks more like a Youth Club riot ;)

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2765 on: November 12, 2017, 03:16:02 pm »
The bouncy castle never stood a chance..

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2766 on: November 12, 2017, 04:04:38 pm »
^^^^
Does anyone remember "the blow up" on Sudley Field donkeys year ago? Something similar to the above, absolutely brilliant.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2767 on: November 12, 2017, 06:24:43 pm »
Looks more like a Youth Club riot ;)

Typical Kirkby kids. Better than playing on robbed cars.

That pic is about 100 yds from Quarry Green chippy, the only chippy I've ever been in that had a metal cage dividing the staff from customers

« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 06:33:00 pm by rob1966 »
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2768 on: November 12, 2017, 06:34:50 pm »
^^

Great pic that P.

Earl road 1952. SOL

Shaw street 1952. SOL

Contrasting pics here..SOL

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #2769 on: November 12, 2017, 10:50:15 pm »

That pic is about 100 yds from Quarry Green chippy, the only chippy I've ever been in that had a metal cage dividing the staff from customers

That is a work of art, that an  the bouncy castle riot are great pictures.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2770 on: November 13, 2017, 12:08:49 am »

One in Woolfall Heath in Huyton was the same. We used to deliver there. Best delivery was to Athol Street, they would phone the order in and the driver would get there dead early and turn the engine iff and coast in. When they heard the bottles clinking, the scagheads would be scurrying out of the flats. Was like the opening scene in Indiana Jones.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2771 on: November 13, 2017, 04:13:22 pm »
One in Woolfall Heath in Huyton was the same. We used to deliver there. Best delivery was to Athol Street, they would phone the order in and the driver would get there dead early and turn the engine iff and coast in. When they heard the bottles clinking, the scagheads would be scurrying out of the flats. Was like the opening scene in Indiana Jones.
Stealth mode engaged; cloaking device on... We're going in :D
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2772 on: November 13, 2017, 09:34:11 pm »

;D

Showed that pic to the missus, she was shocked at how I grew up - where we live/she grew up is very quiet and middle class.

There's a Tesco in Wythenshawe and when you get there, even if there is another wagon in the yard (normally its wait outside if there is a wagon in the yard) , the staff get you inside and gates locked up as soon as possible. If they don't the local scrotes just jump in the trailer and start robbing the load.
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline gazzam1963

• RAWK Cruiser. Andy@Allertons twin brother. Really misses a good fist pump.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2773 on: November 14, 2017, 08:46:44 am »
I used to deliver and connect the electric appliances for manweb and we had a couple of areas that were no go or you'd go there with two ford cargos , one was Logan towers off boundary street and mill view on mill street in the dingle . On mill street was a gang who used to hang out by johnsons the butchers ( we used to call them the bacon gang ) outside the shop was a zebra crossing so when they'd see you they'd pretend to want to cross the road so you'd stop at the zebra , they'd all jump on and try and open the shutters to get in the back so you'd just drive off at speed . In the end the wagons just ignored them and drove over the zebra without stopping until one day one of them stoped the traffic with a robbed lollipop mans outfit and lollipop

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2774 on: November 14, 2017, 10:37:35 am »
^^ Torrington drive is/was the same.

A few bus ones here..

Apart from the sunroof this was the view i had heading down to Wembley in 1984..back seat on a double decker set off from the Medlock hotel in Kirkdale.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2775 on: November 14, 2017, 03:14:21 pm »
I used to deliver and connect the electric appliances for manweb and we had a couple of areas that were no go or you'd go there with two ford cargos , one was Logan towers off boundary street and mill view on mill street in the dingle . On mill street was a gang who used to hang out by johnsons the butchers ( we used to call them the bacon gang ) outside the shop was a zebra crossing so when they'd see you they'd pretend to want to cross the road so you'd stop at the zebra , they'd all jump on and try and open the shutters to get in the back so you'd just drive off at speed . In the end the wagons just ignored them and drove over the zebra without stopping until one day one of them stoped the traffic with a robbed lollipop mans outfit and lollipop
I used to be on security in the yard next to Capstick and Careful on Boundary St. It was a major operation to get a wagon in and out of the yard in the evening.
We had a delivery driver for a catalogue place stagger in one day. He'd been to the top floor of the flats with a parcel. When he got back to the van it was in the process of being stripped of its contents and he got twatted.
The driver and van were from Birmingham; all the other delivery companies from the Merseyside area knew that the order was a false one as it had happened so many times in the past.
Bastards  :no
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2776 on: November 15, 2017, 08:22:47 pm »

Offline John_P

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2777 on: November 15, 2017, 08:40:55 pm »
Knocking down those buildings for St Johns and a multistory was criminal
"I must go to the hospital because the injury was so serious that maybe he will be there for one week,"

Gamertag: Chosen John

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2778 on: November 15, 2017, 08:47:31 pm »
I wonder what it cost for Guiness, Martell and Schweppes to have those adverts installed. They look as if they were intended to last as long as the pyramids.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2779 on: November 20, 2017, 10:22:08 pm »
Terry Mc, Jocky and Souey in The Albert

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2780 on: November 21, 2017, 07:11:00 pm »
Terry Mc, Jocky and Souey in The Albert

Before or after the match  ;)

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2781 on: November 21, 2017, 10:56:22 pm »
Before or after the match  ;)

Half time..

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2782 on: November 21, 2017, 10:58:01 pm »
Half time..
Probably slagging off the rest of the team - oh wait - that's what happens on RAWK - sorry - head's still in the main board - as you were ;)

Offline Tesco tearaway

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #2783 on: November 22, 2017, 12:14:24 am »

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2784 on: November 23, 2017, 08:55:13 pm »
Half time..

;D

Think its in Tommy Smiths book where we were playing Utd, he walks into the dressing room at 10 to 3 and George Best is stood in the corridor in normal clothes smoking a fag. You not playing George? Yeah I am, suppose I better go get changed.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2785 on: November 25, 2017, 01:30:42 pm »
yeah only a pub, but the news that they're taking a wrecking ball to this beautiful old boozer on Monday has left me with a knot in my stomach ....surely with the regeneration/student boom going on around that area there should be room for a pub with such aesthetic merit?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 01:32:32 pm by Pistolero »

Offline moondog

• dot com! Wake him up before he go-gos.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bring the noise
« Reply #2786 on: November 26, 2017, 09:22:37 pm »
Was watching fantastic footage of the mount Vernon just this week in the French film "you'll never walk alone", Mick head performing undecided in the back lounge and buying a bag of sprouts off some shoplifter in the main bar. Absolutely awesome looking bar at the time 1992 the film was made nd Mick and John used it daily as their " office", I loved going in there with them and this was one of our very best pubs in the city . It is a disgrace  it isn't a community hub for  this up and coming area.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2787 on: November 27, 2017, 09:02:39 pm »
 :(

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2788 on: November 28, 2017, 07:04:44 pm »
Also :(

My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2789 on: December 1, 2017, 09:14:06 am »
Garston Vic boys...featuring future Libpool striker....

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2790 on: December 1, 2017, 09:56:52 am »
Cracker that mate.
A few contenders there..Fairclough & Cormack lookalikes but I'm punting for a young Aldo in there?

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2791 on: December 1, 2017, 10:07:13 am »
aye cracker that, young Aldo in the middle there with the new Ball?

Offline elbow

• grease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boss Tha
« Reply #2792 on: December 1, 2017, 12:24:35 pm »
aye cracker that, young Aldo in the middle there with the new Ball?

Yeah, that would be my guess as well. Some proper grocks in there!
We are Liverpool!

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2793 on: December 1, 2017, 02:11:50 pm »
Cracker that mate.
A few contenders there..Fairclough & Cormack lookalikes but I'm punting for a young Aldo in there?

yep, the David Essex feather-cut sporting nipper with the ball is indeed little Aldo........Colleen Rooney's arle fella is in there too....not sure where though!

Offline Pistolero

• Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
« Reply #2794 on: December 1, 2017, 02:13:13 pm »
love the pose of the last lad on the bottom row btw....obviously the Zoolander of the side  ;D

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2795 on: December 1, 2017, 02:58:24 pm »
Back row 3rd from left looks about 28

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2796 on: December 1, 2017, 03:01:19 pm »
Hahaha he does!

And front row, far right.......

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #2797 on: December 1, 2017, 03:03:30 pm »
Pictures in the Echo today of the Vernon being demolished.

Offline CornerFlag

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My Twitter

Last time I went there I saw masturbating chimpanzees. Whether you think that's worthy of £22 is up to you. All I'll say is I now have an annual pass.

Offline Medellin

• Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #2799 on: December 3, 2017, 05:05:37 pm »

Another which will be eventually lost forever,fucking crying shame.