Author Topic: Roberto Firmino  (Read 2010968 times)

Offline Samio

• Displeased Hermaphrodite
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Roberto Firmino
« Reply #9120 on: February 26, 2019, 03:36:02 pm »
SIIII SENORRR

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #9121 on: February 26, 2019, 04:00:37 pm »
Great news!
YWNA

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #9122 on: February 26, 2019, 04:19:55 pm »
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9123 on: March 6, 2019, 07:12:39 pm »
Look at Bobby's Insta profile, he loves his song! :D
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #9124 on: March 6, 2019, 07:13:04 pm »
Look at Bobby's Insta profile, he loves his song! :D

I love Bobby.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline SenorGarcia

• Legacy Fan
  • He drinks sangria...
« Reply #9125 on: March 10, 2019, 09:13:04 pm »
Really, no ones got anything to say about Bobby after today?

Spose it’s all been said before; our most important attacker. Klopp football embodied in one player.
Love him to bits.

“There’s something that the Kop wants you to know...”
"A football club isn't just made up of players, coaches and directors. More than anything else it's the supporters who make a club, and that perhaps is the ingredient which best distinguishes Liverpool Football Club from every other team. The supporters." - Luis Javier García Sanz

Thanks Kenny, for making us believe again. YNWA

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9126 on: March 10, 2019, 09:25:49 pm »
Burning fire at the heart of this team.
Bobby is the beat we dance to.

Offline na fir dearg

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9127 on: March 10, 2019, 09:28:31 pm »
Really good today

Offline CHOPPER

• Bad Tranny with a Chopper. Hello John gotta new Mitre? I'm Jim Davidson in disguise. Undercover Cop (Grammar Division). Does Louis Spence. Well. A giga-c*nt worth of nothing in particular. Hodgson apologist. Astronomical cock. Hug Jacket Distributor
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Not Arsed
« Reply #9128 on: March 10, 2019, 09:34:42 pm »
I don't know what is more tit boring, his song, or the insular we won't sing what everyone else is singing, plus the perpetual singing of his song, from the Kop, at the back of the Kop.

The lads lower left are the scouse heart beat of my KOP.

*central 205 before you ask*

@ Veinticinco de Mayo The way you talk to other users on this forum is something you should be ashamed of as someone who is suppose to be representing the site.
Martin Kenneth Wild - Part of a family

Offline Perham

• Effes v2.0 - RAWK's Official Dog Snogger!
  • Legacy Fan
  • All is well
« Reply #9129 on: March 10, 2019, 09:35:32 pm »
He was really good today. They were simple goals he scored but he was in the right place and that's what matters.

Overall, really good performance. The front three are rediscovering their form after him and Salah had a few frustrating games.
if I came home to allison in bed with my wife I'd ask him to phone Virgil to see if he wanted to pop round too.

Offline Kansti

• Legacy Fan
  • Stargazer
« Reply #9130 on: March 11, 2019, 02:48:38 am »
Was absolutely superb yesterday. My man of the match.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9131 on: March 11, 2019, 07:21:49 am »
Si Senōr

Offline GIPPO77

• No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #9132 on: March 11, 2019, 07:33:57 am »
Bobby is a very skilful and intelligent player,knows how to read the game and link up play.
YNWA

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9133 on: March 11, 2019, 07:35:46 am »
Bobby is a very skilful and intelligent player,knows how to read the game and link up play.

3rd verse after the whistling bit?  - like it

Offline Carlos Eunuch Alberto

• Only gets a godd rub-down by paying for it - then posts about it on RAWK cos he has no mates to tell.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yeezy Taught Me!!
« Reply #9134 on: March 17, 2019, 09:59:33 pm »
hes been really frustrating and sloppy lately
constantly giving the ball away,
apart from the goal he was poor today imo
Utd will win this no doubt about that,
I will happily cut my balls off and post them on here if they don't

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9135 on: March 18, 2019, 11:38:19 am »
hes been really frustrating and sloppy lately
constantly giving the ball away,
apart from the goal he was poor today imo

Yep. 67% pass success ratio yesterday. Next lowest on our team was Trent at 10% higher. Absolutely rubbish considering the opposition. It's little wonder we struggle to find attacking fluency when he plays like that. The only consistent thing about him at the moment is his song.

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9136 on: March 18, 2019, 06:51:57 pm »
I thought he's been a little off his best for quite a while now. Just a lot of sloppy errors and poor decisions in games. That guile and Brazilian flair seem to just be missing a little bit. Needs to find it again soon. Our front 3 is much stronger with him playing well, but seems to misfire a little when he's not on his game.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9137 on: March 18, 2019, 06:56:34 pm »
Yep. 67% pass success ratio yesterday. Next lowest on our team was Trent at 10% higher. Absolutely rubbish considering the opposition. It's little wonder we struggle to find attacking fluency when he plays like that. The only consistent thing about him at the moment is his song.

Maybe we should stick him with the u23's for a bit so he can get his confidence,touch & smile back,another plus is that the youngsters could teach him a thing or two about actually working for the team,laziness should not be tolerated.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9138 on: March 18, 2019, 07:02:53 pm »
This is the same guy who assisted our first against Fulham?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9139 on: March 18, 2019, 07:16:02 pm »
This is the same guy who assisted our first against Fulham?

With a lazy pass that wasn't actually a pass,just a miscontrol that got lucky.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Curtisinho

• Main Stander
  • YNWA
« Reply #9140 on: March 18, 2019, 07:16:34 pm »
Keep in mind that he just rolled his ankle a couple games ago. He comes back quick, but IMO he's still feeling it and as such he will be inconsistent. Ankles are funky.

Still set up the first goal beautifully, works hard, and gets into great positions.
Walk on with hope in your heart and you'll never walk alone.

Offline Rush 82

• Seth Iffricans don't take the dog out for a walk - they take the line out!
  • Legacy Fan
  • From Cape Town to Anfield
« Reply #9141 on: March 18, 2019, 08:03:11 pm »

With a lazy pass that wasn't actually a pass,just a miscontrol that got lucky.
Indeed.

I vote we do a bundle deal on him and that other lazy one who plays up front

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #9142 on: March 18, 2019, 08:16:04 pm »

Maybe we should stick him with the u23's for a bit so he can get his confidence,touch & smile back,another plus is that the youngsters could teach him a thing or two about actually working for the team,laziness should not be tolerated.

Don't think LallanaInPyjamas said Firmino was lazy. Think he said he was inconsistent.

I know LallanaInPyjamas doesn't think Firmino is World Class. That's his prerogative. But he's never suggested he's lazy.

I don't think the inconsistent shout is a particularly controversial one. IMO, Firmino has been a bit inconsistent this season. He's not having as good a season as 2017/18. Mainly because he's had too many performances like yesterday. He's interspersed that with some brilliant performances too.

He's so important to the way that we attack that I think his lack of fluency at times has more impact than it should. He plays well, we tend to attack well. He doesn't play well, then things don't happen for us as easily in an attacking sense. Yesterday was one of those occasions. he never shirks though and always puts in a shift. I do wonder if a genuine 4th option up front would help him to keep fresh but also provide some competition.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #9143 on: March 19, 2019, 12:02:40 am »
Don't think LallanaInPyjamas said Firmino was lazy. Think he said he was inconsistent.

I know LallanaInPyjamas doesn't think Firmino is World Class. That's his prerogative. But he's never suggested he's lazy.

I don't think the inconsistent shout is a particularly controversial one. IMO, Firmino has been a bit inconsistent this season. He's not having as good a season as 2017/18. Mainly because he's had too many performances like yesterday. He's interspersed that with some brilliant performances too.

He's so important to the way that we attack that I think his lack of fluency at times has more impact than it should. He plays well, we tend to attack well. He doesn't play well, then things don't happen for us as easily in an attacking sense. Yesterday was one of those occasions. he never shirks though and always puts in a shift. I do wonder if a genuine 4th option up front would help him to keep fresh but also provide some competition.

Thanks. One of the few on here with common sense just saved me a five minute reply.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #9144 on: March 19, 2019, 12:52:32 am »
Thanks. One of the few on here with common sense just saved me a five minute reply.

If so few have common sense, why do you bother posting so frequently?
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!
« Reply #9145 on: March 19, 2019, 02:27:00 am »

Thing is, Firmino is a player whose contributions are harder to articulate than some. Last season we saw a Firmino that scored a lot more goals than the Firmino we normally see. This season his goal contribution has been down, but he's played a notably different role.

That means it's not as easy to call him on inconsistency. I'm not saying that you're using goals as the metric or even a metric, but I think they do affect perceptions.

In his new role, frankly I'm not literate enough at football that I understand what his role is and what his KPIs are.

It would be interesting to see someone with access to the data like Statsbomb do an analysis of his various outputs, because we know that when it comes to Firmino, it's important to look a little more closely under the hood to understand what he is and isn't contributing, and how consistent he is.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9146 on: March 19, 2019, 02:43:29 am »
Thing is, Firmino is a player whose contributions are harder to articulate than some. Last season we saw a Firmino that scored a lot more goals than the Firmino we normally see. This season his goal contribution has been down, but he's played a notably different role.

That means it's not as easy to call him on inconsistency. I'm not saying that you're using goals as the metric or even a metric, but I think they do affect perceptions.

In his new role, frankly I'm not literate enough at football that I understand what his role is and what his KPIs are.

It would be interesting to see someone with access to the data like Statsbomb do an analysis of his various outputs, because we know that when it comes to Firmino, it's important to look a little more closely under the hood to understand what he is and isn't contributing, and how consistent he is.

He may have over performed last year goal-scoring wise. Already this is his 2nd best season goal wise since he's been at the club [first season he scored 11,then 12 and last year 27 overall]

If he can get about five more goals and five more assists it would be a very good finish to the season, with 9 games left potentially [including two games against Porto]

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #9147 on: March 19, 2019, 09:53:26 am »

It's definitely not a goal return piece that makes me feel he's been inconsistent. I don't really have any stats to back things up. Just a judgement based on what I've seen and felt of his performances this season on occasions.

I'm not saying he's been poor or anything close to that. Just think he's dipped a bit compared to last year. Maybe that's an unfair comparison. Maybe the slight change in position, pre-Xmas, didn't help his form. Maybe last season was the high point of his career and 2016/17 and 2018/19 are more indicative of his level. It's still a very high level but one I'd like to see challenged in the summer with a 4th attacking option.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.

Offline Petadroli

• Legacy Fan
  • Swiss Red
« Reply #9148 on: March 19, 2019, 10:20:49 am »
Aren't his numbers in the league pretty much similar to last season?

17/18: 2800 mins played, 15 goals, 7 assists.
18/19: 2260 mins played, 11 goals, 5 assists.

Obviously it's a bit different in the Champions League, but this season we haven't played the likes of Maribor, Spartak Moscow, Sevilla and Porto, but PSG, Napoli, Red Star and Bayern.
Last resort if you need tickets in Switzerland.

Offline deano2727

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9149 on: March 19, 2019, 10:28:46 am »
Don't think he has been at his best this season personally, despite a few big performances.

Luckily for him and us, he still has the chance to make it a fantastic one for him and the team. Being instrumental in us winning the double would go a long way to seeing to that.  8)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9150 on: March 31, 2019, 08:57:21 pm »
No love for him today? Well taken goal and thought he put himself around well!

Also loved the cheeky mid air dab on the goal!

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9151 on: March 31, 2019, 09:22:57 pm »
No love for him today? Well taken goal and thought he put himself around well!

So I am not the only one who thought that  ;D

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9152 on: March 31, 2019, 09:28:18 pm »
Nice little interview with him afterwards on Brasilian TV. Just the usual "no easy game in the premier league... especially spurs" ... "6 difficult games left" but he was serious, deadly serious, you can tell he is convinced we'll do it

Offline gamble

• andproctor
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9153 on: March 31, 2019, 10:43:02 pm »

If he did that on purpose, not only is he a genius, but the lad is an artist. Cannot name another footballer like him.

Amazing player

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #9154 on: April 1, 2019, 03:22:01 am »
If he did that on purpose, not only is he a genius, but the lad is an artist. Cannot name another footballer like him.

Amazing player

Looks deliberate no?

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9155 on: April 1, 2019, 03:26:20 am »
Siiiiiii senhooooorrrrrrrrrr

Offline mrantarctica

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9156 on: April 1, 2019, 04:35:21 am »
Thought he had a good game. Still not quite at his best but his workrate and link up play are hard to fault. Still capable of the sublime, as we saw.

Offline jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #9157 on: April 1, 2019, 04:50:45 am »
Looks deliberate no?

No look. Eyes closed.  Hehe
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #9158 on: April 1, 2019, 12:08:50 pm »
Went to sleep with his song in my head, woke up with his song in my head. Fucking love him and his mad little 'tache.
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Online Coolie High

• bury Regular. My opinions are facts, FYI. (whisper it but doesn't understand midfielders)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #9159 on: April 1, 2019, 12:34:18 pm »
Thought he was decent, but he’s very sloppy with his passing at times isn’t he? 67% of his passes completed?