Author Topic: Typhoid Trump: the not-smart, corrupt, coward, loser, thread  (Read 4566550 times)

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
Re: Ill Douche - Fungal Dick
« Reply #52360 on: February 20, 2019, 01:52:11 pm »
Fungus will probly make this kid Secretary of Education.
Kill the humourless

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
  • And stop calling me Shirley
« Reply #52361 on: February 20, 2019, 04:45:43 pm »
Fungus will probly make this kid Secretary of Education.

'Acting' Secretary of Education
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline ShakaHislop

• Shocktrooper of the Vinny Cable Nasties
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #52362 on: February 20, 2019, 05:18:59 pm »
Trump seeks to recoup 'wasted' California high-speed rail funds

President Donald Trump has continued to escalate tensions with California by calling on the state to return billions in federal funds for a high-speed rail.

His administration plans on cancelling $929m (£711m) in grants for what Mr Trump has called a "failed" project.

These federal funds account for a quarter of the California rail project.

Democratic Governor Gavin Newsom called it "political retribution" for the California-led lawsuit against Mr Trump's national emergency declaration.

The Trump administration announced on Tuesday that it is looking into cancelling the $929m grant as well as recovering a $2.5bn grant already being spent by the state.

In a tweet on Wednesday, Mr Trump again lambasted the state over the project, saying: "Send the Federal Government back the Billions of Dollars WASTED!"

Can Trump take back the funds?

California and the federal government signed an agreement in 2010 over this funding.

Per the agreement, the federal government is allowed to take the money back if the state does not make "adequate progress" or "fails to complete the project or one of its tasks" or if the state cannot meet the funding-match requisite, CNBC reported.

California has not yet met the $2.5bn funding match, and so it has not been able to use the $929m.

Federal Railroad Administration chief Ronald Batory said in a letter on Tuesday to the state's rail authority that California has "materially failed to comply with the terms of the agreement".

The letter cited the governor's altered plans for the system along with California's inability to match the federal funds as grounds for terminating the award.

California's rail authority has not yet responded to the letter.

Art Bauer, a California Senate Transportation Committee staffer, told the Los Angeles Times he could not recall any precedent for such an action, but that "the governor unwittingly gave the federal government a reason to back away from the project".

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-47310215

Offline lorenzo

• Kopite
« Reply #52363 on: February 20, 2019, 05:25:19 pm »
https://www.vpr.org/post/hes-2020-bernie-sanders-running-president-again#stream/0

So how exactly do we view candidates? Non-discriminatory, my ass.

Because if it’s “abilities,” he’s not in the top 3 running.

Bet he won’t be pulled up on whether he eats greens with hot sauce though.

It’s going to be a nice lucrative 2 or so years for him before he bows out.
:lmao

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52364 on: February 20, 2019, 06:39:20 pm »
Too "divisive"? Look at the current occupant. At some point, you have to accept that the portion of the nation who elected him are simply unrepentant c*nts, and ignore them.

He's divisive to the left and the Democratic party. You are, of course, right about the deplorables.

My concern is that Sanders (who is not a Democrat, he sits as an Independent till he needs the party) has a cult following. Many people who like Sanders as a candidate do so because of his progressive ideas, but there's a rump of 'true believers' that claim conspiracies against their man. Whoever the Democratic nominee is, they will undermine that person if it's not Sanders.

Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #52365 on: February 20, 2019, 06:52:06 pm »
@ShimonPro
Attorney General William Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller's confidential report.
@evanperez @LauraAJarrett

"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #52366 on: February 20, 2019, 06:54:58 pm »
@ShimonPro
Attorney General William Barr is preparing to announce as early as next week the completion of Robert Mueller's Russia investigation, with plans for Barr to submit to Congress soon after a summary of Mueller's confidential report.

Yeah...

Not sure I believe that.

He’s a Trump stooge don’t forget.  Let’s wait to see what Seth Ambramson says.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52367 on: February 20, 2019, 06:56:09 pm »
Kill the humourless

Offline ericthered10

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52368 on: February 20, 2019, 08:49:32 pm »
He's divisive to the left and the Democratic party. You are, of course, right about the deplorables.

My concern is that Sanders (who is not a Democrat, he sits as an Independent till he needs the party) has a cult following. Many people who like Sanders as a candidate do so because of his progressive ideas, but there's a rump of 'true believers' that claim conspiracies against their man. Whoever the Democratic nominee is, they will undermine that person if it's not Sanders.

You could view it a few ways really. Hes an independent til he needs the party, which certainly bit him in the ass in 2016 as the party did virtually all they could as a political apparatus to stymie him. So on one hand running as a Democrat gets him some degree of viability because 3rd party candidates have no chance, but on the other, he was up against the Democratic party's chosen candidate to be the nominee and they put their weight behind her. Poisoned chalice of sorts.

We all know income inequality and economic justice are his pet issues. It's been a long while since the Democratic Party has been the party for that and he would like to move the party back to the priorities it had before neoliberalism took over and Dems shifted to the right and stayed there. Democrats in my lifetime can't point to many significant actions that achieved economic successes for the middle and lower classes and its something that Republicans run on to decent success time and again.

I begrudge anyone who supports him and then doesn't end up supporting the nominee if it's not him because obviously any Dem will be light-years better than Trump.

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #52369 on: February 20, 2019, 09:40:20 pm »
We all know income inequality and economic justice are his pet issues. It's been a long while since the Democratic Party has been the party for that and he would like to move the party back to the priorities it had before neoliberalism took over and Dems shifted to the right and stayed there. Democrats in my lifetime can't point to many significant actions that achieved economic successes for the middle and lower classes and its something that Republicans run on to decent success time and again.

The Democrats now aren't that far away from where Reagan was, or even Bush I. Clinton drove the conservatives a little nuts, and the Republicans then began to realise that their voters were stupid enough to swallow all sorts of bullshit if they played the right notes, starting the erosion of civil discourse and nutty ideas masking upward redistribution. The Dems felt they had to move right to keep up, and thus the Overton Window shifted rightward. Then Obama got in and every racist in the country was voting Republican, which gave them more power, and they continued to disdain civic and political norms even further, resulting in the situation we have now, where the President is a stupid ass, and the Republicans are trying to ride the ass for as long as possible.

Here in Ireland, Bernie would be considered entirely normal, and most of his policy positions are in fact favoured by a majority of Americans. Unfortunately, they now live in a country whose politics are so fucked up, they regularly vote against themselves.

Online Corkboy

• Sworn enemy of Bottlegirl. The Boston Toilet Mangler. Grauniad of the Cidatel. Into kinky S&M with the Lash.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #52370 on: February 20, 2019, 10:17:41 pm »
A little reminder of the Way of the Bern.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #52371 on: February 20, 2019, 10:44:59 pm »
Would-be terrorist apprehended. Probably one of those brown guys with a funny name from a country ending in -stan.

@SeamusHughes
A @gwupoe scoop: A LT (Lieutenant) in the US Coast Guard was arrested this week for drug and gun charges. It looked like a run of the mill case until the detention memo filed yesterday. He had a hit list, contacts with white supremacists, guns, and, again, was an Coastie assigned to HQ.

Hint about the importance of the case was in the opening paragraph. “The defendant is a domestic terrorist bent on committing acts dangerous to human life”

LT. Christopher Hasson wrote a draft letter to a well known American neo nazi advocating for a white state.
He was an fan of Anders Breivik

Federal prosecutors allege a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant intended to "murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country." The man apparently searched the names of Democratic officials, political organizations, and MSNBC and CNN media personalities.

15 guns. Over 1,000 rounds of ammunition. And a list of individuals including Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar.
Also: the DSA in general, Schumer, Pelosi, Richard Blumenthal, Tim Kaine, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Kamala, Beto, Gillibrand, Warren, Booker, John Podesta, Joe Scarborough, Chris Hayes, Ari Melber, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, and Van Jones.

Oh.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online Corkboy

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Is it getting better?
« Reply #52372 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:55 pm »
Republicans will file it under mental health cases and then when asked for funding for mental health will say no.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52373 on: February 20, 2019, 10:58:55 pm »
TRUMP: "There are boats, huge boats, the biggest boats you've ever seen, pouring out of the Coast Guard base with hundreds of thousands of terrorist sailors. And they're coming to get you! Crooked Hillary and the Dems want them to get you! I will build the Wall around the Coast Guard Academy & the Coast Guard will pay for it! They'll pay for it, and they'll be happy to pay for it!"

(Crowd cheers "Build that wall! Build that wall!")

TRUMP: "That's right, build it! Build that beautiful wall!"

(aide whispers in Trump's ear: "He was a white Nazi that loves you.")

TRUMP: "Never mind."

“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #52374 on: February 21, 2019, 12:29:55 am »
Let’s wait to see what Seth Ambramson says.

"This is why this could be major interference in the investigation but also might not be. 1/789"

;D

Red Berry and I were debating this not so long back. Seems like he was right and this time it is wrapping up at least in some form.

eg Wheeler reckons that it may be a report covering just an aspect of the investigation with the other strands continuing. Link
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 12:33:37 am by Zeb »
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52375 on: February 21, 2019, 12:44:56 am »
Would-be terrorist apprehended. Probably one of those brown guys with a funny name from a country ending in -stan.

@SeamusHughes
A @gwupoe scoop: A LT (Lieutenant) in the US Coast Guard was arrested this week for drug and gun charges. It looked like a run of the mill case until the detention memo filed yesterday. He had a hit list, contacts with white supremacists, guns, and, again, was an Coastie assigned to HQ.

Hint about the importance of the case was in the opening paragraph. “The defendant is a domestic terrorist bent on committing acts dangerous to human life”

LT. Christopher Hasson wrote a draft letter to a well known American neo nazi advocating for a white state.
He was an fan of Anders Breivik

Federal prosecutors allege a U.S. Coast Guard lieutenant intended to "murder innocent civilians on a scale rarely seen in this country." The man apparently searched the names of Democratic officials, political organizations, and MSNBC and CNN media personalities.

15 guns. Over 1,000 rounds of ammunition. And a list of individuals including Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez and Ilhan Omar.
Also: the DSA in general, Schumer, Pelosi, Richard Blumenthal, Tim Kaine, Maxine Waters, Sheila Jackson Lee, Kamala, Beto, Gillibrand, Warren, Booker, John Podesta, Joe Scarborough, Chris Hayes, Ari Melber, Don Lemon, Chris Cuomo, and Van Jones.

Oh.

Van Jones? How can that guy piss anyone off? Oh ya, he's black.
"I am a great believer in luck and the harder I work the more of it I have." Stephen Leacock

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52376 on: February 21, 2019, 12:46:22 am »
Van Jones? How can that guy piss anyone off? Oh ya, he's black.

Highly intelligent,well spoken black man who also worked under Obama.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52377 on: February 21, 2019, 12:48:32 am »
"This is why this could be major interference in the investigation but also might not be. 1/789"

;D

Red Berry and I were debating this not so long back. Seems like he was right and this time it is wrapping up at least in some form.

eg Wheeler reckons that it may be a report covering just an aspect of the investigation with the other strands continuing. Link

He has also been farming out investigations to other jurisdictions.

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52378 on: February 21, 2019, 05:26:48 am »
POLITICO
Teen in video face-off with Native American sues Washington Post for $250 million
 By Quint Forgey 
49 mins ago

Glorious. I would just love to see a judgement on that one. Hint: when filing a lawsuit, try not to rant wildly on all kinds of conspiracy theorist tangents.

Offline Banquo's Ghost

• Macbeth's on repeat. To boldly split infinitives that lesser men would dare. To.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52379 on: February 21, 2019, 06:25:19 am »
Republicans will file it under mental health cases and then when asked for funding for mental health will say no.

Indeed.

I saw a rather apposite quote the other day highlighting a similar Republican trope:

"Why don't we use Thoughts and Prayers to secure our borders instead of a wall, because Thoughts and Prayers are what we use to secure our schools."
Be humble, for you are made of earth. Be noble, for you are made of stars.

Offline Conocinico

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Cameras in your food, dude.
« Reply #52380 on: February 21, 2019, 07:01:37 am »

;D

;D
This sentence is not provable

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #52381 on: February 21, 2019, 07:53:05 am »
@ShimonPro

A 'summary' where everything is redacted except the letters 'i, n, n, o, c, e, n, & t' found throughout the report.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #52382 on: February 21, 2019, 09:21:14 am »

If Barr tries to sweep the report under the carpet, what are the chances that it leaks (unredacted) anyway?

Trump obviously doesn't want it being common knowledge in Congress, but I suspect if the full account of his criminal activity is contained in that report he will not want it in the public domain, much less published by the likes of the "Amazon Washington Post". I suspect some publishers will print if they get their hands on juicy stuff and face the legal consequences. Stakes are high.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline soxfan

• inebriated gonad donor (rejected) and Sperm Whale Milker (also rejected). Left-handed, shit-headed, non-fascist recidivist disappointer of women everywhere - on both drier and ranier days......rejects own eyebrows, the vain banana-hammock-wearin' get
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52383 on: February 21, 2019, 01:07:18 pm »
Indeed.

I saw a rather apposite quote the other day highlighting a similar Republican trope:

"Why don't we use Thoughts and Prayers to secure our borders instead of a wall, because Thoughts and Prayers are what we use to secure our schools."
They offer Thoughts and Prayers as a backup plan. The Republicans would prefer teachers to carry bazookas and machine guns. Thoughts and Prayers don't contribute to campaigns. The NRA does.
“Do not intermingle with people who act like 'they know it all'. If you do, you will wind up as lost and lonely as they are.”
― Christine Szymanski

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52384 on: February 21, 2019, 01:52:37 pm »
CNN
Roger Stone faces judge Thursday after Instagram posts
 By Katelyn Polantz, CNN 
55 mins ago

Roger Stone, a former adviser to President Donald Trump, was arrested in Fort Lauderdale, Fla. on Jan. 25 following an indictment by a federal grand jury. The indictment, which was unsealed upon arrest, contains seven counts: one count of obstruction of an official proceeding, five counts of false statements, and one count of witness tampering. Stone pleaded not guilty on Tuesday, Jan. 29.

He is in hot water heading into a court hearing on Thursday afternoon.

The longtime Republican political operative and self-described "dirty trickster" faces a federal judge who wants to address his recent antics while he awaits trial. Two posts he made on Instagram on Monday could put at risk his ability to stay out of jail and the leeway he has to speak about his case publicly.

The first post was a picture of Judge Amy Berman Jackson with what appeared to be the crosshairs of a gun drawn behind her head. Stone's caption called special counsel Robert Mueller a "Deep State hitman," said his case was a "show trial" and implied that Jackson was biased as an Obama appointee and because she had ruled on a Benghazi-related case and "incarcerated Paul Manafort." "#Fixisin," Stone added to his post.

Soon after, he replaced the post with a cropped image of Jackson, this time with the crosshairs cut out. He also slightly altered the text about Mueller and added a few more hashtags.

Then, the post got pulled.

"Mr. Stone recognizes the impropriety and had it removed," his legal team told the judge in a "notice of apology" filed with the court late Monday, a federal holiday.

On Instagram, Stone gave an additional explanation. He said the photo was randomly selected from the Internet, and that he was not intending to threaten the judge or disrespect the court.

Jackson weighed in the next day, calling Stone to court to explain why the post shouldn't affect his release terms or his gag order. One of the terms following his arrest is that he cannot attempt to intimidate others, including judges and other officers of the court.

If Jackson determines that Stone did violate the conditions of his release, the worst consequences Stone could face include being charged for additional crimes like obstruction of justice and sent to jail or fined.

Jackson has been down this road before. In the criminal case against Stone's longtime colleague Manafort, Jackson revoked Manafort's bail and sent him to jail eight months after his arrest because prosecutors accused him of attempting to reach out to witnesses.

Manafort, Donald Trump's former campaign chairman, had been on house arrest. Stone has less restrictive bail that currently allows him to travel around Washington, DC, New York City and his home in south Florida.

Jackson has already warned Stone in person and in writing that he must not violate his bail terms nor draw too much attention to himself with his statements in the media. She ordered him not to speak in and around the federal courthouse, because of how court activity in his case has drawn crowds and how he stokes his followers.

Stone's attorneys had argued for him to keep the ability to speak broadly about his case and politics. Writing and public speaking were essential parts of who Stone is, they said.

Stone was charged by the Justice Department in late January for lying to congressional investigators about his efforts to communicate with WikiLeaks as he sought to help the Trump campaign damage Hillary Clinton in 2016. He also faces charges of obstruction and witness tampering. Jackson so far has been especially sensitive to the witness intimidation allegation, reminding Stone multiple times that he cannot contact potential witnesses in his case.

He has pleaded not guilty to the charges.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/roger-stone-faces-judge-thursday-after-instagram-posts/ar-BBTTnOk?ocid=spartanntp

Dear God:  Give us a sign.
Kill the humourless

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52385 on: February 21, 2019, 02:19:08 pm »
Yeah, i don`t disagree. He shouldnt run. Neither should Biden.

Time to move on.

It would be nice if the elder statesmen on the dem side of things could actually do something for the party and not act selfishly, use their influence to attack the imbecile in chief while the realistic candidates scuffle in the primaries.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52386 on: February 21, 2019, 02:20:50 pm »
Worst thing for a blabbermouth is being forced to keep it shut.

Like I said, he's like that guy with the hiv drug all grown up. Spoiled kids used to getting their own way throwing tantrums because now there are rules.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• From doubters to believers - Klopp 2015
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #52387 on: February 21, 2019, 02:31:49 pm »
and when he loses again he will just massively fracture the Dems like last time, should let it go and let the younger lot try as his day has been and gone

Bernie was never a "candidate". Nor was he meant to be one. He would have been able to do fuckall had he secured the nomination (instead of Hillary) and gobbled up Trump in the election because the people were not yet "aware" of anything else other than the old school American politics.

His ideas, made people realise that it is possible to have a working healthcare system, minimum wage, free tuition AND run the government effectively. All they needed was to have a fair and progressive tax code. And this was the catalyst for the "working class" as they were the ones that were royally fucked. Which is why the people who were born in the 70s and 80s related to him in the primaries.

His idealogies forced the democrats to adopt positions that were never thought of pre-2014 or 2013.

It is the same now. He doesn't run to win or lose. He runs to have his ideas projected so that a like minded (and much younger) politician will take over the baton from him and make American people realise that it is possible to have a fair working system instead of the massively skewed system they have now.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52388 on: February 21, 2019, 02:47:03 pm »
He doesn't run to win or lose. He runs to have his ideas projected so that a like minded (and much younger) politician will take over the baton from him.

Kingmaker.

Has a long shelf life.
« Last Edit: February 21, 2019, 05:48:27 pm by jambutty »
Kill the humourless

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52389 on: February 21, 2019, 02:56:08 pm »
Glorious. I would just love to see a judgement on that one. Hint: when filing a lawsuit, try not to rant wildly on all kinds of conspiracy theorist tangents.

Yeah, you might end up on the Supreme Court

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52390 on: February 21, 2019, 02:57:54 pm »
It is the same now. He doesn't run to win or lose. He runs to have his ideas projected so that a like minded (and much younger) politician will take over the baton from him and make American people realise that it is possible to have a fair working system instead of the massively skewed system they have now.

If that were his concern he'd run Independent.

I'm not sure I follow your point about Bernie showing American's it's possible to achieve system reform of Healthcare in the US. Surely you mean Obama here, since he actually managed it in spite of all the professional spoilers? Does that not count for more than rhetoric?

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #52391 on: February 21, 2019, 03:20:46 pm »
If that were his concern he'd run Independent.
He could. But he wont have the same platform as a Democrat as we saw from 2016 with Jill Stein and Gary Johnson. His ideas need exposure and simply because it is everything against what Republicans stand and believe for, running as a Democrat was his best chance. Not the most effective mind you. But the best for exposure.

I'm not sure I follow your point about Bernie showing American's it's possible to achieve system reform of Healthcare in the US. Surely you mean Obama here, since he actually managed it in spite of all the professional spoilers? Does that not count for more than rhetoric?

Different age and different demographics Nevertheless, Obama didnt envision a system where college tuition would be free. Neither did he seem to have progressive ideas (aligning with European nations) about family time and sick leaves. Obama supported death penalty while Bernie opposed it.

Obama did the best of what he could with what he had. His ideas werent revolutionary. They were progressive. But Bernie was revolutionary. How many people born in the 80s and 90s thought of having a tuition free college education? How many people had to work 2 jobs and still manage to struggle to make ends meet? Bernie connected well with these demographics.

But now, more democrats are adopting his stance. AOC, Warren, Harris, Brooker from the top of my head. How many democrats were vouching for a minimum wage of $15 before Bernie did? And now all of them do. Thats my point.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52392 on: February 21, 2019, 03:34:27 pm »
It would be nice if the elder statesmen on the dem side of things could actually do something for the party and not act selfishly, use their influence to attack the imbecile in chief while the realistic candidates scuffle in the primaries.

And be a presence in the Senate as a few Dem Seators are running.

Offline Giono

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #52393 on: February 21, 2019, 03:37:33 pm »
Bernie was never a "candidate". Nor was he meant to be one. He would have been able to do fuckall had he secured the nomination (instead of Hillary) and gobbled up Trump in the election because the people were not yet "aware" of anything else other than the old school American politics.

His ideas, made people realise that it is possible to have a working healthcare system, minimum wage, free tuition AND run the government effectively. All they needed was to have a fair and progressive tax code. And this was the catalyst for the "working class" as they were the ones that were royally fucked. Which is why the people who were born in the 70s and 80s related to him in the primaries.

His idealogies forced the democrats to adopt positions that were never thought of pre-2014 or 2013.

But they have been adopted by others. He's sucking oxygen and cash from them to promote ideas that are already being promoted.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #52394 on: February 21, 2019, 03:39:33 pm »
There's no way that Bernie running helps the Dems beat trump in 2020.

Online ChaChaMooMoo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice shall prevail.
« Reply #52395 on: February 21, 2019, 03:47:14 pm »
But they have been adopted by others. He's sucking oxygen and cash from them to promote ideas that are already being promoted.

Not strong enough. The Bernie wave that was seen in 2016 should become mainstream.

It was a concept in 2016. It is an idea now in 2020. It will be mainstream in the future.

How many progressives and millenials were for this in 2016? It will be interesting to watch him in 2020 when he will manage to catalyze a bigger proportion of population. The Democrats would realise that the way to nullify him is to adopt his radical ideology. And once they do, he is out of the race. The only thing left for the Democrats would be to translate them to votes and policies. They should catalyse the Capitol as this is their way of catharsis, post Trump. Barring a major fuckup, I see Bernie being a thorn amongst the Dems.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #52396 on: February 21, 2019, 03:49:40 pm »
There's no way that Bernie running helps the Dems beat trump in 2020.

There is if his Bernie bros do the right thing and fall in behind whoever beats him, if he loses. Let him take all the socialist hit jobs the republicans will be lining up, he's capable of taking them on the chin and believes in his policies enough to articulately and passionately defend them.

I'm not saying he's my preferred candidate or anything but I don't mind him running.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #52397 on: February 21, 2019, 03:55:31 pm »
There is if his Bernie bros do the right thing and fall in behind whoever beats him, if he loses. Let him take all the socialist hit jobs the republicans will be lining up, he's capable of taking them on the chin and believes in his policies enough to articulately and passionately defend them.

I'm not saying he's my preferred candidate or anything but I don't mind him running.

Yeah like that's gonna happen.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #52398 on: February 21, 2019, 04:04:55 pm »
Yeah like that's gonna happen.

Maybe I'm foolish but I think it will, as I've said a few times the candidate eventually selected this time is going to be a lot more palatable to those voters.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52399 on: February 21, 2019, 04:24:35 pm »
As long as Bernies supporters don't throw a strop if he doesn't win the nomination all should be good.

The field is much broader and inclusive this time around. Can't be any accusations of a coronation this time.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art