Author Topic: The European Cup Final...again!  (Read 211468 times)

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
Re: The European Cup Final...again!
« Reply #2240 on: May 28, 2019, 06:25:31 pm »
Wanna swap?

I wonder if that’s even possible.

Offline an tha

• RAWK's Serious Voice Of Reason And Logic. We'd all be lost without him, lost, I tell you! Mathematically-speaking, not banned yet......
  • Kopite
  • Talking about The Reds an tha....
« Reply #2241 on: May 28, 2019, 06:28:04 pm »
Everything seems to be a problem for some people. Time of day trips. Free coaches. Getting back to the airport. And worst of all - finding somewhere to watch the match in Madrid - a big football loving capital city full of bars.

How do you people ever enjoy yourselves if everything is such a problem? Just turn up, enjoy your time there, watch the match, and go back to the airport in time for your flight. It's not a Rubik's cube.

No wonder the regular travellers missing out are furious when such clueless people will be in the stadium.

Amazing how thousands upon thousands were able to get to Rome in 77 and 84 and Paris in 81 and all over the place in all the years before the internet - they all seemed to manage, they all seemed to have a good time.

Can you imagine some of this shower trying to manage back then!

Everyone will get there, everyone will get back, it will all fall into place - as you say just relax and enjoy it.

We really have become a load of drama quims haven't we!
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 06:31:03 pm by an tha »

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2242 on: May 28, 2019, 06:37:21 pm »
Will look into it.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline GWats77

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2243 on: May 28, 2019, 06:38:51 pm »
For a day trip why do you need to take anything??

For a 2 day trip, your boxies and socks will last,

For a 3 day trip, turn your boxies and socks inside out.

Swilling beer in your mouth and some chewies keeps the teeth clean, BO is BO and at 32 degrees lynx and sure with do sod all.

There are plenty of shops so anything you do need can be bought there, so dont panic!!

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2244 on: May 28, 2019, 06:40:31 pm »
Fancied a day on it. Obviously buzzin to be going but the flight time has pissed me off, especially as I was loathe to give Thomas c*nt a penny, but outside circumstances dictated a day trip. Sorry for being pissed off at my days drinking being cut short.

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2245 on: May 28, 2019, 06:43:48 pm »
Have you got 2 seats to swap before I get on to that shower?

Offline Priest078

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2246 on: May 28, 2019, 06:59:30 pm »
Have you got 2 seats to swap before I get on to that shower?

No mate on my own. 

Offline kop75

• Main Stander
« Reply #2247 on: May 28, 2019, 07:03:54 pm »
Exact same happened me.
And me. Who have you contacted
it's all good

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2248 on: May 28, 2019, 07:13:42 pm »
No mate on my own. 
No worries mate. Needed 2.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2249 on: May 28, 2019, 07:15:38 pm »
Those without tickets will be fine. Madrid is a major European capital and is used to handling masses of fans every couple of weeks. Real - Barca 2/3x a season, Madrid derby etc. Some bars will be rammed, of course - just like they will be in Liverpool. But there will be plenty a little further from the fan zones that will be able to accommodate.

Offline AR48

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2250 on: May 28, 2019, 07:18:32 pm »
I’ve managed to check in on Vueling flights now, I used the app and was probably doing it wrong previously.  When you auto allocate with the button at the top you should’ve already clicked the box with your initials in (also at the top), works a treat then 👍

Me too. Made up I've been able to check in both ways already. Save loads of hassle at the airport. Was on a charted flight last year in Kiev and it wasn't possible to check in. I was only away for 36 hours and about 10% of my time was stood in airport queues!

Offline barneystuta

• Legacy Fan
    • This Is Analysis - Stories & Analysis about Liverpool Football Club
« Reply #2251 on: May 28, 2019, 07:24:30 pm »
I start my journey tomorrow.

Drive down to Cardiff and stay over night. Then to Alicante Thursday lunch time to get my warm weather training in. Madrid on Friday.

Seen a few reds going the Alicante route, so I'll see some of you there.

Offline Thomas

• Doubting
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2252 on: May 28, 2019, 07:29:28 pm »
Fancied a day on it. Obviously buzzin to be going but the flight time has pissed me off, especially as I was loathe to give Thomas c*nt a penny, but outside circumstances dictated a day trip. Sorry for being pissed off at my days drinking being cut short.

We departed MAN at 11am on the day trip to Kiev, now that was a cunting slog.
We're the kings of Europe, the pride of Merseyside, we'll fight for no surrender, we'll fight for Shankly's pride.

Offline kevlumley

• Legacy Fan
  • Forza Liverpool
« Reply #2253 on: May 28, 2019, 07:34:38 pm »
Nice one smart arse.
Madrid isn't like Liverpool with big bars all geared up for drinking and watching football, a lot of the bars are small Tapas bars and cocktail bars so 20,000 plus people running around looking for them is not going to be easy.

I know it comes across a bit like that, but he is right. The Spaniards love football, love a beer and socializing. In a city split between Atletico and Real and probably a fair few watching not only la liga but european football, there are loads of bars with screens showing football. I think that's the point he is making.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2254 on: May 28, 2019, 07:37:49 pm »
Been offered flights and some other sorts of jazz for a reasonable price. Only thing I need is a reasonable price on Barcelona on Sunday night. If anyone knows of anywhere to kip on Sunday let me know.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline only6times

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2255 on: May 28, 2019, 07:51:05 pm »
My lad did 5 days on a coach. He thought I said it was on a couch.

Offline Istanbul Boy

• Main Stander
« Reply #2256 on: May 28, 2019, 07:57:57 pm »
And me. Who have you contacted

I expect that it's the same as the option for tickets in the post.  As long as the ticket was bought in the name of the person using it you should be OK to collect in that name.  It will just be the notification that goes to the email of the member's card used to buy the ticket.   I opted for ticket sent in the post, thinking it would come direct to me, but they were posted to the "lead supporter" i.e the address of the member the ticket was bought under.  Having said that, the ticket has no name on it.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:06:01 pm by Istanbul Boy »

Offline redgriffin73

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thanks for everything Rafa. Nunca Caminarás Solo.
« Reply #2257 on: May 28, 2019, 08:02:04 pm »

Ours was late leaving Liverpool, meant to be about 9.30am or 10am from memory, think it was gone noon in the end! :o
Rafa Benitez: "I'll always keep in my heart the good times I've had here, the strong and loyal support of the fans in the tough times and the love from Liverpool. I have no words to thank you enough for all these years and I am very proud to say that I was your manager. Thank you so much once more and always remember: You'll never walk alone."

Offline andy07

• Shat himself
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2258 on: May 28, 2019, 08:04:57 pm »
Bag packed.  We are driving to Stansted for early morning flight to Nurenberg, couple of days warm up on Bavarian bier then flight to Madrid on Friday.   Buzzing.
We are Loyal Supporters

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2259 on: May 28, 2019, 08:14:50 pm »
My lad did 5 days on a coach. He thought I said it was on a couch.

Beautiful.

He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline redman1974

• Legacy Fan
  • scottkop105 on twitter My new number 07511165355
« Reply #2260 on: May 28, 2019, 08:16:45 pm »
Looks like you can only check in on the day at the airport for Thomas cook flights. No flight tickets issued you just need passports to check in. Can see there being a big que.  Air Austral the plane seems to be which is based in France.

Offline kesey

• Hippy - Scally - Taoist - Rafiki - Dad - Trichotomist. Hill Climber, David Cassidy Fan Club
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth , Love and Simplicity ♡
« Reply #2261 on: May 28, 2019, 08:17:39 pm »
For a day trip why do you need to take anything??

For a 2 day trip, your boxies and socks will last,

For a 3 day trip, turn your boxies and socks inside out.

Swilling beer in your mouth and some chewies keeps the teeth clean, BO is BO and at 32 degrees lynx and sure with do sod all.

There are plenty of shops so anything you do need can be bought there, so dont panic!!

I do that for a week .
He who sees himself in all beings and all beings in himself loses all fear.

- The Upanishads.

The heart knows the way. Run in that direction

- Rumi

You are held . You are loved . You are seen  - Some wise fella .

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #2262 on: May 28, 2019, 08:29:20 pm »
I know it comes across a bit like that, but he is right. The Spaniards love football, love a beer and socializing. In a city split between Atletico and Real and probably a fair few watching not only la liga but european football, there are loads of bars with screens showing football. I think that's the point he is making.

Google it and use google maps to find all theses bars and you'll see that the majority of them are tiny tapas bars and cocktail bars and are not geared up to taking what could now be 30,000 ticketless fans. It won't be as easy as some think.

Offline ATEAMOFCARRAGHERS

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #2263 on: May 28, 2019, 08:47:51 pm »
Love to be going lads. Love reading everyone's routes and plans. This is going to be a great final and a great day for all reds but especially those who are going to there 1st European Cup final. Its fucking magic. Be safe redmen. Bring it home eh.
15/4/89 never forgotten.

Offline QwertyQ

• Main Stander
« Reply #2264 on: May 28, 2019, 08:50:26 pm »
I think this video says there will be 4,700 security staff on duty for the final https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R4qDHdj9vKo
« Last Edit: May 28, 2019, 08:59:46 pm by QwertyQ »
Liverpool - European capital of football

Offline robygerrard

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2265 on: May 28, 2019, 09:08:24 pm »
Love to be going lads. Love reading everyone's routes and plans. This is going to be a great final and a great day for all reds but especially those who are going to there 1st European Cup final. Its fucking magic. Be safe redmen. Bring it home eh.
Let's hope so mate.  This is my 1st European Cup final at age 54 & I'm like a kid at Xmas! Can't wait. Going with my lad & it's his 1st final. A dad's dream!

Offline courty61

• Legacy Fan
  • Never Buy The S*n
« Reply #2266 on: May 28, 2019, 09:15:51 pm »
Friend of mine lived in Madrid for a year or 2. Despite being a blue he has given this on bars in Madrid (although he moved 4 years ago)

"Bear in mind all my info is four years old, there aren't really any big chains. Best areas are Malasaña, just north of the main street and my fave drinking street in the world, no the universe, is Cava Baja, just south of Plaza Mayor.

Theres a bar for every 33 people in Madrid, to put that into perspective it'd be like there being 1000 bars in Formbyso no problem finding a bar but I never found any with big screens"
77, 78, 81, 84, 05, 19

Offline igloo

• Anny Roader
  • All round the fields of Anfield Road....
« Reply #2267 on: May 28, 2019, 09:21:28 pm »
Anyone else got the wrong name up for collection?

I used a mates membership to sort another mate out, but the membership owner that are not traveling just got the collection email in his name :butt  :no
I know I entered the correct details

For me too. Wrong name and adress. They have AGAIN fucked it up.....
YNWA

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2268 on: May 28, 2019, 09:48:38 pm »

Did you know you can drink at the airport?  ;D
YNWA.

Offline grmblk

• Boys Pen
« Reply #2269 on: May 28, 2019, 09:51:58 pm »
Looks like you can only check in on the day at the airport for Thomas cook flights. No flight tickets issued you just need passports to check in. Can see there being a big que.  Air Austral the plane seems to be which is based in France.
Don't worry too much mate. JLA was stuffed for the final last year but well organised. They only let a couple of flights check in at a time so they keep you in a holding area, then you check in and go through to the plane. All ran smoothly.

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Offline Red_Mist

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • CORGI registered friend (but not a gas engineer)
« Reply #2270 on: May 28, 2019, 10:00:52 pm »
loads of them are tiny
They’re the best ones.

Offline PaulKS

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2271 on: May 28, 2019, 10:30:48 pm »
Anyone else on the 9am train from Murcia on Saturday?

Flying to Murcia via Stansted on Friday night. Back on Monday morning

Got a very good feeling about this game

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2272 on: May 29, 2019, 02:01:35 am »
Everything seems to be a problem for some people. Time of day trips. Free coaches. Getting back to the airport. And worst of all - finding somewhere to watch the match in Madrid - a big football loving capital city full of bars.

How do you people ever enjoy yourselves if everything is such a problem? Just turn up, enjoy your time there, watch the match, and go back to the airport in time for your flight. It's not a Rubik's cube.

No wonder the regular travellers missing out are furious when such clueless people will be in the stadium.

Spot on. Especially these days with the web, smartphones and no EU roaming charges.

There is definitely going to be big screens in the fan zones too. Don’t get the panic.

We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2273 on: May 29, 2019, 03:15:31 am »
There wasn’t a big screen in the park in Kiev so if we don’t  see images of one going up tomorrow I don’t think it’ll happen. Only thing is there’s been no images of even a stage being set up yet and that is a certainty so there’s still hope.

Offline stonecold_jpm

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2274 on: May 29, 2019, 03:16:55 am »
On another topic looks same as last year, go wherever you want to go in the stands basically, only difference is the stairs to the upper tier is  inside it I believe.

Offline QwertyQ

• Main Stander
« Reply #2275 on: May 29, 2019, 08:12:42 am »
My son has managed to check in for the Vueling flights and get his boarding passes. Does that mean he can go straight to the security check when he gets to the airport?
Liverpool - European capital of football

Offline stevienash

• Legacy Fan
  • 'White liquid in a bottle has to be milk.'"
« Reply #2276 on: May 29, 2019, 08:32:55 am »
My son has managed to check in for the Vueling flights and get his boarding passes. Does that mean he can go straight to the security check when he gets to the airport?

Yes mate

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2277 on: May 29, 2019, 08:42:54 am »
Spurs have a few remaining tickets for sale to their members on certain points. Wonder if they're cancelled tickets from touts. Spurs mate is shy of about 12 points so misses out.
YNWA.

Offline ABJ

• Legacy Fan
  • Internet terrorist
« Reply #2278 on: May 29, 2019, 09:25:43 am »
As long as he doesn't have any baggage to check in, yes he can.
Quote from: Harvest Fields
i watched the chelsea game at my sisters. her 12 year old son is severly autistic and i forgot myself and jumped up screaming at the goal and he went nuts. screaming and shouting. scared the fuck out of me. apologised to my sister as i thought id upset him, turns out he was joining in.

Offline paulwex

• Kemlynite
« Reply #2279 on: May 29, 2019, 10:06:46 am »
Spare twin room near the bernabeu for £130 let me know if anyone wants it

Friday to Sunday
Spare twin room near the bernabeu for £130 let me know if anyone wants it

Friday to Sunday
This still available? I cant PM you for details