Author Topic: -8 of Internationals draft - Sign up and discussion  (Read 14755 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: -8 of Internationals draft - Sign up and discussion
« Reply #440 on: April 10, 2022, 12:45:39 pm »
Would anyone be so kind as to rustle something up for me? 4231

Cech

Lauren.   Marquez.   Kompany.   Kaladze

Molby.   Diarra

Ljungberg.   Rui Costa.   Luis Diaz

Lewandowski

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #441 on: April 10, 2022, 12:46:02 pm »
I’ve only done a handful of these, but you always seem to have a decent side :thumbup

Tell you what though lads, this one came at the right time to keep me somewhat distracted from the build up to this afternoon’s game, although now we’re finished… :rollseyes

Thanks mate :)

I know, time's dragging so much right now.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #442 on: April 10, 2022, 12:55:48 pm »
Would anyone be so kind as to rustle something up for me? 4231

Alright then Nick City Tigers :D

Linudden.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #443 on: April 10, 2022, 01:12:36 pm »
Much obliged!

Mailed by the tigers, you’re getting mailed by the tigers!

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #444 on: April 10, 2022, 01:55:11 pm »
Much obliged!

Mailed by the tigers, you’re getting mailed by the tigers!

I'd given you a photoshopped proposed Nick City Tigers logo from the 2013 Hull PR disaster if I knew how the hell to do it :D
Linudden.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #445 on: April 10, 2022, 04:12:43 pm »
A few really strong teams picked in this. Should be a good fight to win it.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #446 on: April 10, 2022, 07:28:34 pm »
A list of notables I don’t think were drafted:

Henrik Larsson, Thomas Helveg, Martin Laursen, Freddy Rincon, Jakub Blacyskowski, Wojiech Sczeszny, Billy Bremner, Archie Gemmill, Cosmin Contra, Umit Davala, Emre Belozoglu, Giorgios Karagounis, Orvar Bergmark, Thomas Meunier, Toby Alderweireld, Jan Vertonghen, Thibaut Courtois, Jean-Marie Pfaff, Michel Preud’Homme, Karel Poborsky, Stelios Giannakopolous, Emmanuel Adebayor, Wilfried Zaha, Abedi Pele, Nolberto Solano, Maynor Figueroa, Edson Alvarez, Carlos Salcido, Cuatehmoc Blanco, Dwight Yorke, Thorgan Hazard, Aaron Ramsey, Kieran Tierney, Rafa Guerreiro, Pauleta, Nani, Maniche, Tiago, Jovetic, Matic etc etc

Most of them are as good as others selected in the draft but there’s definitely a lot more depth in certain positions than others.
That's not too bad of a list. The most surprising omissions for me, given some of the players selected, were:

- David O'Leary
- Łukasz Piszczek
- Johnny Giles
- Ronnie Whelan
- Ryan Giggs
- Dragan Dzajic
- Oleg Blokhin
- Denis Law
- Diego Forlan

Some of those are probably due to being Mancs of course, but Blokhin is the player I'm most surprised rarely gets picked. A rapid, skilful, prolific wide forward, who's also a Ballon D'or winner and had lots of other individual and team honours. When you watch videos of him, he was a seriously exhilarating player to watch. He is also Ukrainian, even though he played for the U.S.S.R, so his omission makes it even more surprising.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #447 on: April 10, 2022, 07:38:05 pm »
Happy enough with that. Gone for a Klopp style 433. These days I generally just try to check off players I've never drafted before. Recoba and Boban were the two big ones here. Never got Salah before either.

"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #448 on: April 10, 2022, 07:43:20 pm »
I looked up Blokhin but had used Dasayev.

I had this proper class book when I was a kid that was a huge hardback coffee table book that had loads of football legends in there and would give good information on them all. Wish I still had it, I read it cover to cover many times as a kid. Just looking it up, it was called Football: The Beautiful Game. I think it was a Christmas gift when I was 8 or 9. Tangential, but Blokhin was one of the entries.

Would anyone be kind enough to excuse my lack of capability (and lack of access to anything beyond my phone presently) and mock me up a graphic in Red kits?

Cavani

Bale               Dalglish          Ceulemans

Sousa           Keita

Davies                                      Finnan
               Olsen         Matip

Dasayev
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #449 on: April 10, 2022, 07:45:11 pm »
Betty, question - was Charles selected specifically to be a Centre Half or did you take him as a good dual-option should you failed to have drafted satisfactory striker/centre back picks?

One of my grandfathers’ favourite ever players.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #450 on: April 10, 2022, 07:57:04 pm »
Betty, question - was Charles selected specifically to be a Centre Half or did you take him as a good dual-option should you failed to have drafted satisfactory striker/centre back picks?

Always had him earmarked for my CB role. My aim was to get him and McGrath together actually, but Lastrador just pipped me for him. I got Eusebio early for the striker role and already had Salah, so putting Charles up top would have been overkill I reckon. My 'pa was also a big Charles fan, so it's nice to draft him finally as well.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #451 on: April 10, 2022, 08:10:28 pm »

Isn't he is just a old man's Steven Caulker?

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #452 on: April 10, 2022, 08:11:29 pm »
Isn't he is just a old man's Steven Caulker?

That's what Andy said.  ;D

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #453 on: April 10, 2022, 08:32:34 pm »
Would anyone be kind enough to excuse my lack of capability (and lack of access to anything beyond my phone presently) and mock me up a graphic in Red kits?

Hope that's all good. Thought I'd make sure no-one thinks you picked Ben Davies  :D

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #454 on: April 10, 2022, 08:34:06 pm »
Hope that's all good. Thought I'd make sure no-one thinks you picked Ben Davies  :D

After reading that and then seeing the team I genuinely thought he'd picked Arsenal fan and all round arse Alan Davies.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #455 on: April 10, 2022, 09:23:48 pm »

Cheers Betty, spot on thank you.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #456 on: April 10, 2022, 09:24:18 pm »
After reading that and then seeing the team I genuinely thought he'd picked Arsenal fan and all round arse Alan Davies.
Wouldn’t draft that windmill shagger.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #457 on: April 10, 2022, 10:06:28 pm »

He’s picked a Davies. We just don’t know which one.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #458 on: April 10, 2022, 10:11:54 pm »
He’s picked a Davies. We just don’t know which one.
Barry
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #460 on: April 10, 2022, 11:12:09 pm »
Look at his face!

That's nice, that's Keegan, that's McDermott and that's a goal...or something like that
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #461 on: April 11, 2022, 05:08:21 am »
Will go through them all later and get some matches going.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline RobbieRedman

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #462 on: April 11, 2022, 08:38:41 am »

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #463 on: April 11, 2022, 08:59:42 am »
                       Drogba

Hazard              Deco           Mahrez

Nakata    Zielinski

Rodriguez    Agger      Hansen  Ivanovic

Southall

Anyone able to put this together for Andy?
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #464 on: April 11, 2022, 09:04:59 am »
VBG
vs
AdzLFC

Robbieredman
vs
Tubby

Max Powers
vs
Samie

Lastrador
vs
Hazell

Crosby Nick
vs
Linudden

Betty Blue
vs
AndyMuller

El Lobo and DrinksSangria go into the next round straight off as a result of having 14 teams
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 01:35:30 pm by Elzar »

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #465 on: April 11, 2022, 09:07:18 am »
Anyone able to put this together for Andy?

If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #467 on: April 11, 2022, 02:28:33 pm »
Oh yeah this was my 'short' list

Spoiler
GKS – Baia, Bento, Cordoba, Higuita, Mondragon, Bravo, Chilavert, Campos, Ochoa, Jennings, Elisha Scott, Bonner, Leighton, Goram, Southall, Grobbelaer, Friedel, Preud’Homme, Pfaff, Courtois, Shovkovsky, Cech, Planicka, Grosics, Ravelli, Schmeichel, Recber, Yashin, Dasaev, Beara, Oblak, Tomaszewski,

RB – Joao Pinto, Andrade, Cuadrado, Finnan, Arce, Rice, McGrain, Gerets, Piszczek, Bergmark, Helveg, Davala, Stankovic, Ivanovic, Kuffour, Geremi, Lauren, Petrescu, Contra, Seitaridis, Srna, Hakimi,

CB – Carvalho, Coelho, Pepe, Couto, Nasazzi, Santamaria, Godin, Montero, Cordoba, Yepes, Matip, Agger, Hyypia, Figueroa, Gamarra, Chumpitaz, Marquez, McGrath, Lawrenson, Hansen, McNeill, Charles, Gillespie, Henchoz, Kolo Toure, Wark, Yeats, Vertonghen, Alderweireld, Kompany, Luzhny, Zmuda, Popluhar, Patrick Andersson, Hysen, Mellberg, Martin Olsen, Alpay, Terim, Vasovic, Vidic, Gambetta, Popescu, Radabe, Song, Naybet, Berg, Ronny Johnsen, Manolas, Kovac, Kjaer, Minelli

LB – Robertson, Salcido, Staunton, Irwin, Gemmell, Nicol, Jankulovski, Heintze, Zhirkov, Bjornebye, Riise, Chivu, Ivanov, Alphonso Davies, Alaba, Jarni

DM - Paolo Sousa, Varela, Momo Sissoko, Keane, Molby, Krychowiak, Voronin, Igor Netto, Mihajlovic, Oblak, Mackay, Essien, Mamadou Diarra, Zagorakis, Nakata, Ndidi, Der Elst,

CM – Coluna, Moutinho, Thiago Mendes, Naby Keita, Vidal, Paz, Blanchflower, Whelan, Houghton, Souness, Bremner, Van Moer, Masopust, Bozsik, Bo Larsson, Basturk, Tugay, Altintop, Modric, Boban, Jugovic, Rakitic, Ocwirk, Yaya Toure, Prohaska, Seydou Keita, Foe, Letchkov, Petrov, Brozovic, Sabitzer, Kovacic

AM – Deco, Rui Costa, Francescoli, Schiaffino, Valderama, Romerito, Cubillas, Litmanen, De Bruyne, Scifo, Ceulemans, Belanov, Blokhin, Panenka, Hamsik, Rosicky, Liedholm, M Laudrup, Stojkovic, Savicevic, Prosinecki, Cesar Cueto, Dobrin, Hagi, Okocha, Abedi Pele, Hadji, Balakov, Gudjohnsen, Honda, Dalglish

LW – Luis Diaz, Berger, Mane, Leonel Sanchez, Brady, Heighway, Liddell, Kewell, Hazard, Lato, Nedved, Czibor, Turan, Dzazic, Ilie, Perisic, Simao, Son, Park Ji Sung, Best, Mertens

RW – Figo, Alexis Sanchez, Boniek, Hamrin, Ljungberg, B Laudrup, Simonsen, Kanchelskis, Jose Augusto, Johnstone, Finidi, Salah, Mahrez, Bale

ATT – Ronaldo, Eusebio, Forlan, Falcao, Salas, Suarez, Zamorano, Erico, Hugo Sanchez, Aldridge, Law, Toshack, Rush, Jota, Shevchenko, Lewandowski, Kubala, Albert, Hidegkuti, Puskas, Kocsis, Henrik Larsson, Nordhal, Zlatan, Elkjaer, Sukur, Suker, Pancev, Mijatovic, Boksic, Dzeko, Mandzukic, Alberto Spencer, Drogba, Eto’o, Weah, Milla, Benni McCarthy, Haaland, Berbatov, Stoichkov, Viduka, Aubameyang,
[close]

Betty was right, that Asia/Oceania spot would have been impossible if we'd done a four continents draft.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline Elzar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #469 on: April 13, 2022, 12:27:06 pm »
Drinks Sangria
VS
Robbieredman

Max Powers
VS
Crosby Nick

Hazell
VS
El Lobo

AdzLFC
VS
AndyMuller
« Last Edit: April 13, 2022, 01:35:15 pm by Elzar »