Author Topic: -8 of Internationals draft - Sign up and discussion  (Read 14754 times)

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
Re: -8 of Internationals draft - Sign up and discussion
« Reply #200 on: April 7, 2022, 01:45:07 pm »
Keeping my Portugal pick back. There's going to be big holes for selection at pick 9-10. I'm sure they'll have someone notable to fill it

I’ve spaffed my load early on Portugal and Belgium. I’ll no doubt regret that when I’m scrambling around for a full back in round 10.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #201 on: April 7, 2022, 01:47:48 pm »
I also hate to be a stickler for the rules but Max picked a full 1 second before Lastrador’s hour was up. Surely such a flagrant breach of the rules deserves some kind of punishment?

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #202 on: April 7, 2022, 01:58:15 pm »
I also hate to be a stickler for the rules but Max picked a full 1 second before Lastrador’s hour was up. Surely such a flagrant breach of the rules deserves some kind of punishment?
I got up about half an hour ago, so I think we can let that slide.  ;D

Have to say, in all my years of drafting I've never had so much trouble with the different time zone. Now I know what our friend, and betting bot, Vishwa Atma used to feel.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #203 on: April 7, 2022, 01:59:40 pm »
Savicevic counts for Yugoslavia Samie
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #204 on: April 7, 2022, 02:02:16 pm »
And he was from Montenegro, not Serbia.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #205 on: April 7, 2022, 02:03:16 pm »
Yeah, yeah all technicalities. He was born though right? That's what matters.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #206 on: April 7, 2022, 02:06:46 pm »
Well yeah but he played for Yugoslavia (just so you don't try and sneak another one through ;))
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #207 on: April 7, 2022, 02:09:53 pm »
Despite the nationality troubles, Savicevic is a great pick. Expected him to go earlier. Tried desperately hard to think of ways to jam him into my side last night, but with Salah on the right he would have been slightly out of position on the left.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: April 7, 2022, 02:23:12 pm »
First time he goes for an older player...and its a goalie in round 6 :duh :duh

Offline Adz LFC

• Kopite
  • Believer. 19 & 6
« Reply #209 on: April 7, 2022, 02:30:16 pm »
First time he goes for an older player...and its a goalie in round 6 :duh :duh

No harm in picking up the goat is there? :D
I’m so glad that Jürgen is a Red…

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #210 on: April 7, 2022, 02:54:08 pm »

Thanks Nick. Max is on a 4 round pick ban.

Blame the grass.

This wasn't a serious post.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #211 on: April 7, 2022, 03:07:54 pm »
So our friend Max is getting cancelled, tough luck :D
Linudden.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The boys pen cured my acne
« Reply #212 on: April 7, 2022, 03:47:31 pm »
Good shout with McGrath, Las. I had Liam and him on my list. Went with Liam as I feel there are some really good alternatives at cb, Koulibaly being one of them, ( :wanker, Elz, ) as well as some classic others but not so much variety in midfield. However, McGrath was a helluva player even though he was a manc twat for a while
...If you can meet with triumph and disaster
And treat those two imposters just the same

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #213 on: April 7, 2022, 04:00:21 pm »
Good shout with McGrath, Las. I had Liam and him on my list. Went with Liam as I feel there are some really good alternatives at cb, Koulibaly being one of them, ( :wanker, Elz, ) as well as some classic others but not so much variety in midfield. However, McGrath was a helluva player even though he was a manc twat for a while
Cheers Roberto. While I’m glad you went for Brady, I think you made a good choice. I’m struggling like hell for midfielders now, especially creative ones who could also get stuck in, and Liam fits the bill perfectly. What a beast of a defender McGrath was though. I also think he will make a great partnership with Figueroa.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• Waiting for the silver bus. Gobshites- united- will never be defeated. Whip him, beat him, call him Barbara, he can live with it. Self confessed c*nt (apparently)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #214 on: April 7, 2022, 04:18:28 pm »
Cheers Roberto. While I’m glad you went for Brady, I think you made a good choice. I’m struggling like hell for midfielders now, especially creative ones who could also get stuck in, and Liam fits the bill perfectly. What a beast of a defender McGrath was though. I also think he will make a great partnership with Figueroa.

Agreed. Great pair there, pal

Offline Elzar

• train station gate frustration - delia smith fan club founder ('ave it!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bam!
« Reply #215 on: April 7, 2022, 04:24:45 pm »
Probably won't update until Friday night/Saturday morning now.

Hopefully someone can update in here so we don't get confused when picking.
We already have shit in the country, and the game of Liverpool fills life with joy. Thanks

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #216 on: April 7, 2022, 04:48:40 pm »
Sorry, was on a call. Just seen Lob on has picked so I’ll go when I’ve scoured my list (Wikipedia).

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: April 7, 2022, 04:55:56 pm »
We're going back up, not down mate.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #218 on: April 7, 2022, 05:00:37 pm »
We're going back up, not down mate.

And I missed my pick on the way up Sugartits.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #219 on: April 7, 2022, 05:02:56 pm »
 ;D

Not like I;m keeping tabs here mate.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #220 on: April 7, 2022, 05:06:40 pm »
;D

Not like I;m keeping tabs here mate.

:D

Went for Ljungberg. Means I can go 442 or 4231. Key to him being good is having good passers who can pick out his movement. Molby and Rui Costa should help.

Needed to up the sexpot quota a little as well.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #221 on: April 7, 2022, 05:17:17 pm »
And I missed my pick on the way up Sugartits.

Counting the seconds and missing the hour  :duh

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #222 on: April 7, 2022, 05:30:27 pm »
Counting the seconds and missing the hour  :duh

Did I break any rules? :D

Thought about Davies. Thought there may be some objections but a good pick I think.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #223 on: April 7, 2022, 05:33:24 pm »
Silly Sangria, he has now blocked himself from picking Canadian and bitter legend Tomasz Radzinski.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #224 on: April 7, 2022, 05:38:01 pm »
Did I break any rules? :D

Thought about Davies. Thought there may be some objections but a good pick I think.
Silly Sangria, he has now blocked himself from picking Canadian and bitter legend Tomasz Radzinski.
It was stupid but mainly because I can’t now take Paul Peschisolido, the Carling Maradona.

There probably will be certain posters doubting his pedigree, but he’s one of the most exciting young talents out there and broke into Bayern’s side at 17. Champions League and domestic treble winner and was Canada’s most important player in usurping the US and Mexico to top the Concacaf proceedings and qualify for only their second ever World Cup. Got 5 goals in qualifying playing from a mixture of fullback and the wing.
« Last Edit: April 7, 2022, 05:40:26 pm by Drinks Sangria »
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #225 on: April 7, 2022, 05:48:54 pm »
Davies has about as much pedigree as Hakimi. He is young but has already achieved a lot.

Offline Betty Blue

• 37.2 deg @ 2am. Big Fat Scaredy Cat. "Tonight Matthew, I will be Lancelot Du Lac!"
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #226 on: April 7, 2022, 05:57:17 pm »
Dangerous pick, Alphonso. He was on my list, but younger players get a bad rub in these all-time drafts. Somewhat understandable as their career still has the possibility of going to shit at this point and then in 10 years time you've got Gianluigi Lentini in draft terms. With retired players you know whether they had a long peak and can take that into account when voting.
"Don’t let your heads drop. We’re Liverpool. You’re playing for Liverpool. Don’t forget that. You have to hold your heads high for the supporters. You have to do it for them." - Rafa Benitez, halftime, Istanbul, 2005.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: April 7, 2022, 05:59:45 pm »
None of them are Jankulovski though.  8)

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #228 on: April 7, 2022, 06:02:50 pm »
Janku is a great pick, especially at this stage. Samie's side is getting scary good. Even though he has a midget CB.  ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #229 on: April 7, 2022, 06:07:18 pm »
A midget in life but a South American God.  8)

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #230 on: April 7, 2022, 06:14:22 pm »
Janku is a great pick, especially at this stage. Samie's side is getting scary good.

Has Samie been hacked? He's gotten mysteriously good at drafting these past few drafts.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #231 on: April 7, 2022, 06:19:13 pm »
Has Samie been hacked? He's gotten mysteriously good at drafting these past few drafts.
Well, there's still time for one of Samie's classic gaffes, but yes he's been very good lately. It's quite distrassing.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #232 on: April 7, 2022, 06:22:55 pm »
 :D

From time to time I use the skills I've acquired this past decade plus of doing these bastard draft's.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #233 on: April 7, 2022, 06:23:29 pm »
We all know Prof still has his hand up Samie’s bottom.

Offline vivabobbygraham

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: April 7, 2022, 06:32:09 pm »
Fucking hells bells, BB. Danny McGrain is a great shout. You will know he would be on my list

Offline Linudden

• Twpsyn gwirion. Definitely a Ron DeSantis fanboy
  • Legacy Fan
  • Linudden.
« Reply #235 on: April 7, 2022, 06:33:31 pm »
Davies has about as much pedigree as Hakimi. He is young but has already achieved a lot.

Davies is excellent and would've been my left back had someone taken Alaba before me.

Either way here's the updated list I'll keep track of while Elzar is gone:

Picks:

Betty Blue - Salah(EGY), Eusébio(POR), Boban(CRO), Recoba(URU), S.Keita(MLI), Charles(WAL), McGrain(SCO)
VBG - Best(NIR), Rush(WAL), Essien(GHA), Brady(IRE), Koulibaly(SEN), Santamaría(URU), Valderrama(COL)
Samie - Suárez(URU), Weah(LBR), Prosinecki(CRO), Chumpitaz(PER), Savicevic(YUG), Jankulovski(CZE), P Ferreira(POR)
DrinksSangria - Dalglish(SCO), Matip(CMR), Bale(WAL), Keita(GUI), Sousa(POR), Davies(CAN), Cavani(URU)
Robbieredman - C.Ronaldo(POR), Shevchenko(UKR), Hagi(ROM), Scifo(BEL), McNeil(SCO), Lawrenson(IRL), Srna(CRO)
El Lobo - Mané(SEN), Robertson(SCO), Rakitic(CRO), H. Sánchez(MEX), Van der Elst(BEL), Córdoba(COL), Montero(URU)
Crosby Nick - Lewandowski(POL), Rui Costa(POR), Mølby(DEN), Kompany(BEL), Díaz(COL), Ljungberg(SWE), Márquez(MEX)
Lastrador - Nedved(CZE), Stoichkov(BUL), Figueroa(CHL), Gerets(BEL), Stankovic(SRB), McGrath(IRL), Chivu(ROM)
Max Power - Puskás(HUN), Vidal(CHL), Godín(URU), Nicol(SCO), Litmanen(FIN), Riise(NOR)
Linudden - Modric(CRO), Y.Touré(CIV), Alaba(AUT), Hakimi(MOR), Bremner(SCO), Vidic(SRB)
AdzLFC - Figo(POR), Hyypiä(FIN), Eto'o(CMR), Irwin(IRL), Son (KOR), Yashin(USR)
AndyMuller - Drogba(CIV), Hansen(SCO), Hazard(BEL), Mahrez(ALG), Deco(POR), Agger(DEN)
Tubby - De Bruyne(BEL), Keane(IRE), Popescu(ROM), Jarni(CRO), Carvalho(POR), Falcao(COL)
Hazell - Souness(SCO), Laudrup(DEN), Kuffour(GHA), Ibrahimovic(SWE), Boniek(POL), Heighway(IRL)
« Last Edit: April 7, 2022, 08:12:02 pm by Lewis Hamilton’s #1 fan »
Linudden.

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #236 on: April 7, 2022, 06:37:45 pm »
McGrain is a great pick. He was second on my list of rightbacks after Gerets. When you see pictures of him you have to feel sorry for the wingers that had to face him. Guy was tough as hell and built like a rugby player. 

Offline Betty Blue

• Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #237 on: April 7, 2022, 06:39:30 pm »
Fucking hells bells, BB. Danny McGrain is a great shout. You will know he would be on my list

Was terrified you'd nab him right before my pick just like you did with Rushy.

Felt like time to get my Scotsman after seeing McNeill and Bremner go in the last two rounds as well. Still some solid RBs left, but none of his pedigree IMO. There are some top top left wingers especially in this draft, so didn't want to leave myself with someone decidedly average there either.

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #238 on: April 7, 2022, 06:57:48 pm »
Ah a top Right Back if a little underrated.  8)

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #239 on: April 7, 2022, 07:01:37 pm »
Ah a top Right Back if a little underrated.  8)

Was it Kewell who ripped him apart in that FA Cup semi? If it wasn’t him it was Riise. You’d better hope it was Kewell.

Chelsea were always trying to upgrade Portuguese right backs but he stuck around the longest.