Author Topic: Is there a drug problem in Liverpool  (Read 6189 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Is there a drug problem in Liverpool
« on: February 24, 2022, 09:17:02 am »
I've never done drugs. Never have. Never will.

For me ale is enough - you can get bladdered on that legally and for little money.

I've seen the odd bellend snorting here and there through the years, but at the moment it seems to me every time I get on a train and it has a toilet, every time I go to the match, every time I go to the bog in a pub in town, there is someone snorting something.

Is it more widespread than it ever was or do people just not bother hiding it any more?
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Is there a drug problem in Liverpool
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2022, 09:18:26 am »
I think it is more widespread than ever, every time I go out for a pint the bogs are full of people snorting. Some of my mates cannot go out just to drink, it has to be both. Some of them even snort without having a drink or even going out, just sitting in the house!

Not to just throw my mates under the bus like, I've dabbled quite a bit myself the past 2 years. I think its been down to the stress of lockdowns etc but I'm not having it anymore, the comedowns are just too much these days.

Offline Sudden Death Draft Loser

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2022, 09:21:13 am »

Is there a drug problem in Liverpool?

There's a lot of drug use everywhere, cocaine use is on the rise.

However, there's always been a drug problem nationwide, it's called alcohol
"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2022, 09:29:09 am »
Is there a drug problem in Liverpool?

There's a lot of drug use everywhere, cocaine use is on the rise.

However, there's always been a drug problem nationwide, it's called alcohol

Is this you?

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2022, 09:31:35 am »
There's a drug problem in every City and every Town in the UK, like has been said, you cannot go to town without people snorting in cubicles and so on.

What's got me surprised now is the flagrancy of it; I was in a cocktail bar in Chester last weekend and young lads in the toilets were all just doing keys out in the open toilet area, not even attempting to hide it.

A couple of months back, I was in a bar in London in Whitechapel and there was this really weird, on edge little bald sweaty fidgety bloke waiting on a table behind us. He kept getting up, putting his coat on the back of his chair, moving it, sitting down, getting up, moving the chair, messing with the coat. A lady then meets him and it's clear it's a first date where they've met online. I hear him saying how nervous he is. Anyway, she gets up, goes to the bathroom, and while she's gone, he spins, get's his coat and just starts snorting, in the middle of this restaurant/bar. I couldn't believe it. No one challenged him but many seemed to notice. He even told the woman when she got back he'd had a line for his nerves. There's rarely consequence and people's values seem to be degrading, along with standards of behaviour.

It's mad. I've never known so much drug taking in my life and cocaine specifically seems to be in everyone's hands at the moment.

It's a symptom of the times we live in and the unhappy climate most young people feel themselves as being in - the rush from drug use is an escape for a few hours regardless of the consequence.

I am no saint, I've done plenty in the past though don't partake anymore, but I was never guzzling £40 bags of the stuff every weekend and openly taking it in front of strangers.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #5 on: February 24, 2022, 09:46:37 am »
There's a drug problem in every City and every Town in the UK, like has been said, you cannot go to town without people snorting in cubicles and so on.

What's got me surprised now is the flagrancy of it; I was in a cocktail bar in Chester last weekend and young lads in the toilets were all just doing keys out in the open toilet area, not even attempting to hide it.

A couple of months back, I was in a bar in London in Whitechapel and there was this really weird, on edge little bald sweaty fidgety bloke waiting on a table behind us. He kept getting up, putting his coat on the back of his chair, moving it, sitting down, getting up, moving the chair, messing with the coat. A lady then meets him and it's clear it's a first date where they've met online. I hear him saying how nervous he is. Anyway, she gets up, goes to the bathroom, and while she's gone, he spins, get's his coat and just starts snorting, in the middle of this restaurant/bar. I couldn't believe it. No one challenged him but many seemed to notice. He even told the woman when she got back he'd had a line for his nerves. There's rarely consequence and people's values seem to be degrading, along with standards of behaviour.

It's mad. I've never known so much drug taking in my life and cocaine specifically seems to be in everyone's hands at the moment.

It's a symptom of the times we live in and the unhappy climate most young people feel themselves as being in - the rush from drug use is an escape for a few hours regardless of the consequence.

I am no saint, I've done plenty in the past though don't partake anymore, but I was never guzzling £40 bags of the stuff every weekend and openly taking it in front of strangers.

Yeah that's the bit that gets me.

The two lads I saw (in different bars) in town looked a bit apologetic 'Sorry mate'

But usually most of them don't give a shite.

As you said, it's open. Before kick off at Anfield - every game - just before kickoff there are two, three, four lads crammed into those small toilets laughing and loudly snorting.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2022, 03:42:25 pm »
Taking away the legality of both, why is it ok to get drunk but not to snort a few lines?
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2022, 05:01:53 pm »

The two lads I saw (in different bars) in town looked a bit apologetic 'Sorry mate'

As you said, it's open. Before kick off at Anfield - every game - just before kickoff there are two, three, four lads crammed into those small toilets laughing and loudly snorting.

Don't be giving people dirty looks for it, you'll get splattered one day

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2022, 11:35:14 pm »
Don't be giving people dirty looks for it, you'll get splattered one day

I try not to. Did the other day though when I was dying for the bog on the train and there was a queue and two lads staggered out with powder all over their faces and a bottle of vodka.

Offline Sarge

• Fine with being a Fucker. He's a lovable rouge
  • Legacy Fan
  • Boom!
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2022, 11:37:39 pm »
There is a drug problem in every town and city in every corner of every town and city across the globe.
Y.N.W.A.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: February 25, 2022, 12:05:18 am »
There is a drug problem in every town and city in every corner of every town and city across the globe.

*nervously checks corner*

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #11 on: February 25, 2022, 08:30:16 am »
I do agree ale is worse like, my body has been through some pain when I’ve been on a heavy session compared to having a few stripes.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12 on: February 25, 2022, 10:28:03 am »
It's only a problem if people are causing other people harm, or if people are out of control with addiction. People talk about coked up bellends starting fights, but they're bellends regardless. Far more people than you realise will be doing coke, mdma, whatever on a night out, and most of them you won't notice as they won't be causing you any problems, or any more problems than people who are just drunk. I've taken drugs plenty of times and never started a fight because I'm not that sort of person, the same goes for loads of my friends. The vast, vast majority will feel rough the next day and then get on with their normal life in work or whatever. Help should be available for people who are addicted or want to stop. Decriminalisation for possession would also stop the complete waste of police and the legal systems time that it is currently, and I'd personally advocate for complete legalisation of all drugs, to adults who want to take them - the status that two of the most dangerous and harmful drugs (alcohol and cigarettes) currently enjoy.
« Last Edit: February 25, 2022, 10:36:06 am by gregor »

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #13 on: February 25, 2022, 03:12:13 pm »
Taking away the legality of both, why is it ok to get drunk but not to snort a few lines?

Exactly

"The greatest argument against democracy is to have a five minute conversation  with the average voter. "

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #14 on: February 25, 2022, 03:18:00 pm »
Far more people than you realise will be doing coke, mdma, whatever on a night out, and most of them you won't notice as they won't be causing you any problems, or any more problems than people who are just drunk.

In my experience those on illegal drugs are far less likely to cause problems than those who are drunk. Those om MDMA virtually incapable of causing trouble.

Something I've noticed at festivals: you're in a packed venue, someone pushes through you forcibly to get nearer the front - 99% chance they're drunk. Contrast this with the person on MDMA - they will gently stroke your back until you notice and then politely indicate that they want to pass you. 

Offline John C

• RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #15 on: February 25, 2022, 10:24:14 pm »
To answer Andy's question, its undeniable, but it's not recent.

Regarding the discussion, everyone has their own opinions on these matters and it's a fact that each substance affects people in different ways, including alcohol. There's potential physical and mental harm in all of them, including over the counter pain killers.

If you want some informative advice visit...
https://www.talktofrank.com/drugs-a-z

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2022, 10:30:05 pm »
In my experience those on illegal drugs are far less likely to cause problems than those who are drunk. Those om MDMA virtually incapable of causing trouble.

Something I've noticed at festivals: you're in a packed venue, someone pushes through you forcibly to get nearer the front - 99% chance they're drunk. Contrast this with the person on MDMA - they will gently stroke your back until you notice and then politely indicate that they want to pass you.

I think the trend for cocaine is cause for drug related violence.

Certainly in the good old days hash and acid caused minimal problems, speed less benevolent but any problems were generally self inflicted.

Offline Tesco tearaway

• Would just LUUUUUUURVE to 'swipe your clubcard', ooooooh matron!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • *NoVoid-19
« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2022, 12:04:06 am »
"Is there a drug problem in Liverpool"
Absolutely not.
I can get whatever I want and whatever I need whenever I want... No problem.

Luckily I no longer need or want any drugs.
If your moral compass is Piers Moron then I ask you to think whether someone who oversaw illegal phone hacking and published fake pictures depicting War Crimes is an appropriate person to look up to. In fact, I'd suggest you're a bit of a c*nt.

Offline ThepepeReina

• Space Cadet with a monoflatulent other half
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #18 on: February 28, 2022, 04:08:57 pm »

Apologetic? to you? why should they be?

Doesnt impact on your life one bit
Gamertag - GOUGHYlegend
I aint got time to bleed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #19 on: February 28, 2022, 05:07:03 pm »
Apologetic? to you? why should they be?

Doesnt impact on your life one bit

Off the subject probably but maybe they should take this piece about adulteration into account before snorting;

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-latin-america-60235154

Offline ianburns252

• RAWK Economist not the MP spelling and Crosby background differentiate
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Gentleman in the streets; freak in the spreadsheet
« Reply #20 on: March 2, 2022, 12:16:40 pm »
It's only a problem if people are causing other people harm, or if people are out of control with addiction. People talk about coked up bellends starting fights, but they're bellends regardless. Far more people than you realise will be doing coke, mdma, whatever on a night out, and most of them you won't notice as they won't be causing you any problems, or any more problems than people who are just drunk. I've taken drugs plenty of times and never started a fight because I'm not that sort of person, the same goes for loads of my friends. The vast, vast majority will feel rough the next day and then get on with their normal life in work or whatever. Help should be available for people who are addicted or want to stop. Decriminalisation for possession would also stop the complete waste of police and the legal systems time that it is currently, and I'd personally advocate for complete legalisation of all drugs, to adults who want to take them - the status that two of the most dangerous and harmful drugs (alcohol and cigarettes) currently enjoy.

Is the issue not that even if the individual doing the drugs won't necessarily cause harm, the chain of gangs and that it has gone through to get to those people certainly has caused harm so, in effect, everyone who does it is harming other people.

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #21 on: March 2, 2022, 01:19:03 pm »
I think drugs are like drinking & gambling. Are what they are in moderation but the problem is when people become addicted. There's no guarantee when people dabble they won't become hooked.

Seen a couple of people I know piss a promising future up the wall with coke. Can say the same of booze & gambling also. I don't think it's any worse in Liverpool than anywhere else.

Offline gregor

• Partial to a Swiss Roll
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #22 on: March 2, 2022, 01:26:25 pm »
Is the issue not that even if the individual doing the drugs won't necessarily cause harm, the chain of gangs and that it has gone through to get to those people certainly has caused harm so, in effect, everyone who does it is harming other people.

Fair point, but that's why I think legalisation and taking drugs out of the hands of criminal gangs is the most sensible thing. Prohibition doesn't work - human beings like getting off their tits, and they don't necessarily need to have any issues for that to be the case. There's a narrative that drug users have problems or need to escape something, and I think that usually comes from people who have no experience of them or the people who take them.

Do I think someone having a regular heroin habit is a good thing? No, but in theory if they're causing no harm to society to fund it, then why should it make them a criminal? I'm not a libertarian in many forms at all, certainly not economically, but in this case I just don't think it's up to the government to dictate to people what they can and can't put in their own body.

Offline Fiasco

• Just add water to foam at the mouth. Can't spell San Francisco. Has promised to eat his own cock. Cannibal Self-Harm in that case.....
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96.
« Reply #23 on: March 2, 2022, 02:20:30 pm »

I've just spat my coffee out reading that, I know you make a genuine point but it tickled me imaging that happening in person - you're not wrong :D

Offline Max100

• Main Stander
« Reply #24 on: March 9, 2022, 03:21:50 pm »
I've just spat my coffee out reading that, I know you make a genuine point but it tickled me imaging that happening in person - you're not wrong :D

Coffee! That most addictive of substances...

Offline AlphaDelta

• Creepy, geeky, recidivist hose-spotter, checking out the size of your engine as we speak......
  • Legacy Fan
  • People's Republic of Liverpool
« Reply #25 on: March 10, 2022, 01:31:42 pm »
Think its been like this for years. One of my locals in Huyton, men old enough to be grandfathers and pensioners are at it, its just commonplace nowadays.
"I ask that you believe in this team and believe that together we can achieve great things."

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #26 on: March 10, 2022, 08:10:34 pm »
Yes.

I'm not against the odd line here and there, I'm not going to be a hypocrite, but town is absolutely insufferable because of it. We used to say we'd go day drinking in town to avoid the worst of it, but even that doesn't work anymore.

Edit: I do think it's a symptom of a general unhappiness / sense of nihilism amongst people under the age of, say, 50.

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #27 on: March 10, 2022, 08:16:13 pm »
Incidentally, I don't know what the fuck they cut it with (concrete, cat litter) but if I do more than a couple of stripes of an evening I'm sneezing up shite for the next two days, grim.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #28 on: March 10, 2022, 09:36:00 pm »
Incidentally, I don't know what the fuck they cut it with (concrete, cat litter) but if I do more than a couple of stripes of an evening I'm sneezing up shite for the next two days, grim.

They won’t give a shit what they cut it with.

Apparently detergent and laxatives are popular cutting agents. :o

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #29 on: March 10, 2022, 10:32:07 pm »

You need a new dealer.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #30 on: March 13, 2022, 10:14:11 am »
Was out with a couple of mates yesterday and they were saying the same thing - coked up arseholes polluting local pubs all over the City.

I mentioned that someone on here questioned 'what the fuck has it got to do you with you' and their answer was the same - we're not arsed if people want to snort shite in the cubicals or away from sight, but I don't want to have to possibly deal with some inbred c*nt blowing all sorts of shite into the air while I'm trying to have a piss.

Wish they'd all fuck off. Little shithouses.

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2022, 03:46:50 pm »
It's no worse then alcohol. Pissed up dickheads, coked up dickheads. The correlation is that they're dickheads, not what they're doing when they're out

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2022, 04:13:13 pm »
It's no worse then alcohol. Pissed up dickheads, coked up dickheads. The correlation is that they're dickheads, not what they're doing when they're out

That's the problem though, isn't it.

Every coked up dickhead I've seen then goes onto drink loads of ale and shots.

I've seen lads fighting that are pissed as newts and acting like arseholes, but it's another level when their off their heads on ale and drugs and whatever the fuck is randomly in what they are snorting. There isn't even anything human in their eyes. Scary shit.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2022, 05:23:20 pm »
Class A's can act as a 'performance enhancer', meaning people can drink way more ale on them, which sort of compounds the whole issue

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2022, 10:56:43 pm »
You can definitely drink a lot more when taking it. I take it a lot and it never turns me in to a dickhead. Coked up dickheads are just that, dickheads. Doesn't matter what they take or drink they will still be dickheads.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline Roady

• Streety's long lost brother. AKA the Shit Buhunt.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2022, 11:32:45 pm »

I'm not buying that.from someone who used to do it a lot (don't touch the stuff now and never will) it is definitely worse than alcohol.
Giant sponges. That is the answer for flooding.

Online FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #36 on: March 15, 2022, 09:12:19 am »
I'm not buying that.from someone who used to do it a lot (don't touch the stuff now and never will) it is definitely worse than alcohol.

I still do a lot of it and I would say, from my experiences, alcohol is worse.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #37 on: March 15, 2022, 02:41:16 pm »
There's a great reluctance in society in general to acknowledge just how damaging alcohol is.

It's the acceptable drug within our culture, in fact I'd go beyond that. It's use is actively encouraged, people are expected to use it.

Give up alcohol and it becomes clear how much it's pushed on us.

Offline RainbowFlick

• The Test Ticket Tout. Head of the RAWK Vice Squad.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #38 on: March 15, 2022, 03:56:39 pm »
Don't think it's specific to Liverpool (I'm from London). Do feel like I've seen a lot more cocaine use at the match though although maybe I've been oblivious to it.

I guess with lockdown and stuff people either got a bit more hooked on substances or are now taking the opportunity to 'blow steam' as well as a sense of unhappiness. I have no issue with what people take but I just hope some of these lads are a bit more careful of their surroundings, especially when we have the Piss Police on the Kop now.

Speaking with fans of other clubs they feel similarly too - but as with most things football is often a reflection of wider society I think. There are definitely more drugs being used overall i reckon.

Ultimately people will always do drugs, just hope more venues make some sort of drug testing facilities available for those that need it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2022, 04:00:33 pm by RainbowFlick »
YNWA.

• old and annoying
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39 on: March 15, 2022, 06:18:55 pm »
Ultimately people will always do drugs, just hope more venues make some sort of drug testing facilities available for those that need it.

IMO the availability of drug testing facilities should be a condition of licensing for venues and festivals.