Author Topic: FIFA Series  (Read 19656 times)

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
Re: FIFA 22
« Reply #160 on: May 15, 2022, 12:47:29 am »
It's not Fifa that you get licenses for leagues etc. They just allow the fifa name and world cups. The licenses are bought separately. Ea still have theirs for a while. Be nice for them to start letting more companies have the licenses honestly.

2024 Fifa will be made by a new developer. Fifa 23 is the last from Ea, will then be EA sports FC or whatever shite name they picked. Hopefully competition will be good but I doubt it.

I'm still waiting for a footy manager game with depth but the match engines of Fifa. Its 2022 maaaan

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #161 on: May 18, 2022, 11:35:11 am »
It's not Fifa that you get licenses for leagues etc. They just allow the fifa name and world cups. The licenses are bought separately. Ea still have theirs for a while. Be nice for them to start letting more companies have the licenses honestly.

2024 Fifa will be made by a new developer. Fifa 23 is the last from Ea, will then be EA sports FC or whatever shite name they picked. Hopefully competition will be good but I doubt it.

I'm still waiting for a footy manager game with depth but the match engines of Fifa. Its 2022 maaaan
Realistically something like this has been easily possible for a very long time, it's just that it's never suited the company with the resources to achieve it to actually make it - EA.

Could easily have an FM style management sim that allows you to play the games properly.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: May 21, 2022, 12:00:07 pm »
I think it’s alright, especially as a PS Plus game.

It isn’t amazing though, lots of bugs such as advertising the game that you’re already playing as an upcoming game on career mode.

One thing I’ve noticed is that if you’re ahead and want to see the game out that you can just pass it around on the halfway line or 2 thirds inside your half and the opposition won’t really press you? Totally takes the nervy 1-0 etc out of the game a it’s easy to see the time out. I’m playing it on professional so not sure if that changes on higher difficulties but nevertheless it’s shit

Offline Believe

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: May 22, 2022, 02:31:46 pm »
Got this a while ago on Steam offer but hadn't played until recently - doing so has just made me angrier with Konami for destroying Pro Evo.

Utter, utter dogshit: probably the worst net code I have ever experienced in an online game, mediocre graphics, disjointed commentary, unrealistic physics, terrible keepers… I could go on.
An absolute dumpster fire from start to finish.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #164 on: May 23, 2022, 03:55:27 pm »
Rumours of Apple being interested in buying EA
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #165 on: May 24, 2022, 09:53:18 am »
Now that it’s free on ps plus - is it worth the massive download if I’m just going to play career mode?

Can’t really be bothered with online - in fact I haven’t played online properly since they changed the defending buttons which must be about 6-7 years or so?

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: May 24, 2022, 10:57:38 am »
Had another go over the weekend and just couldn’t get on with it. The defending especially I find really frustrating and unresponsive. I might just be rusty but I play games for fun and it just doesn’t seem fun!
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #167 on: May 24, 2022, 11:04:45 am »
Yeah it is shite. Can't throw a tackle in or anything it is weird.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #168 on: May 24, 2022, 11:05:12 am »
Had another go over the weekend and just couldn’t get on with it. The defending especially I find really frustrating and unresponsive. I might just be rusty but I play games for fun and it just doesn’t seem fun!

I would get over defending if all teams in the entire game didn't attack and play in exactly the same way. All of them. There is no variety. Tactics, formations, individual player strengths mean absolutely nothing - it's always the same way of attacking, same goals scored against you and it's played at same speed (maximum). I know most people buy this for Ultimate team, but FIFA had a very decent patch some ten years ago where playing on manuals controls against AI wasn't this terrible. Obviously they don't develop the AI because they don't have to - their money comes from kids online.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #169 on: May 24, 2022, 11:39:30 am »
Yeah its not a great game at all, I do think you need to do the skill games to get the most from it though. The last one I played was FIFA 20 and when I picked this up every time I tried to cross it was just looping straight out of play. Still baffles me that PES essentially perfected football games 15 years ago and they've got progressively worse.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: May 25, 2022, 05:25:40 am »
Only really played Ultimate Team since downloading this on ps plus but would agree with some others have said about defending. Seems to be the same goals scored over and over again when I score and when conceding. Obviously it’s designed into the game but why the fuck is there literally acres of space between the defensive line when attacking  and defending? Makes it way to easy to score and concede so doesn’t really feel like you achieved much when you score and just frustrates the fuck out of you when someone scores against you.

Offline Rosario

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: May 25, 2022, 05:34:35 am »
Yeah its not a great game at all, I do think you need to do the skill games to get the most from it though. The last one I played was FIFA 20 and when I picked this up every time I tried to cross it was just looping straight out of play. Still baffles me that PES essentially perfected football games 15 years ago and they've got progressively worse.

Yep PES in the late 00’s was the gold standard of gameplay for any football game before and since. Didn’t feel scripted or that you were playing an arcade version of a game that forces high scoring. Since then wether through tinkering or deliberately making the game worse to shout about upgrades in future titles gameplay has gone down a fast and sharp decline.

Offline Walshy nMe®

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Legend
« Reply #172 on: May 25, 2022, 08:05:49 am »
PES 4 and 5 were unreal.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #173 on: June 1, 2022, 01:47:37 pm »
I said to myself, this year, I'm not buying the new fifa because I'm tired of the same old shit. I will not give them my money. I don't player FUT, just Career Mode.

Well, I was given a 10 hour free trail so I had a dabble.

Credit where credit is due....

....they've done it again. Absolutely wank. Absolutely WANK. These fuckers making a living off this shit. It's unreal.

"Salahs in here......"

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #174 on: June 12, 2022, 06:21:07 pm »
Haha, the AI is shite.

Score a goal.

Pass back to your CB.

Stand still, facing your goal.

That's it. The AI won't tackle. If you don't move, they don't move. You might get a player approaching, but you can do a little pass you don't even have to move your players. Win a match by just passing it. I went 15 in match minutes without touching my controller

Game broken
« Last Edit: June 12, 2022, 06:23:05 pm by ToneLa »

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #175 on: June 23, 2022, 11:10:30 am »
This is on Gamepass as of today.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #176 on: June 24, 2022, 09:52:17 am »
Saw it in Tesco down to £15 and still couldn't convince myself it was worth it ;D

EDIT: See it's down to a tenner in the PS store. Still not sure.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2022, 09:55:25 am by JerseyKloppite »

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #177 on: June 24, 2022, 10:40:27 am »
It isn't worth it JK honestly!

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: June 24, 2022, 10:43:52 am »
They know they've got the market though, thats the annoyance. You can't beat playing a randomer at football over the internet and beating them, and they know how addictive FUT is. I got it free through PP and have a good team now (a load of team of the season players, a few 'shapeshifters') and haven't spent a penny on it...but have spent a bit of time, cos it is an addictive game.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: June 24, 2022, 10:48:53 am »
Can someone explain FUT to me in simple terms? I've played FIFA solidly for about 10 years, but I only play Seasons and Pro Clubs

Offline El Lobo

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: June 24, 2022, 11:04:08 am »
Can someone explain FUT to me in simple terms? I've played FIFA solidly for about 10 years, but I only play Seasons and Pro Clubs

Its basically Fantasy Football, you get 'packs' (kinda like football sticker packs) with various players of different levels, you can earn them through playing different challenges, against the computer or other teams, and obviously you can buy packs yourself for real money.

Offline KJR71

• Main Stander
  • We all live in a red and white Kop...
« Reply #181 on: June 24, 2022, 12:16:28 pm »
After upgrading to PS Extra yesterday and needing space on my hard-drive, I deleted this.  I won't re-install it at any point either, I just couldn't get into it or enjoy it.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #182 on: June 24, 2022, 12:36:11 pm »
It isn't worth it JK honestly!

I know I won't enjoy it but I miss having a football game! Still get PES 2020 out on occasion.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #183 on: June 24, 2022, 12:41:32 pm »
I know I won't enjoy it but I miss having a football game! Still get PES 2020 out on occasion.

That is the trap! Do not fall into it  ;D

Hopefully somebody else steps up in the next couple of years and makes a truly great football game.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #184 on: June 24, 2022, 12:52:37 pm »
That is the trap! Do not fall into it  ;D

Hopefully somebody else steps up in the next couple of years and makes a truly great football game.
At least soon enough there will be another option, as there will be your usual Fifa - aka EA Sports Football Club - and the new Fifa, made by some as of yet unnamed developer.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: June 25, 2022, 12:09:23 am »
Been playing it for a while now as O got it for free via PS Plus.

I don’t bunk it’s as bad as everyone makes it out to be - career mode gets boring quickly but that’s always been the case.

I think the gameplay is alright, there’s some really good aspects to it (like defensive positioning to cut out passing lanes), and some not so great stuff such as it being high on impossible to create a decent chance from a cross.

I’ve being playing seasons online and got myself into the fifth division, what’s infuriating is everyone playing as fucking PSG.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: June 25, 2022, 01:21:02 am »
It's not a bad game, it's probably the best game of football you can get at the moment, that says more about the lack of competitors that it does for the actual quality of FIFA, back in the 90s and early 2000s there were lots of different football franchises, now there's really only 2.

Offline WillG.LFC

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #187 on: June 25, 2022, 04:37:27 am »
Been playing it for a while now as O got it for free via PS Plus.

I don’t bunk it’s as bad as everyone makes it out to be - career mode gets boring quickly but that’s always been the case.

I think the gameplay is alright, there’s some really good aspects to it (like defensive positioning to cut out passing lanes), and some not so great stuff such as it being high on impossible to create a decent chance from a cross.

I’ve being playing seasons online and got myself into the fifth division, what’s infuriating is everyone playing as fucking PSG.
seasons is a pain for that, all psg. They could shake up that mode by making you have to change teams every 3 games or something

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: July 26, 2022, 01:32:26 pm »
EA have confirmed there will be no Russian League or National Team in FIFA 23.

On a completely unrelated note, they'll also be releasing "Qatar World Cup" DLC later this year...

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: July 27, 2022, 08:32:00 am »
Started playing Ultimate Team recently, have they just tried to make it as complicated as possible?

Just makes it totally unenjoyable having to fuck around with ‘consumables’ etc.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: July 27, 2022, 10:54:21 am »
Started playing Ultimate Team recently, have they just tried to make it as complicated as possible?

Just makes it totally unenjoyable having to fuck around with ‘consumables’ etc.

It's designed for Pay to Play, so it's near impossible to build a world class team without spending on points for packs.

There used to be a third party service online where you could buy coins for dirt cheap, you'd basically pay them £3-£5 and list a crap player on the transfer market for 100,000 coins, and they would buy them off you. EA quickly put a stop to it introducing "Price Ranges" on players to stop you listing 58 rated players for 100k.

Offline JasonF

• Frenkie says "Ilaix, don't do it"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Funny T-Shirts
« Reply #191 on: July 27, 2022, 12:35:55 pm »
It's designed for Pay to Play, so it's near impossible to build a world class team without spending on points for packs.

There used to be a third party service online where you could buy coins for dirt cheap, you'd basically pay them £3-£5 and list a crap player on the transfer market for 100,000 coins, and they would buy them off you. EA quickly put a stop to it introducing "Price Ranges" on players to stop you listing 58 rated players for 100k.

Not really true. I've never spent a penny on points, in fact the opposite I usually sell my coins around team of the season (sold 38m for over £600 this year).

Obviously you can't make that much without trading but anyone can easily make a couple of million just playing the game with rewards etc.

Sure they want you to spend money but you can assemble a good team just with rewards, objectives, sbcs and spending coins earned playing the game.

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: July 27, 2022, 03:47:59 pm »

I've never spent a cent on it.

Courtois
Robertson
Van Dijk
Ramos (booo)
TAA

Fabinho
Frankie De Jong
Thiago

Diaz (some shiny one rated 95)
Kane
Salah

Most are shiny and have brilliant ratings, Fabinho the lowest rated player in my side at 86.

I don't play it often, but you seem to pack better players in rewards now, probably because it's towards the end of its cycle.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: August 8, 2022, 08:20:16 am »
Going to start a PS5 RAWK Pro club if anyone is up for it?
Hey J-Mc, did you end up doing this?

Any one interested in playing a few matches once in a while?
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #194 on: August 8, 2022, 09:39:40 am »
Yeah I would be

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #195 on: August 8, 2022, 12:04:25 pm »
Yeah I would be
Grand. Sent you a pm.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline Jm55

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: August 8, 2022, 10:03:56 pm »
I’d be up for this.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #197 on: August 9, 2022, 06:52:42 am »

Never got one going on PS5, do have a club on PS4 though with a few people off here.

Offline anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #198 on: August 9, 2022, 08:33:45 am »

I'd be up for this too
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline Hendollama

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: August 9, 2022, 09:17:10 am »