Author Topic: The Boys  (Read 54112 times)

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: The Boys
« Reply #200 on: September 9, 2020, 10:23:46 pm »
Oh I know they're releasing it bit by bit, I just don't understand why.
Assume to keep the show trending a bit more. Releasing it all in a day only allows a week or so of interest.
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #201 on: September 9, 2020, 10:53:00 pm »
I've seen no complaints on Twitter about the changes a lot of people shocked by the last scene in the 3rd one I think a lot of people liked her then suddenly the reveal.

I'm not to sure if they have changed her much apart from her sex of course she still seems to be a Nazi if you look closely her belt buckle is the Nazi Eagle, and she seems to be wearing dagger SS earrings and I bet there is something on her arm clasps

Yeah I think her not being a full blown racist can be put to bed after Ep3.

I'm hoping we get to see inside the place she lays her head,maybe Homeland breaks in for a sniff  ;D
« Last Edit: September 9, 2020, 10:55:25 pm by WhereAngelsPlay »
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
« Reply #202 on: September 11, 2020, 03:19:49 pm »
"new episodes friday!!"

Release 1 episode.

I dunno why it's annoying me so much they're releasing it bit by bit on a streaming service.

Offline Garrus

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #203 on: September 11, 2020, 03:52:38 pm »
Yeah, super annoying.

Waiting until the week before the last episode to watch season 1 again and then catch up on this season.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #204 on: September 11, 2020, 06:55:24 pm »
"new episodes friday!!"

Release 1 episode.

I dunno why it's annoying me so much they're releasing it bit by bit on a streaming service.
They sold us on the binge, and then took it away. I hope it's because of covid for whatever reason and not a permanent change.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #205 on: September 11, 2020, 07:25:20 pm »
Loved the latest one.

The thing they are managing here is the characters. Most super hero films are about explosions and fights and bollocks.

This really makes you care.

I even care about Homelander. Totally relate to him (Though massively disagree with his shit)

That batshit crazy dickhead woman as well :lmao
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #206 on: September 11, 2020, 09:44:09 pm »
They sold us on the binge, and then took it away. I hope it's because of covid for whatever reason and not a permanent change.

One of the main reasons is money, A Netflix exec said a few months ago they may start doing similar with big shows because people will subscribe mainly for that one show then watch it and not renew the following month. This way they drag it out and probably get a person to subscribe for 2 months instead of just the one.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #207 on: September 11, 2020, 10:54:38 pm »
One of the main reasons is money, A Netflix exec said a few months ago they may start doing similar with big shows because people will subscribe mainly for that one show then watch it and not renew the following month. This way they drag it out and probably get a person to subscribe for 2 months instead of just the one.

Good thing everyone cut the cord.
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #208 on: September 11, 2020, 11:02:42 pm »

Meanwhile you completely piss off your current subscriber base.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #209 on: September 12, 2020, 04:50:30 am »
People crying about them releasing an episode each week.

How old are you? Fucking 10?

:lmao

I'm loving the slow release idea - takes you back to when you used to watch stuff and looked forward to new episodes.

The modern viewer really does seem like an impatient gobshite thesedays.

Don't want to wait? Wait for them to finish all the releases and then watch them all and stop crying.

They did the same with Better Call Saul and it set up a TV night for me and the missus and we loved it - loving this too - not often thesedays you get to savour and enjoy the expectation of the next episode and look forward to it. I hope they carry it on with other things.

Really is incredible the attention span and the NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW (Stamps feet) NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW (Cries) NOW NOW NOW demand of the Karens.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Something Worse

• Master of prehistoric and fantasy creature-based onomatopoeia
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #210 on: September 12, 2020, 05:17:06 am »

I'm loving the slow release idea - takes you back to when you used to watch stuff and looked forward to new episodes.

Don't want to wait? Wait for them to finish all the releases and then watch them all and stop crying.

They did the same with Better Call Saul and it set up a TV night for me and the missus and we loved it - loving this too - not often thesedays you get to savour and enjoy the expectation of the next episode and look forward to it. I hope they carry it on with other things.

Really is incredible the attention span and the NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW (Stamps feet) NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW NOW (Cries) NOW NOW NOW demand of the Karens.

Ok boomer
Maybe the group, led by your leadership, will see these drafts as PR functions and brilliant use of humor

Hey Claus, fuck off.

Offline The Bournemouth Red

• 43 year old Muppet fan and proud. I decide. And so does my wife!
  • Legacy Fan
  • 6 times and counting
« Reply #211 on: September 12, 2020, 05:28:34 am »

It also means everyone watching is in the same place, so lessens the chance of spoilers from those who have binged the lot.
Falling down, getting up, always Red.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #212 on: September 12, 2020, 07:35:00 am »
Loved the latest one and the backstories.

Odd how quickly they have made you feel so uneasy just watching someone drinking milk.

I love the weekly released HBO max are almost doing the same with raised by Wolves but releasing 2 a week not one.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #213 on: September 12, 2020, 07:58:58 am »
The latest episode was boss, Antony Starr is a brilliant actor and was on top form in that episode.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 08:34:30 am by kloppagetime »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #214 on: September 12, 2020, 09:33:03 am »
It also means everyone watching is in the same place, so lessens the chance of spoilers from those who have binged the lot.

Yep absolutely.

Really loving it. Honestly hope this becomes the thing and stops me (And others) madly binging otherwise :D

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #215 on: September 12, 2020, 11:28:26 am »
I love one episode a week. Its why I prefer British dramas. Series less than 10 episodes, 1 episode a week. Thats what they should all be.

Online Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #216 on: September 12, 2020, 11:51:37 am »
I wonder when Black Noir finally removes his mask it will be a cameo by Ryan Reynolds or Tom Cruise or something

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #217 on: September 12, 2020, 04:32:09 pm »
The latest episode was boss, Antony Starr is a brilliant actor and was on top form in that episode.
He needs more scenes with Stormfront. The actress playing her is brilliant. Sassy with just the right amount of sexyness to her. That look she gave Homeland when he went off the rails at her made me laugh out loud. And that scene with Homelander where
Spoiler
he's with Doppelganger posing as Stillwell in the cabin was just creepy as fuck. Especially when he turned into Homelander and I thought he was going to suck him off.
[close]
A scene like that would have happened in the comic, but here the writers know when to reign it in with the whatthefuckery.

I wonder when Terror is going to show up. He was in the trailers.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2020, 04:34:12 pm by Macphisto80 »

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #218 on: September 12, 2020, 09:51:09 pm »
2 episodes into the new season and loving it.

Wow Stormfront is a horror.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2020, 08:41:01 pm by AndyMuller »

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #219 on: September 14, 2020, 08:16:30 pm »
Mate told me about this, said its worth a watch...  8)
so do i start with series 1 from begining or jump in at series 2.. 3 .. ?   :lickin
what do you suggest.. thanks ..  :wave
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #220 on: September 14, 2020, 08:29:18 pm »
so do i start with series 1 from begining or jump in at series 2.. 3 .. ?   :lickin

I think you should watch it backwards,start with S2 Ep4 and end at S1 Ep1.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #221 on: September 14, 2020, 08:40:25 pm »

;D

I’ve always found that such a pointless question. Why would you not start a new series from the first episode?!  ;D

Offline Henry Gale

• Margot Robbie Stalker
  • Legacy Fan
  • My name is Henry Gale. I'm from Minnesota.
« Reply #222 on: September 14, 2020, 08:48:05 pm »

:lmao :lmao

That made me laugh far more than it should have done.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #223 on: September 14, 2020, 08:52:00 pm »

Just watch it on random.

Offline Mumm-Ra

• Dunking Heretic. Mexican drug runner. Can go whistle for a pair of decent trainees! Your own personal cheese. Yes.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #224 on: September 14, 2020, 09:18:29 pm »

What a remarkably bellendish way to express yourself.

Offline Chakan

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #225 on: September 14, 2020, 09:40:14 pm »
What a remarkably bellendish way to express yourself.

Well when you consider the poster, it's not really that remarkable.

Offline Brian Blessed

• Gordon's ALIVE? Practically Bear Grylls. Backwards Bluesman Bastard.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Feedback Tourist #4
« Reply #226 on: September 14, 2020, 10:30:10 pm »

You are fucking diabolical.
Anyone else being strangely drawn to Dion Dublin's nipples?

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #227 on: September 15, 2020, 12:29:32 am »
You are fucking diabolical.

You wouldn't say no,she's got an hourglass figure.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #228 on: September 15, 2020, 12:51:00 pm »
Homelander and his son on the roof  :lmao :lmao :lmao
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline hixxstar

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dont Worry I'm From The Internet
« Reply #229 on: September 15, 2020, 10:54:37 pm »
I’ve always found that such a pointless question. Why would you not start a new series from the first episode?;D

I asked because if it a continuation, then start from S01- Ep 01...
but if it's just random episodes and first or second season not worth a look.. saves me watchin loads & jump to the good bits.. ;)

i think i'll watch it backwards,start with S2 Ep4 and end at S1 Ep1...  :lickin
Shanks on Leaving Liverpool FC

"It was the most difficult thing in the world, when I went to tell the chairman........ It was like walking to the electric chair.... That's the way it felt."

Online Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #230 on: September 16, 2020, 06:55:00 am »
I asked because if it a continuation, then start from S01- Ep 01...
but if it's just random episodes and first or second season not worth a look.. saves me watchin loads & jump to the good bits.. ;)

i think i'll watch it backwards,start with S2 Ep4 and end at S1 Ep1...  :lickin

Every bit is a good bit to be honest mate. Its one of the best things Ive ever watched. Had it on my watchlist for ages and then regretted not watching it sooner when I finally saw it.
I bet you will be hooked within 15 minutes of episode 1.

Offline Sir Psycho Sexy

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #231 on: September 16, 2020, 06:59:30 pm »
just caught up with this. really enjoying it, and probably more funny than a lot of comedies out there
I would honestly let Wijnaldum jizz in my face right now

Online Trada

• Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #232 on: September 17, 2020, 06:25:55 am »
Thats strange after the last one I thought I would give Billy Joel's "we didn't start the fire" a listen haven't listen to the full song for years.

And very odd and must be a coincidence this is the album the song is from.

Offline PROPER crazyemlyn72

• is Android
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #233 on: September 17, 2020, 06:28:03 pm »
Storm front! Great spot.

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #234 on: September 17, 2020, 10:55:04 pm »

Reverse your comments for a moment though, there would be nothing stopping them from releasing it all at once and you still watching an episode a week, the crucial difference being that in that scenario both single ep fans and bingers would be catered too.

It certainly doesn't seemed to have got people talking more about the show more, other than articles mentioning people review-bombing the show over the decision.

While, there is nothing inherently wrong with releasing an ep a week with a show, it is clearly the switch of schedule from S1 to S2 that has annoyed many people. The only show that has been an ep a week from the outset that has annoyed me was the mandalorian, that was because the UK got it months later and they still insisted on sticking to the weekly schedule.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #235 on: September 18, 2020, 12:12:47 am »
Thats strange after the last one I thought I would give Billy Joel's "we didn't start the fire" a listen haven't listen to the full song for years.

And very odd and must be a coincidence this is the album the song is from.

Just a coincidence, though.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #236 on: September 18, 2020, 02:20:31 am »
Funny you should mention Billy Joel, because ever since Hughie listens to 'You're Only Human' on this I've had it stuck in my head for fucking days!
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #237 on: September 18, 2020, 02:52:42 pm »
Reverse your comments for a moment though, there would be nothing stopping them from releasing it all at once and you still watching an episode a week, the crucial difference being that in that scenario both single ep fans and bingers would be catered too.

It certainly doesn't seemed to have got people talking more about the show more, other than articles mentioning people review-bombing the show over the decision.

While, there is nothing inherently wrong with releasing an ep a week with a show, it is clearly the switch of schedule from S1 to S2 that has annoyed many people. The only show that has been an ep a week from the outset that has annoyed me was the mandalorian, that was because the UK got it months later and they still insisted on sticking to the weekly schedule.

It's just too good. I intended to watch the Umbrella Corp one at a time and savour it and when you're a couple in, you end up binging the lot.

Especially in these times when you're stuck in the house most of the time.

I would think a lot of it is age difference. When I was a kid, there were three channels and you had to always wait a week (or more!) between episodes on most series. And that was the thing then - everyone watched the same thing - everyone waited - there were no spoilers and no way to spoil.

Wonderful times.

Still loving this single release - something to look forward to every Friday and in these times being able to look forward to anything is brilliant for me.

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #238 on: September 18, 2020, 05:11:40 pm »
The most unrealistic thing about this show is that a twentysomething bloke would listen to Billy Joel. Superheroes created by a nefarious corporation I'm totally on board with. But Billy Joel stretches credulity beyond breaking point.

I laughed my arse off at Doppelganger offering to suck Homelander off and Homelander seriously considering it. Antony Starr is doing fantastic work here, just like he did in Banshee.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Online AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #239 on: September 18, 2020, 09:21:47 pm »
Fucking hell the latest episode is all kinds of fucked up. I can’t stand Stormfront.