Author Topic: CyberPunk 2077  (Read 46831 times)

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
Re: CyberPunk 2077
« Reply #40 on: August 2, 2019, 06:09:30 pm »
No matter how much you whack down, the base game will be exactly the same with no in-game benefits for those who spend more on an expensive edition - an approach I really commend

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #41 on: August 4, 2019, 09:06:55 am »
No matter how much you whack down, the base game will be exactly the same with no in-game benefits for those who spend more on an expensive edition - an approach I really commend
It’s sad that we as gamers have to commend developers for doing this. It should be the norm, but sadly the opposite is true.
Despite promising myself not to get hyped by this, I’m getting more and more hyped by the week.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #42 on: August 4, 2019, 11:42:11 am »
It’s sad that we as gamers have to commend developers for doing this. It should be the norm, but sadly the opposite is true.
Despite promising myself not to get hyped by this, I’m getting more and more hyped by the week.

Aye. I'm sold on the setting and track record alone (never quite got into Witcher 3) but stuff like this - such a reputable, powerful studio refusing the world of gouging for content and microtransactions - is just the way to do it, the right way, the only way. That alone earns my interest

Does help the game itself looks amazing :D

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #43 on: August 4, 2019, 06:05:47 pm »

Yeah, I'm trying to keep my hopes in check for this and Dying Light 2.  Failing miserably.

Offline Kashinoda

• More broken biscuits than made of crisps
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #44 on: August 4, 2019, 07:03:17 pm »

It's all a bit wank.

Some of the big publishers even make it a thing on their conferences and expect applause; then go on to backtrack anyway.

They're constantly trying to top their profits and will eventually reach critical mass, live service can do one.
:D

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #45 on: August 31, 2019, 08:33:43 am »
There's a 15 min gameplay vid knocking about on YT , some parts look really good some look a bit meh..
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #46 on: August 31, 2019, 11:59:22 am »
Loving the look of it.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #47 on: September 1, 2019, 07:38:27 pm »
There's a 15 min gameplay vid knocking about on YT , some parts look really good some look a bit meh..

If it's the one I've seen it's the ol E3(?) one journos got behind closed doors, and while it looks generally boss, I want this for the open world nature of it; that gameplay was guided and storyline and basically not what they showed there

I just want this to be a game I can wander, and gawp at the city at, talk shit to people.... Cyberpunk Morrowind

I think it'll be, based on Witcher 3, a bit more focused yet still very "open", but I really don't want this to be too on-rails

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #48 on: September 2, 2019, 06:26:49 pm »
If it's the one I've seen it's the ol E3(?) one journos got behind closed doors, and while it looks generally boss, I want this for the open world nature of it; that gameplay was guided and storyline and basically not what they showed there

I just want this to be a game I can wander, and gawp at the city at, talk shit to people.... Cyberpunk Morrowind

I think it'll be, based on Witcher 3, a bit more focused yet still very "open", but I really don't want this to be too on-rails

Yeah it's called deep dive , playing on two different builds, basically as a tank or as rogue type, Looks in parts like the last Deus Ex game.
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #49 on: June 18, 2020, 05:05:59 pm »
Delayed to November.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #50 on: June 18, 2020, 05:50:11 pm »
Delayed to November.

Gutted but they’ve done it for the right reasons.

Tempted to cancel my PS4 pre-order and just get the PS5 version now.

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #51 on: June 18, 2020, 06:10:14 pm »
Gutted but they’ve done it for the right reasons.

Tempted to cancel my PS4 pre-order and just get the PS5 version now.

Yeah just made my decision easier aswell. Will be getting it for the PS5.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #52 on: June 25, 2020, 05:20:50 pm »
Nightwire is on now, shown off a new trailer and just shown a new gameplay mechanic where you go into someones memory through their implants and relieve scenarios, to figure out what’s happened. Called Braindance.

The example it shows is someone robbing a store and getting shot on the way out, you have to go back in and analyse the memory to figure out who the shooter was.

Reminds me of detective mode in the Arkham games.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #54 on: June 25, 2020, 06:24:12 pm »
Every article saying that the first 4 hours of the game is only the prologue! :o

All saying it’s incredible though, and that the build they’ve played isn’t the final build either.

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #55 on: June 25, 2020, 07:20:05 pm »
Digital Foundry's vid :)

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/w9-n3_xZnfY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/w9-n3_xZnfY</a>

Offline Snail

• Disgusted by you. Snail murdering S h e e p. Ms Soppy Twat Potty Mouth. The Annabel Chong of RAWK's X-Factor. Likes giving Sir Cliff of Richard one.
  • Legacy Fan
  • How are we
« Reply #56 on: June 25, 2020, 07:31:26 pm »
It looks absolutely incredible.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #57 on: June 25, 2020, 08:35:08 pm »
Seems to be a fair bit of backlash about it on twatter.

People saying it looks boring and there’s nothing new in there that is interesting them. Barely saw anyone say it looks great.

Personally can’t wait for it, i’m incredibly hyped.

Offline AndyMuller

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #58 on: June 25, 2020, 08:57:30 pm »
Seems to be a fair bit of backlash about it on twatter.

People saying it looks boring and there’s nothing new in there that is interesting them. Barely saw anyone say it looks great.

Personally can’t wait for it, i’m incredibly hyped.

Gamers are fucking moaning bastards, especially the ones on twitter and reddit. Not happy with fucking anything are they? I don’t envy these developers who spend years making a game for nerds to be crying over it on twitter.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #59 on: June 26, 2020, 11:11:28 am »
Good quality unedited footage without commentary

https://youtu.be/lPTxQhvGo_Q

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2020, 01:12:15 pm »
I'm trying to avoid watching too much of this game. Kinda want to go in open minded, but obviously visually it's looking good. Can't wait to see how it plays as opposed to Witcher series which I'm a big fan of. I get Beth vibes but that's just because of the first person perspective.

Be interesting to see how it runs across all the different platforms (there's a lot!)
« Last Edit: June 26, 2020, 01:13:59 pm by naYoRHa2b »

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #61 on: June 26, 2020, 02:07:03 pm »
I've watched bits but you know, I think I'm sold on it. Day one purchase. Might swerve everything else as I want it to be a surprise  :)

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #62 on: June 26, 2020, 02:09:24 pm »
I'm trying to avoid watching too much of this game. Kinda want to go in open minded, but obviously visually it's looking good. Can't wait to see how it plays as opposed to Witcher series which I'm a big fan of. I get Beth vibes but that's just because of the first person perspective.

Be interesting to see how it runs across all the different platforms (there's a lot!)

All the recent trailers are just from the prologue btw
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #63 on: June 26, 2020, 02:57:16 pm »
Was going to hold off on a PS5 but might get one early on just for this. Looks brilliant and just the sort of city / story I’d be happy spending a lot of time in.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline Zeb

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice.
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2020, 12:46:16 am »
So if I start living on beans now, I might just be able to afford the rig I suspect I'll want-need. Looks stunning from the bits I've seen so far. Wonder if there'll be a ghost in the machine if they're leaning that heavily into Gibson's work.
"And the voices of the standing Kop still whispering in the wind will salute the wee Scots redman and he will still walk on.
And your money will have bought you nothing."

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2020, 08:27:00 am »
So if I start living on beans now, I might just be able to afford the rig I suspect I'll want-need. Looks stunning from the bits I've seen so far. Wonder if there'll be a ghost in the machine if they're leaning that heavily into Gibson's work.

Probably best off buying a PS5 / XBOX Series X, you'll probably have to spend 2.5x that to get the same PC performance.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #66 on: June 27, 2020, 09:15:20 am »

While Gibson's Neuromancer did indeed basically invent the concept of cyberpunk and rogue AIs, I *think* the original pen n paper has rogue AIs as well and I'd expect to see one / some in this game

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #67 on: June 27, 2020, 10:35:24 am »

Johnny Silverhands (Keanu) is meant to be in your imagination in the game, so could be that he tries fucking with your head? Sort of like a Fight Club scenario?

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #68 on: June 28, 2020, 01:31:12 am »
Probably best off buying a PS5 / XBOX Series X, you'll probably have to spend 2.5x that to get the same PC performance.

Unless he's starting from scratch, I doubt that.  The demo (so, obviously maxed out for display purposes) was reportedly running on a 1080ti at 4K/30fps.  Personally, unless CDPR have really fucked up the optimisation, I don't feel that it's going to be half as heavy on system requirements as some people seem to think given that it's a REDengine derivative. 

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #69 on: June 28, 2020, 01:58:26 am »
Unless he's starting from scratch, I doubt that.  The demo (so, obviously maxed out for display purposes) was reportedly running on a 1080ti at 4K/30fps.  Personally, unless CDPR have really fucked up the optimisation, I don't feel that it's going to be half as heavy on system requirements as some people seem to think given that it's a REDengine derivative. 

Where did you get that info from? Everyone who's playtested it has done so with either GeForce Now or a 2080TI, and that's at 1080P. With some ray-tracing features enabled and DLSS turned on the game isn't 60FPS solid at 1080p:
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-preview-ran-at-1080p-with-dlss-2-0-enabled-on-an-rtx-2080ti-powered-pc/

The footage Digital Foundry were analysing had ray tracing off and was only 30FPS at 4K, I assume using a 2080TI too. Likewise the latest 'Gig' trailer.

Unless they have some unreal optimisations by November this game is going to be a beast.

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #70 on: June 28, 2020, 09:53:39 am »
I thought I read that all these latest playtests were streamed to the journos?

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #71 on: June 28, 2020, 11:00:11 am »
I thought I read that all these latest playtests were streamed to the journos?
Correct.

There was a demo at E3 last year though, not sure what it was running on.

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #72 on: June 28, 2020, 11:24:15 am »
With RT+DLSS, but of course if they’re confident enough to showcase their game in DLSS, I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to play that way. 1080Ti might not even be as good as the upcoming 3060 so you could get good visuals and performance from a mid range GPU
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #73 on: June 28, 2020, 04:34:59 pm »
I'll be saving up for a new TV, new Xbox and this game come Christmas. Will angle for "home office" first weeks of the new year ;D
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #74 on: June 28, 2020, 09:11:41 pm »
Correct.

There was a demo at E3 last year though, not sure what it was running on.

Not correct, in Germany they went to play it in person and noted the specs - it's in the article posted above.

Offline GiorgosCarraGoonies

• Kopite
« Reply #75 on: June 28, 2020, 09:15:24 pm »
Not correct, in Germany they went to play it in person and noted the specs - it's in the article posted above.
Ah fair enough, didn't realise that.  I've watched a load of reaction videos on it but they're all Americans!  (well, based in America)

Sent from my XQ-AT51 using Tapatalk

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #76 on: June 28, 2020, 09:27:37 pm »
I'm not bashing the game, it's hopefully going to be a truely 'next-gen' experience.

I think the move to November is telling, both for a longer optimisation period and to coincide with both XBox SX and PS5 releases.

I have a 2070 SUPER with an ultrawide 3440x1440 display, hoping to run at 60FPS with reasonable settings (without ray-tracing). Hopefully their DLSS 2.0 implemtnation is good, I have a lovely 4K TV so I expect 1440P as a base for DLSS running at 4K, fingers crossed.

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #77 on: June 28, 2020, 09:35:33 pm »
Which tv you got, mate?
I have no idea what I’m taking about

Offline Kashinoda

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ....mmm
« Reply #78 on: June 28, 2020, 09:40:34 pm »
Which tv you got, mate?

Samsung QLED Q80R 65'
https://www.rtings.com/tv/reviews/samsung/q80-q80r-qled

Talked myself out of OLED due to potential burn in but the picture on this is absoutely fantastic anyway.

Offline Darren G

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #79 on: June 29, 2020, 03:06:59 am »
Where did you get that info from? Everyone who's playtested it has done so with either GeForce Now or a 2080TI, and that's at 1080P. With some ray-tracing features enabled and DLSS turned on the game isn't 60FPS solid at 1080p:
https://wccftech.com/cyberpunk-2077-preview-ran-at-1080p-with-dlss-2-0-enabled-on-an-rtx-2080ti-powered-pc/

The footage Digital Foundry were analysing had ray tracing off and was only 30FPS at 4K, I assume using a 2080TI too. Likewise the latest 'Gig' trailer.

Unless they have some unreal optimisations by November this game is going to be a beast.

An old article, which it appears now was a mistake on the part of the authors.  It now appears that it was actually a 1080p/30fps locked with the 1080ti:   https://www.pcgamesn.com/cyberpunk-2077-1080p-nvidia-gtx-1080-ti.  Given that - as mentioned in the article - it still runs better than Deus Ex on the same hardware I still don't think that it will be breaking any new ground in terms of system requirements or be any harder than say RED Dead 2 on people's systems. 

Also, you're making a comparison between console and pc performance in your initial post, but CDPR themselves have said that the PC version will look better on PC, so it's somewhat of an apples and oranges comparison when discussing DF's video.  I honesty don't expect that the PC version will require monster hardware to achieve console level visuals. The PS5/Xbox SX versions are not going to be complete new builds, but will simply be patched versions of the current gen Sony/Microsoft versions, so I think that the game will run fine on mid-level PC hardware at console level visuals/performance, especially (as mentioned by one of the other lads) given the expected power of Nvidia's next line of cards.  It's all somewhat speculative on both our parts to be honest and we'll find out soon enough I guess.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 04:42:06 am by Darren G »