Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210419 times)

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #2480 on: May 12, 2022, 08:50:44 am »
It`s better than telly.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #2481 on: May 12, 2022, 09:47:03 am »
https://spliced.org/x.php/https://archive.org/details/duke-nukem-forever-2001-leak

this theme cover is amazing

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OLk1hwiKurY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OLk1hwiKurY</a>

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #2482 on: May 12, 2022, 08:36:32 pm »
Feeling decidedly underwhelmed by Nintendo Switch Sports so far. Wii Sports was so addictive at the time. Remember the sweat pouring off me and getting rsi playing boxing and tennis so much. This version seems worse. Going to give it more time and see if there's better depth to come.
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Online meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
« Reply #2483 on: May 15, 2022, 10:53:50 am »
Brian Laras cricket on the megadrive

Offline Dench57

• Self-confessed tit. Can't sit still. She's got the hippy hippy crack.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2484 on: May 21, 2022, 01:56:48 pm »
Got back into playing quite a bit of Halo Infinite online with friends the last few weeks. Apparently the player base has dropped from something like 250k on release to around 8k now. Does feel like 343 Studios have gradually killed off the franchise with their ineptitude over the last 3 releases, when you think back to the juggernaut that was Halo 3. Completely eclipsed by COD and Apex. Wonder if things would've been different for Halo if Bungie had stayed at the helm. It's frustrating for fans of the game because Infinite plays wonderfully, I have a blast playing it competitively. There was a genuine chance to re-invigorate this franchise with the launch of this game, and the playerbase was there. But it's 8 months after release and they still haven't added basic features that were in at launch in any Bungie title - Forge mode, a working Theater mode, co-op campaign, iconic game types like Doubles, Slayer, Lone Wolf. They're releasing 1 new map every "Season" apparently which is like...1 every 8 months. There should've been twice as many maps from the start! And if they just added Forge the community would make the maps for them!

I'm not sure how a game studio so consistently get things so wrong, especially when it's clear a lot of thought and work went into the gameplay itself and the existing maps. Just a staggering lack of content and features, not to mention the ongoing bugs, network issues (EU players regularly handicapped by playing on US servers). I didn't really play it but apparently Halo 5 was the same, it took them 2 years to finally add things that should've been on release. The only reason I can think for their repeated ball-dropping is that it's just a low priority for them, and they basically have a skeleton crew working on updating/adding content. Thank you for listening to my very interesting Halo rant.
Loving Everton's business this summer. Here's an early call - they finish above Liverpool this season.
- Richard Keys (@richardajkeys) July 9, 2017

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2485 on: May 21, 2022, 02:05:14 pm »
Teardown, to smash up a Russian city in a workshop mod IN THE NAME OF UKRAINE

Hit Man the Third

Might give Death Stranding: Thom Yorke Future Amazon Deliveryman Simulator a try

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2486 on: May 21, 2022, 02:35:33 pm »
jurassic world evolution 2

only ever seen 1 film and didn't like it much but these games are alright. as with any of these sort of games they're generally quite chilled and can be played while doing other things.

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2487 on: May 21, 2022, 04:38:08 pm »
jurassic world evolution 2

only ever seen 1 film and didn't like it much but these games are alright. as with any of these sort of games they're generally quite chilled and can be played while doing other things.

After Elden Ring I need a bit of chill, I downloaded it from it gamepass, looks kinda fun.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2022, 09:42:13 am by Hedley Lamarr »

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2488 on: May 30, 2022, 05:09:12 pm »
Kicked off Guardians of the Galaxy on the PS5 today and it's been good silly fun. Trying to keep involved in the story and to sink into it a little, and so far it's going nicely. Hope they expand the playlist at some point though, would be a bit let down if it remains this small a number of tracks

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2489 on: May 31, 2022, 05:11:43 pm »
Just started Horizon Forbidden West, enjoying it so far

Online Ed-Zeppelin

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2490 on: June 2, 2022, 12:13:04 pm »
Kicked off Guardians of the Galaxy on the PS5 today and it's been good silly fun. Trying to keep involved in the story and to sink into it a little, and so far it's going nicely. Hope they expand the playlist at some point though, would be a bit let down if it remains this small a number of tracks

I finished GotG this morning, first game I’ve finished in months and I blasted through it in days. Really good fun throughout, nothing too game changing or clever but well written, fun and a good range or characters and battles to keep things fresh.

Onto Halo Infinite next and Outer Wilds as I’m finally back on the Xbox and making use of Gamepass again after a spell on the PS5. Am looking forward to giving AC Origins a go too as it’s coming to Gamepass soon with the 60fps update for Series X.
"We come here for the winning!"

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2491 on: June 4, 2022, 09:52:42 pm »
I finished GotG this morning, first game I’ve finished in months and I blasted through it in days. Really good fun throughout, nothing too game changing or clever but well written, fun and a good range or characters and battles to keep things fresh.

Same here mate. Was pleased to see the playlist expand as the game went on. Have actually ended up getting the platinum trophy for it this eve (not something I usually seek out, but was close after completing it). Really fun game to just dive into for a week, when wanting a pleasant distraction

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2492 on: June 7, 2022, 12:07:29 pm »
Playing Returnal at the moment, only really just started and can't decide how I feel about it yet.  The game itself feels small at the moment, but I know there's loads more to come.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2493 on: June 7, 2022, 12:14:42 pm »
Having not played an Assasins Creed game since the first one on PS3, I got the Odyssey just to waste some time roaming around in a nice world. It does that fairly well. Obviously a bit of a culture shock after Elden Ring, especially in combat, but it's not all bad. A strange 'am I or am I not and RPG' vibe to it. I'm not that interested in the story, pretty much spending my time exploring and upgrading stuff. World map looks massive and it'll take a shitload of time to even see most of it, let alone complete most quests/objectives. I guess my favourite thing is surveying a big fort or encampment and making my way through it quietly. Also finding a dark spot to stack about dozen dead bodies is fun. AI is a joke on normal, may have to fiddle with settings to get the balance of difficulty right.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #2494 on: June 7, 2022, 08:33:18 pm »
Playing Rimworld again with loads of mods and it's such a great little game by a small team (and I think it started out as a one-man project). So much fun to play and no need for shiny new graphics or bombastic storylines, you create your own story.

And in a similar vein I've just seen that Introversion, the guys who did Prison Architect, have new game in devlopment called "The Last Starship". It looks really promising and they have a Steam playtest you can apply for. You get to play and early version of the game (not even an Alpha version yet) and give them feedback (available here: https://store.steampowered.com/app/1857080/The_Last_Starship/). I would imagine that they'll start with Early Access later this year.

Looks like it could become a quite fun little game and those guys deserve the support in my view, because their Prison Architect Early Access was done in the right way and is one of the best examples I can think of, how it should be done. Monthly updates with fun little videos where they explained what they were doing, what's new and loads of other fun little ramblings that had nothing to do with the game. They've done a little video about the game, what's already there and what their plans are.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6a3vn4q3gsM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6a3vn4q3gsM</a>

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #2495 on: June 7, 2022, 11:37:06 pm »
Gears 5 multiplayer. I’m shite. I was top 10 in the world for Warzone on Gears 2 when I was a teenager but it seems like muscle memory doesn’t carry that far.

It’s fun but frustratingly inconsistent - as Gears often has been - I’m just rubbish.

Gears 4’s online was brilliantly balanced and playable but barely anyone played it.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Malaysian Kopite

• Feels shivers when he looks a Trquarista's...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2496 on: June 8, 2022, 08:11:15 am »
I'm still trying to finish Elden Ring but I've been playin g quite a bit of OG FF7 with a ton of mods and just got started on Silent Hill 2 Enhanced Edition
Football without fans is nothing.

We've won 18 titles, 5 European Cups, 7 FA Cups, but today must be the greatest victory of all.

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2497 on: June 8, 2022, 07:51:15 pm »
Assassins Creed Origins off Game Pass
Wolfenstein 2
Forza Motorsport 7

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2498 on: June 9, 2022, 11:01:40 am »

Wolfenstein 2

New Colossus?

How far you in?

One of the most bizarre but memorable and totally fucking epic cut scenes I've ever seen in a game.  Its right near the end and features Anya.  That's all I'm saying :)

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2499 on: June 9, 2022, 07:53:10 pm »
New Colossus?

How far you in?

One of the most bizarre but memorable and totally fucking epic cut scenes I've ever seen in a game.  Its right near the end and features Anya.  That's all I'm saying :)
I'm at Roswell, in the town undercover.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2500 on: June 12, 2022, 01:15:08 pm »
Playing Returnal at the moment, only really just started and can't decide how I feel about it yet.  The game itself feels small at the moment, but I know there's loads more to come.

Fuck me this game is TOUGH.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2501 on: June 12, 2022, 01:34:16 pm »
I'm at Roswell, in the town undercover.

Ooh a way to go yet. Enjoy the next chapter. Let us know how it goes :)

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2502 on: June 12, 2022, 01:54:42 pm »
Old World with mods

Civ 4 designer

it's very moreish

Offline Crimson

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2503 on: June 12, 2022, 04:17:16 pm »
Installed Battlefield 2042 again now that they've added a new map, made it a bit less cringy and done some other tweaks. It's actually fun now. Though, the new map will get old pretty fast if they don't build on it.
I have no idea what I’m taking about

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2504 on: June 12, 2022, 09:15:20 pm »
Installed Battlefield 2042 again now that they've added a new map, made it a bit less cringy and done some other tweaks. It's actually fun now. Though, the new map will get old pretty fast if they don't build on it.
Still not for me, tried it using the 10 hour trial on EA Play, and I can't get along with the hero shooter bullshit, it's the one thing that should never be in a Battlefield game, just do a remake of Battlefield 3 for current hardware, imagine 64 players a side on Operation Metro Rush or Conquest, it'd be amazing chaos.

Offline JerseyKloppite

• HE'S THE DADDY!!! Staff Room Gimp. Very excited, but cheapened, mail order scam victim with bling headphones. Lovespuds. Jaqen H'ghar, the Mod without a Face.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Exiled to Formby
« Reply #2505 on: June 13, 2022, 10:12:31 am »
Playing through the new Kirby game. It's good fun.

Online AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2506 on: June 13, 2022, 11:26:50 am »
Still on Hades. Got 1 more run to complete the main quest, it is so addictive.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2507 on: June 17, 2022, 07:21:41 am »
Forza Horizon 5 is a treat
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2508 on: June 17, 2022, 05:00:56 pm »
Still not for me, tried it using the 10 hour trial on EA Play, and I can't get along with the hero shooter bullshit, it's the one thing that should never be in a Battlefield game, just do a remake of Battlefield 3 for current hardware, imagine 64 players a side on Operation Metro Rush or Conquest, it'd be amazing chaos.

Nor me.  This isn't Battlefield, I don't know what it is.

I actually think they've managed to kill Battlefield as a franchise.  Properly killed it.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #2509 on: June 17, 2022, 05:14:47 pm »
Like the look of Evil West.  Gameplay footage out now.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #2510 on: June 17, 2022, 05:21:26 pm »
TMNT Shredder's Revenge on Gamepass. Good old-school button-mashing fun.
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Online voodoo ray

• Bng-bng, BNG-BNG-BNG, bng-bng, bng-bng.....Ooooh OOOOH ooooooooh AAAAAHHHHH ah-hah, yeah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2511 on: June 17, 2022, 05:22:53 pm »

I enjoyed playing it. Though the cross country races seemed much more annoying than they were in 4

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2512 on: June 17, 2022, 05:24:33 pm »
I can't stick the whole presentation of the Horizon games, all the cringe voice overs and cut scenes etc, can't fault the driving, but the former just makes me switch off, I still play Motorsport 6 and 7 as they're phenomenal driving games.

Online voodoo ray

• Legacy Fan
  • feck off
« Reply #2513 on: June 17, 2022, 05:29:41 pm »
I can't stick the whole presentation of the Horizon games, all the cringe voice overs and cut scenes etc, can't fault the driving, but the former just makes me switch off, I still play Motorsport 6 and 7 as they're phenomenal driving games.

I can understand why some might not like it, but it fits. They're not racing games, they're not really even driving games, they're "messing around in cars" games.

Offline naYoRHa2b

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2514 on: June 17, 2022, 09:14:18 pm »
I just don't like the progression system in Horizon. I typically like to grind in racing games, you know you build up slowly and earn/buy better cars but it's just straight to the hyper cars in Forza Horizon.

I don't mind Forza but i wasn't a fan of the mod/boost feature in Forza 6 I think it was. Hopefully it doesn't return for the reboot.

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #2515 on: June 18, 2022, 12:16:31 pm »
Just finished Cyberpunk and do want to go into Elden Ring next but want to have a quick break.

I've got Trek To Yomi and Tunic lined up.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2516 on: June 18, 2022, 04:50:09 pm »
Ooh cyberpunk. Did you get a good ending

I got the Devil first time round

This go round though I'm farming money before doing most missions and tis a lot more fun. Already got legendary cyber ware, can Short Circuit baddies from a distance and boom, dead

Sort of reinforces how empty the open world is though. Done the psychos and the copper jobs already soooo I'm a killing machine with nowt to do but the short main story

Offline ToneLa

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2517 on: June 18, 2022, 04:51:03 pm »

How does Aloy handle in it?

;D

Offline Fabulous_aurelio

• You will always find him in the kitchen at parties (most likely alone in a corner with a half-empty glass of Tizer keeping his powder dry...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well Red.
« Reply #2518 on: June 19, 2022, 11:13:51 am »
Ooh cyberpunk. Did you get a good ending

I got the Devil first time round
I was really happy with my ending. I got The Star as female V and Judy joined me.

I decided after the ending not to go back. I was at a decent level and finished quite a few character arcs. When some DLC comes out I may play again.

Really enjoyed it though. I thought it was an excellent game.
"Salahs in here......"

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2519 on: June 24, 2022, 09:15:35 am »
Started Returnal last night after upgrading PS+ and have loved the first 60/90 minutes or so.

Couldn't justify the PS5 game price for this (never saw it cheaper than £60) but if I had done, I doubt I'd have been disappointed.

Really tight controls, great concept, lovely art style/graphics. In a weird way kinda the combat makes me feel like I'm playing a third person version of R-Type!