Author Topic: Bloodborne PS4  (Read 22416 times)

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Bloodborne PS4
« Reply #240 on: March 24, 2022, 10:34:36 am »
Just looking at the Boss order of Bloodborne and I actually got quite far in.

Spoiler
The last mandatory boss I beat was Shadow of Yharman.  Rom The Vacuous spider was up next I think.
[close]

I actually packed in playing when I just couldn't beat what I now know to be just an optional boss - Martyr Logarius.   Like Dark Souls the first time I played it, I think I was wandering around areas of the game I just wasn't skilled up enough to complete. 

When I play Bloodborne next, I'm going to follow the recommended route through the game.  I eventually did this with Dark Souls and found the game much more on an even level.   Still hard like, but much fairer.

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #241 on: March 24, 2022, 11:18:31 am »
Haven't played Bloodborne so can't compare, but I wouldn't discount Sekiro if I was you Pete. I did and I was wrong to. Main difficulty in that game comes from learning to properly use deflect - which is really different to Souls games. But the game gives you all the time in the world to learn this and slowly eases you into it. Once it clicks - it's very, very good. There are other things to help you along, like the resurrection ability, not thinking about stamina and stealth being super viable and fun way to almost completely clear some levels or ambush bosses to soften them up.

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #242 on: March 24, 2022, 01:20:52 pm »
Yeah Zlen. I’ve got Sekiro mate

Played first couple of bosses. Getting to grips with the combat is a steep learning curve but like most FromSoft games, rewarding when you get it right.

Now I’ve kind of mastered Dark Souls I’m going to revisit both BB and Sekiro this year. :)

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #243 on: April 22, 2022, 11:49:01 am »
7 bosses down

'Shadow of Yharnham' was quite a tricky boss fight on Friday and a little bit of an annoying run back through the Forbidden Forest to the Boss arena every time I got killed.

Was trying the battle using my fully juiced up Tonitrus and was doing OK.  Swapped to my trusty +6 Kirkhammer in normal sword mode and smashed it.  You can just get so many R1 hits on a full stamina bar is ace.

Once I had worked out you have to find a blind spot away from the Mage cleric's fireballs I was able to cut down the other 2 weapon wielding clerics without much trouble.

The key to defeating the bosses in this game is most definitely "KEEP MOVING".  Cut, slash..run away.  Rinse and repeat.

So do I go to Byrgnwerth or Cainhurst Castle next?  Any recommendations?

Bloody Hell just re-reading the thread and it looks like i got really far in to this.

Should get Platinum on Dark Souls later today then throw in BB and see if my saves are still there.

Offline Buck Pete

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #244 on: April 23, 2022, 04:57:40 pm »
Started a new game today.  Familiarizing myself with the maps and mechanics after a few years.  Its all coming back to me.

Just reached the Cleric beast and got killed.  He didn't have much health left though and I haven't even levelled up once yet. 

Forgot how easy (and satisfying) it is to "parry/visceral attack" the poor old Brick Trolls. :)