Author Topic: Holidays - UK or abroad?  (Read 43487 times)

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Holidays - UK or abroad?
« Reply #600 on: October 6, 2021, 08:00:32 am »
cheers Rob, it seems that's correct just need to Fill in a Passenger Locator Form

You don't need the locator form either

Ireland, the UK, the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man
If you’re travelling to England from within the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man, you do not need to:

complete a passenger locator form
take any COVID-19 tests
quarantine on arrival in England
You must not have been outside of the UK, Ireland, the Channel Islands or the Isle of Man in the 10 days before you arrive in England.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/travel-to-england-from-another-country-during-coronavirus-covid-19?step-by-step-nav=8c0c7b83-5e0b-4bed-9121-1c394e2f96f3
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #601 on: October 6, 2021, 05:17:50 pm »
We have flights booked with Easy Jet at the end of October. Supposedly you can rearrange them up to a few hours before departure so if one of us tested positive close to departure we could move them til next year.

Is that still the case if you check in to the flight does anyone know? I presume it is, because you don’t want to leave that til the very last minute but just wanted to check.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #602 on: October 6, 2021, 05:22:41 pm »
How long before departure did you order the tests and do you just use the booking reference from the email to fill in the Locator form? We fly out 2 weeks today so want to get the stuff done ready

I ordered them about a week before we left. They arrived about 24-48 hours later.

The email they send you after purchasing specifically says "Use this booking reference for your Passenger Locator Form".

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #603 on: October 6, 2021, 05:31:21 pm »
I ordered them about a week before we left. They arrived about 24-48 hours later.

The email they send you after purchasing specifically says "Use this booking reference for your Passenger Locator Form".

We were told they couldn't despatch them until the day we landed back.

Seems weird if you ask me.

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #604 on: October 6, 2021, 07:44:48 pm »
We were told they couldn't despatch them until the day we landed back.

Seems weird if you ask me.

Mine showed up the day after I ordered it despite the website saying 4 -6 days, glad I didn’t pay the extra £12 for next dat delivery with a different company.

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #605 on: October 7, 2021, 09:07:26 am »
I came back from Portugal on Tuesday. No real consistency in what forms, barcodes and test results are checked. Going out I think they checked my vaccine status and no other forms. Coming back they didn’t really check anything. Although people I spoke to on the plane had everything checked. In regards to COVID restrictions such as masks and vaccine passports bars and restaurants largely don’t care if you have a mask on or not or whether or not you’ve been doubled jabbed. Although the hotel was quite strict with enforcing you have a mask on whilst walking around the hotel and restaurants.
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #606 on: October 7, 2021, 01:33:41 pm »

Cheers mate
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline UntouchableLuis

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #607 on: October 8, 2021, 05:40:59 pm »
We're just missing out on the none PCR when you come back. We go to Gran Canaria 16-26 October. We've ordered the PCR anyway and it was only 20 quid.

"IT'S ENDED.....THE EUROPEAN CUP IS RETURNING TO ENGLAND AND TO ANFIELD."

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #608 on: October 8, 2021, 06:26:34 pm »
We're just missing out on the none PCR when you come back. We go to Gran Canaria 16-26 October. We've ordered the PCR anyway and it was only 20 quid.

We come back from Cyprus on the 27th, so in the same boat. Where did you order the tests from?

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #609 on: October 11, 2021, 11:11:29 am »
Lovely 10 days spent in Greece, the only downside was the queues at airports because of people who apparently wait until they're dropping their luggage to be told exactly what they need to show. Glaring daggers at about 10 groups of people at the desk before me, taking bloody ages, and when I got there I handed over my 3 pieces of paper (boarding pass, vax certificate & locator form), they scanned them all and that was that. 30 seconds, done.

We were planning a pleasant last drink before we jetted off back to different destinations, but by the time we'd made it to the lounge my gate info was up. Needlessly irritating (the longer non-EU passport queue also soured my mood a bit).

We've now got the taste for travel again and want to go away next month too, possible Vienna at the end of the month to see the Christmas market. Potential problem is that they aren't officially accepting the NHS certificate. People are apparently travelling there anyway, but I'd hate to be the first person stopped at the airport with no official recourse.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #610 on: October 11, 2021, 11:32:07 am »
Lovely 10 days spent in Greece, the only downside was the queues at airports because of people who apparently wait until they're dropping their luggage to be told exactly what they need to show. Glaring daggers at about 10 groups of people at the desk before me, taking bloody ages, and when I got there I handed over my 3 pieces of paper (boarding pass, vax certificate & locator form), they scanned them all and that was that. 30 seconds, done.

We were planning a pleasant last drink before we jetted off back to different destinations, but by the time we'd made it to the lounge my gate info was up. Needlessly irritating (the longer non-EU passport queue also soured my mood a bit).

We've now got the taste for travel again and want to go away next month too, possible Vienna at the end of the month to see the Christmas market. Potential problem is that they aren't officially accepting the NHS certificate. People are apparently travelling there anyway, but I'd hate to be the first person stopped at the airport with no official recourse.

Although we understand that the UK’s proof of COVID recovery and vaccination status is being accepted in practice, Austria has not yet officially confirmed this. We therefore recommend that you contact your nearest Austrian embassy for advice on entry requirements

I was researching places to visit in November and it seems this is the case for almost everywhere. I'd be gobsmacked if it wasn't accepted though, especially if you're vaccinated with Pfizer.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #611 on: October 11, 2021, 12:20:04 pm »
Mexico is off the red list, but being a nosey bugger, I wandered onto Tui's site to see if our holiday had jumped or dropped in price, and it's not on there. In fact, the only Mexican holidays Tui are offering are on the Pacific coast, complete otherside of the country. It's still 5 months away (beginning of March we're due to go) but if the resort or hotel is to be closed, it'd be nice to find out sooner rather than later so we can reallocate the money towards another trip, although it would have to be some distance to get 30 degrees in early March.

A small problem in the grand scheme of things but we're both gasping for a holiday.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #612 on: October 11, 2021, 02:35:43 pm »
Mexico is off the red list, but being a nosey bugger, I wandered onto Tui's site to see if our holiday had jumped or dropped in price, and it's not on there. In fact, the only Mexican holidays Tui are offering are on the Pacific coast, complete otherside of the country. It's still 5 months away (beginning of March we're due to go) but if the resort or hotel is to be closed, it'd be nice to find out sooner rather than later so we can reallocate the money towards another trip, although it would have to be some distance to get 30 degrees in early March.

A small problem in the grand scheme of things but we're both gasping for a holiday.

Missus looked at the reviews for the place we were supposed to be going to and it was getting slated as it is now a dirty dump and there was fuck all going on, so she's glad she's cancelled it and moved it to Tenerife 2023 instead.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #613 on: October 11, 2021, 03:05:30 pm »
Missus looked at the reviews for the place we were supposed to be going to and it was getting slated as it is now a dirty dump and there was fuck all going on, so she's glad she's cancelled it and moved it to Tenerife 2023 instead.
Where was that Rob?
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #614 on: October 12, 2021, 08:27:07 am »
Where was that Rob?

Sandos Playacar in Playa Del Carmen

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #615 on: October 12, 2021, 08:44:39 am »
Flights and hotel booked for Milan April 2022 (marathon)
Flights and hotel booked for Vegas May 2022 (no marathon)
Hotel booked for Chicago October 2022 (marathon)

Best start saving, oh and training

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #616 on: October 12, 2021, 09:16:04 am »
If it was up to me we wouldn't be going away next week, can't be arsed with all this fucking about doing flight passes, organising PCR test for the lad, the stupid uk passenger locator form (where the fuck do they think I'm going to be when I get back, living in a fucking tent on Snowdon????) and the fucking about getting 4 x day 2 PCRs that may or may not announce a change to laterals this week.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #617 on: October 12, 2021, 09:22:03 am »
If it was up to me we wouldn't be going away next week, can't be arsed with all this fucking about doing flight passes, organising PCR test for the lad, the stupid uk passenger locator form (where the fuck do they think I'm going to be when I get back, living in a fucking tent on Snowdon????) and the fucking about getting 4 x day 2 PCRs that may or may not announce a change to laterals this week.

All that said...once you’ve done it all would you be kind enough to let me/us know how and when you did it all? :D

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #618 on: October 12, 2021, 09:31:19 am »

How long you going for?

We're going Rhodes tomorrow for ten days. We've done our Greek passenger locator form, but don't to put test references or anything on it so gonna wait until probably day 4/5 on holiday before booking day 2 tests in case they do change it whilst we're there.
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #619 on: October 12, 2021, 09:44:26 am »
Sandos Playacar in Playa Del Carmen
FFS, literally next door to the hotel we're staying at. It's not filling me with confidence, I must say. I don't mind it being quiet, but I don't want it to be dead and if they're not operating the trips to the cenotes and the temples, there's literally no point me going, that's the main attraction of the trip for me.

Not really sure what recourse we have, or whether Tui will let us swap the trip for a small admin fee. Maybe I'm just worrying too much and the five months til we go will rectify the issues.

How long you going for?

We're going Rhodes tomorrow for ten days. We've done our Greek passenger locator form, but don't to put test references or anything on it so gonna wait until probably day 4/5 on holiday before booking day 2 tests in case they do change it whilst we're there.
A workmate just got back from Rhodes and said that they barely checked any documents and it was extremely lax, but the weather was great and they had a class time.

Offline Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #620 on: October 12, 2021, 09:49:20 am »

Although we understand that the UK’s proof of COVID recovery and vaccination status is being accepted in practice, Austria has not yet officially confirmed this. We therefore recommend that you contact your nearest Austrian embassy for advice on entry requirements

I was researching places to visit in November and it seems this is the case for almost everywhere. I'd be gobsmacked if it wasn't accepted though, especially if you're vaccinated with Pfizer.

Yeah, this is what I saw. It should be fine, but I'm just too risk-averse to go through finding a nice, central (and relatively expensive) hotel that I would then not be able to cancel through being stopped at the airport before flying.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Jm55

• Would legit drive you round the bend but his car legit won't start. More bounze... to the ounze.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #621 on: October 12, 2021, 09:50:05 am »
As a warning for everyone make sure you not only fill in the passenger locator form but have the pdf which you get for doing so to hand even prior to boarding your inbound flight. I had an issue in Poland where the email didn’t provide an attachment and they very nearly didn’t let me on the flight, in the end I had to frantically download whilst the attendant in the airport was being an absolute prick, saying it wasn’t his problem and if I didn’t have it I wouldn’t fly (despite having the email clearly showing that I’d done it).

Quite why the polish airport attendant was arsed whether I’d completed a form required for entry to the U.K. I do not know, it certainly wasn’t checked in the same way upon leaving the U.K. where they just trusted that you’d done it and offered to hand out a paper version on the flight if you hadn’t (and it was then checked on immigration).

Fucking ridiculous and extremely unhelpful when the process is obviously new to everyone.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #622 on: October 12, 2021, 09:58:26 am »
How long you going for?

7 days from the 20th to the 27th. Part of me wants to wait until we are in Cyprus to order the return test, but missus is saying wait until this Friday and then order them - knowing our luck they won't change it until the 27th or 28th. Lad is having the PCR at Manc so I can pick them up at the same time so that saves about £40.

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #623 on: October 12, 2021, 10:00:02 am »
FFS, literally next door to the hotel we're staying at. It's not filling me with confidence, I must say. I don't mind it being quiet, but I don't want it to be dead and if they're not operating the trips to the cenotes and the temples, there's literally no point me going, that's the main attraction of the trip for me.

Not really sure what recourse we have, or whether Tui will let us swap the trip for a small admin fee. Maybe I'm just worrying too much and the five months til we go will rectify the issues.
A workmate just got back from Rhodes and said that they barely checked any documents and it was extremely lax, but the weather was great and they had a class time.

We were with TUI and it cost £200 to swap the 4 of us to Tenerife. Missus was checking and nothing was going on and she didn't want to risk it for what it has cost. We'd paid about £2k off the full cost to date

Offline owens_2k

• Bagged the role of third spud in the annual RAWK panto
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #624 on: October 14, 2021, 11:22:19 am »
Does anyone know what the turnaround on passports is at the moment??

Submitted my 7 year old daughters application on 13th Sep, they received her old passport 1st Oct but I am due to travel on 29th November and I am sweating as to whether it will come back in time!

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #625 on: October 14, 2021, 11:36:32 am »
You should be fine with that.

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #626 on: October 14, 2021, 11:38:28 am »
I’ve just spotted that our old EHIC cards expired in April, haven’t been abroad in quite a while! Just applied for the new GHIC ones and the application has been approved so it’s going through but does anyone know how long they take to get posted out? On the website it mentions it may take longer than usual but not sure if that’s just an arse covering thing!

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #627 on: October 14, 2021, 11:47:30 am »
Off to Budapest with work on Sunday until Wednesday.  Stopping down South after the Watford game and flying from Luton.

Meal and night out organised on the Tuesday night.  Hope to find a bar with our game on too :)

I'm thinking of doing something touristy on the Monday evening and booking myself on to some kind of Danube river cruise.

Offline .adam

• .asking .for .trouble .for .arson .around .in .Sweden
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #628 on: October 14, 2021, 12:24:40 pm »

Worst case scenario, hire a car and do them yourself. Think I mentioned here a while back that we drove around the Yucutan without issues a few years back.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #629 on: October 14, 2021, 12:29:00 pm »
Worst case scenario, hire a car and do them yourself. Think I mentioned here a while back that we drove around the Yucutan without issues a few years back.

Pretty sure the local tour guides will still be doing them. We went on one of those to see the cenotes and it was amazing, took us to some really secluded ones the bigger tours wouldn't have got to see and we were the only ones swimming in them for ages.

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #630 on: October 14, 2021, 02:55:26 pm »
I’ve just spotted that our old EHIC cards expired in April, haven’t been abroad in quite a while! Just applied for the new GHIC ones and the application has been approved so it’s going through but does anyone know how long they take to get posted out? On the website it mentions it may take longer than usual but not sure if that’s just an arse covering thing!

Mine took about a week mate.

Nice British flag for you to feel proud too 😂

Offline Komic

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #631 on: October 14, 2021, 02:55:43 pm »

The temples will have buses or colectivos going to them, probably certain cenotes as well. Might be worth looking into if it helps put your mind at ease

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #632 on: October 14, 2021, 02:58:26 pm »

The youngest had to get a new passport so he has a blue one - they look fucking shite next to the EU passport. I've got mine until 2027 and I love the fact its still got European Union on it

Offline red_Mark1980

• Wool ginger runner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • J.F.T.97
« Reply #633 on: October 14, 2021, 03:02:37 pm »
The youngest had to get a new passport so he has a blue one - they look fucking shite next to the EU passport. I've got mine until 2027 and I love the fact its still got European Union on it

We had ours stamped in Berlin. Something to remember the hour long wait in the queue

Offline Crosby Nick

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #634 on: October 14, 2021, 03:04:13 pm »

Thanks, going away in 2 so fingers crossed!

Offline Legs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #635 on: October 14, 2021, 03:47:23 pm »
Thanks, going away in 2 so fingers crossed!

No probs

Offline carl123uk

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • @CarlLFC5
« Reply #636 on: October 14, 2021, 05:54:28 pm »
Anyone recommend any good restaurants and bars in Rhodes? We're staying near the old town up on the north of the island.

According to trip advisor every restaurant is 5* and the best in the world let alone the island  :lickin

Offline Livbes

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #637 on: October 14, 2021, 06:20:41 pm »
Business trip up to Iceland on Monday. They now require a rapid antigen or PCR before you board the plane in the UK but they can’t be home tests. Going to LJLA on Sat to take a PCR. £99  :o

Offline cormorant

• Legacy Fan
  • We had Shankly and the Kop at Liverpool...
« Reply #638 on: October 15, 2021, 07:03:35 am »

Know it's already been answered, but myself and someone else also got them within about a week as well.
The fans here are the greatest in the land. They know the game and they know what they want to see. The people on the Kop make you feel great - yet humble. I'm just one of the people...

Offline rob1966

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #639 on: October 15, 2021, 07:23:53 am »
The PCR test to return to the UK is being replaced with laterals from next week, 24th Oct, can order from the 22nd Oct. Thank fuck I waited to order ours :D

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/lateral-flow-tests-to-be-introduced-for-vaccinated-international-arrivals