Author Topic: Winning Title #19*  (Read 1309304 times)

Online Boaty McBoatface

• Custom Title McCustomtitleface
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Winning Title #19*
« Reply #12600 on: June 30, 2020, 07:24:35 pm »
With social distancing, the lads should go down one at a time like they're on Soul Train.

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12601 on: June 30, 2020, 07:28:22 pm »
Murphy, at least Owen kept his mouth shut (about us) when he left

Owen has been quite complementary over us winning it, Murphy can't help himself but be a bitter twat.
#Sausages

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12602 on: June 30, 2020, 07:32:01 pm »
Wish the Premier League would relent now and allow us to play the last seven games with our CWC winners patch.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #12603 on: June 30, 2020, 07:33:12 pm »
Michael Owen or Danny Murphy. Who's the bigger arse?
Owen is alright to be fair he's always positive about us no bitterness, unlike Didi and Murphy who talk some utter bollocks at times especially when we weren't winning stuff.

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12604 on: June 30, 2020, 07:33:53 pm »
Wish the Premier League would relent now and allow us to play the last seven games with our CWC winners patch.

Do we have a Champions League patch?

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12605 on: June 30, 2020, 07:37:05 pm »
Do we have a Champions League patch?

Well yes, but that is only worn in the CL. 

I believe when clubs in other European countries have won the CWC, they've been allowed to display the patch in the league, but we were only allowed it in the Wolves game after we got back?  And for the FA Cup too.  I don't think the Premier League likes the competing brand (or something).

But marching out as the newly crowed English as well as World Champions is no small feat.

Popcorn's Art

Online Thepooloflife

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
« Reply #12606 on: June 30, 2020, 07:41:05 pm »
Not the whole story.

Chelsea playing FAC semi that weekend so it will be moved.

Maybe 21 or 22 July.

Oh yeah, forgot about that - cheers mate. At least we know it's the Chelsea game for presentation.

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #12607 on: June 30, 2020, 07:45:25 pm »
Just on that picture, does anybody reckon Michael Essien is thinking "Eagles, Richardson & Dong aren't fit to lace my boots"?

It was a special piss take by Alex Fergurson. Look at their match day squad. Half of them weren't even in Utd the next season.

We have so much slack we could do the same against City. Put on Shaq and Adrian

Offline Statto Red

• Hung like a sperm whale but only around the middle. Proud owner of a couple of spare arms, although is pits pong like the bins, not very appealing. Bambi on ice.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12608 on: June 30, 2020, 07:48:59 pm »

I believe when clubs in other European countries have won the CWC, they've been allowed to display the patch in the league, but we were only allowed it in the Wolves game after we got back?  And for the FA Cup too.  I don't think the Premier League likes the competing brand (or something).

But marching out as the newly crowed English as well as World Champions is no small feat.

Yep, because of the sleeve sponsors we now have in the PL too, which we don't have in the CL, with the CL kits we'll have the LFC style printing for name/number, were as the PL shirt, i think you have the choice for PL version or LFC version printing for name/number.
#Sausages

Online rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12609 on: June 30, 2020, 08:11:49 pm »

That's stupid of the PL. The Champions of your league also being European, European Super Cup and CWC holders is a great big fuck you our league is the best statement. They should be crowing about it, not hiding it :butt
Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline PaisleyPrint

• Believer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12610 on: June 30, 2020, 08:15:32 pm »
I can relate to pretty much all of that. I'm glad you stuck around, and I'm glad I did too. I've learned over the years that even the darkest of times come to an end and the light returns once more. There are things and certain people who have helped me through the darkness, and LFC have always been one of them.

Take care of yourself and enjoy every second of this wonderful time.

Ps, regarding those dark clouds. Try not to fear them. Life's like the weather. It can't always be sunny. They'll come and go at times, but they can never stay forever. When times are tough I often think of when I fly to go on holiday. You can take off in grey cloud and rain. Five minutes later you are above the cloud in bright sunshine. The lesson for me: although we can't always see it, the sun is always there and will be seen once more. 😊

This is quote worthy. :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
« Reply #12611 on: June 30, 2020, 08:18:32 pm »

And aren't we still the reigning European Champions or has the elimination knocked it on the head?

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12612 on: June 30, 2020, 08:26:55 pm »

Does this make us the Corvid-19/20 champions?
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12613 on: June 30, 2020, 08:49:29 pm »

Offline Statto Red

• Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #12614 on: June 30, 2020, 08:55:11 pm »
That's stupid of the PL. The Champions of your league also being European, European Super Cup and CWC holders is a great big fuck you our league is the best statement. They should be crowing about it, not hiding it :butt

It's completely stupid, like Forest can have 2 stars on their shirts for there european cup wins in the EFL, but we cant have stars on ours in the PL.
#Sausages

Offline Filler.

• Up. resurrected. Keeps his Kath in a cage, but not sure if the new baby is in there as well. Studying for a Masters in Semiotics.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12615 on: June 30, 2020, 08:58:23 pm »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sKUSqGZU2Yo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sKUSqGZU2Yo</a>

From 1975.

edit: Can anyone tell me what track Peel played straight after there?

Have since found out that Peel sent back a copy of The Damned 'New Rose' 7" but sadly this got lost with the covering letter. Gutting. Here's to you John!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/TUxFQ5QBiYk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/TUxFQ5QBiYk</a>

« Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 09:04:56 pm by Filler. »

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12616 on: June 30, 2020, 09:05:02 pm »
When is the trophy presented, anyone know.........v Chelsea ?

Chelsea have an FA Cup game. According to Pearce when he asked the FA the belief is it could be the home game before, though it’s still to be confirmed.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Henry Kissinger

• Posterior sponsored by Wilkinson Sword. On the Llama Protection Register. Should wash his mouth out with soap and water.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Experience is the name we give our mistakes
« Reply #12617 on: June 30, 2020, 09:05:44 pm »
Hi, newbie here.

I've seen Liverpool win it a few times in the 80s and it felt run of the mill at the time. Now, after 30 years, I just feel a sense of relief. But I have been watsapping all my 20 and 30 something year old footy mates asking them to describe the feeling so I can really soak it in. And their responses made me want to cry. Phenomenal times.  :scarf

Welcome to the fold.

Although I have to say it's a bit fucking shit to come on here and tell us you've had friends sharing with you their feelings on winning no 19 and not sharing even one of their responses with us.

Tsk.
"What's passive smoking? There's passive lots of things. Like passive listening to shitheads. I have to put up with that every day. Are you going to ban people from talking crap? They give me a headache. Believe me, they're killing me. One day people's conversations on the street will do me in." Terry Hall

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12618 on: June 30, 2020, 09:08:11 pm »
Yep, because of the sleeve sponsors we now have in the PL too, which we don't have in the CL, with the CL kits we'll have the LFC style printing for name/number, were as the PL shirt, i think you have the choice for PL version or LFC version printing for name/number.

Yes, but the CWC patch goes on the chest.  It would have been nice for us to wear it in our first game as English Champions.  Our next opportunity to display it wont come until next season's League Cup!

Yep!

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12619 on: June 30, 2020, 09:10:30 pm »

Whoops! ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #12620 on: June 30, 2020, 09:14:22 pm »
Raven lunatic!
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #12621 on: June 30, 2020, 09:17:23 pm »
It's completely stupid, like Forest can have 2 stars on their shirts for there european cup wins in the EFL, but we cant have stars on ours in the PL.

Clubs can add stars to their badges for various reasons.

Yeovil have four stars for five seasons in the top four tires,

Villa have one for their European Cup

Bury have one each for their 2 FA Cup wins in 1900 and 1903

Huddersfield have three for winning the league in three seasons - 1924, 1925, 1926

Ipswich have three for their league in 1962, FA Cup in 1978 and UEFA Cup in 1981

Forest as you say for two European Cups

Notts County have one to commemorate 120 years since their 1893-4 FA Cup win...

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-nottingham-forest-stars-90206

We could have 40+ stars for all of our trophies but unlike all of the above, we are not living on past glories or small clubs celebrating minor successes.

I subscribe to the Ronnie Moran school of thought. Never mind what we've won in the past, it's the next trophy that matters.

In all the papers I read at the weekend one article talked about some of the changes they have made at the club, and one was to take down all the photos of past Liverpool teams with trophies and replace it with the pictures of the trophies to be won in the future.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12622 on: June 30, 2020, 09:25:21 pm »
I agree with Alan mostly. The only time I wouldn't mind stars on a kit is in European matches. So next season our European kits have six stars above the liverbird.  :D

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #12623 on: June 30, 2020, 09:38:15 pm »
Yeah. Don't mind a badge to show you are reigning champions. That said we'd need Luke Shaw's kit to fit our collection on.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #12624 on: June 30, 2020, 10:02:12 pm »
Dumb line from Danny Murphy. Not the brightest light in the harbour and extremely disrespectful to the Liverpool side. Personally I would ban him from Anfield for life.
Nah not having that. Bring him in and frog-march him into the museum past all the trophies he never won then force him to lace Van Dyk's boots on the pitch just before kick-off :wave

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #12625 on: June 30, 2020, 10:10:39 pm »
Nah not having that. Bring him in and frog-march him into the museum past all the trophies he never won then force him to lace Van Dyk's boots on the pitch just before kick-off :wave

That I would like to see, with Virgil looking down on him with contempt.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12626 on: June 30, 2020, 10:15:58 pm »

I would pay money to see that.  He has to go down the entire line of players and tie their laces.

Knowing that bitter twunt he'd deliberately tie the laces together though...

Popcorn's Art

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #12627 on: June 30, 2020, 10:48:38 pm »

I'd rather see Virgil paying no attention to him whatsoever - Murphy doesn't deserve his contempt and Virgil's bigger than that ;)

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12628 on: July 1, 2020, 01:36:35 am »
Clubs can add stars to their badges for various reasons.

Yeovil have four stars for five seasons in the top four tires,

Villa have one for their European Cup

Bury have one each for their 2 FA Cup wins in 1900 and 1903

Huddersfield have three for winning the league in three seasons - 1924, 1925, 1926

Ipswich have three for their league in 1962, FA Cup in 1978 and UEFA Cup in 1981

Forest as you say for two European Cups

Notts County have one to commemorate 120 years since their 1893-4 FA Cup win...

https://www.somersetlive.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/aston-villa-nottingham-forest-stars-90206

We could have 40+ stars for all of our trophies but unlike all of the above, we are not living on past glories or small clubs celebrating minor successes.

I subscribe to the Ronnie Moran school of thought. Never mind what we've won in the past, it's the next trophy that matters.

In all the papers I read at the weekend one article talked about some of the changes they have made at the club, and one was to take down all the photos of past Liverpool teams with trophies and replace it with the pictures of the trophies to be won in the future.

Didn't Man City have stars on their kit a few years ago for decoration  ;D
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #12629 on: July 1, 2020, 06:58:40 am »
I've paid no attention to the guard of honour idea until now. I think I saw kdb say we deserved it, and I'm sure there will be mixed feelings from the city players. Is it urban myth or did hard shoulder shitting tramp start it to motivate his players for next season?
I'd quite like to see something arranged by our squad when they take the guard and turn into something for the covid victims or the NHS or the 96. Maybe they could take the knee.whilst in the guard.
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12630 on: July 1, 2020, 09:23:54 am »
I think the only City player who'll struggle with the Guard of Honour is Sterling.  ;D

Popcorn's Art

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12631 on: July 1, 2020, 10:00:24 am »
Hadn't seen this.  ;D

<a href="https://youtube.com/v/LOuFO8_nG1w" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://youtube.com/v/LOuFO8_nG1w</a>

Popcorn's Art

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #12632 on: July 1, 2020, 10:11:49 am »
Hodgson the owl cracks me up every time. Hadn’t seen Moyes before! :D

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #12633 on: July 1, 2020, 10:26:55 am »
The Moyes bit had me in tears ;D

Offline Willy Poolman

• Main Stander
  • You'll Never RAWK Alone
« Reply #12634 on: July 1, 2020, 11:32:44 am »

Just think, another couple of seasons and we should be able to sew the US flag on our shirt ... that will make a few regular contributors very happy! Seriously, I think a simple Liver Bird badge is all that is needed to say "We Are Liverpool".

Offline Sangria

• In trying to be right ends up wrong without fail
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12635 on: July 1, 2020, 11:43:27 am »
Hadn't seen this.  ;D

Call me spiteful, but I enjoyed "Bring me home".
"i just dont think (Lucas is) that type of player that Kenny wants"
Vidocq, 20 January 2011

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=267148.msg8032258#msg8032258

Offline Red Beret

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12636 on: July 1, 2020, 12:19:42 pm »
Call me spiteful, but I enjoyed "Bring me home".

"I could have had a statue! A statuuuuuue!" 😭😭😭

Popcorn's Art

Online Oskar

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #12637 on: July 1, 2020, 01:34:26 pm »
Neil Jones
@neiljonesgoal

Klopp: "We will not 'defend' the title next year, we will attack for the next one."

#LFC

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12638 on: July 1, 2020, 01:35:31 pm »
Klopp stressing again and pleading people not to gather outside of stadiums.

Hopefully people listen to him

Online Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #12639 on: July 1, 2020, 01:59:49 pm »

How is it possible to love that man any more
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT