Author Topic: Hull City - Protest  (Read 69462 times)

Online redbyrdz

• No to sub-optimal passing! Not content with one century, this girl does two together. Oh, and FUCK THE TORIES deh-deh-deh-deh!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Hull City - Protest
« Reply #160 on: April 20, 2015, 09:01:38 pm »
This is more like the first round of the cup. We need to build a momentum, spread the word, let people feel that they're not alone, before we're ready for a big game like united.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us." - Bill Shankly

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #161 on: April 20, 2015, 09:10:03 pm »
It's simple for me. The starting question is, do you think we as supporters are being rippped off and if the answer is yes, you should support those getting off their arses and trying to organise a protest. You may have reservations about what they're doing or think a million other things but you start by supporting the action, otherwise you might have all high faultin ideas about what should be done, in practice you end up on the wrong side of supporters trying to fight back and that makes you irrelevant. Fightbacks have to start from where supporters are now, not where you want them to end up, otherwise it would be easy to sort these things.

It really is this simple.

Unless you think that the prices are reasonable I really can't see why people can't just say good luck. Every little thing is a step in the right direction. Especially if you've stopped going all together. Support the people making an effort instead of telling they're wrong.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2015, 09:12:40 pm by annasfield »

Offline gingermolloy

• Main Stander
« Reply #162 on: April 20, 2015, 09:20:25 pm »
Fair enough, I'll leave my opinion and see how Tuesday goes. Nobody seems to want to admit though that a proper protest where people might lose out on credits etc would likely be far far more succesful.

What part of, if the regulars don't buy the tickets (with the intention of not going thus leaving the end empty and Hull deprived of money due to all buying kids tickets) then whoppers from everywhere will buy them on general sale and go the game, thus rendering said "protest" a non starter, don't you get?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #163 on: April 20, 2015, 09:39:43 pm »
What part of, if the regulars don't buy the tickets (with the intention of not going thus leaving the end empty and Hull deprived of money due to all buying kids tickets) then whoppers from everywhere will buy them on general sale and go the game, thus rendering said "protest" a non starter, don't you get?

This was my issue with the protests when we were trying to get rid of Hicks and Gillette. There is just no talking to some people. The issue then was obviously trying to get those c*nts to sell up, and hit them where it hurts, in their pocket. So yeah, the easy thing to do is simply don't buy a ticket. But as you've said, that free ticket goes to someone who doesn't mind paying for it. Back then, the dilemma was give them £45 and an empty seat, or give a whopper the opportunity to give them £45 + merchandise money + concourse money. Some don't realise that actually buying the ticket and not turning up can sometimes be more productive than just simply not buying a ticket.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline ohweloveyerbaldyhead

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #164 on: April 20, 2015, 09:47:22 pm »

What part of whilst people are sill buying tickets the clubs couldn't care less whether you are in the ground or not?
Twitter: @loveyerbaldyhead

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #165 on: April 20, 2015, 09:47:40 pm »
Fair enough, I'll leave my opinion and see how Tuesday goes. Nobody seems to want to admit though that a proper protest where people might lose out on credits etc would likely be far far more succesful.

You keep on harping on about the credits but seem to forget that buying the ticket for a tenner and not going is the main aim. Unbelievably blinkered view.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #166 on: April 20, 2015, 09:52:17 pm »
You keep on harping on about the credits but seem to forget that buying the ticket for a tenner and not going is the main aim. Unbelievably blinkered view.

Not blinkered at all, I gave my credits up. Just giving my honest opinion on the subject, but as I say let's see if this makes any difference. I'll happily admit I was wrong if I am

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool: European Capital of Football 2005/2006
« Reply #167 on: April 20, 2015, 09:54:00 pm »

Don't see why you think people losing out on credits is a proper protest?

If you or I don't buy the ticket to Hull, credits or no, someone else will.

If you and I both buy the ticket to Hull , join in the protest and don't go in the ground, the empty away end gets media coverage.

Credits have little to do with it, imho. If you or i don't buy the ticket, don't get the credit, the club could care less. Someone else did buy the ticket and did get the credit. There's no pat on the back for losing out on a credit.
Either we are a club of supporters or become a club of customers.

Offline redprodigal

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I miss you Digger, even more than Peter Thommo
« Reply #168 on: April 20, 2015, 09:54:23 pm »
Not blinkered at all, I gave my credits up. Just giving my honest opinion on the subject, but as I say let's see if this makes any difference. I'll happily admit I was wrong if I am

It possibly won't make a difference because the numbers won't be large enough but youve got to start somewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #169 on: April 20, 2015, 10:03:25 pm »
Don't see why you think people losing out on credits is a proper protest?

If you or I don't buy the ticket to Hull, credits or no, someone else will.

If you and I both buy the ticket to Hull , join in the protest and don't go in the ground, the empty away end gets media coverage.

Credits have little to do with it, imho. If you or i don't buy the ticket, don't get the credit, the club could care less. Someone else did buy the ticket and did get the credit. There's no pat on the back for losing out on a credit.

You're looking at it on too small a scale. There's a core support of a few thousand that go to away games and 30 plus thousand for home games. If next season they ALL stopped going anfield and away ends would hardly sell out. Madness to think they would, yes in this particular instance hull might as it's a novelty chance to go but people wouldn't travel up and down the country every week who don't already. Then it would hit the club financially. That's the only way they'd listen.

Offline 4pool

• Mr. ( last name) Minister Of Truth - 1984 to 1984. The first to do a Moyesed. A pore grammarist.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #170 on: April 20, 2015, 10:19:00 pm »
You're looking at it on too small a scale. There's a core support of a few thousand that go to away games and 30 plus thousand for home games. If next season they ALL stopped going anfield and away ends would hardly sell out. Madness to think they would, yes in this particular instance hull might as it's a novelty chance to go but people wouldn't travel up and down the country every week who don't already. Then it would hit the club financially. That's the only way they'd listen.

I think you underestimate things.

I was at Arsenal and Blackburn away thanks to mates getting me a spare, face value. ( probably from someone wanting to keep their credits up but from my perspective, I didn't care coming from the USA)

I met a few people from China trying to put up a banner at Blackburn. never asked how they got their tickets.

There are always those within the UK who give up going to aways because they can't get tickets. There are those coming to the UK from far away places who will scrounge how they can to get tickets.

The club could put them on general sale and they will be snapped up. Sadly this could give touts more chances at getting tickets but that's another issue.

To think the demand will dry up because the usual suspects don't go as a protest doesn't make sense to me.

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #171 on: April 20, 2015, 11:07:00 pm »
If Hull away doesn't work, kiss goodbye to cheaper tickets ever. It really is that simple.

Liverpool supporters are seen, nationally, as leading the way on ticket price campaigning. If we can't do this, then away ticket price caps and discussions with LFC on lowering prices are pointless as they will see that people will just keep paying and going and they will question how much support the campaign has.
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline 4pool

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: April 20, 2015, 11:28:28 pm »
Good luck with it.

Offline MerseyParadise

• Kopite
  • Wool son of Scotty road 'arl fella
« Reply #173 on: April 21, 2015, 01:55:25 am »
we should all turn up at the next LFC ladies game at widnes that's televised on BT sport... the ground holds 13,000 an its pay on the door... flags, banners the lot. Plus im a widnes lad and our club could do with the gate recipts that would be shared
Insert obscure quote here

Offline Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #174 on: April 21, 2015, 07:43:11 am »
If Hull away doesn't work, kiss goodbye to cheaper tickets ever. It really is that simple.

Liverpool supporters are seen, nationally, as leading the way on ticket price campaigning. If we can't do this, then away ticket price caps and discussions with LFC on lowering prices are pointless as they will see that people will just keep paying and going and they will question how much support the campaign has.

Exactly. It's not about getting on the front page of the national press, or lead item on the news.  The audience for the protest is made up of the owners of Hull and the owners of LFC.   

Good luck with the protest. How it's 100% or as close as you can get. 
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: April 21, 2015, 09:17:28 am »
Hopefully the empty seats are apparent and maybe force the decision makers re ticketing and pricing to review policies, etc.  Only point I would make relates to the comments around how £48 or whatever it is is a disgrace - and it is in comparison to prices for away tickets at the same ground for the other couple of teams mentioned as examples.  But the prices are on a par with Anfield.  In fact our CL tickets this season were up to £59.  Two wrongs don't make a right of course but it's a bit ironic how we vilify some opposition team when we charge our own supporters the same or more?

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #176 on: April 21, 2015, 09:22:32 am »
Hopefully the empty seats are apparent and maybe force the decision makers re ticketing and pricing to review policies, etc.  Only point I would make relates to the comments around how £48 or whatever it is is a disgrace - and it is in comparison to prices for away tickets at the same ground for the other couple of teams mentioned as examples.  But the prices are on a par with Anfield.  In fact our CL tickets this season were up to £59.  Two wrongs don't make a right of course but it's a bit ironic how we vilify some opposition team when we charge our own supporters the same or more?

It's not only the cost of the ticket, it's the increase in price compared to Stoke and Everton. I think Stoke were charged £16, and Everton £35 maybe? It's disgusting.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #177 on: April 21, 2015, 09:30:48 am »
Really hope this has the desired impact.

Sunday has left me completely disillusioned about our supporter base. The away fans have been the standard bearers, the culture setters and the more who are priced out, the worse it's going to get.

I wasn't able to go on Sunday but heard first hand had from a few people who I trust completely. Sounded like the beginning of the end for them.
JFT97

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #178 on: April 21, 2015, 09:45:11 am »
I wish people would stop fucking whingeing and just get behind an decent idea for a change. I don`t see any other protests being organised, I don`t see any other LFC groups setting up something to give the money men something to think about.

Offline annasfield

• Anny Roader
« Reply #179 on: April 21, 2015, 11:24:40 am »

Have you not seen the protests at Anfield?

Offline Hightown Phil

• Loves burgers and men, ideally men on burgers…big fan of the Gormley statues. Turned down a starring role on The Bill.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: April 21, 2015, 11:59:18 am »

Complete the following sentence. I'll leave you with options A and B.

If I don't buy my ticket in tomorrow morning's sale. . .

A) Someone else will buy it instead, probably for £50.
B) No one will buy it and the seat will remain empty.

You got it yet?

(The credit is irrelevant to me, I'd have 18 if I didn't buy one which would sort me for every game next season)

Offline kcbworth

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #181 on: April 21, 2015, 12:21:44 pm »
Complete the following sentence. I'll leave you with options A and B.

If I don't buy my ticket in tomorrow morning's sale. . .

A) Someone else will buy it instead, probably for £50.
B) No one will buy it and the seat will remain empty.

You got it yet?

(The credit is irrelevant to me, I'd have 18 if I didn't buy one which would sort me for every game next season)

Wishful thinking, but I reckon you'd get most of these people onside if the credits went to people stuck on 3 or 4 credits but they still boycotted.

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #182 on: April 21, 2015, 12:39:33 pm »
Some utterly depressing opinions on this.

Our fans who go to the majority of aways are the ones who are most affected by the ridiculous ticket prices. On top of their season tickets they are forking out over £40 for each away ticket. For that reason, these people have a better understanding of the need to reduce ticket prices rather than someone who goes to a few matches a season and are therefore more likely to participate in a protest.

The Hull game presents an opportunity to test the waters. As said above, if we as a fanbase can't do this successfully there is little hope we could get people to stay away from a massive televised game like chelsea / united away. As for boycotting home games, that is a long way off and in my opinion will only ever happen if momentum is built by the hardcore doing it at away games first.

I don't think the lads who came up with this idea are stupid enough to think that this one protest will change the minds of the premier league clubs on ticket pricing but it could be an important first step. If it works, expect there to be more planned, possibly for bigger games on a larger scale.

I'm a season ticket holder with 18 credits. I'll be buying a £10 ticket tomorrow. Not to keep the credit, but to make sure that another seat sits empty. I seriously hope everyone who is eligible does the same.

Offline Jake

• Fuck VAR
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Fuck VAR
« Reply #183 on: April 21, 2015, 12:42:39 pm »
How anybody thinks buying a £10 ticket to keep a whopper from buying a £50 one is a bad thing escapes me.

Fully behind this protest.
I'm not vaccinated against covid and ... I don't wear masks.

Offline Dhlfc92

• Main Stander
« Reply #184 on: April 21, 2015, 12:46:18 pm »
I heard a fella at wembley other day speaking about this, his view was different. He was saying, why hull? Yes it's £50 a ticket but wasn't Norwich a year ago Easter Sunday 12pm kick off meaning lads had to leave at 4-5am to drive down there and ticket prices that day were £40-45. The fella then went onto say why didn't they boycott that? Because we was in a title race? Will they boycott QPR at home and Chelsea away?? ... I'm with the boycott for hull but his points had me thinking.

Offline scouse and proud plc.

• Favourite Song: Eye of the tiger - Survivor. Favourite holiday destination - Siberia. Has a weekend drinking problem.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Alright Aldo........
« Reply #185 on: April 21, 2015, 01:01:19 pm »
I had no intention of going whatsoever anyway, but I'll be buying two if it goes low enough to stop anyone else getting in on them.

Offline BHB

• I'm the (new) Daddy, and a little bit hormonal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS
« Reply #186 on: April 21, 2015, 01:03:31 pm »
Had you thinking about how people can pick fault and create an argument over everything?

It's pretty simple:

1. No protest / boycott was called for last season, or for any other game this season.
2. Hull has been chosen as there are £10 kids tickets available, making it the cheapest way for us to protest
3. It's a Tuesday night game away from home that means nothing, so easy to give it a miss.

Pick the battles you can win.

If we can't get over 500 of the regulars to support this action and spend £10 to miss a game to make a point, then we might as well all pack it in right now, and roll over to have our bellies tickled by every tinpot club that want to raise their prices through the roof with the Liverpool fans come to town.

I've got the full 19 credits and have been to the majority of away games for the past 15 year or so. I'll be buying 3 x £10 tickets in the morning to ensure they go unused.

If you can't do the same, then never moan about ticket prices again - you'll have just given up at the first stage of the fight.

Think about that instead.
A Son of Shankly

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #187 on: April 21, 2015, 01:36:04 pm »
I truly can't understand anyone not supporting this. Not unless you think that ticket pricing structures are reasonable, that is.

I'm not eligible for away tickets, but if I was i'd be buying one and not going. What I can do though, is spread the word, so i'll do that instead.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #188 on: April 21, 2015, 02:08:59 pm »
here is what prices have been this season for our away games (not including the prem initiative money) going from the most expensive to cheapest

adult prices

arsenal  - £64
man city - £55-57
west ham  - £55
Qpr  - £50-55
man utd - £45-55
Tottenham - £48-54
hull  - £50
everton - £41-46
Swansea - £45
Newcastle  - £44
aston villa  - £43
Southampton - £42
burnley  - £40
palace  - £40
Leicester - £40
west brom - £39
sunderland  - £34

young adult/student

Qpr - £45-50
man city  - £46-48
man utd  - £36-43
Southampton - £37
Newcastle - £36
Leicester - £35
villa - £35
hull - £30
palace - £26
burnley  - £25
Swansea - £22.50
west brom - £20
arsenal  - N/A
everton - N/A
sunderland  - N/A
Tottenham - N/A
west ham - N/A

junior

man city - £33-35
west ham - £32
Tottenham  - £25-28
Southampton - £25
Leicester  - £25
Qpr - £22-25
arsenal - £24
Newcastle  - £23
everton - £20.50-23
Swansea  - £22.50
aston villa - £21
palace - £20
burnley - £18
man utd - £18
west brom - £15
sunderland - £12
hull - £12

« Last Edit: April 21, 2015, 02:26:53 pm by paulsheridan08 »

Offline Redman0151

• Stills and Nash Warloch
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #189 on: April 21, 2015, 02:11:39 pm »
^ That Hull one really is a disgrace, don't even have the shit excuse of it being London
"I would say we certainly have the resources to compete with anybody in football." Tom Werner 12/04/2012

Offline paulsheridan08

• Legacy Fan
  • we have dreams and songs to sing
« Reply #190 on: April 21, 2015, 02:12:50 pm »
^ That Hull one really is a disgrace, don't even have the shit excuse of it being London
sunderland are the example to set.

Offline Grobbelrevell

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Travel is fatal to prejudice, bigotry & ignorance
    • The Grobbelramble
« Reply #191 on: April 21, 2015, 02:19:08 pm »
here is what prices have been this season for our away games (not including the prem initiative money) going from the most expensive to cheapest

Now compare them to the prices being charged for supporters of Burnley, Leicester, WBA etc etc.

It's a disgrace. There really is no other way of decribing it.
Twitter | Blog

TRADE COUNT: +19  /  SoS Member 6854

Offline jason67

• He likes the 15cm morning glory boy!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: April 21, 2015, 02:27:22 pm »
How anybody thinks buying a £10 ticket to keep a whopper from buying a £50 one is a bad thing escapes me.

Fully behind this protest.

I agree.

Hopefully it will be noticed by the media and go on from there.

Good luck.
At last the TRUTH 26th April 2016

Still don't buy the s*n.

Offline Alf Garnett

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Upper Centenary
« Reply #193 on: April 21, 2015, 02:29:43 pm »
Now compare them to the prices being charged for supporters of Burnley, Leicester, WBA etc etc.

It's a disgrace. There really is no other way of decribing it.

Would you rather pay Hull's home prices than ours?

A-£40
B-£35
C-£16

LFC mid price
A-£52
B-£47
C-£43

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #194 on: April 21, 2015, 02:30:59 pm »
We need to change things root and branch in Football and while i support any protest it is only good if it is effective, empty seats are effective but you need all of them to be empty to succeed with this protest. I hope you achieve that but if you don't it is a bit like pissing in the wind, in my opinion this needs a nationwide coordinated campaign !

Not likely but if all like minded fans picked just one weekend when all away fans did not travel would that do more than any well meant individual protests which are quickly ignored by the Owners, the Premier, the FA and the Media.,
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Jay_Mc

• Kopite
« Reply #195 on: April 21, 2015, 02:45:18 pm »

We (Spirit Of Shankly) and Spion Kop 1906 have protested at Anfield, met the club when they introduced tiered pricing, and are on the Ticket Working Group discussing prices at Anfield.

What we've said to clubs coming to Anfield is - you are right, it is too expensive. We agree. So if you turn up and want to do something about it, we will support it. Hence an attempted banner across the divide in the derby, one across the divide versus City. There would have been stuff at Newcastle only it was the only game at home around the Hillsborough anniversary
What would you rather - Tell your kids you sat and moaned on an internet forum or that you done something about it

Join Your Union

www.spiritofshankly.com

Offline rhylred

• Here, There and Everywhere Bar Hull City.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #196 on: April 21, 2015, 03:08:04 pm »
Have put it on the ticket & travel thread Denbighshire supporters club will not be travelling to this game,1st game I & the other lads have missed in a few years....

Offline Graham Smith

• Squealer
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • SOS Vice Chair - Former Chair LFC S/Committee
« Reply #197 on: April 21, 2015, 04:34:59 pm »
London, Leicester and North Wales supporters coaches have decided to support the protest.

It is building.
Hunt Bromley got Ringo

@GPS1892

Offline stevo7

• RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • Direct Action Now
« Reply #198 on: April 21, 2015, 04:51:04 pm »
As a lapsed SOS member I've been critical of SOS's direction in that they have seemed to have focused on STH & Away ticketing issues, and nothing for members. But I urge all to support this 100%. We need to drive down prices for all fans and we have to start somewhere.

Offline kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #199 on: April 21, 2015, 04:52:04 pm »
Have put it on the ticket & travel thread Denbighshire supporters club will not be travelling to this game,1st game I & the other lads have missed in a few years....

Well in mate, that is an immense gesture. Thanks to you and all the regulars who are the heartbeat of our club

London, Leicester and North Wales supporters coaches have decided to support the protest.

It is building.

Excellent