Author Topic: NBA Discussion  (Read 603656 times)

Offline The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: NBA Discussion
« Reply #4920 on: June 1, 2018, 04:41:35 am »
I do feel sorry for Lebron, he’s got some brain dead team mates. Should’ve won this game.

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4921 on: June 1, 2018, 04:44:46 am »
These final 2.6 seconds are taking longer than the entire OT. Come on refs.

Thomspon has been thrown out...I guess Green said something he didn't like. Bron was jawing with Steph and Klay...Klay's knee is banged up and is limping to the locker room. Wild night.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4922 on: June 1, 2018, 04:47:33 am »
Warriors got that Real Madrid feeling about them, they always seem to find a way.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4923 on: June 1, 2018, 04:50:26 am »
You get a free throw you gotta find a way. Hill has bottled it. As for JR Smith that was completely braindead and I think LeBron let him know what he thought about it

Offline Ray K

• Loves a shiny helmet. The new IndyKalia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4924 on: June 1, 2018, 08:33:20 am »
Jordan wouldn't have won any damn titles if his best team mate was JR fucking Smith.
"We have to change from doubters to believers"

Twitter: @rjkelly75

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4925 on: June 1, 2018, 09:16:15 am »
Jesus fucking Christ, if you don't feel sorry for LeBron at this point you're not doing it right. 51 points, 8 assists and 8 boards and still his teammates need him to do more.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4926 on: June 1, 2018, 09:28:40 am »

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4927 on: June 1, 2018, 09:56:39 am »
r/NBA always delivers:

"JR Smith says he will be putting Game 2 of the 2018 NBA Finals behind him and just try to focus on the next game, Game 3."

"We didn't make it all the way to the World Series for nothing." - JR Smith

Sunday afternoon's top post:
 [Windhorst] J.R. Smith First Cav To Arrive At Quicken Loans Arena For Pre-Game Shootaround

"Finals?"

“What you mean, playoffs?”

“We’re this close to the Stanley cup”

“Hopefully we can hit all the touchdowns to win the race.” JR

"This moment will haunt JR until hes half way though his post game blunt"
Blame me for all the draft threads on RAWK

Offline Dread Breath

• Resident Lecter. Convicted of crimes against Andrew Symonds and pensioned off to Australia.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4928 on: June 1, 2018, 09:59:34 am »

Ha ha, someone wrote Lebron looks like a disappointed Amish father.

He's the GOAT though. Unreal what he's done; only in one Finals series has he gone with a team that was an ELO favourite. No one in the game's history has done so much with so little.

Offline MattyBoy21

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4929 on: June 1, 2018, 10:16:26 am »
Man, what a way to lose for LeBron. Clarkson was horrible.

Offline Clayton Bigsby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4930 on: June 1, 2018, 10:34:49 am »
He has to have an ATG night next up because otherwise that play will be on his tombstone.

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4931 on: June 1, 2018, 12:47:42 pm »
Jordan wouldn't have won any damn titles if his best team mate was JR fucking Smith.
Well, Lebron's best teammate is Kevin Love rather :D

Offline elsewhere

• Turning Japanese, I think I'm turning Japanese, I really think I mean African, so...
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4932 on: June 1, 2018, 12:52:55 pm »
As a Warriors fan clearly we were so lucky to win this one. Hill could've made that FT or JR could've just shot it before the RT, refs could've stuck with the call instead of changing etc etc. Mentally Cavs were gone by the end of regular time after those comical series of mistakes. And now there are talks of Kevin Love missing next game because he was in the court during scuffle and TT may miss because of the foul to Draymond. I think both will play and should play. I hate that 'not leaving bench' suspensions to my guts anyways. That stupid suspension caused Phoenix Suns an NBA title imo when Diaw and Amare was suspended.

As many mentioned, you just can not ignore at how amazing level Lebron has been playing. It's just incredible, I feel lucky to be alive and see all that even though I am a Warriors fan.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4933 on: June 1, 2018, 01:02:40 pm »
Best game I've seen all year.

Bron plays that well and Dubs miss that many 3's and they still lose?

Offline Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4934 on: June 1, 2018, 01:03:26 pm »
Best game I've seen all year.

Bron plays that well and Dubs miss that many 3's and they still lose?

Yep, the sweep is very much on. I think LBJ needs to score 70 for them to win a game.

Offline Ray K

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truthiness
« Reply #4935 on: June 1, 2018, 01:58:51 pm »
Yep, the sweep is very much on. I think LBJ needs to score 70 for them to win a game.

Referees not giving the Dubs bullshit calls would also help enormously.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4936 on: June 1, 2018, 03:22:35 pm »
Not enough, needs 20 rebounds and 15 assists with that.

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4937 on: June 1, 2018, 03:35:14 pm »
wish I could watch the odd game without having to give up 4 hours of sleep with work the next day!

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4938 on: June 1, 2018, 03:38:06 pm »
Joe Borgia Discusses Overturned Call In Game 1

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Dr3CTo61hfo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Dr3CTo61hfo</a>

Offline Lush is the best medicine...

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4939 on: June 1, 2018, 07:07:08 pm »

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4940 on: June 1, 2018, 08:03:43 pm »
wish I could watch the odd game without having to give up 4 hours of sleep with work the next day!
I know right, I am watching it but very challenging. Miss my US days for that but then again it sucked watching Liverpool early in Saturday and Sunday mornings ;D

Online GreatEx

• pectations. might be a cunt but isn't a capitalist cunt. Blissfully ignorant.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4941 on: June 2, 2018, 04:17:04 am »
Well, Lebron's best teammate is Kevin Love rather :D

Yeah, I mean I know this fucking Jordan v. James debate is one we're all hopelessly obsessed with, but come on. Kevin Love averaged 26.1/12.5/4.4 the season before he came to Cleveland, and even playing second fiddle he's not far off a 20-10 average, yet people keep going on as though James is a lone hand surrounded by garbage. I'll give y'all the "shit coach" thing, but the "shit teammates" angle should not be overplayed lest one counter with the "GOATs make the people around them better" cliché.

P.S. defense wins championships lol

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #4942 on: June 2, 2018, 09:37:55 am »
Ha
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4943 on: June 2, 2018, 10:57:48 am »
Yeah, I mean I know this fucking Jordan v. James debate is one we're all hopelessly obsessed with, but come on. Kevin Love averaged 26.1/12.5/4.4 the season before he came to Cleveland, and even playing second fiddle he's not far off a 20-10 average, yet people keep going on as though James is a lone hand surrounded by garbage. I'll give y'all the "shit coach" thing, but the "shit teammates" angle should not be overplayed lest one counter with the "GOATs make the people around them better" cliché.

P.S. defense wins championships lol
when bron had wade and bosh or Kyrie and k-love he was 3-4, never mind some useful role players like battier, mike miller, mr Kardashian etc so the only time the shit teammates argument can be used is 2018 and 2007 (even then there were some decent ones like ilguauskas and good experience with the likes of snow and hughes)

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4944 on: June 2, 2018, 01:57:30 pm »
Part of the reason that they are a one man team is Lebron's fault, he holds the ball around 14 seconds every posession, if he decides to pass it his team mates have no time to execute so they rush their shots, they miss, they lose confidence, so look for Lebron all the time, and his numbers keep going up.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4945 on: June 2, 2018, 02:08:02 pm »
Part of the reason that they are a one man team is Lebron's fault, he holds the ball around 14 seconds every posession, if he decides to pass it his team mates have no time to execute so they rush their shots, they miss, they lose confidence, so look for Lebron all the time, and his numbers keep going up.

Yeah exactly. 3rd quarter the other night, he sunk two 3’s, couple mid-range shots in a few mins and looked unstoppable. But then he decided he needed to keep trying to force the issue and proceeded to miss his next 6 FG attempts, only to be subbed out towards the end of the quarter. He is obviously miles ahead of everyone else, but that shouldn’t excuse you from being greedy all the time. And it’s surprising given how good a passer he is. He didn’t do that at Boston in game 7 and that allowed everyone to build confidence and make their shots, even JR Smith for fuck sake!

Ha

That is brilliant  ;D

Offline BigJimFinn

• Main Stander
« Reply #4946 on: June 2, 2018, 02:21:41 pm »
Remember, JR Smith and Tristan Thompson are on this Cavaliers team only because LeBron wanted them and told the club to pay them. Just as their head coach is Ty Lue because LeBron appointed him. It is a shame that GM LeBron has sabotaged player LeBron from having a chance for the level of success his otherworldly talent would deserve.

Offline elsewhere

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4947 on: June 2, 2018, 04:06:55 pm »
Do we have to talk about Jordan every single  we talk about Lebron and the Cavs?

Meanwhile, Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love will play next game, none suspended.

Ty Lue is an idiot, he has a very good player in Cedi and he froze that kid for months, didn’t even give garbage time minutes durin the post season,  unbelievable idiocy from him. Give the kid to Popovic and he will be a productive NBA starter.

Offline Dread Breath

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4948 on: June 3, 2018, 04:53:23 am »

Yeah exactly. 3rd quarter the other night, he sunk two 3’s, couple mid-range shots in a few mins and looked unstoppable. But then he decided he needed to keep trying to force the issue and proceeded to miss his next 6 FG attempts, only to be subbed out towards the end of the quarter. He is obviously miles ahead of everyone else, but that shouldn’t excuse you from being greedy all the time. And it’s surprising given how good a passer he is. He didn’t do that at Boston in game 7 and that allowed everyone to build confidence and make their shots, even JR Smith for fuck sake!

With all due respect, both of those are pretty clueless takes.

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4949 on: June 3, 2018, 12:40:08 pm »
There were games scheduled every other day during the conference finals.  We get to the finals and there’s one game every 3 days.  What a great way to kill any enthusiasm for what is likely to be a 5 game series. 

Offline b_joseph

• b_jesus, b_mary, b_joseph and the wee b_donkey. Unloyal gloryhunter who was probably Kelly Osbourne in another life.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4950 on: June 3, 2018, 03:57:20 pm »
Of all the major perimeter players to ever play this game. I don't think any of them have been a more willing passer than Lebron...the take is interesting because he spent the first 8-9 years of his career being moaned at for not shooting enough and being to eager to give the ball up.

These days, he has found perfect balance but he has found it while playing for the least talented team he has been on since the mid 2000's.

There were games scheduled every other day during the conference finals.  We get to the finals and there’s one game every 3 days.  What a great way to kill any enthusiasm for what is likely to be a 5 game series.
Its always been this way for the Finals. And the spacing of games hasn't hurt the finals before...as long as people think there is a legit reason to watch the game beyond an easy coronation.
« Last Edit: June 3, 2018, 03:59:18 pm by b_joseph »

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4951 on: June 3, 2018, 08:54:48 pm »

Offline LiverLuke

• RAWK's Respectable Poster Boy :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4952 on: June 3, 2018, 09:31:34 pm »
he really is an idiot.

Offline Broad Spectrum

• Antibiotic
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4953 on: June 3, 2018, 09:34:05 pm »
‘But I tell him all the time, he has a opportunity to play with me as well’... :lmao

Of course you do JR, of course you do.

Offline Lynndenberries

• Not iste björksmak
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sun don't shine in the shade
« Reply #4954 on: June 3, 2018, 09:54:26 pm »
Should be another intriguing game tonight. I’m interested to see if the Cavs can bounce back after Thursday and if the Warriors actually play  to their potential (seems to be a rare sight nowadays). I expect it to be another close game, assuming Klay’s minutes are limited and Iguodala is out.

I love mankind; it's people I can't stand.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4955 on: June 4, 2018, 12:47:47 am »

:lmao

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4956 on: June 4, 2018, 03:22:20 am »
Forget Lebron, lets talk about Steph Curry.

Online amir87

• gay-billeygoat-no-mates with a fetish for water sports. interrogative fingering, and nutella on his plums. possibly with his left phalange.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4957 on: June 4, 2018, 03:27:02 am »
Forget Lebron, lets talk about Steph Curry.

Some insane shots. Greatest shooter of all time.

Offline The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4958 on: June 4, 2018, 03:37:57 am »
Some insane shots. Greatest shooter of all time.

Never seen anything like it, when hes in the zone, its like a computer game in cheat mode.

• FUCK THE POLICE - NWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4959 on: June 4, 2018, 06:44:27 am »
JR Smith getting ‘M-V-P’ chants :lmao