Author Topic: Serie A  (Read 312423 times)

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
Re: Serie A
« Reply #1880 on: June 17, 2020, 11:39:29 pm »
Take the trophy out the stadium, stick it in the boot on the bus home, park in the middle of town, walk out into the middle of a public square, lift it there.  Take note Hendo.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1881 on: June 18, 2020, 05:08:03 am »
Gattuso's sister died recently and she was only 37 so delighted for him that he's able to enjoy winning this trophy.

Offline kloppagetime

• Is severely disappointed with Liverpool’s performance levels in 2020, especially pre-season.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1882 on: June 22, 2020, 10:42:50 am »
Atalanta are so good to watch another four goals yesterday, their game against Lazio on Wednesday night should be a cracker between the best two coached sides in the league.

Offline Hendollama

• Baldanovski stan. Injustice can be committed only by persons who cannot be touched, only by persons who have power and authority.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1883 on: June 22, 2020, 10:38:56 pm »
How has Danilo managed to play for Real, City and Juventus?
Happy is the man who avoids hardship, but how fine is the man who is afflicted and shows endurance.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1884 on: June 24, 2020, 10:27:36 pm »
Mad night. Inter draw 3-3 with Sassuolo and now Lazio 3-2 down at Atalanta after being 2-0 up.

Online DelTrotter

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1885 on: June 24, 2020, 10:30:00 pm »
Obviously couldn't see much of tonight but it's by far the best league to watch for me. Loads of fun teams, anyone who says it's boring hasn't been watching for years or only sees Juventus games.

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1886 on: June 24, 2020, 10:31:52 pm »
Atalanta are joy. What a gang of lads they are, putting on shows every other game.

Offline BobPaisley3

• SirAlexFerguson2, the bad manc twat :)
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • PGMOL fanboy
« Reply #1887 on: June 24, 2020, 10:37:23 pm »
Atalanta are joy. What a gang of lads they are, putting on shows every other game.
Would love to see them win the Champions league. Sides like them usually come up short but they’ve got so much motivation after what’s happened there.
94 Corner to us. Last kick. Ali in the box and he’s scored

Online Gerry Attrick

• Sancho's dad. Tight-arse, non-jackpot-sharing get :)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1888 on: June 24, 2020, 10:39:49 pm »
Would love to see them win the Champions league. Sides like them usually come up short but they’ve got so much motivation after what’s happened there.

They're like Monaco were in Jardim's halcyon days. I agree with you on all counts.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1889 on: June 24, 2020, 10:41:50 pm »
Agreed best team to watch in world football and they are so dangerous going forward even if they are 4-0 down in a game you wouldn't be shocked if they got a result. The job Gasperini has done with them has to up there with the best managerial jobs of the decade, I also loved watching Gasperini's Genoa side with Milito and Motta before Inter took them two.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1890 on: June 25, 2020, 12:42:21 am »
They're like Monaco were in Jardim's halcyon days. I agree with you on all counts.

I kinda disagree. Monaco had elite talents in their team. No disrespect to Atalanta players but none of them are as good Mbappe, Fabinho, Moutinho, Bernado silva etc.

I do really like Goosens, Zapata and Ilicic a lot though.

They more similar to us in 12/13 season. Great going forward, dodgy defence but always entertaining.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1891 on: June 25, 2020, 03:09:02 pm »
I kinda disagree. Monaco had elite talents in their team. No disrespect to Atalanta players but none of them are as good Mbappe, Fabinho, Moutinho, Bernado silva etc.

I do really like Goosens, Zapata and Ilicic a lot though.

They more similar to us in 12/13 season. Great going forward, dodgy defence but always entertaining.

Ilicic is among the best players in Serie-A this season.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1892 on: June 25, 2020, 03:09:21 pm »
Gagliardini miss in the Inter game that could of put them 3-1 up and it ended up finishing 3-3  ;D

https://mobile.twitter.com/90min_Football/status/1275867737621958658

Offline Phil M

• YNWA
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Bravery is believing in yourself" Rafael Benitez
    • I coulda been a contenda.....
« Reply #1893 on: June 25, 2020, 03:12:04 pm »
Atalanta are so good to watch another four goals yesterday, their game against Lazio on Wednesday night should be a cracker between the best two coached sides in the league.

Was completely uneventful. :boring
It's true to say that if Shankly had told us to invade Poland we'd be queuing up 10 deep all the way from Anfield to the Pier Head.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1894 on: June 25, 2020, 03:27:51 pm »
There goes Lazio's chance of catcing Juventus.

it's mental that Atalanta got trashed by Zagreb in the group stages

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #1895 on: June 25, 2020, 04:37:40 pm »

it's mental that Atalanta got trashed by Zagreb in the group stages

Aye, they make for a great watch mate - one way or the other ;D
Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1896 on: June 26, 2020, 03:22:54 pm »
Inter looking to sign Hakimi and Sandro Tonali, if Inter pull those two signings off no excuses for Conte next season he has to challenge for the league.

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1897 on: June 26, 2020, 08:41:44 pm »
Inter looking to sign Hakimi and Sandro Tonali, if Inter pull those two signings off no excuses for Conte next season he has to challenge for the league.

He should had been doing so this year, he's got a better squad than lazio.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1898 on: June 26, 2020, 10:51:11 pm »
Ilicic is among the best players in Serie-A this season.

I love him. But I do think his performances have a lot to do with the system they play. I wouldn't say he as talented as Mbappe for example. He has great technique, a thunderous shot and good game intelligence.

But Atalanta's system creates a scenario that leads their attackers to shine and occasionally make their defenders look like mugs.

Reminds me of a bit of Zeman's teams.

Offline sinnermichael

• I copy other people's photoshops and twitter posts and texts and pretend they're mine.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1899 on: June 27, 2020, 10:35:36 pm »
Massive comeback from Lazio.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1900 on: June 27, 2020, 11:04:44 pm »
Simone Inzaghi is brilliant the character he's installed into that group of players to never give in is very Klopp like

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1901 on: June 28, 2020, 12:52:35 am »
He should had been doing so this year, he's got a better squad than lazio.

Yes, but better than Juve's? Nope.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1902 on: June 28, 2020, 03:23:48 am »
Yes, but better than Juve's? Nope.

I agree, but they've dropped some silly points. They should be at least keeping pace with Lazio

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1903 on: June 28, 2020, 07:40:17 am »
I am with defacto on this Conte should be getting Inter to challenge if Lazio can and for me it just goes to show that Inzaghi is a superior coach to Conte. Hopefully Inzaghi stays at Lazio for a long long time as I don't want him anywhere near the Premier League.

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1904 on: June 28, 2020, 08:18:19 pm »
Atalanta games are just mad. They're like us in 2013/14. Score and concede for fun.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1905 on: June 28, 2020, 10:28:24 pm »
Atalanta gonna end up finishing 3rd again at this rate as Inter are currently losing 1-0 to Parma.

Inter turned it around 2-1 now
« Last Edit: June 28, 2020, 10:35:43 pm by kloppagetime »

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1906 on: June 29, 2020, 01:27:09 am »
I agree, but they've dropped some silly points. They should be at least keeping pace with Lazio

They should be. Agreed. They're 4 points behind Lazio who're in turn 4 points behind Juve.

Hope we have a good title race.

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #1907 on: June 29, 2020, 01:32:04 am »
I am with defacto on this Conte should be getting Inter to challenge if Lazio can and for me it just goes to show that Inzaghi is a superior coach to Conte. Hopefully Inzaghi stays at Lazio for a long long time as I don't want him anywhere near the Premier League.

You have to keep in mind that this is the 4th season for Simeone Inzaghi at Lazio, so he has a set team and this is Conte's 1st season with Inter. Inzaghi is really good to have brought them this far, but how can you conclude that he is better than Conte, who has won titles in two different top leagues already and is much more proven?

Btw, Conte won the League and the FA Cup in two seasons at Chelsea, if Klopp did the same in the next two seasons, we'd be calling those two seasons as a success. Trigger happy Chelsea sacked him straight away, but then they keep hiring and sacking managers, even those that won them League titles. I know Sarri is not loved that much in England, but he took Napoli to 91 points and still finished 2nd - it would've won the league in most Serie-A seasons. He is under-rated. He wins the Europa League, finishes 3rd behind 98 and 97 point scoring teams and still gets sacked at Chelsea in 1 season without having a chance to implement his philosophy. Lampard is doing a good job, but he won't get them near a title how much ever they spend.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 01:42:38 am by PoetryInMotion »

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1908 on: June 29, 2020, 07:18:21 pm »
I see Buffon's signed for another year.

Haha.

https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1277617483638288389

Offline RedForeverTT

• Legacy Fan
  • Did I hear you say you "No"?
« Reply #1909 on: June 29, 2020, 08:30:13 pm »
I see Buffon's signed for another year.

Haha.

https://twitter.com/RichJolly/status/1277617483638288389
Longevity as its finest.

Maybe he has lost a bit of agility but his positional sense is one of the best ever.

I’ll have him over Jordan Pickford any day.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/53224872

Offline sinnermichael

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1910 on: June 30, 2020, 08:11:14 pm »
Lazio turn it around from 1-0 down again.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1911 on: June 30, 2020, 08:33:26 pm »
Backing them to win at half time when they are 1-0 down has been a gold mine this season, they are the Serie A version of the mentality monsters

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1912 on: July 1, 2020, 12:15:50 am »
Ronaldo is going to score 20 plus league goals into his 40's isn't he?   :o

Offline Dull Tools

• Likes James Corden.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1913 on: July 2, 2020, 06:05:33 pm »
Amazing signing by Inter getting Hakimi. God knows why no one in Prem has gone for him. His numbers are right up there with Trent's. He will work perfectly as s right wing back for a Conte team.

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1914 on: July 2, 2020, 07:48:54 pm »
These boys from Bergamo are magic  8)

Offline Dynasty

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1915 on: July 4, 2020, 05:42:48 pm »
Ronaldo proving why he's the GOAT for me 35 fucking years old and people say Mane and Salah are old  ;D

Offline kloppagetime

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1916 on: July 4, 2020, 10:04:48 pm »
Lazio been terrible today title race over now, getting torn apart by Milan.

Offline Iska

• Legacy Fan
  • The only club that matters
« Reply #1917 on: July 4, 2020, 11:37:31 pm »
Ah shame. I was looking at the fixtures and saw Juve had Milan next - thought that might be the last chance for them to drop big points, but unfortunately Milan turned up a game early.

Online BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1918 on: July 7, 2020, 07:47:37 am »
Now official.

Ralf Rangnick agrees to become Milan manager for start of 2020-21 season

Milan have reached a deal with Ralf Rangnick to become the club’s new manager for the 2020-21 season. The German will replace Stefano Pioli, who has been in charge since October last year.

The 62-year-old Rangnick has already agreed to become the club’s new manager but will also hold discussions with the Milan hierarchy to combine that role with that of sporting director, a position currently held by Paolo Maldini.

Rangnick made his name as a manager of Hoffenheim and RB Leipzig in Germany and has also been sporting director for Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg. He has been working as head of sport and development at Red Bull since the summer of 2019.

The 62-year-old has been linked with several high-profile jobs in the past year, including Manchester United and Bayern Munich. He has now agreed a deal, expected to be for three years, to take over the Rossoneri after the current season.

Pioli has actually overseen an improvement in results in recent weeks but the club are still in seventh, 29 points behind leaders Juventus, who they meet on Tuesday night, and 17 points adrift of Atalanta in fourth.

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2020/jul/07/ralf-rangnick-agrees-to-become-milan-manager-for-start-of-2020-21-season
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline aw1991

• Legacy Fan
  • Love Firmino, hate bastards
« Reply #1919 on: July 7, 2020, 08:57:42 am »
Now official.

Ralf Rangnick agrees to become Milan manager for start of 2020-21 season
I'm intrigued by this project. If Ralf is given enough trust he could be their Klopp. It would take time but I genuinely believe he could at the very least kick them in the right direction for the first time since 2012.