The Liverpool FC Forum > Ticket and Travel Info

Members Sales

<< < (7596/8606) > >>

Athleticobil:

--- Quote from: Barneylfc∗ on February 27, 2024, 05:55:20 pm ---On the contrary, I'd say it's a bit of a pain in the bollocks.

Fly from wherever to Belfast International. Have to get a 40 minute bus to Europa. Then get a train to either Lanyon Place or Lisburn/Portadown to get on the Enterprise to Dublin which is only every 90 minutes or 2 hours and sit on the train for a couple of hours.
A quick flight direct to Dublin suddenly becomes a 4 or 5 hour journey if you go via Belfast.
Flying into the City would eliminate the 40 minute bus journey, but you're then having to get a taxi from there to Lanyon for the train. c*nts would probably charge £20 for a 5 minute drive.
The bus service doesn't seem to be much better. I don't see anything on Translink website with any special services for it.

--- End quote ---

Wholeheartedly agree with this, it’s a pain in the backside unless you have a car in Belfast. Having saved money in various ways travelling home to Dublin from very expensive matches, I would put landing in Belfast Int, below travelling to Birmingham or sail / rail option of Liverpool, Chester, Anglesea, Dublin. In terms of simplicity and time wasted. 

mighty magpie:
There's a 705x or something ran by aircoach that would take out a lot of that. Stops at international, city airport then dublin airport. 1 bus then dublin airport to city centre.

Edit. This bus goes to dublin city centre.

https://www.aircoach.ie/plan-journey/fares/route-705-city-express-belfast-dublin-airport-and-dublin-city-centre

Barneylfc∗:

--- Quote from: mighty magpie on February 27, 2024, 09:52:59 pm ---There's a 705x or something ran by aircoach that would take out a lot of that. Stops at international, city airport then dublin airport. 1 bus then dublin airport to city centre.

https://www.aircoach.ie/plan-journey/fares/route-705-city-express-belfast-dublin-airport-and-dublin-city-centre

--- End quote ---

That's decent, wasn't aware of it. However wouldn't fancy sitting on it for 3 hours  :D

Would definitely depend on how much cheaper it would work out if I was looking at it. Would need to be saving 3 figures to consider it.

Bonzai25:

--- Quote from: mighty magpie on February 27, 2024, 09:52:59 pm ---There's a 705x or something ran by aircoach that would take out a lot of that. Stops at international, city airport then dublin airport. 1 bus then dublin airport to city centre.

--- End quote ---
Just for info, This bus doesn't go to Belfast City Airport any longer!!

pl_kop_1969:

--- Quote from: Atleticobil on February 27, 2024, 08:44:03 pm ---Wholeheartedly agree with this, it’s a pain in the backside unless you have a car in Belfast. Having saved money in various ways travelling home to Dublin from very expensive matches, I would put landing in Belfast Int, below travelling to Birmingham or sail / rail option of Liverpool, Chester, Anglesea, Dublin. In terms of simplicity and time wasted.

--- End quote ---
Flights from Manchester to Dublin are a lot cheaper than from Liverpool although more than from Birmingham. Might be a better option depending where you live and your appetite for driving etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version