The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool Life

Guide to Liverpool for visitors

<< < (22/23) > >>

redbyrdz:

--- Quote from: So... Howard Phillips on June 19, 2021, 09:34:13 pm ---

Jebediah had a similar request a couple of weeks ago.

--- End quote ---

Yep, lots of suggestions here: https://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=347808.0

Also depending when you come,  and if its been cancelled or not (haven't checked), there usually is some sort of event at the Albert dock on the bank holiday weekend.

MrGrumpy:
We did the Cavern Club Magical Mystery Tour today, I can recommend it for both Beatles lovers and casual fans.
https://www.cavernclub.com/the-magical-mystery-tour/

Overall, the girls and I enjoyed our mini break in Liverpool. They saw the city for the first time, I revisited a lot of childhood landmarks. I’d forgotten what a friendly and good looking city it is.

indianscouser:
I am going to be in Liverpool for 3 days during the weekend of the Watford game (managed to score a ticket!). I was looking for a suggestion on some nice localities to stay (Airbnb?) as the City Centre is just so expensive. I want to stay in a place from where I can get to Anfield and the City Centre in about 15-20 mins. Any advice or tips would be most appreciated.

gazzam1963:

--- Quote from: indianscouser on March 14, 2022, 11:21:51 pm ---I am going to be in Liverpool for 3 days during the weekend of the Watford game (managed to score a ticket!). I was looking for a suggestion on some nice localities to stay (Airbnb?) as the City Centre is just so expensive. I want to stay in a place from where I can get to Anfield and the City Centre in about 15-20 mins. Any advice or tips would be most appreciated.

--- End quote ---

Some of the pubs around the ground now have rooms ( the cabbage hall , the flat iron , the sandon all five mins walk to the ground and decent bus or taxi routes into the city centre , think you find most places will be more expensive match day . Had a quick look and the cabbage hall is £110 a night for 3 people

Would still recommend staying in the centre just for the fact there is more to do and see on the non match days unless you are doing the museum and tour

indianscouser:

--- Quote from: gazzam1963 on March 15, 2022, 09:00:39 pm ---Some of the pubs around the ground now have rooms ( the cabbage hall , the flat iron , the sandon all five mins walk to the ground and decent bus or taxi routes into the city centre , think you find most places will be more expensive match day . Had a quick look and the cabbage hall is £110 a night for 3 people

Would still recommend staying in the centre just for the fact there is more to do and see on the non match days unless you are doing the museum and tour

--- End quote ---

Thank you. Yes, others I have spoken with also recommend centre is the place to be.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version