Author Topic: Rocky IV  (Read 4389 times)

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Rocky IV
« Reply #80 on: November 19, 2021, 08:11:33 am »
All shite.

Offline Chip Evans

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: November 19, 2021, 09:09:52 pm »
RII...

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/-fG78g2Ayxg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/-fG78g2Ayxg</a>

The head on him when he finally catches that poor chicken. :lmao

Offline Drinks Sangria

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'I'm caught on your coat again.'
« Reply #82 on: November 20, 2021, 08:39:29 am »
Stallone must have put insane hours into the gym for his physique in this film - and all the Rocky films. I know he was caught years later with enhancers, but he was in serious shape. Lundgren too, though he was substantially younger and coming off the back of being a European Martial Arts Champion, in karate I believe.

Absolutely iconic villain.
“Seeing these smiling faces is the greatest pleasure. They have been magnificent all season. They have been our 12th man. I have always said our fans are the best in England. Now I know they are the best in Europe too.” Rafa Benitez

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: November 20, 2021, 01:44:55 pm »
Booked in for the directors cut & QA on Thursday night with my lad.

Looking forward to it.

Watched it on a Friday night when it was released. Half the school must heve been crammed in the cinema. Absolute scenes during the final fight.  Flailing arms everywhere. Oh the memories :)

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #84 on: November 20, 2021, 01:48:43 pm »
I remember a couple of years ago seeing it was on Netflix and telling my kids they’d love it and then seeing them watching in horror after Apollo got his head knocked off. Not sure they finished it!

Offline Red-Soldier

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: November 21, 2021, 03:58:18 pm »
Has anyone seen the recut version? Going to see it on Saturday afternoon before the Arsenal game and I'm pumped, robot or not.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/A_hLdPRsssE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/A_hLdPRsssE</a>

Seems totally different and has really fleshed out the character development.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2021, 04:51:36 pm by Red-Soldier »

Offline Alf

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Leader of Alf Quaida & the Scaliban
« Reply #86 on: November 22, 2021, 11:14:12 am »
My favourite of all the Rocky films, those training montages make the film.

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #87 on: December 4, 2021, 10:37:40 am »
Rocky II was always my fav but Rocky IV runs it close and definitely has the best soundtrack. Never a big fan of Rocky III
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
« Reply #88 on: December 4, 2021, 01:40:39 pm »
Rocky II was always my fav but Rocky IV runs it close and definitely has the best soundtrack. Never a big fan of Rocky III

Thunderlips is here! In the flesh, babeh!
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #89 on: December 4, 2021, 04:21:55 pm »
It's no Ricky 1
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #90 on: December 5, 2021, 01:35:08 am »
It's no Ricky 1

Ricky 1 was a boss character study of hard times and class and the meaning of a journey rather than mere triumph; glory in finding oneself

The other Rickies wasn't as succintly about this

Offline Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 8, 2021, 09:53:21 am »
The directors cut was quite good.  Went with my lad but was a nostalgia trip for me.  Sly had cut loads of the silly stuff, most notably, Paulie's robot.  They also did away with some of the Rocky Jnr shmaltzy stuff (Teary eyed kid sat in front of the TV with his mates and mouthing "I love you" at the screen and suchlike).

The Apollo's grand entrance to James Brown rocking Living in America was brilliant. I actually appreciated the absurdity of it al this time round now I'm lots older and understand properly what was going on at the time.

The Drago and Rocky comparison training montages' are still great

Love the bit following a gruelling workout in the high-tech gym, they show the needle going into Drago's arm

Meanwhile... Somewhere in Texas, USA.  A 14-year-old Lance Armstrong gazed on in wonder at the chemically enhanced pesky Russian.