Author Topic: Pre-Season Thread  (Read 431622 times)

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
Pre-season 2022
« Reply #2361 on: June 12, 2022, 02:24:38 pm »
Getting bored of the transfer thread already and couldn't see another thread on pre-season, so...

Not long now until the lads are back in training and pre-season starts. The schedule looks like this:
16th June - PL fixtures announced this Thursday
2nd July – Back for pre-season training
12th July – Friendly v Man United in Bangkok
15th July – Friendly v Crystal Palace in Singapore
European Training Camp is yet to be confirmed, likely back in Austria. Probably a couple of friendlies thrown in.
31st July – Community Shield v Man City in Leicester
6th August – New season begins

We'll also probably have a local friendly between the Community Shield and first league game for anyone who's late back to training and needs minutes in their legs (they'll be unlikely to start the first game).

Things to discuss:
Our first overseas tour for a while - anyone have any great memories from past tours?
Any overseas reds looking forward to seeing the lads in action?
Who of the new players will be getting a run out against Utd?
Who are you most looking forward to seeing?
Do you expect to see any formational or tactical tweaks honed in pre-season?
Any other surprises you have a hunch about?

No transfer or contract talk please.

Can't believe the season will be well under way before I'm back from me hols  :o

Offline Goalposts for Jumpers

• Mon Ranager's Alter-Ego.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-season 2022
« Reply #2362 on: June 12, 2022, 02:31:36 pm »
Anyone else seen this:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/04/tickets-for-liverpool-vs-man-united-friendly-more-expensive-than-champions-league-final/

Tickets for Liverpool vs. Man United friendly more expensive than Champions League final

Fans in Bangkok are being charged an extortionate rate to see Liverpool vs. Man United in pre-season, with ticket prices higher than the Champions League final.

On Thursday, a joint announcement from Liverpool and Man United confirmed the two long-standing rivals will meet in a pre-season friendly in Thailand this summer.

Simply billed as ‘The Match’, the clash will take place at the Rajamangala Stadium in Bangkok on July 12, and is to kick off the Reds’ summer warmup.

It will be the first time Liverpool have embarked on a pre-season tour since 2019, and the first time they have headed to the Far East since 2017.

But it appears organisers are cashing in on the rarity of the visit, and the profile of the friendly, with ticket prices revealed ahead of the pre-sale on April 1.

There are seven price bands, ranging from 5,000 baht in category 5 to 25,000 baht in the ‘platinum’ seats, which run along the sides of the pitch.

It seems as though the majority of seats are within the ‘silver’ band, which are priced at 20,000 baht a ticket.

For those in England, then, the prices range from £114 for the cheapest seats to £569.50 for the most expensive, while ‘silver’ tickets are £455.50.

The minimum wage in Bangkok is around £226 a month.

As significant an occasion this may be for those fans in the Far East who have long dreamed of seeing Jurgen Klopp‘s Reds, that is over £100 for the worst seat in the house.

There are no guarantees over the players involved for the friendly, with no real incentive despite the ‘Bangkok Century Cup’ being up for grabs.

And the ridiculous pricing structure is made worse when compared to tickets for the 2022 Champions League final – or even season tickets at Anfield.

In February, UEFA announced a price freeze for category 3 and category 4 tickets for the next three men’s finals, as well as providing 5,000 free tickets to each club this year as a goodwill gesture after the COVID-19 pandemic.

Category 4 tickets are priced at £59 and category 3 tickets at £151.80, while in 2021, category 2 tickets cost £380 and category 1 tickets £506.

Prices for tickets in categories 1 and 2 are likely to rise for 2022, but it remains staggering that Thai fans are being charged more for a pre-season friendly.

Meanwhile, Liverpool announced in March that season-ticket prices had been frozen for the seventh year running, with the most expensive tickets in the Main Stand priced at £869 for the campaign.

Though there are issues with availability when it comes to Liverpool season tickets – with over 70,000 people on the waiting list – the least expensive, sat in the far corners of the Kop, costs £685 for 19 Premier League games.

Does the club have any say in this, or is it up to the organisers? Pretty mad prices for a friendly against a pub team.  ;D

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2363 on: June 12, 2022, 03:06:22 pm »
Anyone else seen this:

https://www.thisisanfield.com/2022/04/tickets-for-liverpool-vs-man-united-friendly-more-expensive-than-champions-league-final/

Does the club have any say in this, or is it up to the organisers? Pretty mad prices for a friendly against a pub team.  ;D

There's still plenty of internationals up till Tuesday. The United game is 4 weeks later, so I doubt will be a full team out anyway. I'd imagine quite a few will only return for training that week.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2364 on: June 14, 2022, 12:26:16 am »
Games are planned against RB Leipzig and Red Bull Salzburg prior to the Community Shield match with Manchester City.

Offline Mighty_Red

• Rojo Poderoso!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the King...
    • Join the fight - SOS
« Reply #2365 on: June 14, 2022, 07:47:31 am »
Anyone else seen this:

Guessing it's the organisers as Liverpool would never charge that for friendlies. Paid about £65 when we played Barca at Wembley 6 years ago and those weren't the cheapest tickets tho that was an ICC event.

Obvious greed but I guess they know it will sell out and probably would still sell out for double.
Some clubs were always destined for greatness...

Online kavah

• the Blacksmith. Definitely NOT from Blackpool!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2366 on: June 14, 2022, 08:18:02 am »
I’m looking forward to seeing the mighty reds in Singapore. I’m sure everyone knows there are loads of reds here and there will be loads of Perth and Jakarta reds in town too  :scarf :scarf :scarf

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #2367 on: June 14, 2022, 09:31:36 am »

Where's this from?

We only tend to play one home game prior to the beginning of the season don't we? Typically a 'bigger' side at home the week prior to the start of the season (recalling Dortmund, Barcelona, Napoli...) - will the Community Shield replace this usual match? It's high time I took my cousin to see a match, and 'that' friendly would be a good one.

Looking back, it looks as though we didn't have a home match in 2019 and had a lower-key match with Blackpool in 2020.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2022, 10:16:57 am by jackh »

Offline GinKop

• He's going to run to you (ooh-oooh). Knows a techtard when he sees one
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • FORZA MILANO
« Reply #2368 on: June 14, 2022, 10:18:13 am »
Where's this from?

We only tend to play one home game prior to the beginning of the season don't we? Typically a 'bigger' side at home the week prior to the start of the season (recalling Dortmund, Barcelona, Napoli...) - will the Community Shield replace this usual match? It's high time I took my cousin to see a match, and 'that' friendly would be a good one.

Looking back, it looks as though we didn't have a home match in 2019 and had a lower-key match with Blackpool in 2020.

Likewise - my 6 year old is getting massively into the reds now and I want to take her to a pre-season game.
JFT97

Online LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2369 on: June 14, 2022, 03:07:43 pm »
Where's this from?

We had two last season on back-to-back days! Bilbao and Osasuna. Had Torino prior to that in 2018.

We didn't have one in 2019 as our opening game was moved to the Friday evening, but we were originally planning on playing Schalke in the midweek. Obviously 2020 was a write off with Covid.

Maybe we will organise one when we know when our first game of the season will be, but yeah we may see the Community Shield as being that game instead.

The Red Bull games will be part of our training camp I'm sure.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Pre-Season Thread
« Reply #2370 on: June 15, 2022, 02:10:35 pm »
Assume the first group of players will return to pre-season on 4th July? Only 2 friendlies and the Charity Shield lined up so far. With the season starting on 6th August, it's going to be short pre-season for quite a few players.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2371 on: June 15, 2022, 02:20:41 pm »
Assume the first group of players will return to pre-season on 4th July? Only 2 friendlies and the Charity Shield lined up so far. With the season starting on 6th August, it's going to be short pre-season for quite a few players.

It's been said that we will play Salzburg and Leipzig too.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
« Reply #2372 on: June 15, 2022, 08:53:45 pm »
It's been said that we will play Salzburg and Leipzig too.

That’s a load of bull.

Online anfieldpurch

• Simple
  • Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 96!!
« Reply #2373 on: June 17, 2022, 11:14:52 am »
2 new fixtures added today

21st July 6:15pm Leipzig (A)
31st July 7:30pm Strasbourg (H)

The announcement suggest further fixtures to be added so potentially some local fixtures (?)
Proud father to Riley James Lucas 16/3/17

Offline RedSmoke

• Kemlynite
  • He'll pass the ball, calm as you like....
« Reply #2374 on: June 17, 2022, 12:57:02 pm »
Strange date for that Strasbourg game isn't it, with the community shield the day before...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #2375 on: June 17, 2022, 04:09:18 pm »
Strange date for that Strasbourg game isn't it, with the community shield the day before...

They’ll just use the whole squad like they did a few years ago when we had games vs Barca and Mainz on consecutive days.

Community shield is just a high(ish) profile friendly, I think they can use 7 subs? So it’ll be a case of giving every player minutes.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2376 on: June 17, 2022, 10:51:59 pm »
I was young then and but I seem to remember my old man talking about how Strasbourg battered us in 97 or 98?  :D

Offline Brain Potter

• Embarrassing. Likes to listen through the walls....Auralist Extrodinaire!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2377 on: June 17, 2022, 11:32:19 pm »
I was young then and but I seem to remember my old man talking about how Strasbourg battered us in 97 or 98?  :D

They battered us 3-0 in a UEFA cup game in 1997.. I just remember Neil Ruddock looking fat and shit and I don’t think he played much again after that.
We won the 2nd leg at Anfield 2-0 but a little too late.

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #2378 on: June 17, 2022, 11:35:52 pm »
They battered us 3-0 in a UEFA cup game in 1997.. I just remember Neil Ruddock looking fat and shit and I don’t think he played much again after that.
Think he lost a pound in that game
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2379 on: June 17, 2022, 11:38:29 pm »
 ;D

Thanks mate. When didn't Ruddock look fat and shite?

Online ScubaSteve

• Sworn enemy of SnorkelStephanie
  • Legacy Fan
  • Every other Saturday's me half day off......
« Reply #2380 on: June 18, 2022, 09:40:40 am »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/tickets/tickets-availability/liverpool-fc-v-rc-strasbourg-alsace-31-jul-2022-0730pm-203

£27 for a friendly. Joke that, hopefully it’ll give the kids the run of the stadium to experience a game

Offline beardsleyismessimk1

• Owner Of A Messy Room!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is for living, so live it
« Reply #2381 on: June 18, 2022, 10:22:37 am »
;D

Thanks mate. When didn't Ruddock look fat and shite?

https://youtu.be/lfUq_Fgn0QU
The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. If you try it, you will be lonely often, and sometimes frightened. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself.

Offline LOKKO

• Legacy Fan
  • what chu talkin' bout willis?
« Reply #2382 on: June 23, 2022, 07:57:16 am »
Does anyone know if there will be a general sale for the friendly at anfield

Online storkfoot

• Anny Roader
« Reply #2383 on: June 23, 2022, 08:18:16 am »
We won the 2nd leg at Anfield 2-0 but a little too late.

Their fans at Anfield were very, very noisy.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2384 on: June 23, 2022, 08:33:24 am »
Their fans at Anfield were very, very noisy.

I remember that whole tie being like deja vu from the PSG tie the previous season.

Offline Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2385 on: June 23, 2022, 08:36:47 am »

They'll want a game for the full squad a week before the season and won't want a midweek friendly, especially with an early Saturday away game to start the season.

Offline VVM

• Kopite
  • OVER AN HOUR LEFT ESTIMATED TIME
« Reply #2386 on: June 23, 2022, 01:46:56 pm »
Does anyone know if there will be a general sale for the friendly at anfield

At £27 a ticket I'm sure there will be.

Offline FlashingBlade

• Organised a piss up in a brewery. Ended up in his pants with a KFC bucket. Future MP. Eats only Fish Heads and Tails. Can't spell 'DOMUM'. Now has no balls.
  • Legacy Fan
  • From a Shankly Boy to a Klopp Man
« Reply #2387 on: June 24, 2022, 01:42:34 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/24/liverpool-and-manchester-united-bangkok-big-cost-too-expensive-some-local-fans

Fucking disgraceful.

I'm an old school scouser..and it took.me time to adjust to how our fan base grew. For me any Liverpopl fan who loves the club deserves to be treated as well as any regular on the Kop. These fans deserve the realistic chance to see the team...the pricing of the tickets is a disgrace and no doubt lining organisers pockets not the club. Hope this is addressed.

Offline markedasred

• Knowing me, Knowing you... ahaaa!!! Resident Large Canine.
  • Legacy Fan
  • No Murdoch in our house
« Reply #2388 on: June 24, 2022, 02:03:47 pm »
https://www.theguardian.com/football/2022/jun/24/liverpool-and-manchester-united-bangkok-big-cost-too-expensive-some-local-fans

Fucking disgraceful.

I'm an old school scouser..and it took.me time to adjust to how our fan base grew. For me any Liverpopl fan who loves the club deserves to be treated as well as any regular on the Kop. These fans deserve the realistic chance to see the team...the pricing of the tickets is a disgrace and no doubt lining organisers pockets not the club. Hope this is addressed.
It's obscenely priced for a game in Europe, but priced so it's two months wages for average locals is making me wonder who goes to a game like that?
"For those of you watching in black and white, Liverpool are the team with the ball"

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2389 on: June 27, 2022, 05:43:15 pm »
Is it a week today that most the lads are back training?

I hope they’re as ready for the new season as I am, was ready for a break but man am I missing it now!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2390 on: June 27, 2022, 05:45:35 pm »
Yes, most of them return next Monday.

All other age groups return today for pre season.

Offline Andy2508

• RAWK Supporter
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #2391 on: June 27, 2022, 05:47:52 pm »
Yes, most of them return next Monday.

All other age groups return today for pre season.

Brill, I needs me some football!  :D

Offline Perth Red

• Kemlynite
  • Upside down and red all over
« Reply #2392 on: June 28, 2022, 12:50:35 am »
It's obscenely priced for a game in Europe, but priced so it's two months wages for average locals is making me wonder who goes to a game like that?

It's not though. There are a huge number of people in Bangkok earning far above the national average, which is dragged down by the rural farming communities. Bangkok is expensive and yet the roads teem with cars, there is plenty of money. Thailand is not a third world country any more.

Tat said, still stupidly expensive to watch 22 men kick a bag of wind around
If I've told you once I've told you a million times, stop exaggerating!

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2393 on: June 29, 2022, 03:50:39 pm »
Pep Lijnders has arrived back to work early to watch the academy this week.

He is deciding which youngsters will be joining Jürgen Klopp’s pre season squad for the upcoming schedule starting next week.

Offline PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #2394 on: July 1, 2022, 02:39:05 pm »
Pep Lijnders has arrived back to work early to watch the academy this week.

He is deciding which youngsters will be joining Jürgen Klopp’s pre season squad for the upcoming schedule starting next week.

If that doesn't motivate the youngsters....
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline reddebs

• areddwarfis4lifenotjust4xmas
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2395 on: July 2, 2022, 01:20:03 pm »
Anyone else can't wait for everything to start up again?

Apart from the bollocks that is the world cup I'm really looking forward to this season and seeing the new lads in action.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #2396 on: July 2, 2022, 01:26:08 pm »
I would love to see Layton Stewart get called up, he's had so much bad luck with injuries so far.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline Samie

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2397 on: July 2, 2022, 05:50:18 pm »
https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/19-reds-return-pre-season-start-monday

Players returning for pre-season on July 4:

Adrian, Carvalho, Davies, Diaz, Elliott, Firmino, Gomez, Henderson, Kelleher, Konate, Matip, Milner, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Phillips, Ramsay, Thiago, N. Williams, R. Williams, Van den Berg.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #2398 on: July 2, 2022, 07:05:22 pm »
Sounds like everyone is coming back next week, despite some playing on for an extra 2 and a half weeks. No real choice with the season starting early.

Offline BoRed

• BoRing
  • Legacy Fan
  • BoRac
« Reply #2399 on: July 2, 2022, 07:34:34 pm »
Sounds like everyone is coming back next week, despite some playing on for an extra 2 and a half weeks. No real choice with the season starting early.

I think the last one to play was Konate on the 13th of June, so most will get four weeks or more of holidays. Not bad compared to the last few summers.