The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool FC Forum

Not quite so 'Super' League

<< < (3/2455) > >>

PeterTheRed ...:

--- Quote from: surfer. Fuck you generator. on April 18, 2021, 02:09:48 pm ---The english league, the culture,  the language,  the Commonwealth links made Liverpool's global presence possible Samie.  A French club doing what we've done wouldn't have that presence,  not even close.

The Super league proposal is a horrific idea designed to entrench the 'founder'  clubs financially,  to guarantee their competitive level by breaking competition.  Agnelli's a c*nt,  a dumb one at that,  every club and owner fronting,  designing,  working this proposal is a direct and grave threat to the logic of competition itself.  Including us.

--- End quote ---

The Premier League have fucked themselves when they have allowed for Abramovich and Mansour to dominate the league with their oil money for 2 decades. The same happened with UEFA, and that is why Man City and Chelsea are still in the CL.

Now, the real big English clubs (LFC and Man Utd) are doing what is best for themselves. The ESL will be a competition for the big clubs, not for the sports-washing clubs. That is probably why Man City have still not signed up for it ...

JackWard33:
Teams would still play in domestic leagues though right ?

Not sure I understand why fans would be agaisnt it ?

Phineus:
From what I read this one is about replacing the champions league format and would still compete in domestic competition ... though probably wouldn’t be long before that is looked at if this goes through.

The new Champions League format they want to put in from 2024 seems awful too... I don’t know. I’m glad I got to see us win big ears again and finally the league but with VAR, financial doping, toxic banter on social media between fanbases and super leagues ... I kinda feel I wouldn’t miss football but haven’t yet taken that leap.

Ray K:
Tariq Panja of the NYT says that City have agreed along with the 5 other English clubs

--- Quote ---The teams involved so far are limited to almost a dozen from Spain, Italy and England, with a cohort of six from the Premier League — United, Liverpool, Manchester City, Arsenal, Chelsea and Tottenham — representing the biggest grouping from a single country. Atlético Madrid is the other team from Spain that is said to have endorsed the project, while the Milan rivals Internazionale and A.C. Milan would join Juventus as Italy’s representatives.
--- End quote ---

surfer. Fuck you generator.:

--- Quote from: PeterTheRed on April 18, 2021, 02:18:57 pm ---The Premier League have fucked themselves when they have allowed for Abramovich and Mansour to dominate the league with their oil money for 2 decades. The same happened with UEFA, and that is why Man City and Chelsea are still in the CL.

Now, the real big English clubs (LFC and Man Utd) are doing what is best for themselves. The ESL will be a competition for the big clubs, not for the sports-washing clubs. That is probably why Man City have still not signed up for it ...

--- End quote ---

Aye,  that big club Spurs bringing the legacy...

It's a simple,  direct attempt to control,  insure money.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version