Author Topic: Jürgen Klopp  (Read 968636 times)

Offline Charlie Adams fried egg

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Jürgen Klopp
« Reply #6280 on: May 16, 2022, 01:38:09 pm »
The legroom on those private Jets. He's about 6'4. Ryanair it isn't!

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6281 on: May 16, 2022, 01:43:45 pm »

Loved how he said ‘ah UEFA, my friends’  ;D

He's done it now, though. We won't get a single decision against Real Madrid. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline M4tt

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6282 on: May 16, 2022, 02:27:02 pm »
Jürgen Klopp on booing of the national anthem/Abide with Me at Wembley:

"Of course I have thoughts, but in this situation the best question is 'why does this happen?' The people do not do it for no reason. Maybe we should ask this question?"

When I heard her ask the question, I lurched. There's nothing more that I despise than listening to a reporter try get a reaction for an agenda.

Klopp handled it absolutely perfectly. Made me so happy to hear the way he talked about it

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6283 on: May 16, 2022, 03:54:31 pm »
Jürgen Klopp on booing of the national anthem/Abide with Me at Wembley:

"Of course I have thoughts, but in this situation the best question is 'why does this happen?' The people do not do it for no reason. Maybe we should ask this question?"

Maybe I am being a bit too sensitive to it here, but I feel the BBC have been right dickheads in their reporting of this with the front page headline "Cup Final Booing 'Not something I enjoy' - Klopp"

Basically trying to hide those quotes you have and paint a narrative that Klopp was mad at the booing/the fans for booing

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6284 on: May 16, 2022, 04:07:53 pm »
I guess 'Booo' being of only one syllable must be easier for those in the media to hear then some of the more, shall we say 'polysyllabic', phrases that other clubs' fans sing which never seem to be noticed or reported upon...
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6285 on: May 16, 2022, 04:09:34 pm »
Maybe I am being a bit too sensitive to it here, but I feel the BBC have been right dickheads in their reporting of this with the front page headline "Cup Final Booing 'Not something I enjoy' - Klopp"

Basically trying to hide those quotes you have and paint a narrative that Klopp was mad at the booing/the fans for booing

I heard the question by Juliette Ferrington from the BBC and it was a fair question about the booing and Klopp have a great answer. I do agree about that headline though, it's totally misleading in terms of Klopp's answer.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Online Stockholm Syndrome

• Djurgården Disease
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6286 on: May 16, 2022, 04:13:19 pm »
I heard the question by Juliette Ferrington from the BBC and it was a fair question about the booing and Klopp have a great answer. I do agree about that headline though, it's totally misleading in terms of Klopp's answer.

Oh yeah absolutely the question and response are fine. If you read the article it goes into it too. But yeah if you just glance at the front page and see that, it doesn't really match up with what Klopp said - feels it is either clickbait (which BBC is getting progressively bad for) or narrative building for them to keep running with this angle for a bit longer.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #6287 on: May 16, 2022, 04:19:55 pm »

Klopp I doubt gives a flying fuck but has to be diplomatic. He goes against the fans and the media would be all over it (Salford BBC still try). If he agrees with them he'll be slaughtered for that.

It's a shithouse question because whatever he says the media will twist it. He's gave the right answer. Hodgson or someone would have threw us right under the bus.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Offline scouseman

• Legacy Fan
  • aspiring mod of RAWK
« Reply #6288 on: May 16, 2022, 04:22:56 pm »
Oh yeah absolutely the question and response are fine. If you read the article it goes into it too. But yeah if you just glance at the front page and see that, it doesn't really match up with what Klopp said - feels it is either clickbait (which BBC is getting progressively bad for) or narrative building for them to keep running with this angle for a bit longer.

The daily mail online exactly the same about an hour ago. "Klopp fans right to boo" when its is not at all what he said and the media twist it to fit their own warped narrative. This is what he said "  Klopp on fans' booing: “Of course I have thoughts. The question is why does it happen? They wouldn't do without a reason. The majority of our support are wonderful people. Really smart, go through lows and highs. They wouldn't do it without reason.”

Yet the media spin it to fit their own agenda. Really upset that the media are again trying to paint liverpool and its fans in a bad light. The last I checked to lived in a free country able to protest etc.

Online Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6289 on: May 16, 2022, 04:25:50 pm »
The daily mail online exactly the same about an hour ago. "Klopp fans right to boo" when its is not at all what he said and the media twist it to fit their own warped narrative. This is what he said "  Klopp on fans' booing: “Of course I have thoughts. The question is why does it happen? They wouldn't do without a reason. The majority of our support are wonderful people. Really smart, go through lows and highs. They wouldn't do it without reason.”

Yet the media spin it to fit their own agenda. Really upset that the media are again trying to paint liverpool and its fans in a bad light. The last I checked to lived in a free country able to protest etc.

He gave the right answer but he should probably have just said no comment as his words will only be twisted or taken out of context. Klopp is a very shrewd interviewer but it's wasted on our gutter press.

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #6290 on: May 16, 2022, 04:25:52 pm »

It should be said it’s usually the editor who does the headline, often the journalist has nothing to do with that. It should also be pointed out the Tories have put a number of pro-government people into the BBC. I would suspect maybe one of them is trying to make something more of this story.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Online Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6291 on: May 16, 2022, 04:30:36 pm »
He gave the right answer but he should probably have just said no comment as his words will only be twisted or taken out of context. Klopp is a very shrewd interviewer but it's wasted on our gutter press.

You can't just duck every issue in case someone twists it or whatever. That in itself would be twisted and presented negatively. Kloppo gets it spot on almost all of the time
« Last Edit: May 16, 2022, 04:41:28 pm by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6292 on: May 16, 2022, 04:40:33 pm »

heck no.

The answer he gave got the right reaction (sod what the BBC’s headline went for), so much so a tory spokesman got all riled up by it and put out a public response minutes later.   

Even if just ONE person takes his advice and actually asks why the fans boo, then it’s something.

He’ll never take the easy ‘no comment’ route out unless it’s for something with legal issues attached to it.

Offline 12C

• aka 54F
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • “The Ribbons are Red”
« Reply #6293 on: May 16, 2022, 04:46:57 pm »
The lard arse party criminal, Russian asset and liar to the Royals, Boris DePfeffel Johnson, is slapping down Klopp according to the media.
The only thing he slaps down is his fucking dinner and copious amounts booze.

He’s fucking up the peace process in NI and still has time to have a hypocritical pop at scousers.

This is the gobshite who had parties in his house the night before his beloved queen buried her husband, sitting alone because of covid laws he brought in, but couldn’t be arsed to obey.
An absolute stain on humanity.
"I want to build a team that's invincible, so that they have to send a team from bloody Mars to beat us."

Offline Persephone

• Legacy Fan
  • Who ate all the bloody Pringles?
« Reply #6294 on: May 16, 2022, 05:01:57 pm »
So booing taking the knee is free speech but do it the national anthem is some sort of treason.

Right wing snowflakes
Last time I checked, a democracy allows the power of free speech and protest. Right wingers should do well to remember that.
I’ve plenty links to the clubs playing and backroom staff as many on here know thank you very much. Fair enough, I admire your optimism. But you’re absolute ostriches if you think this squad, even with 2 or 3 new, “cut price” players with potential get us anywhere close

Online Fromola

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6295 on: May 16, 2022, 05:05:03 pm »
You can't just duck every issue in case someone twists it or whatever. That in itself would be twisted and presented negatively. Kloppo gets it spot on almost all of the time

The answer he gave was spot on and the right one. Just that his other option was to make a point of saying no comment because my words will only be twisted. Other managers probably would have done that (i.e. Tuchel over Chelsea chants recently) but Jurgen isn't going to shirk away. As I say though he's wasted on our gutter press.

Offline bird_lfc

• Would much rather have a good wank than get behind the team. Champion of Luke Shaw’s reputation.
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT96
« Reply #6296 on: May 16, 2022, 05:21:54 pm »
What a man.

He gets IT. The city. The club. Everything.

That’s before you ignore the fact he’s the best football manager in the world. We are very blessed.

Online PaulF

• https://www.justgiving.com/fundraising/paulfelce
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nothing feels as good as fat tastes.
« Reply #6297 on: May 16, 2022, 07:00:04 pm »
Still hasn’t won the Europa League, Conference League and Community Shield. Get rid of him.
If we do the quadruple. Surely we get the charity shield by default?
"All the lads have been talking about is walking out in front of the Kop, with 40,000 singing 'You'll Never Walk Alone'," Collins told BBC Radio Solent. "All the money in the world couldn't buy that feeling," he added.

Offline Golyo

• Matchday smoker fond of a good old bashing.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • All hail the Jürgen!
« Reply #6298 on: May 16, 2022, 07:19:12 pm »
It's a shithouse question because whatever he says the media will twist it. He's gave the right answer. Hodgson or someone would have threw us right under the bus.
It's not only the right answer but the absolute perfect answer. I am not sure that a top PR firm does not consult him before every press conference.
Listen, we're going to be all right, they've got someone even smaller than me. - Ferenc Puskás before the game against England in 1953

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6299 on: May 16, 2022, 11:05:08 pm »

Wow.  You just don't quite understand the man do you?  He's a very principled and honest man who isn't afraid to say what he thinks and believes regardless of the potential reaction by those who don't agree with him. 

Offline Carra-ton

• Carrington, who plays there! derrr!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6300 on: May 17, 2022, 07:18:44 am »
One of the numerous things I appreciate about Klopp is how thorough and professional he is in his preparation. He appears to be a funny guy, but is deadly serious when it comes to being professional. There was a nice article by a sports psychologist who said that the moments after extra time ended, Klopp was already talking to his players who were going to take the penalties, and everything was pre-decided. While Tuchel was going over who would take penalties.
When it comes to preparation, Klopp is ultra serious and think that is one of the few traits he shares with Rafa.
Hats off to Bill on his throne,
He set the club's standards in stone.
Navigating the storm,
Is the Liverpool norm,
You'll never walk alone!

Offline oojason

• The Official RAWK Audio Visual God. Founder Member of the Ricky Gervais' 'David Brad Fan Club'.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • The Awkward Squad
« Reply #6301 on: May 17, 2022, 01:34:38 pm »

'Jurgen Klopp exclusive: Liverpool manager on competing with Manchester City and remaining relentless':-

www.skysports.com/football/news/11095/12615011/jurgen-klopp-exclusive-liverpool-manager-on-competing-with-manchester-city-and-remaining-relentless

a snippet...

'Amid the delirium of Liverpool achieving their third Champions League final in five years, Jürgen Klopp paused his celebrations to ping off crucial texts.

The first was received by wife Ulla, his heart. The next set was sent to the pair who were drafted in as Liverpool's spine when, to recall the manager's analogy during an almighty injury crisis, the team had broken its leg, then vertebrae, and found it difficult to move.

"I messaged Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips because we wouldn't be there without them," Klopp tells Sky Sports News.

"I remember the final game of last season and they left the pitch with a bandage around the head, cuts on their faces, and that was really a symbol for the whole period. We went through on one leg, with one eye… it was incredible. It was such a tough season."'

Some 'Useful Info' for following the football + TV, Streams, Highlights & Replays etc - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769

A mini-index of RAWK's 'Liverpool Audio / Video Thread' content over the years; & more - www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=345769.msg17787576#msg17787576

Offline Copenred

• Main Stander
« Reply #6302 on: May 17, 2022, 09:54:09 pm »
Wanted to applaud our Jurgen for doing the right thing by subbing Salah and Van Dijk in the FA Cup finale. I think his greatest asset as a manager is his faith in his players and his braveness to do the right thing despite the stakes. I forgot to make a post but luckily he did it again today by resting our star players despite the PL title being within reach.

Really enjoying our ride with Jurgen at the wheel and may it long continue. So happy for him and the players to get into finals and picking up trophies.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #6303 on: May 17, 2022, 10:23:32 pm »
The fist pumps may be getting retired next season.

Kloppo:
"I can't do it all the time. This year is fine, but I hate it when the camera guys run around. I am not a clown. I do it for the people. Next year we will talk about that.” [bein sports]

Offline Jon2lfc

• Legacy Fan
  • It's a blessing to be a Red :)
« Reply #6304 on: May 18, 2022, 07:24:21 am »
i think in his BBC interview after the S'ton game, he mistakenly refers to Wolves as Burnley.. is that right?
If so, understandable. His mind must be full of so much stuff at the mo. Wonderful man.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/61484665

Offline 24/7

• Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Guru Jim
« Reply #6305 on: May 18, 2022, 09:04:41 am »

Fuck 'em. I love it when they hate us. The media can suck its own cock when it comes to stuff like this, it just makes me laugh now. Decades and decades of vitriol and jealousy......not only do they hate us when we're right, they hate us when we prove it. And we do that every living and breathing day. So fuck 'em. Klopp's responses to the shithouse questions he gets are always, always, always on point and spot on - proving he gets it, he gets us and he gets them and what they're trying to do......

Offline seandundee16

• Main Stander
« Reply #6306 on: May 18, 2022, 03:11:03 pm »
I've not seen him get much credit for it, but Klopp in making 9 changes last night yet still winning, proved that he is a cut above most other managers. He certainly has balls of steel since he resisted the temptation to even fire on one or two first teamers from the bench when chasing the game at 1-1. He has used the squad so well over the last few months. If we had played the strongest team available last night, there is no guarantee we still would have won and we may have incurred some injuries and knocks as well, not to mention the mental fatigue.

Now we have a relatively fresh team heading into the weekend where most of them have had 8 days break and it should be ideal ahead of the CL final to give a little bit of time to recharge. I wouldn't be surprised if Klopp has already begun the preparation ahead of the Real Madrid match as we should still have enough to beat Wolves regardless.     

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6307 on: May 22, 2022, 06:26:06 pm »
What a league season Mr Klopp has provided us again. Thank you for all you do, Jurgen. Another season above 90 points is incredible.

How lucky are we that we get another four years of him. What a man!

Offline CS111

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6308 on: May 22, 2022, 07:19:59 pm »
Once in a generation man and manager.
He was made to manage us

Offline seandundee16

• Main Stander
« Reply #6309 on: May 22, 2022, 08:32:17 pm »
If it wasn’t for Klopp, City would have turned this into Bayern/PSG level dominance of the EPL. In a perverse way, Klopps managerial brilliance has shielded City from more questions about their FFP breaches and the overall health of the League. Without us they would have won each of the last 5 League titles in a row by 15+ points and there would be all sorts of questions.

Offline Xabisfeet

• Anny Roader
« Reply #6310 on: May 22, 2022, 09:36:35 pm »
We got lucky with the timing of the FSG acquisition

Jurgen got lucky with timing getting the job at a perfect sleeping giant

We got lucky with the appointment of the best manager the English top flight has seen since Shanks

Offline Son of Spion

• "No, I said I was WORKING from home! Me ma's reading this, ya bastids!" Supporter of The Unbrarables. Worratit.
  • RAWK Betazoid
  • Legacy Fan
  • BAGs. 28 Years..What Would The Bullens Wall Say?
« Reply #6311 on: May 22, 2022, 10:55:13 pm »
The PL should be on their knees, thanking this man for giving their 'product' the illusion of being competitive. Without Klopp and without Liverpool, the whole thing would be exposed for the pathetic sham it really is.

Klopp is saving football from itself.
The light that burns twice as bright, burns half as long, and you've burned so very, very brightly, Jürgen.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6312 on: May 23, 2022, 12:14:55 am »
There was an interview with Klopp a few months back in which he revealed that we had to switch from a more attacking and risky style in the first half of the season to the more defensively solid version of the second half because the staff realised that we weren’t going to win trophies the former way.

If you look at our results since then, they suggest that we were the best team in the league and the  world since that change was made. This knowledge gives me great hope for coming seasons and winning the PL despite Man City’s competition. 51 points, two cups, a third final to go since those tactical changes were made in January.

Offline Keith Lard

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6313 on: May 23, 2022, 12:25:15 am »
The PL should be on their knees, thanking this man for giving their 'product' the illusion of being competitive. Without Klopp and without Liverpool, the whole thing would be exposed for the pathetic sham it really is.

So damn true. He’s a footballing messiah in my eyes. A man of real principle that has given me reason to stay interested in football.
Pour yourself a drink and enjoy watching a genius in red - John Barnes || https://youtu.be/XEJfzUSH4e4

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #6314 on: May 23, 2022, 12:27:09 am »

Yep, Their whole "Best League in the World" narrative would be much more hollow than it already is if it wasn't for us keeping pace with City each year.

Online Ghost Town

• Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
« Reply #6315 on: May 23, 2022, 12:52:47 am »
Early injury returnees and covid disruption did for us this season; Klopp knows we'll absolutely smash the league again next time round

Offline RedKenWah

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #6316 on: May 23, 2022, 07:49:49 am »
Thinking about it now, not winning the league has probably given Jurgen Klopp and co an extra impetus following his announcement to extend his stay.

After the CL final, we rest up and go again in what will then end up being an extremely weird season given the WC happening this Nov/Dec time… 

Offline rob1966

• YORKIE bar-munching, hedgehog-squashing (well-)articulated road-hog-litter-bug. Sleeping With The Enemy. Has felt the wind and shed his anger..... did you know I drive a Jag? Cucking funt!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6317 on: May 23, 2022, 07:56:18 am »
Yep, Their whole "Best League in the World" narrative would be much more hollow than it already is if it wasn't for us keeping pace with City each year.

One look at the seasons in the last 5 we didn't perform is all they need, 17/18 they win it with a 19pt gap, last season 12pts, its only us who have actually pushed them.

Jurgen, you made us laugh, you made us cry, you made Liverpool a bastion of invincibilty, now leave us on a high - YNWA

Offline Jack_Bauer

• Kopite
« Reply #6318 on: May 23, 2022, 08:57:18 am »
One look at the seasons in the last 5 we didn't perform is all they need, 17/18 they win it with a 19pt gap, last season 12pts, its only us who have actually pushed them.
Exactly. Though in other threads I have said that I believe the media wanted yearly repeats of 17/18 so they could wank themselves off to how great Pep is and how historic the City side is.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6319 on: May 23, 2022, 02:23:49 pm »
"If you want to win big, you must be prepared to lose big as well."

I love this man, and his inspirational way with words.

Lots of people external to the club seem to be taking their shots right now, but we all know better. Give me this position over being nowhere. That's life, too. It's so easy to try to live to avoid pitfalls, ups and downs, and pain, if you simply don't put yourself out there or take any risks or leaps of faith. But we aren't here to merely exist, we aim for more than that.

We are privileged to have this man and this team.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2022, 02:25:31 pm by Classycara »