Author Topic: Coutinho  (Read 504996 times)

Offline Zlen

• Suspicious of systems. But getting lots.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Coutinho
« Reply #80 on: December 27, 2017, 04:26:13 pm »
Starting to question why as a club we're not reporting them.

Is it actually breaking any rules?
Players are answering journalist questions. I mean, they are obviously both perfect twats and under club instruction to agitate - but is it breaking any rules?

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
Re: Re: Coutinho
« Reply #81 on: December 27, 2017, 04:26:25 pm »
january premium - £200m?
True, I was thinking of the summer

Offline Ravishing Rick Dude

• Cut the music! Missed the 'Saka is shite!' memo.
  • No new LFC topics
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #82 on: December 27, 2017, 04:28:19 pm »
I think Fsg and klopp thinks differently, and would sell him for 200. Bur not much less, either. This summer showed how difficult it can be to spend money. 150M is my guessed price tag , and I doubt Barca will go that far.

Not finishing in the CL would cost us much much more than that. Players like Lemar wouldn't pick us without CL football, and we would have to overpay for everything in the summer. That's why selling Countinho in January, for any price, would be a bad piece of business.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2017, 04:33:16 pm by Rick-40 »
Rick for the rikes, prick for the pricks

SLAVA
UKRAINI

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #83 on: December 27, 2017, 04:30:12 pm »
Players are answering journalist questions. I mean, they are obviously both perfect twats and under club instruction to agitate - but is it breaking any rules?

players should be same as coaches, both are employees of the club, if a coach is asked about a player, he usually doesn´t or isn´t allowed to comment, why are players allowed? it is outside transfer window and we are both in same competition.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #84 on: December 27, 2017, 04:33:07 pm »
players should be same as coaches, both are employees of the club, if a coach is asked about a player, he usually doesn´t or isn´t allowed to comment, why are players allowed? it is outside transfer window and we are both in same competition.

I agree, just asking is there a rule we can call upon to at least threaten them to back off.

Offline thelinnen

• Tepid Water Lite. Serial Moaner
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #85 on: December 27, 2017, 04:35:13 pm »
Had to double check this forum was open when I saw this thread. Honestly what more is there that can possibly be said about the situation? If he left in January that would be gross incompetence.

You're all masochists for even discussing it.
Then in the midddle out pops a smiling glen johnson pulling up his jersey to reveal a t-shirt of suarez with a text saying. "OUR SUAREZ IS A FRIEND TO ALL COLOURS!"

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #86 on: December 27, 2017, 05:01:03 pm »
Had to double check this forum was open when I saw this thread. Honestly what more is there that can possibly be said about the situation? If he left in January that would be gross incompetence.

You're all masochists for even discussing it.

It just ends up in different threads or on the main board, it doesn’t equate to him leaving

Everyone is behaving for now

Offline Lastrador

• Legacy Fan
  • Not Italian
« Reply #87 on: December 27, 2017, 05:17:06 pm »
I would sell him to Madrid next summer at a discount just to piss those fucking c*nts. What a bunch of entitled fucking twats.

Offline ShrewKop

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #88 on: December 27, 2017, 07:08:56 pm »
I would sell him to Madrid next summer at a discount just to piss those fucking c*nts. What a bunch of entitled fucking twats.

I just wish the Barcelona players would shut the fuck up about Coutinho. Don't need to hear that Rakitic or Paulinho would love him there - their opinions are a complete irrelevance, or at least, should be.

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #89 on: December 27, 2017, 07:14:42 pm »
Whole things boring

Just let the lad enjoy his football, he's in the form of his life. Tell them where to go yet again

Online duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #90 on: December 27, 2017, 07:16:06 pm »
Not going anywhere this window. Expect he’ll leave in the summer unfortunately. Hope if he does it’s for £150m plus, but would much rather we keep him as replacing him will be extremely difficult, regardless of what we spend. Players of this ability are few and far between. It’s all very well naming a couple of big money big names to replace him but it will take time for anyone to come in and give us what he does.
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #91 on: December 27, 2017, 08:11:58 pm »
We knocked back what? £120m for him?

The form he’s in now then they can add another £50m on top of that with 95% of it paid upfront.

Gobshites.

Offline Zlen

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #92 on: December 27, 2017, 08:27:06 pm »
We knocked back what? £120m for him?

The form he’s in now then they can add another £50m on top of that with 95% of it paid upfront.

Gobshites.

Nowhere near.
Their best offer was 82 million paid in instalments over 4-5 years + 35 million in mostly unachievable add ons.
So we'd basically get 20-30 million upfront, enough to wipe our tears after seeing him tear it up elsewhere.
Typical Barcelona offer really, on one hand they are banging on about him being the perfect player for them - but never really backing it up with money.

Shower of shits.

Offline jepovic

• Only interested in the "prestigious" games, so won't be celebrating anything less.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #93 on: December 27, 2017, 09:45:39 pm »
Most probably not, since they've been doing it for years.

Offline jepovic

• Legacy Fan
  • Meh sd f
« Reply #94 on: December 27, 2017, 09:47:54 pm »
Not finishing in the CL would cost us much much more than that. Players like Lemar wouldn't pick us without CL football, and we would have to overpay for everything in the summer. That's why selling Countinho in January, for any price, would be a bad piece of business.
I'm thinking the summer.
Now we would never find a replacement, so it's probably just about impossible.

Offline J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #95 on: December 27, 2017, 09:54:52 pm »
Nowhere near.
Their best offer was 82 million paid in instalments over 4-5 years + 35 million in mostly unachievable add ons.
So we'd basically get 20-30 million upfront, enough to wipe our tears after seeing him tear it up elsewhere.
Typical Barcelona offer really, on one hand they are banging on about him being the perfect player for them - but never really backing it up with money.

Shower of shits.

Be the same in January I'd imagine then, with them offering a shite sum plus instalments.

So can see us saying either pay up or fuck off again. Not a chance we accept less that £100m upfront with the form the lads in, especially since we just paid 70m+ for VVD.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #96 on: December 27, 2017, 09:57:48 pm »
Be the same in January I'd imagine then, with them offering a shite sum plus instalments.

So can see us saying either pay up or fuck off again. Not a chance we accept less that £100m upfront with the form the lads in, especially since we just paid 70m+ for VVD.

It sounds as though they are going for Grizeman, they cannot afford both him and Coutinho in the same window. It's not going to stop the Barca press talking it up though regardless.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #97 on: December 27, 2017, 10:21:16 pm »
I really really hope we don't sell him in Jan. Although the VVD spending puts a little doubt in my heart.

Anyway, good guy Zico:
Seleção Brasileira‏ @BrazilStat
Former Seleção star #Zico has advised #Coutinho to stay at Liverpool where he is the man, whereas if he goes to Barcelona, he would be playing secondary roles to Iniesta, Messi and Suárez, believes the Brazil legend.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #98 on: December 27, 2017, 10:31:25 pm »
I really really hope we don't sell him in Jan. Although the VVD spending puts a little doubt in my heart.

Anyway, good guy Zico:

It would make no sense to let him go in January. He would be cup tied anyway nothing will happen before the summer. Should we manage to win something whose to say he won't have a change of heart?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #99 on: December 27, 2017, 10:37:40 pm »
It would make no sense to let him go in January. He would be cup tied anyway nothing will happen before the summer. Should we manage to win something whose to say he won't have a change of heart?
I keep on thinking this. Then my head reminds me that I am being too naive. Hope you are right though.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #100 on: December 27, 2017, 10:51:47 pm »
We've just broken the world record for a defender on the back of keeping our power dry for years. More important than ever to hold on to Coutinho who is our best player and growing into one of the best in the world. No amount of money can buy us another player of his ability. So let's just keep him. In January and beyond.
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Caligula?

• Relentlessly negative about fucking everything. A smile would crack your face.....the most boring poster on the site
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #101 on: December 27, 2017, 11:39:34 pm »
Don't think we'll let him go this winter, and both Coutinho and Barcelona know it. He's keeping his head down and putting in fantastic performances. We won't win the league, but we surely must keep him until the summer so we can at least have a crack at winning a trophy or two especially now that we've signed VVD as well. Not to mention staying in the top four. He's integral to everything.

I just can't see him staying beyond this season and am 99% certain he'll be off, but that's something to be discussed in the summer months to come.

Offline rscanderlech

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #102 on: December 27, 2017, 11:52:05 pm »
It's not worth entertaining that thought. The fact is that Barca are too far ahead of us as a team at present for us to rely on a South American to contemplate wanting to stay put. Compare with City, who kept Aguero and David Silva from Barca and Real precisely because they were winning things. We need to win a few things.

What we do have going for us, though, is that
1) There's no way that FSG are letting Coutinho go in January, unless it's for £250m.
2) Barca want Griezmann and have a lot of financial trouble. They will struggle to pay for both Griezmann and our likely asking price of £150m (probably rising to £200m by the time the summer comes, and Coutinho has established himself as one of the top 5-10 players in the world by then) in a single summer. Especially if they want to make a third or fourth signing, as they probably need to do, in order to get their squad depth to a decent level.

So I think there's a good chance we have him for another season after this one. After that season, there's no telling what could happen: Barca could sign someone else for his position, a new president/coach could come in(?), we could win some major trophies, etc.

Offline mersey_paradiso

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool's where I belong
« Reply #103 on: December 27, 2017, 11:54:52 pm »
I really hope we aren't stupid enough to sell him in January and I really hope we beat Porto and then get these c*nts in the Quarters with Coutinho getting the winner in front of the Kop in injury time !! Hate this lot almost as much as Real these days !!
RIP Alex Jarmay .                                           Justice  for the 97 YNWA

Mr Alex Ferguson on Anfield after St Etienne 77 : "I didn't walk away from the ground after the game, I floated out. I had been caught up in the most exciting football atmosphere I have ever experienced...these Liverpool fans support with PASSION"

Offline elpistolero7

• Biggest waste of space in history.
  • Legacy Fan
  • What's in a name anyway? No, I'm not bitter.
« Reply #104 on: December 28, 2017, 12:31:36 am »
I hope Barca win a treble. They won't be under pressure to sign him.

With VVD, Keita, Coutinho, Salah and Firmino...we can challenge for everything next season. Couple of trophies, 200k a week and potentially captaining LFC...won't look so bad will it?
What belongs to you, but is used by others?

Offline harleydanger

• 7/2=3. Proud holder of shittest ideas badge.
  • Legacy Fan
  • If I sound stupid, I'm probably casting a line
« Reply #105 on: December 28, 2017, 12:35:39 am »
I really think we’ve got him for this season and the next at least.
WHAT A TIME TO BE ALIVE!

Normally a player can look great on tubes, but one of the things that's encouraging for me is just the amount of youtube videos on him

Offline Suareznumber7

• Gullible. Lost in the modern world, thinks all tweets are true.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #106 on: December 28, 2017, 01:23:52 am »
I really think we’ve got him for this season and the next at least.

He’s gone in the summer. Klopp won’t keep a player here who doesn’t want to be here as long as we have time to replace him. Hopefully we can bring in someone like Lemar early in the window then there won’t be pressure on us to find someone to bring in.

Offline PIPA23

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #107 on: December 28, 2017, 01:44:48 am »
He’s gone in the summer. Klopp won’t keep a player here who doesn’t want to be here as long as we have time to replace him. Hopefully we can bring in someone like Lemar early in the window then there won’t be pressure on us to find someone to bring in.

well we need to make him a happy player then...

he won´t go where he wants mate, he will go where we want, we hold all the cards as said.

of course he want´s Barcelona, but it won´t be easy and everyone knows it...

a lot can change untill then, Barca might go for Griezmann and leave Coutinho...other clubs might be interested, or the player himself will want to stay

we just broke world record for a CB, if he sees he can win things here, he might be turned to stay who knows...

make him best payed player and captain, see how things go untill end of this season, we have a CL trophy to play for.

Offline mechinate

• Anny Roader
« Reply #108 on: December 28, 2017, 04:03:12 am »
Most importantly is how does Jurgen Klopp sees this?

Nuri Sahin revealed that Klopp asked him to "follow his heart" when Sahin was offered a chance to join Real Madrid when at Borussia Dortmund.
http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11669/10989485/nuri-sahin-explains-how-jurgen-klopp-reacted-when-he-asked-to-join-real-madrid

Our manager strikes me as a person with enormous EQ. Perhaps the whole reason why Coutinho is still here is because it was so late in the transfer window that Klopp thinks we wouldn't have a good chance to find a proper replacement?

In my mind, a player wants to leave, Klopp would wish him well, negotiate a deal/plan that suits both parties and move on. If the deal does not suit us, then Klopp rejects it.

He just doesn't seem like the sort that would keep a player/person against his will just for the sake of having him available to play football.

Probable? Or just my lack of sleep talking here..  ???

Nah, bollocks to that. He signed a 5 year contract extension which increased his wage from £70,000 to around £200,000 per week. He didn't blink before signing. And then because Barca come calling barely 6 months later we're supposed to let him leave? We might as well have kept paying him the £70,000...

And then he handed in a transfer request on the eve of the Watford game, our first game of the season. I believe his antics in August was partially to blame for our W3 D4 L2 record after 9 games.

Most importantly though, is dispelling the image of us being a stepping stone to Real or Barca otherwise we're treading water here.

Offline Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2017, 04:32:20 am »
It would be utter madness to sell him in January which is why it won’t happen.
YWNA

Offline Skidder.

• Minster. Aka The Censored Baron XII. I remember watching that as a skid!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Kloppite
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2017, 07:18:01 am »
The bravado it great and all - but unfortunately, we have become somewhat 'skilled' in our pre-transfer bravado.

Fully expect him to leave in the summer and we won't find a replacement, but we'll move on.
Continually on 11,420.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2017, 07:26:34 am »
Worst team on Earth. Unbelievable that our fans even root for them.

Despicable, classless bunch of c*nts.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline ManiacKop

• Smited by a Mighty Smiter.
  • Anny Roader
  • Here’s to swimming with Darwin's evolved fishes...
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2017, 08:01:33 am »
If he goes, he goes.
Klopp will look at Lemar or Draxler and will take it from there. As good as Coutinho is I had always felt his true position is not quite a fit with Klopps system.

If he is to stay, I have no problem with it. He has obvious qualities. If he is to go, I’d rather it was sooner than later (but no earlier than summer) so we can move on quickly.
Not the best walking advert for Intelligent Design.

Offline 7777

• RAWK Boxing Prediction League Champion 07
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We see things they'll never see
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2017, 09:07:03 am »
The bravado it great and all - but unfortunately, we have become somewhat 'skilled' in our pre-transfer bravado.

Fully expect him to leave in the summer and we won't find a replacement, but we'll move on.

Keegan, Kenny, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez etc suggest we always find a replacement

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2017, 09:09:51 am »
If it IS bravado, it would make sense to sign the replacement in Jan, even if it's a Keita-like situation where they only join in the summer. That way the price won't be driven up
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2017, 09:47:07 am »
Coutinho won't go in January, simply because there's no reason for Barca to put in a serious bid. He's cup-tied in the CL, they're miles ahead in La Liga and there are no other clubs coming in for him. The only reason they may not be willing to wait until the summer is a fear his price would rise post-world cup, but if they're determined to do a deal early in the summer that won't matter anyway.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2017, 09:47:47 am »
Is Barcelona serious or just spitefully trying to prove nobody can or is allowed to resist it?

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2017, 10:02:19 am »
Echo the sentiment that Barca is a despicable club. Mafiosos the lot of them.

The way they have gone about it, we should flat out refuse to sell to them. PSG or Real, fine, but Barselona can go fuck themselves.
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline JP!

• An infinite ocean of joy. May in fact be the reincarnation of the Buddha.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Save us Fowler
    • Cranky Englishman - Yes, that's me.
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2017, 10:04:53 am »
Keegan, Kenny, Rush, Fowler, Owen, Torres, Suarez etc suggest we always find a replacement

Ssh, people like acting like the sky is falling in and our owners/manager are clueless.
I don't agree, he'd go to Legoland. Bye.

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #119 on: December 28, 2017, 10:15:30 am »
Echo the sentiment that Barca is a despicable club. Mafiosos the lot of them.

The way they have gone about it, we should flat out refuse to sell to them. PSG or Real, fine, but Barselona can go fuck themselves.

Like Real Madrid are any better?
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.