Author Topic: Today's shooting - The Sandy Hook Memorial Thread - Thoughts and Prayers  (Read 530703 times)

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Parents of the Michigan shooter charged with involuntary manslaughter

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/oxford-school-shooting-michigan-12-03-21/index.html

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
The kid should be put into counseling and foster parented.

The parents should be jailed for life.

Or until another inmate kills them.
Kill the humourless

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
The kid should be put into counseling and foster parented.

You mean the kid who killed 4 people?

Offline stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...

https://edition.cnn.com/us/live-news/oxford-school-shooting-michigan-12-03-21/index.html

That quote by the prosecutor sums up the problem:

She said, "I am not here to say that people shouldn't own guns." McDonald added that she hopes that the involuntary manslaughter charges send a message about the responsibility of gun ownership.

I'm sorry, but people shouldn't own guns. It's just that simple. There can be exceptions to the rule, but if you give out deadly weapons like candy to the population, people will get killed by those weapons. The fewer guns there are out there, the fewer people will get killed. It won't happen overnight (especially in the US with shitloads of guns already out there), but without taking action nothing will ever change. Sadly, I don't see that happening anytime soon.

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That quote by the prosecutor sums up the problem law:
Kill the humourless

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
And many of us who live here don’t fucking understand it, either. We’re losing so many young people. I haven’t lectured in person at my college for two years due to COVID, but I will be doing an active shooter mini-drill on day one when I return in January. It’s strange that the first lecture I give every semester in person is how to get out of a classroom alive. What I don’t say is “If we’re lucky,” which is closer to the reality.

Just pat down all surly adolescent boys with no sex appeal at the campus gate.
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

They've gone on the run.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Hedley Lamarr

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
It’s not the prosecutor’s job to argue against the second amendment, it’s something I’ll never comprehend, but their job is to prosecute the crime not the constitution.  I’ve always been confused as to why more parents aren’t charged for making guns easily accessible though.  Despite how horrific this is, the fact that the parents have been charged is something of a forward step.  The messages about ‘learning to not getting caught’ are sinister as fuck and shows negligence from the off.

Hopefully they’re arrested quickly and peacefully and may the victims rest in peace.

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
Honestly, anybody who thinks Guns make America safe is an idiot really. There are lunatics and criminals everywhere.

But walking around in the US, I feel so much more unsafe than anywhere else in the world. Because you know that all lunatics and criminals are armed to the teeth with the best tools for murdering humans.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Honestly, anybody who thinks Guns make America safe is an idiot really. There are lunatics and criminals everywhere.

But walking around in the US, I feel so much more unsafe than anywhere else in the world. Because you know that all lunatics and criminals are armed to the teeth with the best tools for murdering humans.

I'd suggest you haven't been to many unsafe places then.
Kill the humourless

Offline DangerScouse

• "You picked on the wrong city!"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
The country needs a reset.

Offline rodderzzz

• Plonkah!
  • Legacy Fan
  • That's Bullshit Miss!

Your first statement is correct. Your second statement is idiocy!

Offline Ghost Town

• RAWK snitch. Bands won't play no more. Too much fighting on the dance floor! Probably one of only three people who knows the meaning of "depuratory", the Suzy Dent-esque freakshow! Hannoying homunculus.
  • Legacy Fan
  • mundus vult decipi
It's not really idiocy. Many have commented that there are parts of the US where it's hard to go about your normal business without feeling that low level stress of risk, esp. if you are black or foreign looking.

And in any case it was that poster expressing their experience. You can't refute the experience someone else has had just because you'd rather it wasn't that way
« Last Edit: December 4, 2021, 12:42:53 am by Ghost Town »
"Every man has a right to utter what he thinks truth, and every other man has a right to knock him down for it."
Samuel (not Glen) Johnson, as reported by James (not Joey) Boswell. They must have foreseen RAWK ;D

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan

I grew up in India, I have travelled quite a bit over Eastern Europe and Asia.

I am living in Canada now and worked as a Security Officer in the past. Even ran into a hostage situation/ armed robbery once. But luckily the robbers were only armed with baseball bats and Tasers. No issues, de-escalated the situations,  thieves got away, only one guy had minor injuries.

Those places and situations don't feel nearly as unsafe.

I know that at worst I would get beat up by a Gopnik if I was walking around at night in Eastern Europe. Most folks are not packing heat. In the US, plenty of lowly drug dealers, are carrying real guns. They rob gas stations with real guns.

In Canada, I have been to many banks after a robbery and almost always it's done with a note and not a gun.

In the US even minor fights and arguments escalate to the point where guns are pulled.

You won't know it unless you have lived else where. The only more dangerous place I can think of is parts of Mexico and Central America, but they also get their guns from US and American drug money.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2021, 12:44:40 am by Max_powers »

Offline rafathegaffa83

• Legacy Fan
  • Dutch Class
The country needs a reset.

Relegation might give them an opportunity to start anew. Oh wait that's Everton

Offline stoopid yank

• Legacy Fan
  • Bird is the Word
Really all depends on the location, to be fair.
I don't always listen to Black Sabbath, but when I do, so do the neighbors.

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
DETROIT — James and Jennifer Crumbley, the parents of the teen charged in the Oxford High School shooting were located and arrested early Saturday in Detroit, a little more than two hours after a citizen saw their vehicle and called police.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/nation/2021/12/03/oxford-high-school-shooting-updates/8850669002/

Will probably be sold that they were hiding from threats of retaliation.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Online The North Bank

• Can even make the sun shine in Manchester - once in a blue moon...
  • Legacy Fan
If a few thousand Americans have to be sacrificed every year to protect the second amendment then so be it.
« Last Edit: December 4, 2021, 10:12:26 am by The North Bank »

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

I've been to quite a few unsafe places. Including America.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
If a few thousand Americans have to be sacrificed every year to protect the second amendment then so be it.

Roughly 40-60,000 a year (Deaths around 15,000 a year)

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
But walking around in the US, I feel so much more unsafe than anywhere else in the world.
I've been to quite a few unsafe places. Including America.

Wummery.
Kill the humourless

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Wummery.

The least safe "Western" country.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Believer

Offline BarryCrocker

• Legacy Fan
And then there's this.

Republican Thomas Massie posted the picture of his family on social media early on Sunday morning.
And all the world is football shaped, It's just for me to kick in space. And I can see, hear, smell, touch, taste.

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*
Strange strange c*nts.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
That's how you get elected in blood red states.

Mebbe that's how you get peace on Earth.
Kill the humourless

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!

Cos everyone is dead presumably?

Offline FlashGordon

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2021 Champion Tipster*

Yeah and we're highlighting that's a massive problem for any 'civilized' society.
So bloody what? If you watch football to be absolutely miserable then go watch cricket.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
And then there's this.

Republican Thomas Massie posted the picture of his family on social media early on Sunday morning.

Americans and Isis. Love posing with guns.

Though to do it after a school massacre and to ask Santa for ammo. That’s not strange, just pure fucking arrogant and evil.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
McDonald filed involuntary manslaughter charges against James and Jennifer Crumbley on Friday, accusing them of failing to intervene on the day of the shooting despite being confronted with a drawing and chilling message, “blood everywhere”, found at their son’s desk.

The Crumbleys committed “egregious” acts, from buying a gun and making it available to their son to resisting his removal from school when they were summoned a few hours before the shooting, McDonald said on Friday, offering the most precise account so far of how the shooting happened at Oxford high school, around 30 miles north of Detroit, on Tuesday.

Ethan Crumbley, 15, is alleged to have emerged from a bathroom with a gun and shot students in a hallway. He is charged as an adult with murder, terrorism and other crimes.

Officials had become concerned on Monday, when a teacher saw Crumbley searching for ammunition on his phone, McDonald said. His mother was contacted. In a text message, she told her son: “Lol. I’m not mad at you. You have to learn not to get caught.”

On Tuesday, a teacher found a note on Ethan’s desk. It was a drawing of a gun pointing at the words, “The thoughts won’t stop. Help me.” There also was a drawing of a bullet with words above it: “Blood everywhere.” Between the gun and the bullet was a person who appeared to have been shot twice and was bleeding. Crumbley also wrote “My life is useless” and “The world is dead”.

The school met with Ethan and his parents, who were told to get him counseling within 48 hours. The Crumbleys failed to ask their son about the gun or check his backpack and “resisted the idea of their son leaving the school at that time”. He returned to class.

“The notion that a parent could read those words and also know that their son had access to a deadly weapon that they gave him is unconscionable,” McDonald said. “It’s criminal.”

Jennifer Crumbley texted her son after the shooting, saying, “Ethan, don’t do it.” James Crumbley called 911 to say a gun was missing and Ethan might be the shooter. The gun had been in an unlocked drawer in the parents’ bedroom, McDonald said.

Ethan accompanied his father to buy the gun on 26 November and posted photos on social media, saying, “Just got my new beauty today.” Over Thanksgiving, Jennifer Crumbley wrote of a “mom and son day testing out his new Christmas present”. Asked if the father could be charged for purchasing the gun for the son, McDonald said that would be a federal decision.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2021/dec/04/michigan-shooting-suspects-parents-held-on-1m-bond-james-jennifer-crumbley
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Jshooters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Occasionally inspirational
Believer

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
I am glad his parents have been charged as well, if you go around buying your son or daughter for that matter a gun, then they too have a responsibility if their child uses it in this way. It needs to happen more often in these cases.
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline IgorBobbins

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • BOBBINS!
And then there's this.

What the fuck is wrong with these people?!

Offline Koplass

• As anti-social as you could want
  • Legacy Fan
Roughly 40-60,000 a year (Deaths around 15,000 a year)

https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

If that was an African country we'd call it a civil war.
"If ever a club reflected what made football the biggest sport in the country, it was Liverpool with its ground set in the bosom of the labouring working class being led by a man-of-the-people idealist in Bill Shankly."

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI
And then there's this.

And you wonder why people are so blaise about gun deaths and mass shootings in the US. It's normalized to the point of people not caring.

Country is so fucked up in so many ways.

That's normal. Posing with AR15's is just a normal thing for politicians to do.

In fact not only is it normal, it's encouraged.

Online The North Bank

• Legacy Fan
If that was an African country we'd call it a civil war.

The USA would intervene, if that many were getting killed elsewhere. The mental block about guns is sheer madness

Offline Dubred

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
I can't get my head around that family picture.  They're all so proud of their guns.  Honestly, I can't digest it at all.

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
I am glad his parents have been charged as well, if you go around buying your son or daughter for that matter a gun, then they too have a responsibility if their child uses it in this way. It needs to happen more often in these cases.

Agree. They were given several chances to intervene on their son's behalf, but as usual MAGA blockheads likely see it as liberal interference on their God-given right to be complete jackasses.

The messages they send after the shooting clearly show two people trying to cover up their tracks after suddenly realising shit just got real for them.
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
Such a fucking bizarre family picture for what is meant to be a developed and civilised 1st world country. In a way it sums up just how fucked the US is.

Offline Buggy Eyes Alfredo

• Legacy Fan
  • ¤Ginger◇Drapes¤

Amateurs! Should parade around with bazookas and grenade launchers while using a tank for their daily driving.

Put that on your xmas card, you John McClane wannabes.