The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool Life

Liverpool Sound City 2014, 2015, & 2016

(1/26) > >>

jackh:
Here you all go then, as it says on the tin - feel free to add updates as further announcements are made.

--- Quote ---Liverpool Sound City 2013 first acts announced
By Peter Guy
Jan 16 2013

LIVERPOOL Sound City returns on May 2-4 showcasing some of the best emerging and acclaimed talent from across the globe.

The first acts announced to feature at the three-day Liverpool inner city showcase are The Walkmen, Reverend and the Makers, Toy and Egyptian Hip Hop.

Other acts include Murkage, Chapel Club, Fossil Collective, The 1975, Hawk Eyes,Swim Deep and The Family Rain.

Now officially the first new music festival in the UK calendar, Sound City is the first opportunity to catch the world's most exciting new talent in one place before they hit the summer festival circuit.

Last year saw early performances from the likes of Mercury Music Prize winners Alt-J, Jake Bugg and Django Django before the bands released critically acclaimed albums later in the year.

With over 350 bands appearing in over 25 venues across three days, the festival is an exhilarating snapshot of all that is vital in music right now.

Sound City also boasts a three day music, media and technology conference and is focused on bringing the best new music, film, art and more to Liverpool for three days of cultural discovery.

New Yorker's The Walkmen visit Liverpool on the back of their sixth studio albumHeaven while Sheffield's Reverend and the Makers bring their unique brand of rock, electro pop and funk.

London's psych rockers Toy, another band that featured at Sound City last year, delivered a critically-acclaimed 2012 eponymous debut album.

Egyptian Hip Hop recently released their debut album Good Don't Sleep; a record full of wonky pop while Murkage's raw electronic sound is built from spending nearly a decade of putting on some of the best parties Manchester has ever seen.

Among the panellists announced for the Sound City conferences are Everything But The Girl's Tracey Thorn and The Wombats.

Read more: Liverpool Echo http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/2013/01/16/liverpool-sound-city-2013-first-acts-announced-100252-32614854/#ixzz2I9eEqOIT
--- End quote ---

Rossie:
Will be a great weekend that, the Darts are on at the echo arena on the Thursday night and the Derby is also on that weekend. 

just Riggins?:
Holding out for a few more names before i get my ticket\\

ewok-red:
Went last year, great way to see a lot of bands in a short period of time.  Concentrated on seeing bands I didnt know.  Slow Down Molasses were my 'find' - probably really well known by others.

Rossie:
Anybody buy the £30 3 day pass?  Last chance now, wondering is it worth it? 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version