Author Topic: The Indomitable Ibou  (Read 268806 times)

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
Re: The Indomitable Ibou
« Reply #2480 on: Today at 11:15:23 am »
His confidence is shot, playing one week, getting dropped, injured, not playing well, injured again, back in team, dropped again and then brought back.

While he has to take some responsibility for that, so does the manager. His usage of Konate/Quansah all season has been weird and I think it's clearly had a negative impact on a) our second best defender when he is fit and firing and b) the defensive unit as a collective.

Offline Fromola

• For the love of god please shut the fuck up. Lomola... “The sky is falling and I’m off to tell the King!...” Places stock in the wrong opinions. Miserable F*cker! Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season
  • Legacy Fan
  • Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to
« Reply #2481 on: Today at 11:20:51 am »
Problem is he'll be in the team and playing great and then get injured. Then comes back and takes a while to get his level back, gets it back and then is injured again, rinse and repeat.

We can't carry all the injuries when he's so rusty when returning.
Could have done with Grujic and even Chirivella to tide us over this season

Online MonsLibpool

• Glass always half empty.......
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #2482 on: Today at 11:21:50 am »
Problem is he'll be in the team and playing great and then get injured. Then comes back and takes a while to get his level back, gets it back and then is injured again, rinse and repeat.

He should be a rotation option at best next season.

Offline LallanaInPyjamas

• Keita's shit, Bundesliga's shit, Bundesliga 2's shit
  • Legacy Fan
  • RAWK Cheltenham 2020 Champion Tipster*
« Reply #2483 on: Today at 12:01:23 pm »

He got injured against Sparta Prague, maybe don't use injury-prone players in games like that when there's a title on the line.

Offline William Regal

• Kopite
« Reply #2484 on: Today at 12:54:44 pm »
Hes looked a shadow of himself since the injury, can only think hes carrying something, Quansah is ahead of him on merit on current form.

Offline Paul JH

• Elmer Fudd. I'm a witch! A WITCH!
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Don't do drugs..."
« Reply #2485 on: Today at 01:48:37 pm »
While he has to take some responsibility for that, so does the manager. His usage of Konate/Quansah all season has been weird and I think it's clearly had a negative impact on a) our second best defender when he is fit and firing and b) the defensive unit as a collective.

Weird or is it that Konate just can't play two games a week because he's got some kind of injury issue?
Sarcastic Net Pest and Sanctimonious Arse.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #2486 on: Today at 02:27:10 pm »
He's had a season to forget. Best play Quansah for the remaining games and give Ibou a rest. Start again next season.

He shouldn't get into the France team on current form.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline Jookie

• Ruptures, then repairs the tears
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muted Al 666's posts for my own sanity
« Reply #2487 on: Today at 02:39:04 pm »
I like Konate and he has real potential.

Can or would we build a defence around him long term though? Durability is big question. Can he be relied upon to put together consecutive season where he plays 3500+ minutes per season?

The other question I have is ability. He’s a talented player. Could easily be one of the very best centre backs about. Currently he’s not that level for me. I do not think he’s a Top 5 centre back in the league at this stage. I don’t think he’d be 1st choice at City or Arsenal. I don’t think he’d currently be 1st choice at Liverpool if everyone is fit.

Be interesting to see what we do with Konate and centre back in general this summer.
I think Jookie might just be the best fisherman on this thread.