Author Topic: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread  (Read 165952 times)

Offline Tim

• Make that an umbrella in my Breezer. Jimmy Anderson's stunt double.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Welcome to Heaven
Re: Sky+ HD / Sky Q Thread
« Reply #520 on: July 3, 2019, 06:26:18 am »
We got Sky Q installed last week. Anyone else noticed that the box is dead noisy in that it ticks over like a computer hard drive. I’ve seen loads moaning about it on the Sky forms without anyone offering a solution. Anyone on here noticed the same thing? I was thinking of getting some rubber “feet” to see if that helps. Any suggestions?
If you're going to sign up on Betfair please use my code N4TFVF4PK

We'll both get £20

:wave

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #521 on: July 3, 2019, 05:48:47 pm »
We got Sky Q installed last week. Anyone else noticed that the box is dead noisy in that it ticks over like a computer hard drive. I’ve seen loads moaning about it on the Sky forms without anyone offering a solution. Anyone on here noticed the same thing? I was thinking of getting some rubber “feet” to see if that helps. Any suggestions?

Try standing it on it's edge and never have it sat on top of any other device.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #522 on: July 3, 2019, 07:47:07 pm »

I remember this being annoying when we first got it, but barely notice it now.

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #523 on: July 21, 2019, 10:01:09 pm »
Any friends and family codes guys or anyone know of any decent deals for new subscriptions? My step son moving out and looking for a deal with Sky
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline smicer07

• Negative, miserable sod!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #524 on: July 24, 2019, 07:20:44 pm »
Does anyone have a friends and family code please?

Offline tinman1

• A friend of Dorothy
  • Kopite
« Reply #525 on: July 25, 2019, 03:03:42 pm »
Does anyone have a friends and family code please?

Same here, still looking guys  :wave :wave
“Well to be honest with you, I’ve not got a lot to say about David Haye apart from he’s not a proper fighter, is he? He’s basically a bit of a gay fighter as I’ve said. Nothing against gays, but if there was ever a gay fighter David Haye would be one. He showed nothing! He had all the talk beforehand and he went in there and acted like a bitch!"

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #526 on: July 30, 2019, 11:35:28 am »
My contract expires with Sky shortly and am considering renewing, IPTV and a VPN, and all other sorts of options. Curious if anyone has a similar package to what I do currently and what they pay?

Sky Q Multiroom
Broadband (standard)
Full Sports, Movies - everything.
£90 a month.

Ideally I want the broadband upgraded to Fibre. Dreamworld is they sort out/confirm the cost for BT sports as part of the sports package, but nothing seems doing yet.

Anyone willing to share equivalents?

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #527 on: July 30, 2019, 01:58:02 pm »
My contract expires with Sky shortly and am considering renewing, IPTV and a VPN, and all other sorts of options. Curious if anyone has a similar package to what I do currently and what they pay?

Sky Q Multiroom
Broadband (standard)
Full Sports, Movies - everything.
£90 a month.

Ideally I want the broadband upgraded to Fibre. Dreamworld is they sort out/confirm the cost for BT sports as part of the sports package, but nothing seems doing yet.

Anyone willing to share equivalents?

I have the same package, apart from I have fibre broadband. I pay £88 a month. Sky can't do anything about the price of BT Sports, you have to go direct to BT for that, even if you're watching it on your sky box. I used to get BT Sports for £16 a month then when my contract finished last year they wanted £25 a month so I cancelled it and got a firestick with IPTV for BT and 3pm games.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #528 on: July 30, 2019, 06:22:09 pm »
Cheers.

Apparently Sky/BT agreed to distribute each others channels as part of their subs packages. No news on pricing yet though. Aware that adding BT sports to sky as is is fixed...

How much you pay for the IPTV firestick out of interest?

Offline campioni

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #529 on: July 31, 2019, 08:34:50 am »
Cheers.

Apparently Sky/BT agreed to distribute each others channels as part of their subs packages. No news on pricing yet though. Aware that adding BT sports to sky as is is fixed...

How much you pay for the IPTV firestick out of interest?

£35 for 6 months.

Offline wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #530 on: July 31, 2019, 09:57:19 am »
Cheers.

If anyone wants to know for comparison, Sky's cancellation/retentions department have made (they say) their best offer of £92.50 a month for the below:

Sky Q HD multi-room
Entertainment
Sports
Cinema
Box Sets
Fibre Broadband

And they'll reduce the admin fee to £10 from £20. ::)

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #531 on: July 31, 2019, 10:18:33 am »
Cancelled mine about a week ago.  They've called me about 15 times since.  I haven't answered.  The next time they call I'm going to say "Yes, I'll come back if you give me an upgrade to Sky Q multiroom, sports, cinema and Sky+ and free installation for £55 a month for 18 months."
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #532 on: July 31, 2019, 10:55:31 am »
Cheers.

If anyone wants to know for comparison, Sky's cancellation/retentions department have made (they say) their best offer of £92.50 a month for the below:

Sky Q HD multi-room
Entertainment
Sports
Cinema
Box Sets
Fibre Broadband

And they'll reduce the admin fee to £10 from £20. ::)

I'm sure I saw an ad on telly last night for Sky Q for £42/mo including all the things™

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #533 on: July 31, 2019, 10:57:46 am »
Is there still no way of getting Sky Q UHD without multiroom?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Graeme

• Slightly Undergay RAWK PC Support
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #534 on: July 31, 2019, 11:33:50 am »
Is there still no way of getting Sky Q UHD without multiroom?

Nope. They’ve renamed it ‘Sky Q Experience’ these days and you can subscribe for £13 a month but you don’t have to take the mini box if you don’t want it.

Offline bruffell06

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #535 on: August 4, 2019, 08:00:45 am »
Depends if you’re a new customer or not.

Something like £40 all-in for new customers and can get sky q, mini box and fitting for £40 + £9 a month

Hey. I've sent you a PM about this.

Offline Mark Walters

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #536 on: August 5, 2019, 11:53:05 am »
Cancelled mine about a week ago.  They've called me about 15 times since.  I haven't answered.  The next time they call I'm going to say "Yes, I'll come back if you give me an upgrade to Sky Q multiroom, sports, cinema and Sky+ and free installation for £55 a month for 18 months."
No dice but no biggie.  I'll sign up as a new customer next year. At least they've stopped calling me now!  ;D
"Maybe in life it's impossible to give 100 per cent to your job. Okay, I'll accept 98 per cent" Rafa Benitez

Offline Frank Becton

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • JB - Fleetwood Face
« Reply #537 on: August 5, 2019, 12:01:12 pm »
I have been with SKY for years and have HD + boxes, apparently they are offering me under VIP an upgrade to SKY Q with just the installation costs.
But don't you really need a 4K TV to get the real benefit? I have 2 good large screen TVs but they are just 1080HD one's.
Though they are perfectly good HD pictures.

The other thing is I have quite a few movies downloaded onto my current boxes with several of the movies now not free to download again.
Several are now at least £7.99 , that's one think that annoys me with SKY for the monthly charge you should be able to download any movie you want without paying extra for it.
Wherever my boy is that's where I want to be.

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #538 on: August 5, 2019, 12:15:55 pm »
But don't you really need a 4K TV to get the real benefit?

I ran Sky Q on a Sony 1080P TV for a good 12-18 months before I got a 4K TV. In my opinion the Q boxes are a lot better. They're smaller and the software is much better than on the Sky+HD boxes. If you've got Sky Broadband they also act as a WiFi extender (although I've personally disabled this).

Offline Claire.

• RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #539 on: August 5, 2019, 12:40:18 pm »
You don't need a 4K TV no, but if you are planning on getting it in the future make sure you get the 2TB box cos they don't do it on the other one.

UHD costs extra on sky, and it's only available on certain channels through a sort of red button type selection. You can download in UHD but not record for example. The content is improving all the time and there's quite a lot of movies, big file sizes though, like 15gb for a film.

Offline CraigDS

• Lite. Smelt it and dealt it. Worrawhopper.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #540 on: October 7, 2019, 01:18:42 pm »
Anyone got a new customer offer?

Moving my Nan over from Virgin as she finds it really hard to use!

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
« Reply #541 on: November 1, 2019, 06:32:25 pm »
A friend at work has just allowed me to sign in to his account to watch Netflix. When I have tried to go in on my TV, it keeps coming up with me needing a Sky Plan. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there anyway I can use Netflix without needing one?
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #542 on: November 1, 2019, 08:14:16 pm »
A friend at work has just allowed me to sign in to his account to watch Netflix. When I have tried to go in on my TV, it keeps coming up with me needing a Sky Plan. Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is there anyway I can use Netflix without needing one?
You don’t need a sky plan to watch Netflix ....
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #543 on: November 1, 2019, 09:26:10 pm »
Are you trying to sign in via your Sky Q?

Online jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #544 on: November 2, 2019, 12:07:23 am »
Are you trying to sign in via your Sky Q?

I have solved it now. Thanks everyone.  :D

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #545 on: December 16, 2019, 07:43:51 am »
Having issues with my Sky box, don't know if anyone has had this. When I turn on the TV it says no satellite signal, yet when I check my signal its telling me that everything is fine but I can't get anything on the television. I have tried the usual of resetting the box and nothing changes. Thanks.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #546 on: December 16, 2019, 10:40:45 am »
Having issues with my Sky box, don't know if anyone has had this. When I turn on the TV it says no satellite signal, yet when I check my signal its telling me that everything is fine but I can't get anything on the television. I have tried the usual of resetting the box and nothing changes. Thanks.
Try checking out helpforum.sky.com , it's really good source for any problems with Sky , they should be threads regarding your issue, they usually have someone from Sky replying pretty quickly.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 10:42:24 am by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #547 on: December 16, 2019, 01:55:58 pm »
You won’t get a reply from Sky, it’s a community forum but there’s still some helpful stuff on there.

Offline RedSince86

• I blame Chris de Burgh
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #548 on: December 16, 2019, 02:00:39 pm »
You won’t get a reply from Sky, it’s a community forum but there’s still some helpful stuff on there.
I got a reply from someone from Sky on there when my brown box at the front of my house had the cover blown off during a gale a couple of years ago, one of the people from Sky pmed for my address and they fixed a new box a couple of days later.

Haha i just realised it was the virgin forum and it was my brown Broadband box. :P :butt

« Last Edit: December 16, 2019, 02:16:27 pm by RedSince86 »
"Since its purchase by the sheikh of Abu Dhabi, Manchester City has managed to cheat its way into the top echelon of European football and create a global, immensely profitable football empire, ignoring rules along the way. The club's newfound glory is rooted in lies."

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #549 on: December 16, 2019, 02:50:47 pm »
I got a reply from someone from Sky on there when my brown box at the front of my house had the cover blown off during a gale a couple of years ago, one of the people from Sky pmed for my address and they fixed a new box a couple of days later.

Haha i just realised it was the virgin forum and it was my brown Broadband box. :P :butt

Someone did reply on the forum but looks as though I will have to ring them tonight thanks anyway.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #550 on: December 22, 2019, 08:47:11 pm »
Our Sky Q box/dish has developed a fault today and no satellite signal is being received. Phoned Sky and they have given us an engineer visit date of the 10th of February. What the actual hell? Contemplating just binning it off.

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #551 on: December 23, 2019, 12:59:01 am »
Our Sky Q box/dish has developed a fault today and no satellite signal is being received. Phoned Sky and they have given us an engineer visit date of the 10th of February. What the actual hell? Contemplating just binning it off.

Get a fire stick and an iptv sub to tide you over,sticks are £29.00 for the 4k again and £19.99 for the 2nd gen.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #552 on: December 23, 2019, 01:12:07 am »

Their  Black Friday half price deal swamped their engineers.

Offline CraigDS

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #553 on: December 23, 2019, 06:20:47 am »

Could try a few fixes yourself and hope one works?

https://helpforum.sky.com/t5/Sky-Q/Sky-Q-No-satellite-signal/td-p/3075795

Offline Graeme

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #554 on: December 23, 2019, 07:26:22 am »
You can get an appointment sooner.

Log into your Sky account online and on your ‘Track Orders’ page the engineer visit will be there. People cancel appointments all the time and as soon as they do the slot goes back into the pool.

I upgraded to a 2TB box in November and got a date of January, but by checking each day I brought it forward several times to an install early December.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #555 on: December 23, 2019, 07:35:11 am »
Thanks for the tips. Probably just gonna get a Freeview box and bin Sky though. I only watch the footy and half of that is on BT that I can watch through an app. Most of what the Mrs watches is on regular TV. This has made me wonder wtf we are paying about £80 a month for.

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #556 on: December 23, 2019, 07:42:20 pm »
Threatened to cancel, now have an engineer visit tomorrow. Amazing!

Online jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #557 on: January 6, 2020, 06:26:24 pm »
Is anyone having problems with channels disappearing? For some reason I can't get BBC1 on my television, I can get BBC1 HD fine, but every time I try and get the non-hd channel it says no satellite signal.

Online [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #558 on: January 7, 2020, 09:35:04 am »
Is anyone having problems with channels disappearing? For some reason I can't get BBC1 on my television, I can get BBC1 HD fine, but every time I try and get the non-hd channel it says no satellite signal.

I know it's daft but you have unplugged and taken the card out etc

Offline red_lfc_costello

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #559 on: January 7, 2020, 02:21:49 pm »
Anyone dealt with the retention team lately? We had a deal for 12months, its gone up again so i contact them to cancel today. They have been making offers but cant seem to grasp that i don't want to be paying more than what i am, especially as they have lost some of the footie to BT and Amazon. They told me that from tomorrow they will be offering BT sports within their sky packages, not sure at what cost yet etc.

Told them to go ahead with the cancelation, so will see what they come back with but has anyone done this recently and got any good deals? I am happy enough with Sky and what we were paying but its jumped up another £10. Wouldn't mind if they did a similar deal as last time and included Netflix.
You appear to hve mistaken 'the funny photo thread' for the 'pointless, pre-pubescent nonsensical not even porn but "look, look, it's a girl" thread'