Author Topic: What games are you playing at the moment?  (Read 210768 times)

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
Re: What games are you playing at the moment?
« Reply #400 on: September 5, 2019, 08:31:14 am »
I bought Arkham knight when it first came out (2015,2016??), got to the bit when you're sneaking up and attacking the arkham knight cloudburst tank, got so frustrated with not being able to beat it i said f**k it and traded it in, anyway seen it was on the free games on the PSN, so thought let's have a go again, downloaded my save game off the cloud and attempted it again, low and behold beat the tank on first go and back into the story, its a good game but some of the Batmobile missions derail the game for me, the first 2 arkham games are far superior... its definitely worth a free download though
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #401 on: September 6, 2019, 02:51:09 pm »
Grabbed Divinity: Original Sin II on last day of the PSN sale for about 45% off.

Best gaming decision I've made in months.

6/8 hours in and I'm utterly hooked. Loads of reviews, both critics/public have this down as one of the best RPGs ever made. It's certainly well on course. Sheer variety of solutions, freedom of decision making, quest design, dialogue options are all excellent. Turn based strategical combat took a few fights, and more importantly - character development, to improve/click but towards the end of the first 'dungeon' I felt much more able to do my own destruction to enemies.

One of the those games where I'm thinking about getting home to play it in the evening all , and then 3/4 hours flashing by before it even feels like it. Done really well to stop googling/reading about it after watching a few videos to get a steer on all the build stuff, but again - I don't want anything spoilt, I wanna figure it all out, experience it all for myself.

Highly recommend any RPG lovers picking this up, especially if you want a more grown-up/adult/complex kind of FFVII/III turn based combat.

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #402 on: September 6, 2019, 03:21:54 pm »
Grabbed Divinity: Original Sin II on last day of the PSN sale for about 45% off.

6/8 hours in and I'm utterly hooked. Loads of reviews, both critics/public have this down as one of the best RPGs ever made. It's certainly well on course. Sheer variety of solutions, freedom of decision making, quest design, dialogue options are all excellent. Turn based strategical combat took a few fights, and more importantly - character development, to improve/click but towards the end of the first 'dungeon' I felt much more able to do my own destruction to enemies.

One of the those games where I'm thinking about getting home to play it in the evening all , and then 3/4 hours flashing by before it even feels like it. Done really well to stop googling/reading about it after watching a few videos to get a steer on all the build stuff, but again - I don't want anything spoilt, I wanna figure it all out, experience it all for myself.

Highly recommend any RPG lovers picking this up, especially if you want a more grown-up/adult/complex kind of FFVII/III turn based combat.

Cool, loved the first game.

I assume the characters don`t carry over in any form?
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #403 on: September 6, 2019, 03:30:50 pm »
Cool, loved the first game.

I assume the characters don`t carry over in any form?

Didn't play the first one. It doesn't seem to be impacting me story wise though.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #404 on: September 6, 2019, 05:08:25 pm »
I seen divinity os 2 was 15 quid on steam. The first is still 30 though so gonna wait for that to drop at some point hopefully

Offline ToneLa

• you know the rules but I make the game.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • I AM FURIOUS, RED (STILL)
« Reply #405 on: September 6, 2019, 06:49:57 pm »
I seen divinity os 2 was 15 quid on steam. The first is still 30 though so gonna wait for that to drop at some point hopefully

Don't think you'd miss much if you went to 2 before 1 - 2 is such a great game that improves on everything 1 did

You'd want the Remastered / Enhanced edition (or whatever it's called)

Offline CheshireDave

• quite apt, as he's from Gloucestershire and his name's Norman
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #406 on: September 9, 2019, 09:54:59 am »
Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey and Wreckfest.

"Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is a third-person open world survival game where you Explore, Expand, and Evolve to advance your clan to the next generation in the exciting new adventure from the creator of Assassin’s Creed"

"Wreckfest is a demolition derby themed racing game with soft-body damage modeling, sophisticated driving dynamics and in-depth vehicle upgrading, featuring both demolition derbies and more traditional track races. It’s all about fun, breakneck racing and over-the-top crashes."
Fuckin' 'Ell It's Fred Titmus

Offline Skeeve

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #407 on: September 9, 2019, 01:03:10 pm »

They were both in the last sale, so it should drop again.

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #408 on: September 22, 2019, 07:16:40 pm »
I bought Europa Universalis 4 on steam sale couple years ago.  I boot it up, I didn't understood anything and escpecially i didn't saw anything since the all texts were so small on my 4K display.  Fast forward this weekedn and I finally arsed to google what to do with those damn fonts. That's fixed.

I played it first vanilla version, then I watched some youtube videos to get better hang of it. I saw people pushing buttons that I did not have. Couple of DLCs later, I watched some more youtube videos. Still they are pushing buttons that I do not have. Fuck it. Now I'm +100EUR poorer, but I finally have those god damn buttons.

I'm hooked.
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline [new username under construction]

• Poster formerly know as shadowbane. Never lost his head whilst others panicked. Fucking kopite!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Insert something awesome here!
« Reply #409 on: September 22, 2019, 08:41:13 pm »
I bought Europa Universalis 4 on steam sale couple years ago.  I boot it up, I didn't understood anything and escpecially i didn't saw anything since the all texts were so small on my 4K display.  Fast forward this weekedn and I finally arsed to google what to do with those damn fonts. That's fixed.

I played it first vanilla version, then I watched some youtube videos to get better hang of it. I saw people pushing buttons that I did not have. Couple of DLCs later, I watched some more youtube videos. Still they are pushing buttons that I do not have. Fuck it. Now I'm +100EUR poorer, but I finally have those god damn buttons.

I'm hooked.

I'm the same, find it so hard to get into but want to so much lol

Offline dalarr

• hästarr. Call me sensitive.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #410 on: September 23, 2019, 03:46:47 pm »
Taking a break from consoles and back to Starcraft 2. Haven’t played the Zerg or Protoss campaigns. Blizzard sure knew how to do a proper storyline!
Playing Starcraft is getting me even more hyped for Warcraft 3 Reforged

Offline Schmidt

• 's small stretchy scrotum
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #411 on: September 23, 2019, 03:53:06 pm »
Taking a break from consoles and back to Starcraft 2. Haven’t played the Zerg or Protoss campaigns. Blizzard sure knew how to do a proper storyline!
Playing Starcraft is getting me even more hyped for Warcraft 3 Reforged

I had no idea Reforged was even a thing, definitely looking forward to that now! I think I'm still part way through the SC2 campaign, not sure why but I just found it a bit boring.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #412 on: September 23, 2019, 07:04:07 pm »
I had no idea Reforged was even a thing, definitely looking forward to that now! I think I'm still part way through the SC2 campaign, not sure why but I just found it a bit boring.
It is a thing mate and it’s going to be glorious. I agree with the criticism that studios are pumping out remasters instead of making new games, but there really isn’t a market for RTS games anymore. A Warcraft 3 remaster makes sense in that regard. It will include Frozen Throne as well!

Offline stara

• ra-boom-de-ay. RAWK's very own Dicktionary Corner.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #413 on: September 25, 2019, 07:53:54 am »
I'm the same, find it so hard to get into but want to so much lol

I'm playing my first campaign as Castilia. My plan was to invade Portugal, occupy Catalonia, convert noble estates to bourgois trading machine while avoiding to be eaten by big bad France. Luckily France and England were at each others throats, so it gave me little bit room to manouever against minors Granada and Navarro.

If I manage stay a float, then the long term goal is to form Spain, convert the whole penisula to lutheran faith and kick all nonconformists to my american colonies. That was the plan ...

Unfortunately King's son was utter tosser and sever handicap once King died. As last resort, I did the unthinkable and reverted back to earlier save file. I now try to get the moron killed on battlefield before King dies. Let's see if that improves my odds to rule the world  ;D
50+1. Real FFP rules. Now.

Offline Scottymuser

• Has many leather bound books (about football), and his home smells of rich mahogany. Bow to his superior knowledge of central defenders.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #414 on: October 9, 2019, 05:35:17 pm »
Decided to play my very first Fallout game, so went with 3.  25+ hours in so far, loving it.  Probably will do NV next, but may not do 4.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #415 on: October 10, 2019, 07:23:21 pm »
Resident Evil 2 Remaster. Loving it.

Offline Disregarder

• Andshe'llripyerknackersoff
  • Anny Roader
  • TV's own
« Reply #416 on: October 12, 2019, 10:55:21 am »
Last of us remastered. Think this might be the best freebie with PSN since Xcom2. Can't wait for part 2!
My 8k rig goes boom
PSN: OireCocobean

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #417 on: October 13, 2019, 10:39:25 am »
Decided to play my very first Fallout game, so went with 3.  25+ hours in so far, loving it.  Probably will do NV next, but may not do 4.
Very nice. Always great to see someone giving Fallout a try. I stumbled across Fallout3 by accident and have been a fanboy ever since.

Offline PhilV

• Has difficulty in getting it up, apparently.....
  • Legacy Fan
  • Epic Swindler
« Reply #418 on: October 14, 2019, 10:15:33 am »
Just finished Borderlands 3 last night, absolute class, really great game, lots to do (still need to go do side quests and hunts and other bits and bobs such as circle of slaughter) but it is so much fun - really recommend.

Gotta try and play the Iceborne expansion and Destiny expansion I paid for now haha and then CoD is out.

Offline tubby

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Destroyed Cowboy
« Reply #419 on: October 14, 2019, 10:20:31 am »
Hopping between Apex and Borderlands 3 at the moment.  Having the slide and punch buttons the opposite way round in each game is really messing me up.
Sit down, shock is better taken with bent knees.

Offline blacksun

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #420 on: October 15, 2019, 12:09:43 am »
Just finished Borderlands 3 last night, absolute class, really great game, lots to do (still need to go do side quests and hunts and other bits and bobs such as circle of slaughter) but it is so much fun - really recommend.

Gotta try and play the Iceborne expansion and Destiny expansion I paid for now haha and then CoD is out.

Likewise, swapping between Borderlands 3 and ShadowKeep with an occasional jaunt back to Red Dead Online

Hopping between Apex and Borderlands 3 at the moment.  Having the slide and punch buttons the opposite way round in each game is really messing me up.

Yeah that's always been a problem for me jumping between games. I have the same thing on Destiny and Red Dead, I press the touchpad for the map which it is on Destiny but on Red Dead it changes the perspective from 1st to 3rd person  ;D
« Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 12:12:30 am by blacksun »

Offline Casta

• way
  • Anny Roader
  • Kiba, Per Sempre nel mio Cuore...
« Reply #421 on: October 16, 2019, 04:19:17 pm »

What was the level cap you finished at on Borderlands 3 mate?
Nostalgia isn’t what it used to be

Offline Nessy76

• Shits alone and doesn't condone public self-molestation. Literally Goldenballs' biggest fan
  • Legacy Fan
  • We All Live In A Red And White Klopp
    • Andrew Ness Photographer
« Reply #422 on: October 16, 2019, 06:22:10 pm »
Likewise, swapping between Borderlands 3 and ShadowKeep with an occasional jaunt back to Red Dead Online

Yeah that's always been a problem for me jumping between games. I have the same thing on Destiny and Red Dead, I press the touchpad for the map which it is on Destiny but on Red Dead it changes the perspective from 1st to 3rd person  ;D

Yes, switched between Sekiro and Spider-Man the other day. Headfuck. They both do the Batman thing up walls but with totally different controls.
Fuck the Daily Mail.
Abolish FIFA

Offline AndyMuller

• Has always wondered how to do it. Rice, Rice, Baby. Wants to have George Michael. Would batter A@A at karate.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #423 on: October 16, 2019, 09:42:12 pm »
Started an NG+ on Spider-Man. It's still superb.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #424 on: October 16, 2019, 10:07:36 pm »
Started an NG+ on Spider-Man. It's still superb.

The story was amazing.

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #425 on: October 17, 2019, 12:42:33 am »
Resident Evil 2 Remaster. Loving it.
Yeah, this was brilliant. Third one I've played after 4 and 7. All have been superb.

Only downside is that the beginning of these games is always the best part, tend to be very memorable.

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #426 on: October 17, 2019, 06:47:46 am »

I paid £50 for this on Xbox a year or so ago, played it for about an hour and never went back. Got cheesed off with not being able to get an item off some lizard guy on a beach and quit it.

Online wige

• wiggy-woo!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #427 on: October 17, 2019, 10:44:18 am »
I paid £50 for this on Xbox a year or so ago, played it for about an hour and never went back. Got cheesed off with not being able to get an item off some lizard guy on a beach and quit it.

I've stopped playing around the start of act 3 - it's a great game, and I'll definitely come back to it, but there's a LOT of story, a lot of different story, a lot of small threads all tying back in to each other and so, any sort of break from it means I struggle to remember exactly wth I'm actually doing..

It can also be really hard knowing where to go and what to do next - especially if you've forgotten or are less familiar with the story because of above. It's incredibly punishing.

Would still highly recommend it though, just maybe don't start getting into Borderlands at the same time like I did!

Offline Fairytale of 2005

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #428 on: October 17, 2019, 11:18:19 pm »
I've stopped playing around the start of act 3 - it's a great game, and I'll definitely come back to it, but there's a LOT of story, a lot of different story, a lot of small threads all tying back in to each other and so, any sort of break from it means I struggle to remember exactly wth I'm actually doing..

It can also be really hard knowing where to go and what to do next - especially if you've forgotten or are less familiar with the story because of above. It's incredibly punishing.

Would still highly recommend it though, just maybe don't start getting into Borderlands at the same time like I did!

This is the impression I got. I don’t have the time for this kind of game, unfortunately. Not my wisest purchase!

Online KillieRed

• Jaro a.k.a. goatjumpingqueuefucker
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit.
« Reply #429 on: October 20, 2019, 09:44:25 am »
I just bought Baldurs Gate EE for the Xbox.

A bit pricey, but you get the original game, BG2, plus expansions.

The controller takes getting used to, but works well. Also, no loading times at transitions. Which is nice.
The best way to scare a Tory is to read and get rich” - Idles.

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #430 on: October 20, 2019, 12:08:18 pm »
I just bought Baldurs Gate EE for the Xbox.

A bit pricey, but you get the original game, BG2, plus expansions.

The controller takes getting used to, but works well. Also, no loading times at transitions. Which is nice.
Baldurs Gate 1 and 2. My favorite games from my younger days. I bought BG1 and hadn’t heard of D&D or RPG. When I got the hang of it, I was sold. Have been a huge RPG fan ever since.
Baldurs Gate 1 and 2 remain two of my all time favorites.

Online stoa

• way. Daydream. Quite partial to a good plonking.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Five+One Times, Baby...
« Reply #431 on: October 24, 2019, 01:41:41 pm »
Looking forward to giving The Outer Worlds a try which will be released tomorrow. Have seen some good reviews and thankfully it's on gamepass. I would have gotten it anyway, but it's good to know that I don't have to pay 60 Euros to get it...

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #432 on: November 5, 2019, 04:16:47 pm »
Just finally finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which was very good.
Now going to start on The Outer Worlds.
Got it via xbox game pass (for PC)

Offline Flaccido Dongingo

• A Daily Mail plant. Don’t swing at the king!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #433 on: November 5, 2019, 05:25:33 pm »
Just finally finished Deus Ex Mankind Divided, which was very good.
Now going to start on The Outer Worlds.
Got it via xbox game pass (for PC)
Game Pass really is the best gaming "thing" around these days, such value for money.

Offline lobsterboy

• Sworn enemy of crayfishgirl. Likes to draw spunking cocks n balls at sunday school
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #434 on: November 7, 2019, 06:29:02 am »
Game Pass really is the best gaming "thing" around these days, such value for money.

I get it for the kid's xbox, it was a nice bonus to find I could get PC games with it as well!

Offline ScottScott

• Thugby...It's just not rugger old chap!!!
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #435 on: November 7, 2019, 08:49:52 am »
Started The Outer Worlds last night, did about an hour getting used to everything and have done the 1st couple of quests. It's very good, really well made, funny in places as well

Offline dalarr

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #436 on: November 7, 2019, 09:53:42 am »
Started The Outer Worlds last night, did about an hour getting used to everything and have done the 1st couple of quests. It's very good, really well made, funny in places as well
I’m enjoying it as well. It’s not exactly reinventing the genre but it’s very good at being good, if that makes any sense.

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #437 on: November 7, 2019, 10:34:51 am »
I ended up murdering an entire space station full of people because the sheriff didn't like me nicking all his clobber out of the evidence room ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline Demo

• Anny Roader
« Reply #438 on: November 12, 2019, 12:28:20 pm »
I've found myself pining for the Uncharted games,so i've played all of them again in the last 2 months.
Currently playing Lost Legacy,forgot how good the graphics were!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #439 on: November 12, 2019, 12:35:31 pm »
I'm working my way through the Gears games,on 3 atm.

Looking forward to The Outer Worlds.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill