Author Topic: Amazon Echo  (Read 15452 times)

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
Re: Amazon Echo
« Reply #80 on: August 13, 2019, 10:53:51 pm »
Does anyone know for sure if you can put a single Sonos speaker into an Alexa speaker group? I've searched but because Sonos has its own groups I'm getting irrelevant or conflicting answers.

Ikea and Sonos have just collaborated on this rather swish looking speaker/lamp combination that would look excellent on my bedside table:

It has a cheaper Sonos inside it (but not the one with Alexa built in). I'm only interested if I can hook it into multiroom setup.

Incidentally I've since found the answer to my own question and it's no, with no plans from Sonos to make it happen.
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

~ Kenneth Williams, with whom I'm noddingly acquainted. Socially impressed?

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #81 on: August 14, 2019, 12:42:02 pm »
Guides I've seen suggest that you can. Echo devices have bluetooth, but most people use it to connect them to better speakers than the internal ones.

Given that the point of the Echo is the voice control, if all you want to do is stream music from a phone then there are probably higher sound quality bluetooth speakers you could get hold of.

Thanks mate.

Just asking as Im getting one free with broadband.

Online Riquende

• Taking one for the team by giving one to a lucky mascot? Pix or stfu!! (Although is PC is from the 90s so you'll have to wait a while...)
  • Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #82 on: August 15, 2019, 02:45:10 pm »
Thanks mate.

Just asking as Im getting one free with broadband.

I assume it's a Dot if it's free? Seen them being bundled with all sorts now.

In which case you won't want to stream music to it, the speaker in the Dot is a small tinny thing. It's handy for quick questions and answers, but it's not going to sound much better than a phone's own speaker for music. I've ended up putting my Dot in the hallway near the front door, as it's likely the one place I'm never going to hang around listening to music (although it's still in the 'everywhere' group so if you go between rooms you do briefly hear it, but the bass from the adjoining rooms fills in the aural gap).
"The nicest thing about quotes is that they give us a nodding acquaintance with the originator which is often socially impressive."

Offline Spezialo

• Knocked out of the world cup. Should have had a pen. As if you wouldn't confront the ref.
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2019, 11:36:38 am »
Its the Plus mate.

Online Riquende

• Legacy Fan
  • Μετρήστε με με μανία
« Reply #84 on: August 17, 2019, 09:22:11 am »
Its the Plus mate.

Nice. I've never heard a Plus but it'll be better than the phone so well worth a go.