Author Topic: Any Computer Forensic Related People In Here(HELP Wanted)  (Read 5872 times)

Offline Party Phil

• Boring Cunt that flies Air Bizarre
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Big in Japan
Re: Any Computer Forensic Related People In Here(HELP Wanted)
« Reply #40 on: July 6, 2009, 04:45:32 pm »
Bonjela is the answer though. It has magic revealing properties. Smear it all over your laptop screen and into any exposed orifices. It oozes into the innards of the notebook and reveals details of the sender. 

just don't order the bonjella off the internet :missus
If you're lying, I'll chop your head off.

Offline SP

• Thor ain't got shit on this dude! Alpheus. SPoogle. The Equusfluminis Of RAWK. Straight in at the deep end with a tube of Vagisil. Needs to get a half-life. Needs a damned good de-frag.
  • RAWK Staff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Super Title: Southern Pansy
« Reply #41 on: July 6, 2009, 04:47:38 pm »
just don't order the bonjella off the internet :missus

Those dodgy spam sending drug vendors often substitute calgel for bonjela, the bastards.

Offline Byrnee

• Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are Magic, Everton are Tragic
« Reply #42 on: July 6, 2009, 05:05:38 pm »
I'm going to go ahead and assume this course thing is complete fiction and actually you want to know who sent you an email.

If its dodgy, threatening or whatever and you are severely worried about it, you can contact the police though I am not sure how much they can do, unless you have an idea who sent it. Still any form of stalking is obviously very serious and should be reported and logged in as much detail as possible. I hope this isn't the case here.

If that isn't the case then I'd worry why you want to know the location of someone sending you emails. Unless you are in law enforcement in some capacity, you won't be able to track down too much information. And if you were, there are still tons of limits to tracing IP addresses etc, as mentioned above.

Frankly this whole topic is bizarre.
'Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool.'
Bill Shankly

01 06 22 23 47 64 66 73 76 77 79 80 82 83 84 86 88 90 20

77 78 81 84 05 19

At The End Of The Storm I

Offline Slidey

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
    • http://rawk.impulsed.net
« Reply #43 on: July 6, 2009, 05:19:04 pm »
agreed - it seems a crap thing to write a project on anyway..

Offline coffeehead

• A Lack Of Real Spice In His Life
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #44 on: July 6, 2009, 05:43:08 pm »
I'm sorry I sent you that email mate. Didn't realise it would lead to all this. I just thought that like me you had a thing about pigeons and chifchaffs.

Online Buck Pete

• GV66 LJF for short. King Kong Balls. Bathes in peat. Partial to a walnut whip. Gets wet for 24/7 but disappointed Chopper. On the mortgage blacklist. Too tight to really be called a
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #45 on: August 9, 2019, 12:13:22 pm »
Been teaching myself some digital forensics using Linux based tools and come across a problem.

Trying a little Exercise I found online called "Rhino Hunt" using a provided Data set.  I'm doing ok but am now stuck

Has anyone ever used 'Stegbreak' to find the password for images that are hidden within other images?  Two .JPG images i carved using 'foremost' have hidden data concealed using 'JPhide'. I used 'Stegdetect' to determine this

Here is my issue:

I am trying to retrieve the 'jphide' password from the 2 images using 'Stegbreak' but its just not working.  I've googled this and tried tons of stuff and know 100% the passwords are there and can be recovered by 'Stegbreak'.  Really cannot see why I can't get them though. 

SO....Anyone got 'Stegbreak' installed on their machine and care to give it a go in Linux terminal PLEASE?  I need to know if its me or my stegbreak install that's fucked up.

The link to the 2 images (of Alligators) is below and apparently there is a rhino image concealed within each.  Once i have the passwords using stegbreak i can then use 'jpseeek' to extract the rhino pics :)

https://postimg.cc/gallery/26upa6nau/

Cheers  :wave