Author Topic: The King is gone, long live the next one and good luck...  (Read 574793 times)

Offline KeithK83

• Kopite
  • Justice for the 96
Re: The King is gone, long live the next one and good luck...
« Reply #4680 on: May 17, 2012, 12:10:12 pm »
Its been another big 24 hours at Liverpool hasnt it. The one thing that strikes me here around the ongoing debate about who will succeed the King is the sharp split amongst the fanbase. A verbal civil war which has existed since the sacking of Rafa. For me, it is vital that we (as supporters) get past this, we need to exorcise this split in order to move forward. Dalglish was someone who came in and papered over this fanbase schism, a legend who everyone could get behind. I believe he most definitely should have been given more time. It was about a work in progress for the King. To me he will always be the King and I mean no disrespect when i say that I don't think there is anyone out there, if they are honest with themselves,  who didnt at one time or another during this season either vocally or internally question if he was getting it right, whether that was signings, tactics etc.

FS made a fantastic point the other day about the 'soul' of the club being lost. And without sounding preachy I think many on here could do with learning a bit from the auld arses. The problem, in my opinion, comes in thinking that we could ever be immune to what Modern Football has become. It was always going to infect our fanbase at some level. For too many years now, I personally, and many on here have been guilty of constantly looking backwards. Its understandable, we have one of the most glorious histories in world football, but I think the one positive in the sadness of KK's departure is that it affords us the chance to look forward. Its time to build something new, or else we will be consigned to the same fate as Leeds and Forest, also rans, has beens, a footnote in footballing History. The past will always be there but its weight will can crush the life out of teams unless they focus on implementing a sound forward looking strategy. I believe that Rafa was starting that process but through a mixture of both his own flaws and the constrains which he worked under, the process was halted prematurely. This is where we are stuck, a philosophical limbo. Trying to create a new future, with new owners but still with one foot in the past.

For that reason I worry about the new manager, if its not Rafa. If we do not let go of the immediate past we could play a major part in this clubs decent into regular mid table mediocrity. Rafa was treated badly, but i believe the man himself would encourage fans to support the club and whoever the manager turns out to be. I hate to say that I get the distinct impression that if its not Rafa, the pressure from a section of our own fan base will be immense. People like to bandy about Shankly's Trinity. I hope we never forget that we have an important part to play in that too.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2012, 12:11:44 pm by KeithK83 »
Walk on... Walk on... With Hope... In Your Heart

Offline ruairimacliam

• Gaydar User
  • Kopite
  • I am your father
« Reply #4681 on: May 17, 2012, 12:11:16 pm »
What about Neil Lennon at Celtic.

Playing really good football and winning titles, young manager. Eye for talent in signing Mulgrew, Wilson from Forest and lzaguirre from the arsehole of nowhere.

The last manager we took from Celtic did a decent enough job.
Irish Exile Red

Offline JLFC

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #4682 on: May 17, 2012, 12:12:59 pm »
Classless

Yes this is definetely true. Lost a bit of respect for the man now

Offline stevensr123

• bedwetter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4683 on: May 17, 2012, 12:13:04 pm »
Classless
Hahahaha it's twitter FFS get a life
PUSSY cat, PUSSY cat, I love you,  yes I do.......

Offline subroc

• cut at you with a clipper? Gas Face given, I beg to differ.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4684 on: May 17, 2012, 12:13:06 pm »

Playing really good football and winning titles, young manager. Eye for talent in signing Mulgrew, Wilson from Forest and lzaguirre from the arsehole of nowhere.

This is at Scotland though. Even the Portuguese league has to be better than the Scottish league, even with all due respect to them.

Offline Renato

• One Moura One Cup
  • Legacy Fan
  • allez les rouges
« Reply #4685 on: May 17, 2012, 12:13:14 pm »

No way. Might as well have a Championship manager tbf.

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4686 on: May 17, 2012, 12:13:18 pm »

::) are you insane?

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #4687 on: May 17, 2012, 12:13:25 pm »

Offline BEAST

• IEBOY - TIME FOR BOCK BOCK!
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sturridge dance
« Reply #4688 on: May 17, 2012, 12:15:37 pm »
You do not sack a manager going in the right direction and you do not go back on a contract, esp when KD was on the right track. The owners are cheeky twats sacking KD and can fucking stay in america.
The americans have shafted us fans and made it clear that all they want is to take advantage for greed and money the usual. Why dont they listen to what the fans want.

actually if they were greedy they wouldn't fire anyone - this is going to cost a good 6-10m in payoffs to all the staff.

Should fans dictate the transfer policy too?  Formations?

Offline kennedy81

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4689 on: May 17, 2012, 12:16:06 pm »
Surely Pep Guardiola is the best that's currently available by a country mile?  I know he's supposed to be taking a year out but he's not currently employed and I think would be a superb fit...
isn't Pep on a sojourn from the game?
so he can chill out in art galleries and sip martinis by the beach while reading Hemmingway, listening to the gentle lapping of the waves as young, bronzed girls dance and frolic in the sand.*

*mostly from my imagination

Offline hide5seek

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in THE 5 EUROPEAN CUPS
« Reply #4690 on: May 17, 2012, 12:16:30 pm »
Still classless if true though. Not that I do twatter.

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #4691 on: May 17, 2012, 12:17:04 pm »
actually if they were greedy they wouldn't fire anyone - this is going to cost a good 6-10m in payoffs to all the staff.

Should fans dictate the transfer policy too?  Formations?
some have already tried

Offline smj86

• Sad Wanker
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4692 on: May 17, 2012, 12:17:33 pm »
Why is Rafa judged on one poor season under the worst ownership in the clubs history? Why is it hard to understand that Alonso wanted to leave the club? Why are people blaming Kenny for Torres' departure? What part of a long term plan justifies a sacking after one year? Why is one cup won and one cup final appearance deemed a failure? Why are 21 and 22 year old potential superstars judged as flops in their first year at the club? Why are the owners consulting people from other clubs about OUR clubs future? What about NET spend is so complicated (I spend 10 pounds on ale, i get 5 pounds back change therefore I SPENT A TOTAL OF 5 MOTHERFUCKIN POUNDS ON ALE!!!!!) And why o fuckin why was the King treated like shit?

So many questions and so many STUPID answers from so-called fans!! my father has been a supporter of this club since the early 60s and he says hes never such horrendous supporters in all his time as a supporter than hes seen in the past 5 years. But hes old school what does he know?
“When they start talking and talking about us, it shows they are worried about playing Liverpool,”

Rafael Benitez

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4693 on: May 17, 2012, 12:17:37 pm »

Offline shelovesyou

• andyouknow youshouldbe glad OOOOOOH!!!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Yes
« Reply #4694 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:33 pm »
John W Henry has officially unfollowed Kenny on twitter

PANIC!!!!!!!!

WHO.GIVES.A.FUCK?
the easiest way for me to grow as a person is to surround myself with people smarter than I am

Offline scared_person

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4695 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:33 pm »
some have already tried

Nah, Purslow was never a fan

Offline proudred

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4696 on: May 17, 2012, 12:18:46 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18099339

The guy wanting Martin O'Neill to be the next lfc manager.

Offline dumbo

• Main Stander
« Reply #4697 on: May 17, 2012, 12:19:02 pm »
Hahahahahahahahahahah. Dear lord, can you not understand that in a more even top 6 it is harder to win more points because you are playing more quality sides that are harder to beat. The points total proves nothing unless you examine the league as a whole.

I thought of putting that, but that does not bear any relation to reality.  IMHO it is more true to say that the top 4 sides in the 2008 season have declined markedly.

In 2008 ManU finished on 87 points with a +58 goal difference.
In 2012 ManU finished on 89 points with a +56 goal difference.

Given that the ManU team of 2008 had Ronaldo and Van der Sar, whilst the 2012 team has mostly the same core players but 4 years older - and at their ages, that is not good. 

Winning the league is more difficult due to Man City.  Finishing in the top 4 is much easier.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4698 on: May 17, 2012, 12:20:07 pm »

Don't see why he needed to do that.

He seems very cold does Henry.  The bad cop, to the warmer Werner.

Both ruthless though.

Offline Acaustiq

• Statistically the biggest dick waver and has quotes to prove it. Bitter revisionist.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Finally, Danone Actimel cured him.
When your Mum used to pick you up from school and you'd run out and be like 'Mummy I got 9/10 in the spelling test today', would she go 'phenomenal, son'.

Cos if she did she's a stupid fuck.

Offline Trada

• Fully paid up member of the JC cult. Ex-Tory boy. Corbyn's Chief Hagiographer. Sometimes hasn't got a kloop.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Trada
« Reply #4700 on: May 17, 2012, 12:20:12 pm »

PANIC!!!!!!!!

Someone on Twitter said this yesterday.

JWH was very quick off the mark.
Don't blame me I voted for Jeremy Corbyn!!

Miss you Tracy more and more every day xxx

“I carry them with me: what they would have thought and said and done. Make them a part of who I am. So even though they’re gone from the world they’re never gone from me.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4701 on: May 17, 2012, 12:20:40 pm »

PANIC!!!!!!!!
This shit just got real!!  :o
only when he starts following big sam
Cheeky Twat!
Not very classy if true.
Classless
:lmao

Uh-oh, he's done it now!
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline ActiveSloth

• Kopite
  • Brendan Rodgers, he shakes his own hand
« Reply #4702 on: May 17, 2012, 12:21:16 pm »
You do not sack a manager going in the right direction and you do not go back on a contract, esp when KD was on the right track. The owners are cheeky twats sacking KD and can fucking stay in america.
The americans have shafted us fans and made it clear that all they want is to take advantage for greed and money the usual. Why dont they listen to what the fans want.The atmosphere will suffer again, the money explosion has wrecked our club. Kenny gave us hope that the traditions would live on, now I am not sure that the club can keep it alive under the current owners.

The old shit that we didnt finish in the top 4 in his first season doesnt cut any mustard with me. We made progress with kenny, getting to 2 finals and winning one of them. We we very unlucky in the league at times, but kenny was thinking about the longer picture. You cannot be world beaters overnight and progression needs a good leader and the owners must give someone a greater length of time to get it right. The owners need to grasp that most of us are patient and we were willing to give Dalglish the time required to see his contract out. The owners are cheeky twats sacking a legend when he was going in the right direction. Were meant to be a family and the owners need a lesson in how you should honour contracts, esp when KD was putting us on the correct path.

I dont like the way this has all been done for the record but its something that we have to get use to and we have to respect the next manager.
Can I ask how sacking Kenny shows that the owners are only after taking advantage for greed and money? Surely the costs in sacking a manager and replacing him goes against this. Maybe the owners listened to the fans when we called for Kennys appointment and they now see it as a bad investment or their first choice man is now available? Who knows but I'm sure that the next week will be an interesting one.
I agree we made progress in the cups but we regressed when it came to the league and that simply isnt good enough.
I always believed that Kenny was the man to help raise the spirits of the team and fans after the almost collapse of the club but I was unsure on how much further we could go with him incharge and maybe the owners were too and thats why this has happened?

Offline ♠Dirty Harry♠

• Michael Pain the tittie-fixated inflatable doll salesman
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4703 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:12 pm »
New liverpool manager steps up to take the job

1 week later...

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #4704 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:17 pm »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/newsbeat/18099339

The guy wanting Martin O'Neill to be the next lfc manager.
Manc? Check
Dislikes LFC? Check
History of falling out with American owners? Check
Never won anything of note in a competitive league? Check
Annoying hyperactive twat? Check
Long ball merchant? Check
No reputation whatsoever on the continent? Check

Yeah let's get O'Neill in.

Offline SecondComing

• Anny Roader
« Reply #4705 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:30 pm »
Was he following him in the first place? Doesn't follow any of the Red Sox staff

Offline Caffeine

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4706 on: May 17, 2012, 12:22:54 pm »

Quite.

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4707 on: May 17, 2012, 12:23:44 pm »
Manc? Check
Dislikes LFC? Check

"You just need to look at his track record to see that he's got what it takes." I wonder do these people actually think for themselves or simply believe the last thing they read that morning.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Z e u s

• Greek God of Whinging. But for the good of the forum! Son of Moanus and Rhea.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4708 on: May 17, 2012, 12:25:50 pm »
Manc? Check
Dislikes LFC? Check

We could have Frogratt and Impey on the wings.

Actually we have Downing, just get Steve Guppy instead.

Offline Dirk18Kuyt

• Kopite
« Reply #4709 on: May 17, 2012, 12:26:35 pm »

Yeah but he's always seemed a bit of a mad head with Celtic.

This is where the club has to be careful not to get a manager just because they're young I think.

But he'd bring Gary Hooper.  :wave

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4710 on: May 17, 2012, 12:27:13 pm »
:lmao

Uh-oh, he's done it now!

I thank you :P

Could be worse. He could have unfriended Kenny on Facebook ;)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #4711 on: May 17, 2012, 12:29:24 pm »
Manc? Check
Dislikes LFC? Check

I'd be done with football forever if that knobend was anywhere near Anfield.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline stevedo

• Lacks Emotion.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Muddling through.
  • Super Title: Corbyn Circle Jerker
« Reply #4712 on: May 17, 2012, 12:29:35 pm »

;D

Ah, a brief moment of amusement on a gloomy day.

Offline the_red_pill

• Hasn't got a fucking clue when the Reds are playing next.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Frankly my dear...
« Reply #4713 on: May 17, 2012, 12:29:42 pm »

We can thank the gods that it didn't come to that :)
"Some listen to understand. Others listen to respond."
"A fool does not delight in understanding, but only in revealing his own mind."
In such a sumptuous festival of shite, I wouldn't be so quick to pick a winner..

But he'd make the shortlist

Offline LondonLFCFan

• No new LFC topics
  • Main Stander
« Reply #4714 on: May 17, 2012, 12:31:36 pm »
I was banned for 2 years here for my views on what Mr Benetiz did to save our beloved LFC from the claws of Tom and Hicks who tried to bleed the club dry…. to pay the interest on their investment….

Feel free to ban me further…. as I still believe Mr Benetiz made the ‘ultimate sacrifice’ to make sure we only finished second in the PL …. and finally out of the top 4 ….. to drive Tom and Hicks to sell out at a lower price than what they were hoping to get….

Mr Benetiz lost the support of the majority of fans… especially on here…. blaming him for making the wrong decisions in the line-up and tactics….. and costing us the title… etc etc….

I love King Kenny for what he has done… throughout his career…. and for coming on board to stabilise the situation…. He is a Legion and Long Live The KING !!!

I believe it is time for the ‘second coming’ of Mr Benetiz, and get us the PL title.

We now have the backing of FSG to insist on goals and targets ….. and MR Benetiz  aka 'The Tactician' along with his team of back room staff ...... and players willing to come on board and sign up for LFC because of him .... everything will be in place..... just as long as all the fans are willing to sing on at every game...

Guess I could have upset a few of you here…… but I am still a LFC fan …..  ;)

We are in good hands now under Klopp and FSG. Fantastic time as LFC supporter. Exciting times !

We will never forget you Mr Rafa Benitez for what you have done for us. Thank you.

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=256378.msg6822596#msg6822596

http://www.redandwhitekop.com/forum/index.php?topic=293625.msg10340260#msg1034

Offline djphal

• Is Angry. But merked Daniel Sturridge. High Protector of Gavin's Almighty Midweek Erections.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #4715 on: May 17, 2012, 12:31:46 pm »
Was he even following him in the first place?

who cares anyway

Offline davey.1978

• Main Stander
  • Fuck them all.
« Reply #4716 on: May 17, 2012, 12:32:03 pm »
New liverpool manager steps up to take the job

1 week later...

Ha. A brave man to take on the job.
Keep the faith.

Offline davey.1978

• Main Stander
  • Fuck them all.
« Reply #4717 on: May 17, 2012, 12:33:43 pm »
I was banned for 2 years here for my views on what Mr Benítez did to save our beloved LFC from the claws of Tom and Hicks who tried to bleed the club dry…. to pay the interest on their investment….

Feel free to ban me further…. as I still believe Mr Benítez made the ‘ultimate sacrifice’ to make sure we only finished second in the PL …. and finally out of the top 4 ….. to drive Tom and Hicks to sell out at a lower price than what they were hoping to get….

Mr Benítez lost the support of the majority of fans… especially on here…. blaming him for making the wrong decisions in the line-up and tactics….. and costing us the title… etc etc….

I love King Kenny for what he has done… throughout his career…. and for coming on board to stabilise the situation…. He is a Legion and Long Live The KING !!!

I believe it is time for the ‘second coming’ of Mr Benítez, and get us the PL title.

We now have the backing of FSG to insist on goals and targets ….. and MR Benítez  aka 'The Tactician' along with his team of back room staff ...... and players willing to come on board and sign up for LFC because of him .... everything will be in place..... just as long as all the fans are willing to sing on at every game...

You're barred lad. Do one. ;)
Keep the faith.

Offline Kochevnik

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #4718 on: May 17, 2012, 12:34:20 pm »
I was banned for 2 years here for my views on what Mr Benítez did to save our beloved LFC from the claws of Tom and Hicks who tried to bleed the club dry…. to pay the interest on their investment….

Feel free to ban me further…. as I still believe Mr Benítez made the ‘ultimate sacrifice’ to make sure we only finished second in the PL …. and finally out of the top 4 ….. to drive Tom and Hicks to sell out at a lower price than what they were hoping to get….

Mr Benítez lost the support of the majority of fans… especially on here…. blaming him for making the wrong decisions in the line-up and tactics….. and costing us the title… etc etc….

I believe it is time for the ‘second coming’ of Mr Benítez, and get us the PL title.

We now have the backing of FSG to insist on goals and targets ….. and MR Benítez  aka 'The Tactician' along with his team of back room staff ...... and players willing to come on board and sign up for LFC because of him .... everything will be in place..... just as long as all the fans are willing to sing on at every game...

NOOOO!

It's the random elipse guy!  You've been run out of, like, three forums that I'm either a member or a lurker on before, always with the random ellipses in the middle of every sentence.  Please, for the love of Fowler, stop it!
Managers who have won fewer than three European Cups: Ferguson, Mourinho, Guardiola, Saachi, Hiddink, Hitzfeld, Clough, Happel, Trapattoni, Cruyff, Michels, Lobanovsky, Capello, and many more.
Managers who have won three or more European Cups: Bob Paisley

Offline conman

• Ohh aaaah just a little bit, Ooh aahh, a little bit more. Aerial stalker perv. Not cool enough to get the lolz.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
    • Cocopoppyhead
« Reply #4719 on: May 17, 2012, 12:34:46 pm »

2nd coming you say....