Author Topic: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC - pointless speculation in here please...  (Read 174006 times)

Offline rojo para la vida

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #760 on: June 4, 2015, 08:03:43 am »
As a gambling man I feel that there's an odds on chance that this is going to end up in tears sooner rather than later, from my view mainly due to FSG's reluctance to purchase the quality players that we need to push for top four, rather than Rodger's lack of ability. Only this morning there are reports that Skrtel is unhappy with his new contract offer and I suppose it wouldn't be the end of the world if we could replace him with someone younger with at minimum, similar abilities but we know that's not going to happen, so why don't they stop fucking about and pissing off important players and just give him what he's worth?

I would have been happier to have replaced the manager with one of Rafa, Ancelloti or Klopp in that order but that's not happening and I'm struggling to think of any one else that I think would be able to come in and not put us through the misery of yet another three year/five year plan, so Rodger's now gets my full support with no moans unless there's no sign of improvement by the end of the year.

I think he's on a hiding to nothing though. Our owners will persevere with a flawed strategy. They're businessman who continually look at the bottom line and that might be what saved Brendan because I don't think they fancied the amount of the pay off.

Offline Upinsmoke

• Is a grump, get used to it.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #761 on: June 4, 2015, 08:04:33 am »
He's staying, their's nothing that will change that between now and the first few games which will shape where we are going.

I'm always optimistic this time of the year so let's hope for a good window and an enjoyable pre-season before we start the manager critiquing in august again (which i'm sure i'll be a part of!)

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
Re: Re: Brendan Rodgers to remain at LFC after positive talks with owners
« Reply #762 on: June 4, 2015, 08:08:32 am »
'Dead man Walking'
There is absolutely no chance of Rodgers succeeding this next season. The current squad is not up to it and there is no prospect of enough quality signings to make the difference. Not sure where FSG are coming from, what their expectations are? It appears that their number one priority is financial stability and caution, as that can be the only explanation for persisting with the current set-up.
It is obvious to most that we do not have a team that is capable of competing with the top half dozen in the Premier League let alone with the better teams in Europe.
My guess is that FSG are persisting with Rodgers and Ayre while the balance sheet shows a profit to give them some time to concentrate on paying for the initial ground expansion. They are gambling that our reputational decline will will not be too great before they can release expenditure on the team.
Rodgers can take the flack for a season, then he can be sacked at little additional cost, releasing funds for a new manager and some new players.
Ayre will be moved on as soon as a negative imbalance appears in the club finances.

Offline srinath

• Kemlynite
« Reply #763 on: June 4, 2015, 08:14:15 am »
I wonder how many posters over here are actual supporters. I am not entirely convinced about brendan rodgers ability. But that does not mean that I want LFC to lose or for Rodgers to get sacked. I would love it if Rodgers prove me wrong and LFC start playing good football again. And for that I will support Rodgers and this team. I think even if his shortcomings are identified, then we should be looking at improving those areas rather than just sacking Rodgers. I am intrigued about how this season turns out. It is either going to be Rock or Bust. Let's hope it rocks!

Offline Mutton Geoff

• 'The Invigilator'
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Life is a journey, not a destination.
« Reply #764 on: June 4, 2015, 08:20:18 am »
'Dead man Walking'
There is absolutely no chance of Rodgers succeeding this next season. The current squad is not up to it and there is no prospect of enough quality signings to make the difference. Not sure where FSG are coming from, what their expectations are? It appears that their number one priority is financial stability and caution, as that can be the only explanation for persisting with the current set-up.
It is obvious to most that we do not have a team that is capable of competing with the top half dozen in the Premier League let alone with the better teams in Europe.
My guess is that FSG are persisting with Rodgers and Ayre while the balance sheet shows a profit to give them some time to concentrate on paying for the initial ground expansion. They are gambling that our reputational decline will will not be too great before they can release expenditure on the team.
Rodgers can take the flack for a season, then he can be sacked at little additional cost, releasing funds for a new manager and some new players.
Ayre will be moved on as soon as a negative imbalance appears in the club finances.

jesus wept is this some new age version of support
A world were Liars and Hypocrites are accepted and rewarded and honest people are derided!
Who voted in this lying corrupt bastard anyway

Offline Gnurglan

• The Swedish Savaloy
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #765 on: June 4, 2015, 08:25:38 am »
'Dead man Walking'

Who knows? It's a little too early to say we can't succeed next season. If we look back at 14/15, it's reasonable to think we'd have finished in top four, had Sturridge been fit most of the season.

It's probably the case though, that people won't have a lot of patience with Rodgers, should we get off to a bad start. I don't think FSG are that worried about the cost for replacing a manager. It can't be their biggest concern. How much can it be? 10M? A couple of backup players who are collecting dust somewhere and that's solved. Not too difficult to solve.

The way I read this situation, FSG accept the reasons why we only finished 6th. It's not too hard to understand why. We lacked a goalscorer or two. Correct that and we're back on track. I think many of us would go along with that. Had they not accepted the reasons, and that one is really what matters, they would have replaced him.

"The key isn't the system itself, but how the players adapt on the pitch. It doesn't matter if it's 4-3-3 or 4-4-2, it's the role of the players that counts." Rafa Benitez

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC - Living rent-free in the heads of our rivals
« Reply #766 on: June 4, 2015, 08:29:54 am »
The worry for me is, if it goes tits up for Brendan and he ends up getting sacked, are there going to be any top managers willing to take over with FSG running the show? I really think it's something we should all think seriously about before we get on the current managers back. If we sack Brendan don't be surprised if we end up with a Garry Monk, Eddie Howe or Karl Robinson type appointment then a Jurgen Klopp, Carlo Anclelotti, Rafa Benitez type one. There are already rumours we approached Klopp for the job but he turned us down. Now I don't know if there is any truth in that, but still it's something to think about...

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #767 on: June 4, 2015, 08:41:59 am »
The worry for me is, if it goes tits up for Brendan and he ends up getting sacked, are there going to be any top managers willing to take over with FSG running the show? I really think it's something we should all think seriously about before we get on the current managers back. If we sack Brendan don't be surprised if we end up with a Garry Monk, Eddie Howe or Karl Robinson type appointment then a Jurgen Klopp, Carlo Anclelotti, Rafa Benitez type one. There are already rumours we approached Klopp for the job but he turned us down. Now I don't know if there is any truth in that, but still it's something to think about...

Sobering thoughts, and ones I agree entirely with.

Sometimes change, for changes sake will often backfire. I'm glad Brendan is staying, let's see if the well is completely dry before we start to dig another one.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #768 on: June 4, 2015, 08:51:42 am »

Have you got any proof mate?
Only the word of my source who has been right on everything he has told me from someone in the club. Klopp is defo taking a break but we were right in for him and contacted Carlo the eyebrow too.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #769 on: June 4, 2015, 08:54:45 am »
Only the word of my source who has been right on everything he has told me from someone in the club. Klopp is defo taking a break but we were right in for him and contacted Carlo the eyebrow too.

Well if it's true, the reason he'll be taking a break is because he didn't fancy becoming our manager imo. Which ties in with my post above.

Offline only6times

• a night. Founder of the Breck Road Brasses mediation service. Owner of an out of control Fat Finger.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #770 on: June 4, 2015, 08:57:35 am »
Well if it's true, the reason he'll be taking a break is because he didn't fancy becoming our manager imo. Which ties in with my post above.
He just wants a break is what I've been told. He can then cherry pick the jobs that will be going when someone gets the bullet.
bitter,not me.a granddad,but I'm not even 40

Offline Redrider

• Departed for a forum with better manners
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #771 on: June 4, 2015, 08:57:37 am »

It's probably the case though, that people won't have a lot of patience with Rodgers, should we get off to a bad start. I don't think FSG are that worried about the cost for replacing a manager. It can't be their biggest concern. How much can it be? 10M? A couple of backup players who are collecting dust somewhere and that's solved. Not too difficult to solve.
I suspect that FSG have done their sums and realised that it will cost well in excess of £100m to sack and replace Rodgers and also make any impact on the quality of the current squad with any significant player purchases. They are already committed to significant expenditure on the Ground Improvements and they have decided that they cannot afford both ground and squad improvements at the same time.
Keeping Rodgers and bringing in one or two 'free/low cost players is a cautious option. It is an option that buys them time and (in their belief) there is also a slim chance that Rodgers could come good and make the top four. The biggest risk is that we lose premier league status, however, that is an unlikely prospect. More likely we have a very mediocre season, finish mid-table allowing FSG to make some big changes in twelve months time when they are in a better financial position to fund a new manager and re-build the team before too much reputational damage has been incurred.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #772 on: June 4, 2015, 09:02:53 am »
He just wants a break is what I've been told. He can then cherry pick the jobs that will be going when someone gets the bullet.

Could be true I suppose. I've a feelin he'll want a job under more ambitious ownership though. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Man City.

Offline Kennys from heaven

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "NOBODY expects the Spanish Inquisition!"
« Reply #773 on: June 4, 2015, 09:04:48 am »
Rodgers had an abysmal season for a number of reasons both in his control and out of his control.

That said, last season showed that his sides can be effective given the right circumstances. Europe I believe came as a big shock to him and although I was not comfortable with some decisions he made, the turn in form we had mid-season showed that the squad could react and still play. Rodgers has the ability to move on but he is in a results oriented career and performances like we saw at Stoke, Hull, Crystal Palace, etc just will not be tolerated - he knows that and it is a do-or-die scenario for him.

Constant change is the bane of football at the moment. Yes, as I said, it is a results oriented business, but at the same time you do need a level of consistency to get where you need to be. If we'd been dead last and showed no signs of playing any decent and winning football, I'd be a little more pessimistic, but like I said above, we played some cracking stuff still this year which shows we're capable. Newcastle are an absolute shambles because of their hire and fire mentality with managers and will take years and massive investment to put right and there are other clubs also in such turmoil because of their rotating door policy on managers. The oft-banded "three/five year plans" that managers talk about is not myth - to mould teams into a cohesive unit requires time. the average age of the squad is set for the long term and will end up bearing fruit as we do have some very tidy players in the mix here. (but Sterling and his agent can fuck off the petulant little shits!  :D)

I am not being derogatory to Stevie here, but I believe that now he has gone this will be a weight off everyone's mind, as there's no reliance on him or the feeling that a selection is being made to accommodate him. There is no excuses anymore. This is now a squad that is built in Rodgers's image and he knows it's time to deliver this year. As he's the manager of Liverpool football club, he gets my full backing... and also my full wrath when he fucks up!

Also, one thing that always gets my goat is that everyone thinks age is wisdom - even the most seasoned managers learn constantly (or the good ones do anyway) so all this myth about him being a young manager is cobblers - Klopp is not much older, well, good managers will always be learning no matter how old they are, so can we please stop his age from being a stick to beat him with?

He's here. He's staying. He's manager of Liverpool football club and yes, he's a run of results away from finding another job, but until such time as it's deemed he is not continuing in the role, ffs get behind him. I cannot stand the fact that supporters of this club are actually seemingly wanting failure. The mind boggles.
The most important people at Liverpool Football Club are the people who want to be here

Offline thisyearisouryear

• Need a dose of Hopium
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #774 on: June 4, 2015, 09:07:47 am »
I am not that big a fan of Rodgers. I especially hate his constant spouting of shit in interviews and few totally weird team selections. And I would have loved Klopp in Anfield. (Klopp in Kop, anyone ? :P)

But I do hope Rodgers shuts up the plethora of wanker fans on here these days. It almost seems we no longer have football fans/supporters. All we have are club critics/analysts/reviewers etc. As someone above said, it is as if some people would rather see Rodgers fail this season so he can be sacked.

Bloody Awful! You guys are taking away all the fun and romance from the sport with your constant whining.

Offline mkferdy

• "Zlat's all, folks!" (yes, that's MY joke!)
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #775 on: June 4, 2015, 09:09:28 am »
I cannot help but feel the frustration lies with being so close to winning the title then having a very decent budget to spend on players to cement our place in the top 4 was missed. With all the frustration coming out in the wrong way is only because people care and want us to do better.

No one at the club comes out of last season unscathed for me. From the owners who have not put a better structure in place tn how we spend the money we make to the transfer committee who deemed the likes of Lambert and Balotelli to be good enough to lead the line to the manager who's constant tactical changes, playing players out of position to his poor use of the squad we had. Despite all of that if we hadn't come so close to winning the league the year before six place may not of been seen as such a catastrophe.

With regards to the owners, I always try and look at things as if I was in their shoes without the emotional attachment to this club and this sport. For me there silence at the moment says a lot. They are on a hiding to nothing if they come out saying we expect top 4 next year or to do better cause their strategy doesn't match the talk.   

I cannot help but feel they are happy with constant Europa league qualification rather than Champions league qualification while they look to maximise commercial revenue as well as stadium revenue. With the new TV deal in place just staying in the premier league will bring in more revenue. They are finance people, the amount of investment it would take with regards to transfer fees and wages to really push for the title year on year / guarantee a top 4 finish when there are the likes of Chelsea, Man Utd, Man City and Arsenal who all can all spend more than us is risky.

All of our rumored signings do nothing but look to consolidate our 6th place status in my opinion. I personally believe they will be more than happy with constant Europa league success which will keep our name out there plus give a platform to showcase our young talent who could be sold for a premium down the line.

I look at FSG during there time here and for me they haven't really done anything that screams out ambition when it comes to the structure of the club. When they first arrived they were in the market for a new MD. we hired headhunters to scour the globe only to promote Ian Ayre. So that was the best we could find. They decide to sack Kenny and all the talk at the time was of appointing a DOF with a manager working under him with the likes of Txiki Begiristain being mentioned. What we got was the owners appointing a rookie manager who's only success to date was a play off final win the championship with a mid table finish with Swansea. Now at that time surely no one can say honestly that Rodgers was the best available candidate and was right to manage this huge club without a competent structure above him.

If Rodgers does end up getting hounded out by the fans/media I do not have the confidence that FSG will hire the best manager available as a winning manager will require what funds we have spent differently to how the owners see it in my opinion. What I believe the owners want from a manager is one that can develop younger players, improve them, play attacking football so they can justify ever increasing ticket prices and keep the fans coming through the doors while qualifying for the Europa league. At the same time they can talk about what a huge club we are while turning Anfield into nothing more than a tourist attraction.

Whether Rodgers stays or goes is here nor there in my opinion when we have bigger issues structurally. There are a lot worse owners out there and at least FSG invest the money we make back into the club. A lot of this can be fixed for me by hiring experienced senior operators to run the club/transfer activity taking the responsibility away from the manager and investing what money we do have much more efficiently.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Not quite the Pool Man, more like the ESL Man
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #776 on: June 4, 2015, 09:10:20 am »
I suspect that FSG have done their sums and realised that it will cost well in excess of £100m to sack and replace Rodgers and also make any impact on the quality of the current squad with any significant player purchases. They are already committed to significant expenditure on the Ground Improvements and they have decided that they cannot afford both ground and squad improvements at the same time.
Keeping Rodgers and bringing in one or two 'free/low cost players is a cautious option. It is an option that buys them time and (in their belief) there is also a slim chance that Rodgers could come good and make the top four. The biggest risk is that we lose premier league status, however, that is an unlikely prospect. More likely we have a very mediocre season, finish mid-table allowing FSG to make some big changes in twelve months time when they are in a better financial position to fund a new manager and re-build the team before too much reputational damage has been incurred.

The 100M to sign better players will have to be invested either this window or the next. If the reason for why FSG is giving Rodgers another chance is because Ancelotti and Klopp are out of the market this window and there are no othre credible alternatives however, then that is understandable. If Ridgers comes good, then all and good but if not, then by that tuime Klopp and Ancelotti are looking for jobs again and FSG hopefully will have more cash by then.

Offline TSC

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #777 on: June 4, 2015, 09:27:34 am »
I think it would help if fans became a little bit more informed about FSG back in Boston. Make up your own minds, don't be influenced by the apologists or the ones who blame FSG for world hunger. Interesting article here from June 02 2015. From the same newspaper Henry owns.  8)

https://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/2015/06/02/john-henry-says-farrell-cherington-jobs-are-safe/61q3ZlwbLjJahNqaXCNJwK/story.html

Wonder who'll do the same at LFC?  ::)

Thanks for posting.  The one positive I'd take from that is that it's clear the guy lives and breathes Red Sox.  He's obviously passionate about it.  Him and Werner are fully involved and are key figures in Boston especially with him owning the local press.  His passion and finances alone for the Red Sox may turn things around.

Problem for us of course is that you get the impression we're a mere sideshow.

Bit like some entrepreneur from Liverpool owning us and the Echo, and investing in a baseball team over in the US due to the fact money is rolling in from tv and other media.  Obviously would want them to do well but not really fully bought into it, and may send a minion or two over now and again to appease the locals.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #778 on: June 4, 2015, 09:28:47 am »
If Rodgers comes good, then all and good but if not, then by that time Klopp and Ancelotti are looking for jobs again and FSG hopefully will have more cash by then.

The thing is though mate because we're Liverpool fans we automatically think because we're Liverpool we'll have a whole host of top managers banging the door down begging for a job should we sack Brendan. I'm not so sure that is the case anymore mate. Football has changed, we haven't won the league in 25 years, have won one trophy in 9 years and haven't been a force in Europe for about 6 years either. Also we have no star players as such, no CL football to offer and we haven't got oil rich owners to help buy us success either.

Offline chanti

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #779 on: June 4, 2015, 09:35:14 am »
The saddest thing is that I can't even tell my soccer mates " Next season"

Of all the top teams in the EPL our manager looks like a trainee appointmetn.

Sure FSG must appoint a new PR head.

The rest of the foootballing world already looks at us a "small club" and ashamedely I have to agree as we are being run like one at the moment.

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #780 on: June 4, 2015, 09:37:22 am »
Glad he's staying. Fuck off to the sack culture in football.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #781 on: June 4, 2015, 09:41:02 am »
I can see where those with doubts and worries are coming from based on the drop off at the end of the season.

On the flip side - after how bad parts of that season was is it so hard to imagine us being able to pick up an extra 10-12 points next season if we fix some of our problem areas?

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #782 on: June 4, 2015, 09:41:24 am »
Could be true I suppose. I've a feelin he'll want a job under more ambitious ownership though. Wouldn't surprise me if he ends up at Man City.

This is my only real worry.

If the club wanted a change then we should have chuck whatever he wanted at him. Once he's had 6 months off, and chance to really look at his options, and properly think about his next move then I see Liverpool as slipping out of his vision.

After spinning plates for 7 years at BVB is he really going to want to come here and start all over again ?

The romance of a club like ours soon loses it's appeal when you get offered the keys to the Magic Kingdom with unlimited funds and the chance to work with the worlds best players.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline TheTeflonJohn

• The proud owner of a moist undercarriage. Full LFC bed time attire wanker. Self-confessed CUNT.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Atkinsons Long Leather - Atkinsons Hair Do
« Reply #783 on: June 4, 2015, 09:44:17 am »
The thing is though mate because we're Liverpool fans we automatically think because we're Liverpool we'll have a whole host of top managers banging the door down begging for a job should we sack Brendan. I'm not so sure that is the case anymore mate. Football has changed, we haven't won the league in 25 years, have won one trophy in 9 years and haven't been a force in Europe for about 6 years either. Also we have no star players as such, no CL football to offer and we haven't got oil rich owners to help buy us success either.
That`s true Sol, some should think long and hard about who would we get if Rodgers was gone. It`s not a given that we will end up with some top manager.

Look back to when we sacked Rafa. We ended up with Hodgson! I`m not saying we would end up with someone as bad as Hodsgon but to think we will get some trophy laden manager? That`s a big gamble.

We see ourselves as a top club and therefore top managers will be beating a patch to our door in the event of Rodgers sacking when the reality probably lies somewhere in between.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #784 on: June 4, 2015, 09:45:01 am »
I can see where those with doubts and worries are coming from based on the drop off at the end of the season.

On the flip side - after how bad parts of that season was is it so hard to imagine us being able to pick up an extra 10-12 points next season if we fix some of our problem areas?

I'd use the last two seasons as my barometer Nick. The 'truth' will be somewhere between.

We'll not create the highs of 13-14 without a perfect storm event again, nor will we plumb the lows of last season.
When we needed luck in 13/14 we got it, last season we were paid back.

Add 20 goals to our team and I reckon we'd hit the target that I'd personally set Brendan for next season.

Online Keita Success

• Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #785 on: June 4, 2015, 09:45:16 am »
This is my only real worry.

If the club wanted a change then we should have chuck whatever he wanted at him. Once he's had 6 months off, and chance to really look at his options, and properly think about his next move then I see Liverpool as slipping out of his vision.

After spinning plates for 7 years at BVB is he really going to want to come here and start all over again ?

The romance of a club like ours soon loses it's appeal when you get offered the keys to the Magic Kingdom with unlimited funds and the chance to work with the worlds best players.
I'm sorry, but what is 'a club like ours'? Modern day football has killed whatever we had about us.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #786 on: June 4, 2015, 09:47:14 am »

Well given how fickle Real Madrid and Perez are, by that time Benitez may also become available if he fails to win the La Liga or the CL!

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #787 on: June 4, 2015, 09:51:17 am »
I'm sorry, but what is 'a club like ours'? Modern day football has killed whatever we had about us.

Not financially doped.
Needs to punch above it's weight to get CL.

I'm not doing us down, but it is what it is.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #788 on: June 4, 2015, 09:52:45 am »
Well given how fickle Real Madrid and Perez are, by that time Benitez may also become available if he fails to win the La Liga or the CL!

He would deffo come but, with Ayre here would he even get the chance is the question mate?

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #789 on: June 4, 2015, 10:04:53 am »
He would deffo come but, with Ayre here would he even get the chance is the question mate?

If it ever came to that, either Ian Ayre himself would be out or we would be so far up the creek without a paddle that we would h ave no choice but to offer him the job.

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #790 on: June 4, 2015, 10:07:45 am »
If it ever came to that, either Ian Ayre himself would be out or we would be so far up the creek without a paddle that we would h ave no choice but to offer him the job.

See, I don't think they would get rid of Ayre and I don't think they'd offer Rafa the job either. :-\ That's just wishful thinking on your part mate.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #791 on: June 4, 2015, 10:08:51 am »
See, I don't think they would get rid of Ayre and I don't think they'd offer Rafa the job either. :-\

I've seen on here that Ayre is going to work for Standard Chartered ?

Or was it bullshit ?

Offline Solomon Grundy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #792 on: June 4, 2015, 10:09:48 am »

Or was it bullshit ?

Really? Leave the club and work for them? Not heard anything about that mate.

Offline ThePoolMan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #793 on: June 4, 2015, 10:12:15 am »

Or was it bullshit ?

Wouldnt that be nice...either he goes or he sticks out of footballing matters...

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #794 on: June 4, 2015, 10:16:59 am »
Really? Leave the club and work for them? Not heard anything about that mate.

Wouldnt that be nice...either he goes or he sticks out of footballing matters...

There were rumours on here a month or two ago, then in last couple of weeks someone mentioned Standard Chartered.

I definitely remember reading it, just not sure whether is was a statement of fact or someone starting Chinese Whispers and 2+2 made 5.

Online Crosby Nick

• He was super funny. Used to do these super hilarious puns
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Poultry in Motion
« Reply #795 on: June 4, 2015, 10:19:55 am »
I'd use the last two seasons as my barometer Nick. The 'truth' will be somewhere between.

We'll not create the highs of 13-14 without a perfect storm event again, nor will we plumb the lows of last season.
When we needed luck in 13/14 we got it, last season we were paid back.

Add 20 goals to our team and I reckon we'd hit the target that I'd personally set Brendan for next season.

Agree with you there m'lid.

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #796 on: June 4, 2015, 10:24:06 am »
'Dead man Walking'

We finished 6th? That is the top half dozen. 2 reasons we finished 6th. Our best goalscorer was out for most of the season. And the players couldn't be arsed after 22nd March. This squad is very capable of finishing top 4.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Sh0rty

• Kopite
« Reply #797 on: June 4, 2015, 10:27:55 am »
I'm interested in what his targets are?

Offline fowlermagic

• Ilittarate
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #798 on: June 4, 2015, 10:39:26 am »
Lets see how we walk the walk now as a huge summer for the club, Brendan and the owners. This summer transfers will indicate our goals for the season as if we add a couple of potential title winning capable players to the first team then all should be fine. If we dont then we will be here next summer discussing our next manager.
I have a simple philosophy: Fill what's empty. Empty what's full. Scratch where it itches. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zi5-V75v-6I

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #799 on: June 4, 2015, 10:43:42 am »
jesus wept is this some new age version of support

Yes.  Look at what the country has voted for lately:  the end of the Human Rights Act, NHS privatisation, massive cuts in public services, demonisation of the poor/disabled/addicted, etc, and all for low taxes.  It's the age of the narcissist, the me-me-me generation.   I'm not surprised about the change in fanbase.  It would be more surprising if we still had a socialist, pragmatic and autodidactic fanbase.  It's reflected in society and, unfortunately, football fans.   
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.