Author Topic: Shanklyboy's and Fat Scousers ( Leo who's still alive ) auld arse thread  (Read 3981246 times)

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
Re: Shanklyboy's auld arse thread.
« Reply #39680 on: May 26, 2015, 11:11:15 pm »
Thank you Vic. And watch out, Doc. She'll have you.

As for birthdays, anyone remember mad Harry Trow? Sound fella, H. I've just been chatting to him, 67 today, still riding the funky moped. He's getting one of them Hell's Angels jackets... The Brothers of Arthritis.

Nice one Pooley. I do remember that shop. But mate, the lads in our family never got the sent the shop. The girls took care of all that. Not that I want to kick Jam Butty and Mags off. They just didn't trust us. Not that we'd rob them, oh dear no. But we were all thick. The girls rang rings round us and to the shop and back quicker.

Brought back memories though, does anybody remember that Fish Paste gear, the pink slimey stuff? And Brawn. I liked Fish Paste but hated that Brawn, snot on a plate. But I always remember big slabs of them in the shops, getting a bit sliced off and wrapped in grease proof paper.

And I did rob me Ma once. I didn't mean to. Me an our George were waiting for a mate to come out and go to school. John Thomas his name was, not a wind up. That was his name. Me Ma came out of his house, told us to get to school. We waited for Thomo and spotted a ten bob note on the floor. I honestly didn't know me Ma had just borrowed it from Thomo's Ma. We fucked off to Southport, got back about 10 oclock that night. I always remember it. I had one of them little winky black dolls, remember them with the winky eyes. I got home and held it out as a peace offering. Me Ma sussed I'd had the ten bob and me Da's tea away, oh dear indeed. Them hidings back then. Me Ma would have got thrown out the Gestapo for cruelty.

Doesn't seem to have done you much harm. Ten bob was worth an arm and a leg for us.
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39681 on: May 27, 2015, 12:39:01 am »
Doesn't seem to have done you much harm. Ten bob was worth an arm and a leg for us.
Ten bob was enough to feed us all for the rest of the week. But I'm only just sitting down properly 50 years on.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

http://misterinobody.weebly.com/

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • June 20, 2009. Still no justice for Neda
« Reply #39682 on: May 27, 2015, 02:10:40 am »
Watching Disney's Robin Hood cartoon t'other day w/ the ankle biters.

John's minions enter the hovel to collect the taxes.  Come out the door with a found farthing.

Taxpayer cries out "Oh please, don't take our farthing!  We've saved years to get that."

Can't be too many people left'd get that joke.
Kill the humourless

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #39683 on: May 27, 2015, 07:25:38 am »
Back end of 1965 I took the future lady wife out on our second date to the local Club (Church club) for a quiet drink. It was towards the end of the month and back then as a civil servant I was paid monthly.
I had about 3 bob (shillings for the metric generation!) left in me pocket. I had ust bought us our drinks (me a pint and her an orange juice) and sat down when 10 minutes later in walks me mate Tony and his future missus. Straight away he shouts us another round of course - embarrassment is looming large.

So I leaned towards Josephine and whispered "Got any money with you?" She slipped me a 10bob note under the table - she was earning more than me back then - and as a result, face was saved!! I stood me round and a pleasant couple of hours was spent.

The footnote to that is Josephine still insists that I never paid her back. I remember it a bit differently o'course!!
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Pheeny

• Captain Pheeny of Maastricht
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Go and wake your kids up!"
  • Super Title: The King of Belgium
« Reply #39684 on: May 27, 2015, 02:08:16 pm »
Ten bob was enough to feed us all for the rest of the week. But I'm only just sitting down properly 50 years on.
At our house it was an honour when me Ma choice you to go the shops for her.

First time she sent me off I run with a ten bob note in one hand and the list in the other,get to the shops and all I got is the list,took me two hours of searching before I dared go home...

Offline jambutty

• The Gok Wan of RAWK. Tripespotting Advocate. Oakley style guru. Hardman St. arl arse, "Ridiculously cool" -Atko- Impending U.S. Civil War Ostrich. Too old to suffer wankers and WUMs on here.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39685 on: May 27, 2015, 07:36:39 pm »
One of the most underappreciated RnR bands.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VSaahA1Jvqk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VSaahA1Jvqk</a>
Kill the humourless

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
  • Only got 3 bullets and there's 4 of Motley Crew
« Reply #39686 on: May 27, 2015, 08:46:50 pm »
Fuckinell whoever is landed with modding that transfer forum is in for a long hard summer
We'll See Things They'll Never See

Offline ElmAnfield

• Main Stander
« Reply #39687 on: May 27, 2015, 09:10:14 pm »
I know a few of you guys on here will appreciate this , just got home from work, ongoing austerity protest going on in liverpool city centre not the biggest group but between them and I think a splinter group of love activists it's a lively affair with van loads of plod chasing all over, bit like united semi final in early eightees!!

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39688 on: May 27, 2015, 10:27:14 pm »
Fuckinell whoever is landed with modding that transfer forum is in for a long hard summer
So glad I'm not involved these days. ;)

Offline Harinder

• RAWK Star. Top Kharbooja. Heat-Sikhing Missile Launcher. Purveyor of burning bushes, interpreter of dreams, provider of Egyptian travel before the age of 30, and saviour of RAWK. Also he has a beard.
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39689 on: May 27, 2015, 10:46:40 pm »
So glad I'm not involved these days. ;)

I may just do to you what you did to me last Summer  :)
Just clicked on the main board and my virus scanner came back with this

"When we visited this site, we found it exhibited one or more risky behaviors."

:lmao

Strip his knighthood https://submissions.epetitions.direct.gov.uk/petitions/47770

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39690 on: May 27, 2015, 11:02:14 pm »
I need you help with regards to surround sound ;)

Offline The Flying Pig

• Bill. Not improving with age.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Truth? Yes. Justice? Not yet. JFT96.
« Reply #39691 on: May 27, 2015, 11:19:58 pm »
One of the most underappreciated RnR bands.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/VSaahA1Jvqk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/VSaahA1Jvqk</a>

Dave Edmunds if I remember correctly?
Suddenly I turned around and she was standin' there
With silver bracelets on her wrists and flowers in her hair
She walked up to me so gracefully and took my crown of thorns
"Come in", She said, "I'll give you shelter from the storm."

I might be in!

Offline Maggie May

• A true Grandmother of Sirs. The Next Vera Lynne. The Pigeon Queen. Lobster Botherer Knockout Champ. RAWK's favourite gog. Belshie Gets Hard For Her. Call that a knife??
  • Legacy Fan
  • Nemo me impune lacessit. Semper Fi
« Reply #39692 on: May 28, 2015, 09:54:49 am »

Well it won't be me as I have been considered unworthy.  But it has made me realise that I have reached my natural level when discussing sherbert dabs, allotments and the correct curing process to produce crispy rind on bacon, and not to get ideas above my station. 
Rather a day as a lion than a lifetime as a sheep.

I can only be nice to one person a day.  Today is not your day.  Tomorrow doesn't look too good either.
I tried being reasonable.  I didn't like it.  Old enough to know better.  Young enough not to give a fuck.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Trolley Dolly with a 54 2/3 inch waist - last seen shopping on Scottie Road for speedos. Is just a bit.....you know.....
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39693 on: May 28, 2015, 04:13:04 pm »
I remember what you did last summer...

I'm sure I've heard that before, horror show wasn't it.

Sorry to laugh, lad. But if you get landed with that, oh dear. You'll have to give up Seikhism. It'll drive you baldy. Joking aside, I don't know how you do it. I'd have to ban meself.

Anyway, bit fed up, just popped in to see what's going on, so I'm glad I got that laugh. No wonder you threw the towel in Pheeny. But I might go in and wind a few up... Starling's flew the coop and Brendan's bringing his sister Clodeigh in, as director of football.

Nah, I'll just listen to Elvis doing Girl's Talk... great Dave Edmunds song.
And sorry Harrinder mate, but I might just pop in there next...
H&G are suing John Henry and there won't be a carrot to spend, that should do it.
"A peasant you are. A peasant you will remain. And we shall use all our wealth and power, to make your lot even worse and keep you exactly where you are, Bondage!"    The Boy King, Richard II, after  putting down the The Peasants Revolt in 1381.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39694 on: May 28, 2015, 04:16:13 pm »
I didn't throw in any old towel,it was one of them beach size ones... ;)

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39695 on: May 28, 2015, 07:09:09 pm »
Get a grip Leo, girls talk was an Elvis song covered by Dave Edmunds.

I've got an Elvis album somewhere, stiff auditions, is with rock pile, Nick Lowe & Edmunds, before the Attractions, some boss stuff some country/ R&b standards and some of his own stuff, early versions of some of his classics. Will have to find

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39696 on: May 28, 2015, 09:45:47 pm »
I stand corrected. I always thought that was the other way round. I've got a trunk full of old vinyl and CD's in a mates in the states. About once a week for the last ten years, I swear I'm going to get it sent over. There's some great stuff in there, loads of Elvis gear, bootlegs, rare recordings, demos so on, and the early Stiff stuff. I really should get it.

Nowadays, I just play stuff I've downloaded. Sound qualities crap, but it's cheap. My sister's lad is getting into the vinyl now. He's 16, and it's the trendy thing to do. I've got a few LPs for him, old gear that was in me Ma's and never got threw out. But I went into a few shops, thinking I'd buy him a few albums, put him onto stuff he won't have heard. F'that... Never Mind The Bollocks was 20 nicker and there was about 10 of them. 30/40 nicker for shite LP's if they only had one copy. They had Rumours marked up at 30 quid, probably had about 20 copies in the back.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39697 on: May 28, 2015, 11:03:53 pm »
Should come over here Leo,loads of jumble sales and Book markets where you can find loads of vinyl and most here don't realize the value.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
  • I... think I am, therefore...I....maybe.
« Reply #39698 on: May 28, 2015, 11:08:49 pm »
I love listening to the old vinyl stuff meself, but if you're downloading stuff and you get it in a flac file as opposed to an mp3 the quality is much better. Obviously the file size is massive, but I still don't think you can replicate the sound quality of vinyl.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39699 on: May 29, 2015, 12:36:09 am »
I got this one:

Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39700 on: May 29, 2015, 09:17:08 am »
Should come over here Leo,loads of jumble sales and Book markets where you can find loads of vinyl and most here don't realize the value.
I was in Belgium about a year ago. I should have let you know, mate. I was only there for a few hours. I can't think of the name of the gaff. 6 of us, mates and wives, got a coach from Bournemouth, baccie run, but it was lovely, like one of them pictures on the Biccy Tins. Great day out.

Stuck indoors today, nothing to do out there and crap weather. I'll probably go for a walk later. Nice little woods and fields just over the road, bit of greenery, surrounded by dead busy roads and houses. Anyway, just looked through a few of them albums, I picked up. I've got more over at the house, but there's one I haven't heard. I'll have to get me sisters lad to upload it. He's a whizz at all that. I bet someones heard it though, John, tell us if it's any good...
Wotabunch

Kilburn and The High Roads.

It's Ian Dury and most of the Blockheads before they cracked it. I got it for a nicker.

Pheeny mate, you want to start grabbing them cheap albums. You'd make a few quid bringing them over here, or ebaying them.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39701 on: May 29, 2015, 01:15:46 pm »
I was in Belgium about a year ago. I should have let you know, mate. I was only there for a few hours. I can't think of the name of the gaff. 6 of us, mates and wives, got a coach from Bournemouth, baccie run, but it was lovely, like one of them pictures on the Biccy Tins. Great day out.

Pheeny mate, you want to start grabbing them cheap albums. You'd make a few quid bringing them over here, or ebaying them.
Baccy run is normally in or around Oostende. A few years ago Vic would have been closer than I am. ;)

With regards to the LPs I do often buy them but more to keep than sell.

Offline vicgill

• "do the simple things but do them well"
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Football is the simplest game in the world son,
« Reply #39702 on: May 29, 2015, 05:08:52 pm »
Baccy run is normally in or around Oostende. A few years ago Vic would have been closer than I am. ;)

Tobacco Road is what we English called it, The Village was called Adinkirke and was on the side of the canal just on the outskirts of "De Panne" there were over 40 Cigarette shops, two of the most famous were called "Coronation Street" and "East Enders" My bar had Coronation Street on one side of my Bar and "The Royal"on the other and there were just 2 bars, mine and another bloke further down the road. We used to close on Sundays, no English come on Sunday, so we would go to "OOstende" sometimes and have a nice day out. OOstende is about a half hour drive from Adinkirke.

You get yourself out there Leo, those road markets are bloody good
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:10:25 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39703 on: May 29, 2015, 05:21:17 pm »

Tobacco Road is what we English called it, The Village was called Adinkirke and was on the side of the canal just on the outskirts of "De Panne" there were over 40 Cigarette shops, two of the most famous were called "Coronation Street" and "East Enders" My bar had Coronation Street on one side of my Bar and "The Royal"on the other and there were just 2 bars, mine and another bloke further down the road. We used to close on Sundays, no English come on Sunday, so we would go to "OOstende" sometimes and have a nice day out. OOstende is about a half hour drive from Adinkirke.

That's my bar "Cafe de Hoorn"

Double left click on the photo for a bigger picture
« Last Edit: May 29, 2015, 05:24:48 pm by vicgill »
"Football is a simple game based on the giving and taking of passes, of controlling the ball and making yourself available to receive a pass, it is really that simple"

"Friend, mourn not, though he premature departs, his wisdom marches on within our hearts"

RIP Ray Osbourne, comrade, epic swindler, and Internet Terrorist Extraordinaire.

Offline vicgill

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39704 on: May 29, 2015, 08:20:24 pm »
Just been out to do a bit of shopping and I bumped into one of my boys, (Cadette 14 to 16 age group) I have seen him around the town now and again we would have a chat and a hug, he is now married and is the father to 3 girls, he told me he has become a father again but this time it`s the boy he has been longing for and he has called him Victor after me, nearly cried then and the water is starting to trickle again, some things are worth more than money.

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Veo, to his mates. Shares 50% of his DNA with a banana. Would dearly love to strangle Frankengoose. Lo! Be he not ye Messiah, verily be he a child of questionable conduct in the eyes of Ye Holy Border Guards.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39705 on: May 29, 2015, 08:26:36 pm »
Says a lot that Vic.
NAKED BOOBERY

Rile-Me costed L. Nee-Naw "The Child" Torrence the first jack the hat-trick since Eon Rush vs Accursed Toffos, many moons passed. Nee-Naw he could have done a concreted his palace in the pantyhose off the LibPole Gods...was not was for the invented intervention of Rile-Me whistler.

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39706 on: May 29, 2015, 09:40:31 pm »
Great that Vic.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39707 on: May 29, 2015, 09:57:41 pm »
Just been out to do a bit of shopping and I bumped into one of my boys, (Cadette 14 to 16 age group) I have seen him around the town now and again we would have a chat and a hug, he is now married and is the father to 3 girls, he told me he has become a father again but this time it`s the boy he has been longing for and he has called him Victor after me, nearly cried then and the water is starting to trickle again, some things are worth more than money.

That's what youth footy does for ya. :wave

Tell him to start a girl's team, Vic.

The game is twice as beautiful when you remove  testosterone.

Kill the humourless

Offline The Gulleysucker

• RAWK's very own spinached up Popeye. Transfer Board Veteran 5 Stars.
  • RAWK Remembers
  • Legacy Fan
  • An Indolent Sybarite
« Reply #39708 on: May 29, 2015, 11:29:51 pm »

That's brilliant.

Be comforted in the fact that you must have had a really profound and positive influence on such a lot of people Vic, it's such a lot more than most of us can ever dream of ever doing in our lives.

I don't do polite so fuck yoursalf with your stupid accusations...

Right you fuckwit I will show you why you are talking out of your fat arse...

Mutton Geoff (Obviously a real nice guy)

Offline JohnnoWhite

• Deliverer of the -Q- de grace.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Thought I was wrong once - but I was mistaken.
« Reply #39709 on: May 30, 2015, 07:55:00 am »
Just been out to do a bit of shopping and I bumped into one of my boys, (Cadette 14 to 16 age group) .................

but this time it`s the boy he has been longing for and he has called him Victor after me, nearly cried then and the water is starting to trickle again, some things are worth more than money.

You're dead right to identify him as "one of your boys". You focussed him on his life path in those difficult teen years - and he listened and he learned good things - and not all of them about just football.

You impacted and changed his life Vic mate - and he can pay you no greater compliment than to publicly acknowledge that in this way. Lovely, lovely moment to treasure mate.
There is nothing wrong with striving to win, so long as you don't set the prize above the game. There can be no dishonour in defeat nor any conceit in victory. What matters above all is that the team plays in the right spirit, with skill, courage, fair play,no favour and the result accepted without bitterness. Sir Matt Busby CBE KCSG 1909-1994

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39710 on: May 30, 2015, 09:37:49 am »
You're dead right to identify him as "one of your boys". You focussed him on his life path in those difficult teen years - and he listened and he learned good things - and not all of them about just football.

You impacted and changed his life Vic mate - and he can pay you no greater compliment than to publicly acknowledge that in this way. Lovely, lovely moment to treasure mate.
Evidently.
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline Dr. Beaker

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39711 on: May 30, 2015, 09:57:55 am »
This is what you need for your vinyl, chaps - an ebay special, and worth every penny:-
NAKED BOOBERY

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39712 on: May 30, 2015, 02:16:12 pm »
I got this one:

I went to the gig, 1977 at the Empire. Elvis, Nick Lowe, Wreckless Eric but Ian Dury stole the show.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39713 on: May 30, 2015, 02:21:10 pm »
That Cup final things got me going, should be in the ale house in Watford now... bastard,

Gonna fuck off to town, watch the match & The Undertones are on the Academy after. Is right. Don't stay up too late.

Offline jambutty

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39714 on: May 30, 2015, 04:45:32 pm »

I went to the gig, 1977 at the Empire. Elvis, Nick Lowe, Wreckless Eric but Ian Dury stole the show.
My whole crew were here in NYC with tickets booked for his show when his visa was revoked.

Then 2 years ago I'm in a Honduras resort and I see SexandDrugsandRockandRoll, in Spanish.  What a fucking talent. What a story. What a life.

He'd be the biggest thing on the planet had he lived.

Were you lot spitting at the artistes?
Kill the humourless

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39715 on: May 30, 2015, 08:14:20 pm »
Lovely story that Vic. Nothing to match that, but me and a mate used to coach an under 12 team in the States. I loved it, great laugh. Me mate was quite a handy player. He was on Torquay's books when he was a kid, and would have went further but smashed his ankle really badly and was never the same. But anyway, years later, them kids never forgot us. Seen a few of them round town, young men by then, grown up, kids of their own some of them. They'd all stop and chat, mostly Latin kids, but they were all dead nice, polite, respectful... "Hi Coach." It used to make me laugh, but it was oh well you know.... nice to be nice.

Just watched the Cup Final. Sorry John, it wouldn't have got me going. Done me head in... plassie flags, football family, Lineacre and Wills, pissed me right off. I turned it off, listened to music till the game started. And that would have got me going the alehouse if I could drink. I just can't listen to them commentators, pundits, pricks. And if we end up with that Benteke and Walcott, I think that will be about it for me. I'll probably always go the odd match here and there just to see aul mates. But modern day footy... 4 days of shock horror on the telly, STOP THE PRESS, SEPTIC BLADDER'S A ROBBER!

Right now, behind closed doors and our backs the NHS is being sold... not a word. I best shut up. I feel a rant coming on.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39716 on: May 30, 2015, 08:30:05 pm »
Never in me life did I spit on anyone, and if someone would have spat on me, back in the 80's... oh, no. That wouldn't have went down at all well. Saw Dury a few times though, but best one.... been working in London, driving back to Liverpool, the daft mate driving, got lost. Had an excuse though, roads choka, traffic was horrendous, London half closed down for Charles and Di getting married. Could we fuck get out of London. Driving along, road suddenly full of trendy looking people, something obviously on, starts following them, huge banner across the street.... "FUNK THE WEDDING"

Ian Dury put a free concert on in Crystal Palace bowl to escape all that royal shite. Don't know how the fuck we ended up out there, but brilliant day. Then he was on in Hammersmith that night, never did get home that weekend.

Offline john_mac

• The Scouse Confucius
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39717 on: May 31, 2015, 08:37:20 am »
Just watched the Cup Final. Sorry John, it wouldn't have got me going. Done me head in... plassie flags, football family, Lineacre and Wills, pissed me right off. I turned it off, listened to music till the game started. And that would have got me going the alehouse if I could drink. I just can't listen to them commentators, pundits, pricks. And if we end up with that Benteke and Walcott, I think that will be about it for me. I'll probably always go the odd match here and there just to see aul mates. But modern day footy...

Leo that's the thing, you don't need to be arsed about the game in this city to get yer goin, fuck it. Went to town, Diggsy was on in The Empire, footy in the background not a c*nt watching it, no sound, just a boss afternoon. Bit of a toddle, Ma Edgey's, The Unndertones, Rose & Crown, The Vernon, ya know the script, nailed on.

I don't give a fuck who we sign, will still be there, its never been about the footy, even when it was great, when we were the best in the world, it was always about the day, about yer mates and about having a ball. That'll never go, for me anyway. The day Im arsed about Arsenal and Villa will be the first, Lawrenson and Neville? Who gives a fuck? Blatter? He's not on his own, half the world's behind him. Benteke? He'd be sound in a red shirt.

I couldn't give a fuck about any of it really, i just know that I'll hsve a ball regardless.

Offline Fat Scouser

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #39718 on: May 31, 2015, 11:29:16 am »
John you're a party on your todd, mate. Make a party in a one man tent, you. But let me have a moan will yer. I'm chocka. But sounds a great day that. You'll be needing a curer now won't yer. I'll be up shortly. I've said nothin, but I'm bang at it mate. I'll be in touch soon as. I just hope you're not away on yer travels when I come up. When you off to Australia?

Offline Pheeny

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #39719 on: May 31, 2015, 11:52:16 am »
I'll have to have a pint with you next time I'm in Liverpool as well John,the last couple of years my lad has seen you more than I have...