The Liverpool FC Forum > Liverpool Life

Anyone see this mystery woman today?

(1/9) > >>

hooded claw:
Mystery woman hands out fivers to shoppers Oct 4 2005
Liverpool Echo

A MYSTERY benefactor has been spotted handing out fivers to shoppers at Liverpool's Lime Street station.

The woman, described as in her 70s and holding a Harrods carrier bag, was seen handing out the notes to people at around 2pm yesterday.

Witnesses said she had also been there on Sunday afternoon.

Emily Curtis, 18, a marketing worker based at a stand just inside the station, watched in amazement when the woman started handing out the cash.

Emily said: "The woman walked out of the station and handed £5 notes to a group of teenage lads. "They couldn't believe what was happening and were asking her why, but she walked off towards Ranelagh Street."

Another woman who was given £5 said: "I saw her give the money to the lads. It caused quite a commotion because they were laughing and looking for a secret camera or something.

"Then she walked up to me and reached into her Harrods bag and gave me £5.

"I was quite startled and felt a bit paranoid - when something like that happens you assume it is being filmed for TV."

A spokesman for Merseyrail Electrics, which runs Central Station, said: "We can confirm that there were no TV crews in the station this weekend or yesterday. We are not aware of any publicity stunt which this woman may been involved with."

GabyAlonso:
Gutted, i'm skint.

[delete]:
I know where I'm off tomoro at two.

Barney_Rubble:

She's very brave to go around with a carrier bag full of fivers. :o

Or she needs help... :-\

LFC on tour:
Im off down 2 lime street 2morrow then, afternoon of aswell

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page