Author Topic: Welcome Adrian  (Read 151729 times)

Offline Eeyore

• "I have no problem whatsoever stating that FSG have done a good job.".Mo Money, Mo Problems to invent. Number 1 is Carragher. Number 2 is Carragher. Number 3 is Carragher. Number 4 is Carragher. Likes to play God in his spare time.
  • Campaigns
  • Legacy Fan
  • JFT 97
Re: Welcome Adrian
« Reply #1720 on: October 13, 2020, 05:38:24 pm »
Perhaps the answer is simply to adapt our style of play for a few weeks to offer more protection to the keeper until Alisson is back from injury. Don't see much point in spending money on someone worse like Butland, or someone like Ben Foster who has far as I'm aware has never played as a sweeper keeper either.

It isn't that simple though.

Teams now allow us to dominate possession and drop off. In the last derby Everton the home team had 30% of possession. Even in the Villa debacle we had 70% possession. For us to be effective we need to stay compact. If we don't then teams will just rip through us in the transitions.

"Ohhh-kayyy"

Offline JRed

• After a 2L bottle of strongbow I’d do anything!
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #1721 on: October 16, 2020, 09:54:48 pm »
So we’re stuck with Adrian now. What happens if he costs us the derby tomorrow with yet another horror show? It could totally derail our season.

Offline duvva 💅

• lippa RAWK Diivva, broke Kenny's sky
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • LFC Quiz Rivals Most Hated
« Reply #1722 on: October 16, 2020, 09:59:54 pm »
"If you don't limit yourself with bad thoughts, you can fly" - Jurgen Klopp

Offline RedBlakey

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
« Reply #1723 on: October 16, 2020, 10:01:55 pm »
So we’re stuck with Adrian now. What happens if he costs us the derby tomorrow with yet another horror show? It could totally derail our season.

Or.......... what if he has an absolute blinder, builds his confidence and is a solid replacement until Allison is back?
Never seen him playing I think. But looks like a good player.

Offline Amatt

• Amoo, Amass.....
  • Anny Roader
« Reply #1724 on: October 16, 2020, 10:38:26 pm »
He just needs safety first tomorrow. If the ball comes to him, just get your foot through and clear it. None of what we saw against Villa for the first goal. If we can avoid putting him under unnecessary pressure that would be ideal. Although he was under no pressure for the first Villa goal and still managed to fuck it up royally!

Offline rossipersempre

• On the lookuyt for a new winger since 2007 BC. Prodigal, Son.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1725 on: October 17, 2020, 12:05:04 am »
442oons' treatment, Adrian vs Pickford...

https://youtu.be/cHE3to1c1E8
« Last Edit: October 17, 2020, 12:06:35 am by rossipersempre »
My scouse, the often busted but seldom battered Mr Flabby Whore Alien. Who will not send in cottoned wool, bubbled rap, shiny sliver spaced blanket and sum beefy Bovril to keep it warm and safe and snag as bag in a rag? Oh Whore yours is a sweeter leftish peg

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1726 on: October 17, 2020, 07:43:35 am »
Or.......... what if he has an absolute blinder, builds his confidence and is a solid replacement until Allison is back?
I think we all know which is far more likely . Unfortunately.

Online jckliew

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1727 on: October 17, 2020, 07:59:22 am »
Adrian cannot be expected to play like Ali. He needs to be given proper protection.
My 12yr old son asked me: Is Blackburn a Racist name?

Offline JRed

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1728 on: October 17, 2020, 09:28:15 am »
If the whole team has to change their style of play to accommodate the back up keeper then we have the wrong back up keeper.

Offline Red Bird

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1729 on: October 17, 2020, 10:04:56 am »
I just feel that the entire team is [criminally] culpable when it lets in 7 goals to a team such as Villa. Yes, Adrian was poor for the first  one (and pretty much set the tone for the whole evening) but what was the rest of the team doing during the match? Just reacting to the events? Poor all round.

Offline Kopenhagen

• Ban hammer of Damocles poised to drop if Everton finish fourth.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Adrian - New Contract
« Reply #1730 on: June 14, 2021, 03:25:07 pm »

Liverpool goalkeeper Adrian has signed a new, extended contract with the club.

The Spanish stopper joined the Reds on a free transfer in August 2019 and has made 24 appearances in all competitions to date, lifting the Premier League, FIFA Club World Cup and UEFA Super Cup along the way.

Adrian’s spell at Anfield will continue after he put pen to paper on a new deal following the end of the 2020-21 season.

“I’m delighted, I’m very happy to stay in the club,” the No.13 told Liverpoolfc.com.

“Firstly, because it’s a reward from the club for the hard work that I’ve been doing since I signed two years ago. I really appreciate that confidence from the club, from the manager and from everyone involved in that situation.

“And secondly, and above all of that, it’s a pleasure to stay in Liverpool – it’s such a big club. But being as well a family club, it’s very special for any player to stay here. I am privileged.”

Last season, Adrian shared back-up duties to Alisson Becker with Caoimhin Kelleher, featuring on six occasions for Jürgen Klopp’s men and claiming three clean sheets.

The 34-year-old is now eager to play his part next term as Liverpool aim to build on a 10-game unbeaten Premier League run that secured third place and Champions League qualification in May.

“I try to help the team in every moment,” he said. “To try to enjoy and give my experience in every second, to the player who plays in that moment or when I play, to try to be together at the same time.

“As Jürgen said, I’m a team player – I try to support, to give that confidence to those players, to try to give that confidence in the dressing room, in the training ground every day. To push each other.

“Because when you are giving your best, the other one is giving their best for sure and you’re pushing each other. At the end, it’s good for the club, for the group, for the manager as well to take the right decision in the moment for the game.

“I’m happy to do that job and also to try to have my opportunity as well and give the best when I have the chance.”

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/436483-adrian-signs-liverpool-fc-contract-extension#

Thoughts?
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Re: Adrian - New Contract
« Reply #1731 on: June 14, 2021, 03:29:27 pm »
Like a new signing!

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1732 on: June 14, 2021, 03:30:13 pm »
Hasn't moaned despite knowing full well he's second choice and despite the slaughtering he gets from some fans. Played a solid backup to Alisson in the league in the title winning season and was the hero in the Super Cup.

Offline decosabute

• ...and so am I. Abu Dhabi correspondent
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1733 on: June 14, 2021, 03:32:12 pm »
Won't get into anything too personal, but I sincerely hope that he's seen as third choice, with Kelleher as the first replacement for Alisson. If Adrian is our second choice, I'd find it absolutely bizarre and disappointing - even Kamil Grabara is far better, having been one of the best goalkeepers in the Danish league the past couple of seasons. Adrian seems a nice lad and positive influence, but I've said it countless times that he's absolutely miles from the required level, even as a sub.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1734 on: June 14, 2021, 03:36:50 pm »
Rated far more by his manager and coach and team mates than some fans it seems  ;D

If Kelleher is going on loan, then he’ll get a fair few games too.

Offline Samie

• The next Pharaoh of Egypt. The Ev of drafting! Rumoured to be the 7th, we may need that old magic back! The Timekeeper, ask him what time the action starts.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1735 on: June 14, 2021, 03:37:04 pm »
We should've let him go but now he should be #3 keeper for us.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1736 on: June 14, 2021, 03:39:19 pm »
Rated far more by his manager and coach and team mates than some fans it seems  ;D

Seems to be well liked around the spot. Probably one for the dressing room, more than anything.

If Kelleher is going on loan, then he’ll get a fair few games too.

This happening? Haven't been following the rumour mill lately. Either way, can't see Adrian being #2 next season.
"There is no final victory, just as there is no final defeat. There is just the same battle to be fought over and over again."

Offline gray19lfc

• Would like a McFly hairstyle
  • Legacy Fan
  • At the end of a storm, there's a golden sky ★★★★★★
« Reply #1737 on: June 14, 2021, 03:39:49 pm »
As a #3 I’m OK with it. As a #2 less so. Started well enough for us but he’s been disaster in the latter part of his short career with us.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1738 on: June 14, 2021, 03:40:19 pm »
Hasn't moaned despite knowing full well he's second choice and despite the slaughtering he gets from some fans. Played a solid backup to Alisson in the league in the title winning season and was the hero in the Super Cup.

You talk about the slaughtering he gets from some fans - I'll never understand the lauding he gets from others. We mostly won games in spite of him, not at all because of him in the start of the 19-20 season. That includes his 'hero' performance in the Super Cup, where he gave away a needless pen. He was then atrocious in February/March of that season, where his mistakes directly contributed to us going out of both the FA Cup and more importantly the Champions League in short order.

Last season he was hopeless, leading to Kelleher leapfrogging him. Will never understand why so many think he's good enough when there's so much evidence that he's nowhere near.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1739 on: June 14, 2021, 03:41:02 pm »
As a #3 I’m OK with it. As a #2 less so. Started well enough for us but he’s been disaster in the latter part of his short career with us.

Don't think he'll be #2 after getting bombed out for Kelleher last season. It would make no sense at all.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1740 on: June 14, 2021, 03:46:15 pm »
Don't think he'll be #2 after getting bombed out for Kelleher last season. It would make no sense at all.

I generally like Klopp's loyalty to players, but it really wouldn't make sense if Adrian is seen as first replacement for Alisson. Would be asking for trouble. Can only imagine that Kelleher is staying.

Offline Jwils21

• Justwindy,innit,lowestspeed21 (knots)
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1741 on: June 14, 2021, 03:47:23 pm »
You talk about the slaughtering he gets from some fans - I'll never understand the lauding he gets from others. We mostly won games in spite of him, not at all because of him in the start of the 19-20 season. That includes his 'hero' performance in the Super Cup, where he gave away a needless pen. He was then atrocious in February/March of that season, where his mistakes directly contributed to us going out of both the FA Cup and more importantly the Champions League in short order.

Last season he was hopeless, leading to Kelleher leapfrogging him. Will never understand why so many think he's good enough when there's so much evidence that he's nowhere near.

Doesn't deserve to be lauded but James Pearce has just confirmed he's expected to be third choice behind Ali and Kelleher, despite having the option to go back to Spain where he would probably get more game time. I doubt he'll play more than 4/5 more games for us in the cups now.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1742 on: June 14, 2021, 03:48:59 pm »
I generally like Klopp's loyalty to players, but it really wouldn't make sense if Adrian is seen as first replacement for Alisson. Would be asking for trouble. Can only imagine that Kelleher is staying.

Well, it's a new contract and I suppose it's on far reduced terms, with an eye to helping others around Kirkby. I'd see it similarly to when we gave Kolo a new deal.

Offline Kopenhagen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1743 on: June 14, 2021, 03:49:57 pm »
Doesn't deserve to be lauded but James Pearce has just confirmed he's expected to be third choice behind Ali and Kelleher, despite having the option to go back to Spain where he would probably get more game time. I doubt he'll play more than 4/5 more games for us in the cups now.

Really doubt he'll play at all, unless there's an injury to Kelleher. No reason to go back to Spain as he's likely settled and is on the verge of retirement realistically.

Offline jackh

• Has a blog but doesn't like to talk about it. Slightly obsessed with the colour orange for some weird reason......
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
    • @hartejack
« Reply #1744 on: June 14, 2021, 03:50:36 pm »
Sensible business, I suppose.

• Alisson
  • Kelleher
  • Adrian

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1404449018323869696

James Pearce @JamesPearceLFC

Adrian had offers to return to Spain on a free but he’s opted to pen a new deal at #LFC. Understand commitment is for two more seasons. Klopp will be delighted as he’s a popular figure. Kelleher now No 2 to Alisson and will be given a new contract too.

3:41 PM · Jun 14, 2021

Offline Red Beret

• Yellow Beret. Wants to sit in the Lobster Pot. Fat-fingered. Key. Boa. Rd. Kille. R. tonunlick! Soggy Knickers King. Bed-Exiting / Grunting / Bending Down / Cum Face Champion 2023.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1745 on: June 14, 2021, 03:58:46 pm »
I guess after Klopp got slaughtered for not buying an extra CB last summer he's taking no chances on the GK front this season. ;D
I don't always visit Lobster Pot.  But when I do. I sit.

Popcorn's Art

Offline muszka

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1746 on: June 14, 2021, 03:58:56 pm »
I would honestly prefer Karius to be our 3rd keeper. At least he truly fucked up only 1 game and Adrian has a habit of doing it like every second game he plays.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1747 on: June 14, 2021, 04:01:10 pm »
As a 3rd choice I'm alright with it, wouldn't be the smartest decision to loan Kelleher out IMO, even though it'd be nice for him to see regular football. They have big trust in Kelleher though and must be happy with the progression he's made. Interesting to see how much time CK or Adrian get in goal next season, ideally Alisson will be available for every game but wouldn't bank on it after the last couple of years. He's only ever played Alisson once in the domestic cup games, so I wonder who'll be fancied in those if we're not playing someone like United which was the one he played Alisson in. Would like to think it'd be Kelleher given the fact he's more in need of the minutes than Adrian.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #1748 on: June 14, 2021, 04:06:37 pm »
I would honestly prefer Karius to be our 3rd keeper. At least he truly fucked up only 1 game and Adrian has a habit of doing it like every second game he plays.

I think what you're saying is true, but it was the right decision not to keep Karius round, even if he's still on the books. I couldn't bare imagining how nervous the ground would be if he ever played for us again, especially shortly after the Champions League final. I'd fear for him even if he made a fuck up in a game we're a few goals ahead in in the last minute, he'd be fucking slaughtered for it.
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline decosabute

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #1749 on: June 14, 2021, 04:10:34 pm »

Many find this idea mad for some reason, but I totally agree. Not that I'm dying to see Karius again either, but he's a better keeper than Adrian.

Offline rocco

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • ⭐️⭐️⭐️6 Times Baby ⭐️⭐️⭐️
« Reply #1750 on: June 14, 2021, 04:13:44 pm »
Wondering will we now loan kelleher out with a call back if needed , he needs regular games imo

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1751 on: June 14, 2021, 04:38:54 pm »
People need to get a grip if they would complain about him being 3rd choice

Offline B0151?

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1752 on: June 14, 2021, 04:39:47 pm »
Many find this idea mad for some reason, but I totally agree. Not that I'm dying to see Karius again either, but he's a better keeper than Adrian.
Not going to happen and Karius would be on a lot more than 3rd choice wages. Why on earth would he agree to that too

Offline Sheer Magnetism

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1753 on: June 14, 2021, 04:41:15 pm »
He screwed up several times, the last one (which wasn't even his fault) was just big enough to obscure the rest. As for this, absolutely fine with Adrian being third choice. I was really impressed with Kelleher this year and I hope he gets some proper game time in the cups next season.
« Last Edit: June 15, 2021, 10:26:13 am by Sheer Magnetism »

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1754 on: June 14, 2021, 04:55:41 pm »
As he is staying as #3, surely his extension is effectively like the Manninger signing a couple of years back - not likely to play but older experienced pro around the place.

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #1755 on: June 14, 2021, 04:55:43 pm »
Sensible business, I suppose.

• Alisson
  • Kelleher
  • Adrian

https://twitter.com/JamesPearceLFC/status/1404449018323869696

if Kelleher is staying, then yes, that’s good.

Shouts for Karius as 3, or even no one as some plonker said in the transfer thread are so childish.

We may not think having a ‘good teammate’ is important, but the manager and team do. And having a 3rd choice experienced goalie is something Klopp has always either had or wanted here.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
« Reply #1756 on: June 14, 2021, 04:55:50 pm »
For a 3rd choice 'keeper I'm pleased it is Adrian, happy to see him prolong his stay here..it's not just about what he does or doesn't do on the field yer know!
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline gazzalfc

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Well done boys, Good Process
« Reply #1757 on: June 14, 2021, 05:21:15 pm »
Cant see why there are any problems here.

He's great to have in the dressing room. Highly experienced to help with Kelleher's development and now on a contract that if he did eventually want to leave, we might get a bit of cash.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2021, 05:26:53 pm by gazzalfc »

Online Haggis36

• purveyor of better gifs than trendisnotdestiny
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #1758 on: June 14, 2021, 05:22:14 pm »
Was more of a second choice last year was he not? Was in the squad for 43 games out of 53 games, aside for a brief period midseason where Kelleher seemed to get the nod. Certainly finished the season as our back up keeper, but can't remember if Kelleher was injured.

Offline Paisley79

• Anny Roader
« Reply #1759 on: June 14, 2021, 05:27:12 pm »
Was more of a second choice last year was he not? Was in the squad for 43 games out of 53 games, aside for a brief period midseason where Kelleher seemed to get the nod. Certainly finished the season as our back up keeper, but can't remember if Kelleher was injured.

Yes. Kelleher was injured