Author Topic: Roy Hodgson tells Glen Johnson to get his act together  (Read 129078 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Roy Hodgson tells Glen Johnson to get his act together
« Reply #360 on: November 13, 2010, 07:34:43 am »
Don't leave us hanging. Might as well get it out now. It'll be easier for the mods to control then.

Roy to get a 10 year deal and £300M to spend.

Living the dream.

Probably.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Alonso_The_Assassin

• Legacy Fan
    • Just Words
« Reply #361 on: November 13, 2010, 07:34:50 am »
This isn't about a certain player's bedroom activities off the pitch by any chance?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• Doesn't like having pussy round the house
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #362 on: November 13, 2010, 07:35:45 am »
Aye, its been threatening to come out for weeks, but Ive heard its tommorrow.

Whats that all about then ?
Quote from: Dion Fanning

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline flying red

• Kopite
« Reply #363 on: November 13, 2010, 07:36:49 am »
First it's not the Liverpool way for the manager to slag off players to the press. That should be done behind closed doors.

Second, the trend is disturbing - Pacheco, Agger, Johnson. The players with above average footballing skills have taken the flak. Poulsen, who offers nothing, gets public support. Maybe the team of Carraghers is not too far off.

If you accept that a change of manager was necessary, what was needed was a class coach who could have taken the squad that was here and improved how they performed. What we've got is a revolution as big as when Souness arrived. Souness was given the benefit of the doubt because of his record as a player - Hodgson has got the journos backing him but he' making a f*cking hash of things just the same.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #364 on: November 13, 2010, 07:37:29 am »
Roy to get a 10 year deal and £300M to spend.

Living the dream.

Probably.

I would much rather that money goes to Macedonian Red so he can upgrade from his dodgy cable box to a full fledged scouting center. 

The chants for Kenny Dalglish that were heard again on Wednesday do not necessarily mean that the fans see him as the saviour. This is not Newcastle, longing for the return of Kevin Keegan. Simply, Dalglish represents everything Hodgson is not and, in fairness, everything Hodgson could or would not hope to be.

Offline Dan_YNWA

• Anny Roader
  • RAWK's resident Muslim
« Reply #365 on: November 13, 2010, 07:43:47 am »
By the end of the season, we won't have any first team players left a this rate!
We will cause the muppet will be gone soon hopefully.
The King is back!

YNWA

Offline Red_Isle_Chap

• Hairy Fool
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Blimey!
« Reply #366 on: November 13, 2010, 07:48:07 am »
I would much rather that money goes to Macedonian Red so he can upgrade from his dodgy cable box to a full fledged scouting center. 
:lmao
And when you find yourself along the untrodden path
Remember me with a smile, a drink, a gesture or a laugh
And a toast for the man who loves every hour of every day
And a feast for the friends and faces met along way
Gratitude

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #367 on: November 13, 2010, 07:48:14 am »
He just cant shut up can he? He starts off saying something then waffles on and on and on shut the fuck up Roy and concentrate on getting us 3 points against Stoke, Glen Johnson might have been shite this season, but you havent done any better as a manager either !!!!
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 08:03:32 am by Liverbird 2010 »
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Groundskeeper Willie

• Loves a good Meat Flute! Silent screaming fistpumper. Don't wake the kids! He's not the messiah, he's a very naughty chip! Mattis, den svenska pedanten! Pantless arse-barer not used to withdrawal.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Klappa händerna när du är riktigt glad.
« Reply #368 on: November 13, 2010, 07:49:48 am »
He just cant shut up can he? He starts off saying something then waffles on and on and on shut the fuck up Roy and concentrate on getting us 3 points against Wigan, Glen Johnson might have been shite this season, but you havent done any better as a manager either !!!!

So what´s that about a story in the papers tomorrow?
Love Ren & Stimpy

Offline Dick Emery

• Legacy Fan
  • You are awful but I like you
« Reply #369 on: November 13, 2010, 07:50:52 am »
Johnson does need to get his act together, this is obvious. Why Hodgson decides to announce this publicly is a mystery. I hope he's doing his job properly and telling Johnson the same message to his face and is not using the press to communicate to his players.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
  • The reds are coming up the hill boys
« Reply #370 on: November 13, 2010, 07:58:58 am »
I dont think there is many that would disagree with what RH is saying here. GJ has not been good enough. HOWEVER, you do not publicly critisize your own players time after time in the press! its embarrassing and the complete opposite to what a liverpool manager should do (or ay manager at that). If he has a problem with him, take him to one side behind closed doors and sort it out there! Its not fucking rocket science! Just ask yourself how you would feel if you were GJ and flicked on the tv or read the papers and saw your manager having a go at you??! Not a chance you would want to play for the guy then! How awkward would it be at training the next day?! Its just wrong, end of.

We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline Liverbird 2010

• but you can call me....likes to giggle a lot but only if it's about fellatio
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #371 on: November 13, 2010, 08:00:46 am »
I dont think there is many that would disagree with what RH is saying here. GJ has not been good enough. HOWEVER, you do not publicly critisize your own players time after time in the press! its embarrassing and the complete opposite to what a liverpool manager should do (or ay manager at that). If he has a problem with him, take him to one side behind closed doors and sort it out there! Its not fucking rocket science! Just ask yourself how you would feel if you were GJ and flicked on the tv or read the papers and saw your manager having a go at you??! Not a chance you would want to play for the guy then! How awkward would it be at training the next day?! Its just wrong, end of.

Arm around the shoulder, lads, breath of fresh air  :butt
FOOTBALL IS A LIE! RAFAEL BENITEZ :-)

Offline Twelfth Man

• Rhianna fan. my arse! Someone fill me in. Any takers? :) We are the fabulous CFC...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #372 on: November 13, 2010, 08:02:42 am »
He just cant shut up can he? He starts off saying something then waffles on and on and on shut the fuck up Roy and concentrate on getting us 3 points against Wigan, Glen Johnson might have been shite this season, but you havent done any better as a manager either !!!!
Well put!
The courts, the rich, the powerful or those in authority never lie. It has been dealt with 'by the courts' nothing to see here run along.

Offline ziggyy

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Wums should remain underground...
« Reply #373 on: November 13, 2010, 08:03:47 am »
Johnson does need to get his act together, this is obvious. Why Hodgson decides to announce this publicly is a mystery. I hope he's doing his job properly and telling Johnson the same message to his face and is not using the press to communicate to his players.

It's not a mystery.... It's Hodgson Hodgson... Liverpool's Special One...

Offline Slick_Beef

• RAWK's Master Baker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #374 on: November 13, 2010, 08:07:53 am »
Needed to be said, Johnson has been a liability of late. Hope he picks up his form.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #375 on: November 13, 2010, 08:10:09 am »
Yet again Roy jumps on a media hobby-horse. He doesn't give a fuck about LFC, all he cares about is his own reputation.
Everytime he opens his gob he is alienating someone, either players or fans.

He has obviously decided that GJ doesn't meet his expectations (whatever the fuck they might be) and yet again goes publc.
How much has he slashed off any potential transfer fee with this latest bout of  verbal shite?

Just fuck off Roy you nasty bitter old man.
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #376 on: November 13, 2010, 08:11:22 am »
Needed to be said, Johnson has been a liability of late. Hope he picks up his form.

Im sorry Roy but its no good coming on here to defend yourself....You are wrong! :lickin
We’ll still finish in top four - and they won’t. You can quote me on this in May.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #377 on: November 13, 2010, 08:14:21 am »
As if Roy is the first manager to do this  ::) I don't want him as Liverpool manager but do we have to have a thousand of the same rehashed drivel every time he does something? He obviously thinks Glen is a good player, and he wants him back to his best. He thinks he can do this by putting pressure on him, now next time Glen plays he knows everyone will be watching him specifically, he should be really fired up and raring to go.

Offline R.A.La

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #378 on: November 13, 2010, 08:16:00 am »
As if Roy is the first manager to do this  ::) I don't want him as Liverpool manager but do we have to have a thousand of the same rehashed drivel every time he does something? He obviously thinks Glen is a good player, and he wants him back to his best. He thinks he can do this by putting pressure on him, now next time Glen plays he knows everyone will be watching him specifically, he should be really fired up and raring to go.

And he couldn't tell him this at Melwood?
those people were scared off by the distress chatter and the organised internet terrorism campaign that was directed against people involved.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #379 on: November 13, 2010, 08:17:48 am »
And he couldn't tell him this at Melwood?

He could have, but he obviously feels putting the pressure on him in public is the better option. No need for everyone to wet their pants over it.

Offline Spectre

• One Day In the Life of Ivan Sphincterovich. Inmate 00013 of RAWK Gulag 25
  • Boys Pen
  • AngrY
« Reply #380 on: November 13, 2010, 08:18:02 am »
It's even permeated the pre-game thread now. I don't think there are many active threads on the main forum where Roy abuse is not currently ongoing.

It's not even new points anymore. It's just the same "tactics , 35 years" and shit like that*10001298192891 times in every fucking thread.
GENERAL LUCAS LEIVA , MIDFIELD REGIMENT.

Racism is the enemy of freedom, and deserves to be met head-on and stamped out
NO Race , NO Ethnicity , NO Religion. Only Human.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #381 on: November 13, 2010, 08:19:56 am »
He could have, but he obviously feels putting the pressure on him in public is the better option. No need for everyone to wet their pants over it.

Tell me how this can be the best option? madness.....  :butt

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #382 on: November 13, 2010, 08:20:53 am »
It's even permeated the pre-game thread now. I don't think there are many active threads on the main forum where Roy abuse is not currently ongoing.

It's not even new points anymore. It's just the same "tactics , 35 years" and shit like that*10001298192891 times in every fucking thread.

Yeah, sheep mentality really. Headfrying, only reason I'm still here are to read the balanced opinions of a dozen or so individuals.

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #383 on: November 13, 2010, 08:22:15 am »
Tell me how this can be the best option? madness.....  :butt

You obviously don't a clue about management. This is NOT something new, managers have been doing it for God knows how long, stop looking for any excuse to have a pop and start looking forward to Johnson stepping up and rising to the challenge.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #384 on: November 13, 2010, 08:22:16 am »
Yeah, sheep mentality really. Headfrying, only reason I'm still here are to read the balanced opinions of a dozen or so individuals.

So. People that have been going to the game and supporting the team and the club through thick and thin for 30, 40, 50, 60 years are all fucking sheep are they because they have their own views?

Right. Fair enough.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #385 on: November 13, 2010, 08:23:49 am »

so can I ask you what is not balance about a cpmment like this...

"I dont think there is many that would disagree with what RH is saying here. GJ has not been good enough. HOWEVER, you do not publicly critisize your own players time after time in the press! its embarrassing and the complete opposite to what a liverpool manager should do (or ay manager at that). If he has a problem with him, take him to one side behind closed doors and sort it out there! Its not fucking rocket science! Just ask yourself how you would feel if you were GJ and flicked on the tv or read the papers and saw your manager having a go at you??! Not a chance you would want to play for the guy then! How awkward would it be at training the next day?! Its just wrong, end of."

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #386 on: November 13, 2010, 08:23:53 am »
So. People that have been going to the game and supporting the team and the club through thick and thin for 30, 40, 50, 60 years are all fucking sheep are they because they have their own views?

Right. Fair enough.

Who mentioned anything about people going to games? I'm talking about the people that post the same crap in 20+ threads. No real opinion or substance to it.

Offline Always_A_Red

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #387 on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:38 am »

Paddypower are you going to the game today btw?

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #388 on: November 13, 2010, 08:25:38 am »
You obviously don't a clue about management. This is NOT something new, managers have been doing it for God knows how long, stop looking for any excuse to have a pop and start looking forward to Johnson stepping up and rising to the challenge.

You get an attacking RB renowned for his attacking play and then don't play his strengths at all and then criticize him for having the weaknesses he does.  Its a bit like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and then going to the media and telling the square peg off for being square and demanding it to become more curved.  It makes one person look square and that is the person who tried to fit the square peg in the round hole in the first place.

Offline Jagged Princess

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Liverpool are back
« Reply #389 on: November 13, 2010, 08:26:24 am »

Sorry to use your post as an example Paddy but is this acceptable when a player is out injured?

At the end of the day, Roy Hodgson is here to manage Liverpool Football Club and all that entails - i.e. upholding the traditions of the club, supporting it and the players whether he agrees with doing it or not.  Sometimes that's called spin but then again the only spin he knows is when it concerns himself.  :no
"... I can only add that the Liverpool fans know the story and the truth. And they know that it is easy to pass judgment if you have been in power for 24 years."  Rafa Benitez 18.09.10

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #390 on: November 13, 2010, 08:27:24 am »
Who mentioned anything about people going to games? I'm talking about the people that post the same crap in 20+ threads. No real opinion or substance to it.

So you honestly think that people that post on here don't go to the game?

O..K..

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #391 on: November 13, 2010, 08:28:27 am »
You get an attacking RB renowned for his attacking play and then don't play his strengths at all and then criticize him for having the weaknesses he does.  Its a bit like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole and then going to the media and telling the square peg off for being square and demanding it to become more curved.  It makes one person look square and that is the person who tried to fit the square peg in the round hole in the first place.

Management is about getting the best from your players. If Glen now goes out with 100% concentration and determination, and plays well with no lapses in defence, will Roy still get berated for using a technique that many other managers have used?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #392 on: November 13, 2010, 08:29:32 am »
So you honestly think that people that post on here don't go to the game?

O..K..

Dude, why the hell are you talking about match going? Not related to my point in the slightest mate lol

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #393 on: November 13, 2010, 08:29:42 am »
Management is about getting the best from your players. If Glen now goes out with 100% concentration and determination, and plays well with no lapses in defence, will Roy still get berated for using a technique that many other managers have used?

If Johnson (Who is injured) has the last of his self-esteem and confidence ripped out of him by this silly and frankly embarrasing public attack will you then be 'OK' for people to say that Hodgson was pretty fucking stupid to have come out with yet more rubbish in an embarrasing list of rubbish that he comes out with on a pretty much daily basis?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #394 on: November 13, 2010, 08:31:33 am »
Sorry to use your post as an example Paddy but is this acceptable when a player is out injured?

At the end of the day, Roy Hodgson is here to manage Liverpool Football Club and all that entails - i.e. upholding the traditions of the club, supporting it and the players whether he agrees with doing it or not.  Sometimes that's called spin but then again the only spin he knows is when it concerns himself.  :no

No problem, wouldn't post if I expected everyone to agree with me lol. The injury is a fair point and I will concede that the timing of this could have been better, but Roy must think that with him being out for a while, and being eager to get back, laying down a challenge will get the best out of him.

Offline jooneyisdagod

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #395 on: November 13, 2010, 08:31:54 am »

He's hardly going to get the best out of Johnson if his players keep lumping balls up front and defend on their 6 yard line though is he ?  And whats to say it'll inspire Johnson to perform better.  By being so confrontational isn't he running the risk of alienating another player ?  There are many potential downsides to it.  Seems even some of the sheep can see it. 

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #396 on: November 13, 2010, 08:32:37 am »
Dude, why the hell are you talking about match going? Not related to my point in the slightest mate lol

People on here. That go to the match. Aren't happy about what the manager has said in this particular instance.

I, for example, am not bothered about any other thread regarding what the manager has said at this point in time. I am, however, bothered about what the manager has said in this instance. I don't feel I am a sheep in being bothered about this. I'm not seeking approval or a 'group hug' over this. I want to state my personal views on this particular incident.

I think it's OK on a Liverpool forum for others concerned with this particular issue to comment on this.

I think they should be able to do it without someone labelling them 'sheep'.

Who is to say your view is any more valid than theirs?

It's a forum. It's here to discuss things regarding LFC. People have opinions, doubts, concerns and wish to express them? What's supposed to be wrong with this? Why should they be labelled as 'sheep' just because other people may agree with them on any particular issue?

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #397 on: November 13, 2010, 08:33:22 am »
If Johnson (Who is injured) has the last of his self-esteem and confidence ripped out of him by this silly and frankly embarrasing public attack will you then be 'OK' for people to say that Hodgson was pretty fucking stupid to have come out with yet more rubbish in an embarrasing list of rubbish that he comes out with on a pretty much daily basis?

Sorry but that's completely over the top, he hasn't come out and said he's a shit player. On the contrary, he has said he's a damn good player who just hasn't been at his best. He wants him to get back to his usual standard, just like everyone else on this forum. It is not an "attack" in any way shape of form.

Offline Buzz Killington

• Winner of RAWK's sexiest adolescent, as awarded by the Rt. Hon. CJ Parker
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #398 on: November 13, 2010, 08:35:26 am »
Shouldn't have been said in public, ridiculous.

Oh and apparently the story is Glen had an affair, but I doubt it's true cos it was mentioned a month ago so why would the media wait until now to expose it.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 08:37:38 am by Suso »

Offline paddysour

• likes balls
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #399 on: November 13, 2010, 08:36:30 am »
People on here. That go to the match. Aren't happy about what the manager has said in this particular instance.

I, for example, am not bothered about any other thread regarding what the manager has said at this point in time. I am, however, bothered about what the manager has said in this instance. I don't feel I am a sheep in being bothered about this. I'm not seeking approval or a 'group hug' over this. I want to state my personal views on this particular incident.

I think it's OK on a Liverpool forum for others concerned with this particular issue to comment on this.

I think they should be able to do it without someone labelling them 'sheep'.

Who is to say your view is any more valid than theirs?

It's a forum. It's here to discuss things regarding LFC. People have opinions, doubts, concerns and wish to express them? What's supposed to be wrong with this? Why should they be labelled as 'sheep' just because other people may agree with them on any particular issue?

You're getting the wrong end of the stick. I'm not saying people can't have opinions, nor am I saying every other opinion that differs from mine are wrong. The sheep comment was about people posting the EXACT same as the majority on here. Half the time you would actually believe it's a direct copy and paste job.