Author Topic: Twin Peaks  (Read 47483 times)

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
Re: Twin Peaks
« Reply #320 on: May 30, 2017, 11:13:17 pm »
Just watched the first double episode
Sat there with a smile on  my face pretty much all through it... Except for the bits that confused me ;D
Kinda wishing I'd rewatched the originals as I've  not seen em since the mid 90s..my most confusion came from trying to remember played who ???
+6 ticket exchange

Offline CrasherKid79

• Crashedandburnedkid2017
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #321 on: May 30, 2017, 11:35:46 pm »
Have they replaced Audrey? The original series was made by her for me

Offline abs-ibs

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #322 on: May 31, 2017, 01:17:09 am »
From what I know, no they haven't replaced Audrey. But at the moment she hasn't made an appearance as yet, but I saw posters of some of the characters before the release and she was on there.

I am hoping some of the really weird crap is gone now and the series can really develop into a more coherent TV show rather than overly weird Lynchian direction.

I really like David Lynch when his films and TV shows don't get too weird, because when they are good - damn they are GOOD.

I just hope we start to see more of Twin Peaks and the story behind the murders in the first episode soon so that we can really get to grips with the new series.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #323 on: May 31, 2017, 12:09:39 pm »
From what I know, no they haven't replaced Audrey. But at the moment she hasn't made an appearance as yet, but I saw posters of some of the characters before the release and she was on there.

I am hoping some of the really weird crap is gone now and the series can really develop into a more coherent TV show rather than overly weird Lynchian direction.

I really like David Lynch when his films and TV shows don't get too weird, because when they are good - damn they are GOOD.

I just hope we start to see more of Twin Peaks and the story behind the murders in the first episode soon so that we can really get to grips with the new series.

Thought Lynch might have unearthed another unknown gem like he did with her. he does like his stunning women.

Offline Cracking Left Foot

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #324 on: May 31, 2017, 04:48:32 pm »
Spoiler
I got the impression that Cooper's doppelganger created Dougie (don't ask me how) so that when Cooper returned from the Black Lodge he would replace Dougie rather than Evil Coop. That would be why he was desperately trying to stop himself from throwing up in the car, Dougie threw up that bile first so was then replaced by Cooper.

I think the one armed man said that one of them will now have to die..
[close]

Yes, I think this is what happened.
Spoiler
When Dougie ended up in the Black Lodge, just before his arm started to shrink, the One Armed Man said "Someone manufactured you. For a purpose, but I think now that's been fulfilled". Presumably, EvilCoop somehow 'made' Dougie so that when he was summoned back to the Black Lodge after 25 years, they'd take Dougie, not EvilCoop. Which, sort of, worked but obviously EvilCoop didn't count on blacking out when GoodCoop re-entered the world through an electricity socket.
[close]

I can't believe I actually typed that and it kind of made sense to me.

Offline WTF?

• Anny Roader
  • These go to 11
« Reply #325 on: May 31, 2017, 04:57:53 pm »
Only without shoes, cause that would have been mental!   ;)

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #326 on: May 31, 2017, 08:33:17 pm »
Watched 3 and 4 before. Decent again I thought.

Loved that little scene with Bobby crying at Laura's picture, thought it was done really well.

I think my biggest criticism at the moment would be the lack of actual Twin Peaks as in the town/the people. Itching to see what's been going on over the past 25 years, but I'm sure it's getting there.

Also, laughed my arse off at Lynch shouting "what the hell?"  ;D
Proud follower of the city's junior, and far more successful footballing side

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #327 on: June 1, 2017, 01:01:13 am »

Loved that little scene with Bobby crying at Laura's picture, thought it was done really well.

Laughed my balls off at that, to be honest. Lynch was obviously taking the piss out of the melodrama from the first two series.

I'm so reluctant to watch this as loved the original and think it could be bollocks.

Just go ahead. Lynch hasn't lost a step. It's a bit different, it's as mad as a box of frogs, but its what you'd expect. I've been thinking about scenes from it all week since I watched the 4th episode, and can't wait for it coming back, despite me not knowing what the fuck is going on half the time. It's doing something right.
« Last Edit: June 1, 2017, 01:03:51 am by Macphisto80 »

Offline FaitAccompli

• Kopite
« Reply #328 on: June 1, 2017, 08:59:08 pm »
Well I've bloody loved it so far..well almost all of it.

I think my biggest criticism at the moment would be the lack of actual Twin Peaks as in the town/the people. Itching to see what's been going on over the past 25 years, but I'm sure it's getting there.

I also think that's what's missing from it at the moment, there's not been enough of the soapy melodrama, but I'm sure there'll be plenty in the episodes to come as we haven't seen half of the town yet.

I could have done without Michael Cera's cameo...I know it's a Lynch homage to Brando in The Wild One (and that the character of James was an homage to James Dean) but it really didn't work for me. Possibly because I hate Michael Cera.

I'm also not keen on the cut to various bands at the end of an episode. As a one-off, properly integrated into the storyline, it would be fine but at the moment it just feels like they're being shoe-horned in.

Other than that though, brilliant, lots to mull over. I love that Catherine Coulson managed to film a few scenes before she passed on, but at the same time, I feel pretty heartbroken about how frail she looks  :'(

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #329 on: June 3, 2017, 12:16:26 pm »
Watched 3 and 4 last night
I'm loving it..proper madness
How good is Lynch as the deaf FBI man...can't stop smiling when he's on
+6 ticket exchange

Offline Sahara

• Kopite
  • 8 Dimensional
« Reply #330 on: June 5, 2017, 03:32:11 pm »
I watched Season 1 and half of Season 2 a few weeks ago so I could watch season 3, after hearing a lot about Twin Peaks over the years.

Even though I heard many references made to Twin Peaks it was not what I was expecting when I was midway into the pilot, probably because I had yet to watch anything by David Lynch. The background music used was disconcerting like I had a fever, but it's strangely alluring and even though I did not watch the show in the 90's but just only a couple of weeks ago and yet I have formed some sort of sentimentality for the Twin Peaks town and hope to see more of it season 3 to see all the similarities and changes.

★              ★              ★              ★              ★             ★ 

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #331 on: June 5, 2017, 10:35:19 pm »
Watched episode 5. I'm still confused  ;D

Nice seeing Shelly and Norma though! And what the fuck is going on with Jacoby?

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

19 League Titles, 6 European Cups, 3 UEFA Cups, 8 FA Cups, 10 League Cups, 4 European Super Cups, World Champions 2019. We live the dream.

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #332 on: June 6, 2017, 05:28:45 pm »
Watched episode 5 last night.

Came to the realization that a lot what made Twin Peaks great for me was the general melancholic, and sometimes romantic atmosphere coupled with the aesthetics; the relatively grainy film it was shot on, the aspect ratio, the colouring, lighting, the set work and original town shots. With all of that more or less gone, and the setting of Twin Peaks itself more or less gone, I find it difficult to appreciate. The subtlety of some of the scenes in Season 1 is not there any more.

Spoiler
Original Cooper being near catatonic really drags on and is quite annoying and not funny at all. I found the first New York box scenes really great, then it seemed to be over much too quickly. Andy is not really charming or funny any more, just annoying. Some of the uber surrealism scenes, like the one in the tiny room Cooper trying to leave I found nice and tense though. I guess Audrey is still to show up, but there's no great mystery being written so far. Oh well, not easy following up on 25 years of cult status ey.
[close]
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline S

• pineless. Get no pleasure from seeing the Reds win.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #333 on: June 7, 2017, 01:21:08 pm »
Watched episode 5 last night.

Came to the realization that a lot what made Twin Peaks great for me was the general melancholic, and sometimes romantic atmosphere coupled with the aesthetics; the relatively grainy film it was shot on, the aspect ratio, the colouring, lighting, the set work and original town shots. With all of that more or less gone, and the setting of Twin Peaks itself more or less gone, I find it difficult to appreciate. The subtlety of some of the scenes in Season 1 is not there any more.

Spoiler
Original Cooper being near catatonic really drags on and is quite annoying and not funny at all. I found the first New York box scenes really great, then it seemed to be over much too quickly. Andy is not really charming or funny any more, just annoying. Some of the uber surrealism scenes, like the one in the tiny room Cooper trying to leave I found nice and tense though. I guess Audrey is still to show up, but there's no great mystery being written so far. Oh well, not easy following up on 25 years of cult status ey.
[close]
I share a lot of the same thoughts.

Parts of this series have been very good, other parts have severely dragged on. I keep thinking I'm losing faith, and then there'll be an amazing scene.

I've found the parts with Cooper/Dougie to be the weakest by far. Incredible considering he basically made the original Twin Peaks what it was. I really hope his character doesn't carry on like this for too much longer. Andy seems to have had his idiosyncrasies cranked up too, which I find annoying.

Then there's the sublime scenes. I loved the guy whose job it was to look after the box in the first episode. In this latest one I really liked the boy with the drug addicted mother. The guy smoking at the Roadhouse. That hypnotic part with Shelly's daughter and her boyfriend. Memorable scenes that only Lynch can pull off.

It's definitely not very Twin Peaks-esque at the moment. For starters the place itself is rarely shown, and the soap-opera pastiche has been dialled down. I can live with this new direction though, as some of the other parts have been incredible. Just wish the Cooper storyline would reach some sort of breakthrough.

Offline Xxavi

• Qatari Minister Of Information
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #334 on: June 7, 2017, 07:38:19 pm »
I share a lot of the same thoughts.

Parts of this series have been very good, other parts have severely dragged on. I keep thinking I'm losing faith, and then there'll be an amazing scene.

I've found the parts with Cooper/Dougie to be the weakest by far. Incredible considering he basically made the original Twin Peaks what it was. I really hope his character doesn't carry on like this for too much longer. Andy seems to have had his idiosyncrasies cranked up too, which I find annoying.

Then there's the sublime scenes. I loved the guy whose job it was to look after the box in the first episode. In this latest one I really liked the boy with the drug addicted mother. The guy smoking at the Roadhouse. That hypnotic part with Shelly's daughter and her boyfriend. Memorable scenes that only Lynch can pull off.

It's definitely not very Twin Peaks-esque at the moment. For starters the place itself is rarely shown, and the soap-opera pastiche has been dialled down. I can live with this new direction though, as some of the other parts have been incredible. Just wish the Cooper storyline would reach some sort of breakthrough.
This. They have been dragging Dougie scenes for so long, it just is pointless so far.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #335 on: June 8, 2017, 09:19:52 pm »
I'm the opposite. I like the scenes with Cooper, but I get the feeling that Lynch is deliberately dragging out his state to frustrate the viewer, so that eventually when he snaps out of his funk, it'll be a big moment.

Can anyone explain to me exactly why he is the way he is anyway? I probably missed something given how bonkers this show is.

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #336 on: June 9, 2017, 11:04:20 am »
I have nothing to add except:

Helllliiiiiillllllllllaooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #337 on: June 11, 2017, 08:19:42 pm »
I'm the opposite. I like the scenes with Cooper, but I get the feeling that Lynch is deliberately dragging out his state to frustrate the viewer, so that eventually when he snaps out of his funk, it'll be a big moment.

Can anyone explain to me exactly why he is the way he is anyway? I probably missed something given how bonkers this show is.

You didn't miss anything and I don't think there will be any in depth explanation.

I guess it's just because he was in the Black Lodge for 25 years and it's messed with his mind. Might also be something to do with not coming back into his own body and into Dougie's instead.

Offline Brooklyn

• Kopite
« Reply #338 on: June 12, 2017, 08:41:32 pm »
I just love the fact that Dougie is blending into Americana even though he's literally a drone. Understandable why some would find the Coop stuff tedious at this point, but I went in with the expectation that it would be nothing like the original series. As such, I'm enjoying it quite a bit even if it's a bit inconsistent.

Loved seeing Chromatics, Sharon Van Etten and the like closing out the episodes.

Offline monkeyharris

• Best Monkey In Show
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #339 on: June 12, 2017, 11:24:55 pm »
Still thoroughly enjoying it through episode 6
Getting more and more confusing with every new character  ;D

Vice just published an interesting article with some potential explanations

https://www.vice.com/en_uk/article/women-are-still-the-backbone-of-twin-peaks
+6 ticket exchange

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #340 on: June 13, 2017, 03:56:38 am »
I loved episode 6. So many great scenes. The Dougie stuff is moving very slowly. I just hope he listens to the one armed man and doesn't die before we see Cooper come back. He's in his black suit with his case files and coffee. Can't be too far off.

The scene with the coin toss was great too, Red is so creepy. It's quite strange that Lynch is telling us who characters are through the credits rather than having any expository dialogue, the young guy in that scene is Richard Horne so presumably Audrey's son?

I was going to use spoilers but don't really see the point in this show. I don't think any of us know what's going on anyway.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #341 on: June 13, 2017, 11:02:16 am »
I loved episode 6. So many great scenes. The Dougie stuff is moving very slowly. I just hope he listens to the one armed man and doesn't die before we see Cooper come back. He's in his black suit with his case files and coffee. Can't be too far off.

The scene with the coin toss was great too, Red is so creepy. It's quite strange that Lynch is telling us who characters are through the credits rather than having any expository dialogue, the young guy in that scene is Richard Horne so presumably Audrey's son?

I was going to use spoilers but don't really see the point in this show. I don't think any of us know what's going on anyway.

From reading your first paragraph I can tell this is a Twin Peaks thread ha!

Haven't got Sky anymore so will have to binge watch once it's all done.

Edit: have noticed I can get Now TV for a month so time to dive into the weirdness .... might watch some Series 1 as well .... the Audrey episodes   ::)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 08:18:23 pm by CrasherKid79 »

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #342 on: June 13, 2017, 09:52:17 pm »
"Jade give two rides."

What's with the mini me Vin Diesel complete with his own groovy soundtrack?

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #343 on: June 13, 2017, 10:24:15 pm »
Awww glad the log lady got to act before her passing.

Right .... this is still mental.

Between this and American Gods I feel like I've been tripping balls most of the week !!  :o

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #344 on: June 14, 2017, 02:17:34 am »
As has been the case in more than one episode so far, this got really good once the Dougie stuff was out of the way. Agent Cooper needs to come back, like now. I'm enjoying nearly every other part of this series though.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #345 on: June 14, 2017, 12:53:16 pm »
Watched the first 2 and quite enjoying it .... I think.

Shame about the special effects though, really jarring having just watched American Gods. Looks like they've been done on the cheap.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #346 on: June 14, 2017, 01:00:33 pm »
Watched the first 2 and quite enjoying it .... I think.

Shame about the special effects though, really jarring having just watched American Gods. Looks like they've been done on the cheap.
I could be wrong but I think that's intentional. It seems like it wouldn't fit with the overall feeling of Twin Peaks to have super slick special effects.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #347 on: June 14, 2017, 01:08:22 pm »
I could be wrong but I think that's intentional. It seems like it wouldn't fit with the overall feeling of Twin Peaks to have super slick special effects.

I'm nit picking, I hold it to very high standards that's all  :D

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #348 on: June 14, 2017, 03:47:22 pm »
Indeed, some of the special effects, in this day and age, are just unimpressive at best.

Also, I am surprised to read that some people like Dougie stuff, and that they think he is hilarious. Really? It has been painful to sit through the Dougie stuff. We got what he was like about 3-4 episodes ago, we don't need to see more of that.

Offline DrTobiasFunke

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #349 on: June 14, 2017, 05:22:11 pm »
Some of the little details in the Dougie parts are nice. Like him being fascinated with the police badge and working on case files. Some great lines too - "Jade gives two rides"

But yeah, they do drag on a little and I'm not sure how much it'll add to the overall story. I'd prefer it if they moved that story along using Naiomi Watts character rather than Dougie until Cooper comes back to reality.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #350 on: June 14, 2017, 06:57:39 pm »
The only positive to the Dougie parts are that they're so boring by now that if/when the real Cooper comes back it's going to be a huge breath of fresh air.

Like I said though, rest of the show is great. That dwarf hitman is something only Lynch can think of.

Offline Beav

• Football is impatient. Loves Vader's Helmet.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #351 on: June 14, 2017, 07:03:29 pm »

Yeah, I think Lynch just likes that style for certain parts, but some of the effects have been pretty slick compared to old Peaks.

Ep 1-6 spoiler
Spoiler
Coop vanishing out of a chair in I think ep 2, and the demon coming out of the black box I thought were noticeably higher standard than say, the spirit of the young kid rising up, or the flames over the slot machines in the casino, which were more classic TV style.

My favourite effect so far was evil Coop looking into his mirror in prison, saying to BOB "still with me, thats good", and as he stares his face seems to morph into BOB's smile slightly, which I thought was a really subtle, and powerful effect, rather than just having the old actors face appear.
[close]

Im enjoying the new season well enough, but the structure of it being "an 18 hour movie" means the pacing is massively off. I think Alan Sepinwall talked about how this idea shouldnt be a thing because TV is its own beast and the structure needs to be different than a film otherwise you get weirdly paced stories. For example, the roadhouse scenes with a band at the end of nearly every episode, I think they are there solely because the episode needs to end and they cant have it just cut to black at whatever scene was on previously. Its just a bit off, some ep's worse than others, but sometimes it drags so badly in places (Dougie scenes, usually) that it feels almost like Lynch is pushing it just to see how far he can stretch out things and still have people watching it.

I think someone else said, certain scenes do stick in the mind which I think is always a sign that a show is doing something right, but for the most part its struggling to be as coherent and engaging as the old seasons. He seems to have moved away from it being a sort of soft parody of daytime soap operas, but a lot of that is what I really loved about the show. The very limited use of Badalamenti score is sometimes actively jarring, like I'm expecting the music to come and it never does. The one taste of the Laura Palmer theme was wonderful, and hit me right in the feels, I just wish there was more at times.

I know its Lynch, and doing the opposite of what you expect is pretty much his entire thing, but I am struggling getting into it as much as the older stuff, but I will stick with it because I imagine at some point it will click with me as his stuff usually always does.
Twitter:  http://twitter.com/__Beav

Ah. Another Manchester United fan crashes out from the woodwork like a bemused koala that has taken three hits of crystal meth.

Offline CrasherKid79

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #352 on: June 14, 2017, 07:09:46 pm »
The only positive to the Dougie parts are that they're so boring by now that if/when the real Cooper comes back it's going to be a huge breath of fresh air.

Like I said though, rest of the show is great. That dwarf hitman is something only Lynch can think of.

The song at the end of Episode 2 shows he's still got it.. hauntingly beautiful.

Accompanied by the "James is still Cool" line by now uber MILF Shelley made made the 2 hours of absolute confusion worthwhile.

Offline S

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Tonight, Tonight
« Reply #353 on: June 14, 2017, 08:40:20 pm »
The song at the end of Episode 2 shows he's still got it.. hauntingly beautiful.

Accompanied by the "James is still Cool" line by now uber MILF Shelley made made the 2 hours of absolute confusion worthwhile.
That whole scene at the Roadhouse was great. You're right when you say "hauntingly beautiful", that's the best way to describe it.

I think someone else said, certain scenes do stick in the mind which I think is always a sign that a show is doing something right, but for the most part its struggling to be as coherent and engaging as the old seasons. He seems to have moved away from it being a sort of soft parody of daytime soap operas, but a lot of that is what I really loved about the show. The very limited use of Badalamenti score is sometimes actively jarring, like I'm expecting the music to come and it never does. The one taste of the Laura Palmer theme was wonderful, and hit me right in the feels, I just wish there was more at times.
I'm missing the soap-opera feel too. Right now it has a Mulholland Drive type atmosphere, which is cool, but like yourself I always liked the scenes that seemed to parody daytime TV.

Offline disgraced cake

• Legacy Fan
  • Seis Veces
« Reply #354 on: June 15, 2017, 01:43:04 am »
Enjoyed episode 6, still really frustrated as I'm dying at this point to have seen more of actual Twin Peaks and anything at all of Cooper. That being said, I probably think this was my favourite episode of the first 6. Really looking forward to ep 7.

Also, I fucking love Naomi Watts

Rome 1977
London 1978
Paris 1981
Rome 1984
Istanbul 2005
Madrid 2019

Online telekon

• Keep Calm And Carry On Coughing......Urgently needs to know the German word for "woosh", cos clearly "ironie" escapes him :)
  • Legacy Fan
  • I'm in love with here and I feel fine
« Reply #355 on: June 15, 2017, 01:44:31 am »

Err, real Cooper is back though, right? The manufactured Dougie was disintegrated as he was transported to the Black Lodge, and real Cooper took the part of old Dougie albeit in a near catatonic state when he escaped the Black Lodge.

Or do you mean "back" as in his old self?
What has the universe got to do with it? You're here in Brooklyn! Brooklyn is not expanding!

Offline bryanod

• Probably in Boyzone with a name like that...
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • RPLP Champion 2012/2013 & 2013/2014 Double Winner
« Reply #356 on: June 15, 2017, 09:09:09 am »
Enjoyed episode 6, still really frustrated as I'm dying at this point to have seen more of actual Twin Peaks and anything at all of Cooper. That being said, I probably think this was my favourite episode of the first 6. Really looking forward to ep 7.

Also, I fucking love Naomi Watts

I'm bored shitless with it.
Men of lofty genius when they are doing the least work are most active

- Leonardo Da Vinci

Offline Titi Camara

• Hey, wanna hear the new dubstep song I wrote? Wub, Wub, Wub! Wubba Lubba Dub Dub! I'm Pickle Rick with hirsute areolae!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Number 21 of the Crazy 88
« Reply #357 on: June 15, 2017, 11:21:02 am »
I'm bored shitless with it the Cooper/Dougie nonsense.

Offline Xxavi

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #358 on: June 15, 2017, 03:48:00 pm »
^Agreed. At first, I was happy that Lynch managed to extend the season to 18 episodes (I think). He was even going to quit the show to get what he wants. Now that he got everything he wanted, I thought that it was very important to have those 18 episodes.

But now, I think Showtime may have been right. You could have cut 3 episodes out of the first 6 without losing anything of importance. Dougie himself wasted good 2 episodes.

Offline Macphisto80

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #359 on: June 15, 2017, 03:52:38 pm »
The way I see it, if we get 8-10 really good episodes, then that's a success. Much the same as a book or a music album. You'll get your shite chapters or songs, but if a handful are catchy, then it's memorable.