Author Topic: Damien Comolli  (Read 39619 times)

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
Re: Damien Comolli
« Reply #480 on: September 1, 2011, 05:40:11 pm »
Everybody hates Mulhiem
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline mulhiem

• Main Stander
« Reply #481 on: September 1, 2011, 05:49:10 pm »
Me too.  I've bought footballs, football shirts, cricket bats.  I even bought a Croquet set from a Boot Sale once.  However, my question wasn't 'how many sports transactions have you been involved in?'

How many deals in the level of Liverpool Football Club have you completed personally, from scouting to completing and finalising the deal?

I am not an agent. I left Uni.  I trained as a solicitor. The managing partner, who I was articled to, was a well known agent at the time based in St Helens.  He was a minor shareholder in Everton FC.  We worked on many deals involving both LFC and EFC.  Throughout the aforementioned time I was involved on a support basis of near enough every low level EFC transaction from mid 90's to early 2000's.  Players such as Thomas Myhre (I got him a Sondico deal when he joined in 1997 from Viking), Tony Grant etc and in his later career John Barnes.

Sorry to re-affirm the point.  Buying players is no more or no less difficult than buying a car.

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #482 on: September 1, 2011, 06:09:59 pm »
Mulhiem and Cormack Sr. Two of the stupidest people who have ever lived. What were the odds of them both being 'Liverpool fans'?

Online J-Mc-

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #483 on: September 1, 2011, 06:17:38 pm »
Ive been involved in many sports transactions. I worked for an established north west sports management agency throughout the late 90's and early 2000's before moving on to a city centre law firm doing the same thing, but at arms length.

@gobias industries, go fuck yourself. Clueless fuckwit?? Are you trying to offend me or something lol?

Go read up, its short so you can cope, 'Country of the Blind' by HG Wells.  Identify in it which character you are.

Here we go, Johnny big bollocks is in the house!

You're a fucking idiot, Henderson cost us £16m POSSIBLY rising to £20m, Adam wanted to come to Liverpool, same with Downing and same with Enrique who had the choice of us and Arsenal (Arsenal had placed a £10m bid for him if rumours are to be believed) but quickly changed their interest once he wanted to come here.

And for someone who has been so involved in negotiations to still be using text speak such as lol proves that you're a clueless, attention seeking moron.

Do us all a favour and fuck off the forum so we can go back to enjoying it.

Tit.

Offline TheRedBull

• 4x1=5
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #484 on: September 1, 2011, 06:19:09 pm »
Ive been involved in many sports transactions. I worked for an established north west sports management agency throughout the late 90's and early 2000's before moving on to a city centre law firm doing the same thing, but at arms length.

@gobias industries, go fuck yourself. Clueless fuckwit?? Are you trying to offend me or something lol?

Go read up, its short so you can cope, 'Country of the Blind' by HG Wells.  Identify in it which character you are.
I am interested to see what you think you could do. Can you show us your plan compares to Comolli?

Offline The 5th Benitle

• Mitch Fenner and Gerry Francis' biggest fan. Karaoke James - The Sausagefest Superhero. A soldier not a Capo di tutti capi. Clapham Stalker. RAWK X Factor Winner 2011. The poor man's Sarge!
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Read, then post...
« Reply #485 on: September 1, 2011, 06:21:01 pm »
The one thing that uncovers a WUM these days is the Henderson fee.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline jammy dodger

• going to make your vagina cry
  • Legacy Fan
  • pass and move.
« Reply #487 on: September 1, 2011, 06:29:16 pm »
It has been a while since i've seen an individual get so soundly mullered by some of the higher-ups on here (Baldrick, anyone?), but mate, you really brought it upon yourself. This is the first transfer window since that in which Fernando Torres arrived that anybody has actually had anything to smile about and you're the only one straining with all your might to lay a shit on the pleasantries. You may be correct in that some transfers are simple and smooth, but if you look at the amount of work that has gone into both bringing players in and out, I think it is really naive to overlook the role our management has played. Buying a player is one thing but shifting the deadwood that we have cannot be easy.

Buying a car is one thing. But buying 10 of the shiniest new cars at as low a rate as possible and offloading your dented 1985 Skoda collection is something entirely different. And actually, fuck it, buying a car is a colossal pain in the ass most times.
"Anything can happen. Danny Ings can happen" - Ellie Goulding

Offline Mizerooskie

• Kopite
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #488 on: September 1, 2011, 06:29:22 pm »
I am not an agent. I left Uni.  I trained as a solicitor. The managing partner, who I was articled to, was a well known agent at the time based in St Helens.  He was a minor shareholder in Everton FC.  We worked on many deals involving both LFC and EFC.  Throughout the aforementioned time I was involved on a support basis of near enough every low level EFC transaction from mid 90's to early 2000's.  Players such as Thomas Myhre (I got him a Sondico deal when he joined in 1997 from Viking), Tony Grant etc and in his later career John Barnes.

Sorry to re-affirm the point.  Buying players is no more or no less difficult than buying a car.
Yeah, football transactions haven't changed at all since the 90s.  Not an entirely different financial landscape in the least.

Online Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: September 1, 2011, 06:32:31 pm »
The one thing that uncovers a WUM these days is the Henderson fee.

Apparently cost the same as the Blackburn Beckenbauer, or Phil Jones as he is more commonly known. That was a great deal, or so I've been told, given what he's achieved in the game. The Henderson one was shit.
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline MassDriver

• Custom Tit... Shithouse lover... Politically correct and metrosexual cave dweller.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hasta la victoria siempre
« Reply #490 on: September 1, 2011, 06:35:44 pm »
I'll reserve judgment on our signings till the end of the season. We can proclaim our transfer policy to be a success when we make our target of qualifying for the CL.
You will never walk alone , Shanklyboy. RIP.

I am the Eye in the Sky, looking at you, I can read your mind. I am the maker of rules, dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind. Looking at you, I can read your mind

Offline TepidT2O

• Deffo NOT 9"! MUFC bedwetter. Grass. Folically-challenged, God-piece-wearing, monkey-rubber. Jizz aroma expert. Operating at the lower end of the distribution curve...has the hots for Alan. Bastard. Fearless in transfer windows with lack of convicti
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • Dejan Lovren fan club member #1
« Reply #491 on: September 1, 2011, 06:40:22 pm »
Perhaps we could all calm down?

If we can't say it without using abuse then it's not worth saying surely?

Perhaps the ignore function would be of use?  Certainly helped with that doplenz character.
“Happiness can be found in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light.”
“Generosity always pays off. Generosity in your effort, in your work, in your kindness, in the way you look after people and take care of people. In the long run, if you are generous with a heart, and with humanity, it always pays off.”
W

Offline MolbyLovesGravlax

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #492 on: September 1, 2011, 06:40:34 pm »
DC will now spend his free time convincing Victoria Secret models to take him out to dinner, pay for it, get a hotel suite, pay for it, then give him 8 hours of non stop sex and call a taxi for him in the morning.
"This is Anfield, this is what they do." Thomas Tuchel

@dgljones

hoonin

« Reply #493 on: September 1, 2011, 06:42:49 pm »
Oh dear.

Online Alan_X

• WUM. 'twatito' - The Cat Herding Firm But Fair Voice Of Reason (Except when he's got a plank up his arse). Gimme some skin, priest! Has a general dislike for Elijah Wood. Clearly cannot fill even a thong! RAWK Resident Muppet. Has a crush o
  • RAWK Staff
  • Legacy Fan
  • Come on you fucking red men!!!
  • Super Title: This is super!
« Reply #494 on: September 1, 2011, 06:43:13 pm »

Don't be cock mate. No-one on here knows who you are so get off your high horse. More of that abuse and you'll be off.
Sid Lowe (@sidlowe)
09/03/2011 08:04
Give a man a mask and he will tell the truth, Give a man a user name and he will act like a total twat.
Its all about winning shiny things.