Author Topic: Kyle's Wish To Walk  (Read 1357 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Kyle's Wish To Walk
« on: September 20, 2018, 10:41:03 pm »
Hi Mods and RAWKites.. Hope this is OK to put in here.

A very good friend I have - Rory has this campaign going and if you wouldn't mind taking a moment to check it out, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Andy

Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Re: Kyle's Wish To Walk
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2018, 10:45:07 pm »

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
  • The Greatest player to wear No.25 for Liverpool
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2018, 06:51:04 am »
Thanks Andy !

Lads I’m getting lots of local engagement in my community. As the likes build up its creating new momentum. I know you may not be local but your likes and shares helps sustain that momentum.

So whilst you may feel it can’t do too much, it can and I’m already seeing it.

I made a video on his Facebook page and in 3 days it’s had 12k views which is a bit mad for a tiny campaign.

Thanks lads and #SDR4Kyle we’ll get the little champ his operation but if you can look in it helps keep things fresh on social media 👍

https://m.facebook.com/SDR4Kyle/
« Last Edit: September 21, 2018, 06:53:13 am by Rory Fitzgerald »

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2018, 08:02:25 am »
Link to the Just Giving page mate?     :)

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2018, 08:49:44 am »
Link to the Just Giving page mate?     :)

Here you go - the charity managed to embed my video from Facebook into it which is great because alot of friends of our older family members dont have Facebook so cant see the video.

https://just4children.org/children-helped2018/kyles-wish-to-walk/

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #5 on: September 21, 2018, 09:38:23 am »
We are working with a UK registered charity which supports families in Ireland also.

They gave us a text number for our campaign but cant work in Ireland so not of great value but if people here want to use it, great. Again, you may not think the £5 is alot for this but the volume of people contributing even in low numbers is a driver of this and shows great engagement

Text RHIZ72 £5 to 7007015

However, its the likes and shares on FB that we'd love, the above is a bonus :)

Offline Barneylfc∗

• Cross-dressing man-bag wielding golfer. Wannabe Mod. Coprophiliac. Would like to buy an airline seat if he could. Known 'grass'. Wants to go home to He-Man
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #6 on: September 21, 2018, 11:01:21 am »
Liked and shared mate. I'll donate a couple of pound later.
Craig Burnley V West Ham - WEST HAM WIN - INCORRECT

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #7 on: September 21, 2018, 12:05:30 pm »
Thanks for the boost Barney 👍

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 09:31:53 am »
We hit our fundraising target on February 1st (miracle !!) and got notice of a cancellation for surgery on March 29th and he will have his surgery on May 14th.

Managed to get to meet Carra with him the day before we played City at home last October

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2019, 08:26:41 am »
We hit our fundraising target on February 1st (miracle !!) and got notice of a cancellation for surgery on March 29th and he will have his surgery on May 14th.

Managed to get to meet Carra with him the day before we played City at home last October

Nice one best of luck mate!!

Offline BlackandWhitePaul

• Principled Newcastle fan- who gave up following his team rather than support Saudi takeover
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2019, 01:49:55 pm »

Best wishes to Kyle (and family) and good luck with the surgery in May, I hope is a success    :)

Offline Nitramdorf

• No longer as forward as he used to be, so has dropped back into midfield. Didn't you hear?
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #11 on: April 21, 2019, 08:36:14 am »
Best wishes to the little lad. I've come across this operation a few times online whilst interacting with parents in a similar situation. Every single time it has been a success. There has been improvements within 1 day of the op.

Good luck Kyle  :thumbup

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2019, 07:50:36 pm »
Best wishes to the little lad. I've come across this operation a few times online whilst interacting with parents in a similar situation. Every single time it has been a success. There has been improvements within 1 day of the op.

Good luck Kyle  :thumbup

Thank you and delighted to hear that, it gives more comfort.

Offline Rory Fitzgerald

• Anny Roader
    • The Inside Right
« Reply #13 on: August 9, 2020, 07:13:35 pm »
Some progress one year after the surgery, it will take a while but he has been working hard and his leg strength is really increasing.

https://twitter.com/i/status/1292492293568700416