Author Topic: 3,2,1 And You're Back in the Room - Olympique Lyonnais - July Wed 31st 18:00  (Read 145838 times)

Offline Raid

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
I reckon he needs to stay here working with Jürgen Klopp and his coaching staff, better than any coaching he'll get on loan.

He's 17, sending him out on loan seems a little premature to me. He's already with the 1st teams squad, and will likely get some chances.

Can easily see him being Trent's understudy and us selling Clyne on for decent money.

That's not just on tonight's showing. He's got a huge reputation at the academy and his showng at centre back against Wolves, against a good player in Raul Jimenez, was mature beyond his years.

Offline RogerTheRed

• Danke Juergen
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • There's a golden sky on the way
Second half I thought the youngsters who did best were Woodburn, Hoever and Curtis Jones. All showed intelligence , movement and physique
Come On You Mighty Scouse Reds!!

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Ki-Jana looked very impressive tonight, I’m looking forward to seeing more of him this season in the domestic cups.

I think Divock will step up a further level again this season, although I still think we need to sign a wide forward.

Excited to see more of Brewster as well, hoping he can stay injury free and take the chances he gets this season.

Decent friendly, professional performance, no need to get carried away but a lot of positives to take.
YNWA - JFT97

Offline Hazell

• Ultimate Movie Night Draft Winner 2017. King - or Queen - of Mystery. Hyzenthlay. The 5th Benitle's sex conch.
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
Little did we know that was a foreshadowing of what was to come in 3 years time just like the pre-season frinedly against Bayern the summer after  ;D

;D
We have to change from doubter to believer. Now.

Offline Medellin

• Self-confessed daft meff.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Sound
Support the team,Trust & Believe.

Offline Peabee

• SKPB! Is goin' down der Asd.....der Waitrose.....anyone wannany hummus?
  • Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
He is 17yrs old,we would be idiots to send him out on loan.

Agreed. He’d learn more training with our first team.
We aren't walking through the storm now - we are the storm.

Offline jlb

• Anny Roader
Brewster, Divock and Wilson to start up front in the Community Shield? We'll smash them. :)

Offline Chakan

• Chaka Chaka.....is in love with Aristotle but only for votes. The proud owner of some very private piles and an inflatable harem! Winner of RAWK's Carabao Cup captian contest.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Internet Terrorist lvl VI

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
Thought that young forward who came on shows promise against the low-block defences we'll face this season.  Bright future.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
not anyone that we've heard of before [i can't remember at the moment]

Ahem...

It was Bohemians from Ireland. Conquerors of Aberdeen in 2000-01 UEFA Cup ;D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Agreed. He’d learn more training with our first team.

Not sure about that. He'd learn more football, but he'd become more of a player playing against full professionals on a weekly basis.

Offline hesbighesred

• Wallasey Wrecker. But you can call me quick fingers. After a threesome with Stevie and Alex
  • Legacy Fan
    • Collaborative thoughts on Euro 2012
Think it's that massive grock of a centre half they have. Brewster barely comes up to his belly button.
My favourite of the goals is the 4th - that grock is completely taken out of the game by Origi's strength, who, having failed to quite get the touch needed to do him for pace, draws the grock out wide, holding the ball up and then off with ease, the latter a simple cut back to considerable space vacated by the grock which Jones scores from. Next goal is Origi doing them all for pace and awareness, then a sublime touch to bring it under control. I haven't seen the game yet, but Origi just looked fucking massive as well. He makes the grock look as small as the grock made Woodburn look.

I wonder if we might try and steal an edge by getting players like Origi, Shaqiri, Gomez, Milner and even Lallana - core squad players who aren't necessarily going to be first choice in most games but still have a massive amount of ability in comparison with what most of the rest of the league has to offer - in peak physical condition for the beginning of the season. Turn Mane and Salah's extra games into (sort of) an advantage where we gamble on superfit good players to see us through the start of the season before our superfit great players take over the reigns. Like giving different sections of the squad different periodisation training...would that be workable?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2019, 10:26:40 pm by hesbighesred »
He is the cat who walks by himself, and all roads are alike to him.

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Not sure about that. He'd learn more football, but he'd become more of a player playing against full professionals on a weekly basis.

Fuck that learning football shit... :D
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline ۩ Imperator ۩

• CAE DIVI AUG
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • "Let them hate me, as long as they respect me"
"Come on now lads, get off the pitch. It's not big and it's not clever." Best tannoy announcement ever. Highlight of my evening.
😂😂😂
In a free state there should be freedom of speech and thought.
 Tiberius Caesar Augustus,
Roman Emperor & General (42 BC - 37 AD)

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
Fuck that learning football shit... :D

Who needs it? A pair of Speedos and a kick in the shins will see you right!

Offline WhereAngelsPlay

• Rockwool Marketing Board Spokesman. Cracker Wanker. Fucking calmest man on RAWK, alright? ALRIGHT?! Definitely a bigger cunt than YOU!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop

There's a reason why Klopp eases new signings into the side,we're not going to send him out on loan to then have to educate him on how we play.
My cup, it runneth over, I'll never get my fill

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
"Come on now lads, get off the pitch. It's not big and it's not clever." Best tannoy announcement ever. Highlight of my evening.
😂😂😂

:lmao

Offline buttersstotch

• Legacy Fan
Hoever is not going out on loan, bloody hell! It's rare that the best of the best ever go out on loan. I was impressed with him against Wolves and from the small bit I saw today he looked very impressive as well. He's a unit. I'd say there's a very large chance he makes his Premier League debut this year.

There's a massice gulf in class between the two sides but it was good to see everyone in great shape.

Offline meady1981

• Confuses “Scottish” with “Scotch”.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • LEGACY FAN
Turns out those socks are a bit weird

Offline LovelyCushionedHeader

• Not so pleasant non-upholstered footer
  • Legacy Fan
Would be idiotic to send a 17 year old out on loan, especially one who plays in a position where there is clear path to the first team squad and when they are probably only just adjusting to life in this country etc.

He looks ace though.
And if the rain stops, and everything's dry.. she would cry, just so I could drink tears from her eyes.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
There's a reason why Klopp eases new signings into the side,we're not going to send him out on loan to then have to educate him on how we play.

For sure. But my point was that you increase your playing ability as much by having to face real-time pressure in a realistic environment as much as you do getting great coaching with great players, but less playing time. That's just a fact of development. There's a reason why almost every federation wants to copy street football in their development curricula :D

Offline lukeb1981

• Legacy Fan
Tell you what the young lads can really play. Very confident boys , they played some very fluid stuff in the second half. The Academy philosophy of quality over quantity is really showing. 

Offline terry_macss_perm

• looking to be flogged
  • Kopite
Six nil up with half an hour to go and at full time it's the same score.

Shite.

Won't win anything this season with that attitude.

Champions of Europe and we had a keeper playing up front for the last ten minutes in a crucial preseason friendly.

FSG out.

Offline Too early for flapjacks?

• It is? Hmm. How about a Groundhog steak? No? Damn. Thinks James Milner has the perfect body.
  • Legacy Fan
Lewis or Larouci? Who looked more promising?

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Klopp's thoughts

All round it was a brilliant performance of the boys, in both halves we played really good football against a good, physically strong side. The boys let the ball do the work pretty much, the ball was constantly busy rolling so the game was fluent. I liked it a lot; all the individual performances were good, tactical-wise altogether good, pressing good, counter-pressing. I saw all the things. [We were] only one week together and the kids came up to do so. I liked the game.

We brought them in already, only you don’t realise it. Rhian Brewster; Oxlade-Chamberlain didn’t play last year; all the young boys today. They are all new players for us, that’s all good. The transfer market is open until August 8. The whole of Europe had the idea to close the transfer window early and the only country that did it was then England, so we close it now three weeks before all the others. We will see what we do but I don’t think it will be the biggest transfer window of all time.

They should be happy about that and should get confidence from that but it’s not that we are running around like Champions League winners 24 hours a day. We won it five weeks ago and I had a wonderful summer, the best summer I ever had because people didn’t say when they wanted a picture with me, ‘I’m so sorry for you’, which they usually did in the last five years. It was much better and for the players it was the same. But now we are here. Yes, we made the next step. It looked tonight like they were all really confident, I liked the game a lot. Maybe it has a little bit to do with winning the Champions League but during the season we have to go for winning something new and cannot always look back.

It’s] nothing to do with that. We want to play the best season we can play, like we wanted to do last year, but we have no idea what that means for what happens to all the other teams – Man United, Chelsea, Tottenham – so it will be a new season and we have to be ready for that. For us, I am really happy about the game tonight but it is a difficult pre-season for us. Sadio Mane is in the semi-finals [of the Africa Cup of Nations], so that means he has two more games for sure and will come [back] late. The Brazilians have finally finished their 30-month season, exactly like Mo, and they will come but we will not have a pre-season together, we will only have a week before we start with the games. Tonight it looked like we can find some solutions. Last season is a good sign for us, it showed us what we can achieve, but we have to be as good as last year and, in the best case, be better. We will see what the outcome will be.

It depends. I open the door but the boys have to go through still. He is a wonderful player as well, but because of FIFA rules he is not available in the moment, but we have other good players. He thought his future should be here and I thought the same, so now he is here and now let’s work together. He is 17 years old and when you see him you forget that constantly, but he is 17 and so there is a lot to learn. The good thing is he has the most time to do so, so everything will be fine.

On whether he wants to ‘play down’ Brewster’s performance…

Why should I play down? I only don’t want to talk after a game like that [about] the guy who scored two goals, like it always is in football, ‘Oh, he is so good, he scored two!’ I saw a really good game and Rhian is a fantastic player, that is the only thing I want to talk about. We can talk about Rhian, no problem, I don’t want to play him down or it down.

100 per cent, but again it depends on him as well. Divock Origi stays, obviously, which is good news; Bobby Firmino is still there; Rhian Brewster is a top striker, a top talent, and I am really happy. I told him already, he has an important role this year – but how important? Again, it depends on him and we will see. He has to play different positions as well because the centre is OK, wing I think is possible, and then we will see how we can line up. There will be opportunities for him, I am really sure.

Offline KopThat

• "See Tom turn red, See Tom run, Oh happy days."
  • Legacy Fan
  • He who laughs last, didn't quite get the joke...
    • GameFaceMe
😂😂😂

Sounds a bit Father Ted :)

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
Against who?

Bohemians, League of Ireland.  Equalised in the last minute
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
Bohemians, League of Ireland.  Equalised in the last minute

A 14 year old assisted the equalizer

Offline fridge

• RAWK Supporter
  • Main Stander
Each night before I go to bed I thank the Lord that I'm a Red

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
How did Wilson do?
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
How did Wilson do?

Full of air at the start. Caught red handed once or twice. Near the end his performance was a bit flat, and ultimately he drifted away.

Offline ScouserAtHeart

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pissing Manc "fans" off since 1999.
Full of air at the start. Caught red handed once or twice. Near the end his performance was a bit flat, and ultimately he drifted away.

I can only blame myself for the way my question was phrased
"Jürgen Klopp is bringing Liverpool's 'fuck you' back. And I can't wait."

Offline Redcap

• Legacy Fan
  • You wrote a bad song Petey!

:lmao

Didn't see the game.

How did Ox do? Any early signs that he's still physically able to do what he was able to do before?

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline Trendisnotdestiny

• Finally, the custom title that cannot be beat
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Go for Goal Sunshine! - N Saunders
Klopp's thoughts

All round it was a brilliant performance of the boys, in both halves we played really good football against a good, physically strong side. The boys let the ball do the work pretty much, the ball was constantly busy rolling so the game was fluent. I liked it a lot; all the individual performances were good, tactical-wise altogether good, pressing good, counter-pressing. I saw all the things. [We were] only one week together and the kids came up to do so. I liked the game.

We brought them in already, only you don’t realise it. Rhian Brewster; Oxlade-Chamberlain didn’t play last year; all the young boys today. They are all new players for us, that’s all good. The transfer market is open until August 8. The whole of Europe had the idea to close the transfer window early and the only country that did it was then England, so we close it now three weeks before all the others. We will see what we do but I don’t think it will be the biggest transfer window of all time.

They should be happy about that and should get confidence from that but it’s not that we are running around like Champions League winners 24 hours a day. We won it five weeks ago and I had a wonderful summer, the best summer I ever had because people didn’t say when they wanted a picture with me, ‘I’m so sorry for you’, which they usually did in the last five years. It was much better and for the players it was the same. But now we are here. Yes, we made the next step. It looked tonight like they were all really confident, I liked the game a lot. Maybe it has a little bit to do with winning the Champions League but during the season we have to go for winning something new and cannot always look back.

It’s] nothing to do with that. We want to play the best season we can play, like we wanted to do last year, but we have no idea what that means for what happens to all the other teams – Man United, Chelsea, Tottenham – so it will be a new season and we have to be ready for that. For us, I am really happy about the game tonight but it is a difficult pre-season for us. Sadio Mane is in the semi-finals [of the Africa Cup of Nations], so that means he has two more games for sure and will come [back] late. The Brazilians have finally finished their 30-month season, exactly like Mo, and they will come but we will not have a pre-season together, we will only have a week before we start with the games. Tonight it looked like we can find some solutions. Last season is a good sign for us, it showed us what we can achieve, but we have to be as good as last year and, in the best case, be better. We will see what the outcome will be.

It depends. I open the door but the boys have to go through still. He is a wonderful player as well, but because of FIFA rules he is not available in the moment, but we have other good players. He thought his future should be here and I thought the same, so now he is here and now let’s work together. He is 17 years old and when you see him you forget that constantly, but he is 17 and so there is a lot to learn. The good thing is he has the most time to do so, so everything will be fine.

On whether he wants to ‘play down’ Brewster’s performance…

Why should I play down? I only don’t want to talk after a game like that [about] the guy who scored two goals, like it always is in football, ‘Oh, he is so good, he scored two!’ I saw a really good game and Rhian is a fantastic player, that is the only thing I want to talk about. We can talk about Rhian, no problem, I don’t want to play him down or it down.

100 per cent, but again it depends on him as well. Divock Origi stays, obviously, which is good news; Bobby Firmino is still there; Rhian Brewster is a top striker, a top talent, and I am really happy. I told him already, he has an important role this year – but how important? Again, it depends on him and we will see. He has to play different positions as well because the centre is OK, wing I think is possible, and then we will see how we can line up. There will be opportunities for him, I am really sure.

Thanks for posting this, mate. Top drawer you are!
THIS IS ANFIELD SIGN:
It’s there to remind our lads who they’re playing for and to remind the opposition who they’re playing against! - Bill Shankly

We have everything we need - Jurgen Klopp

You need to get more wives mate, it fixes everything. Apart from then you have loads of wives, which is a nightmare.  -  Djozer

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan

What was that in response to?
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Max_powers

• Legacy Fan
What was that in response to?

I am guessing about Sepp Van Der Berg not being eligible for this friendly due to FIFA clearance not being in place yet.

Offline JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
I am guessing about Sepp Van Der Berg not being eligible for this friendly due to FIFA clearance not being in place yet.

Thought it would be about Sepp, but it was the opening line that was intriguing. I'm guessing he was being asked if he's going to play in the first team?
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

Offline Sir Capon of Debaser

• #SAUSAGES Pheasant plucking, midget chucking, jazz sax blowing, wannabe mod who'd like to be Danny Dyer's Bitch but too scared to ask in public for a name change, the pussy.....would gladly do one for mouth. Adores cats! RAWK Factor Winner 1897.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Golly! An Alien Judge!
    • https://murderouskaburdacus.bandcamp.com/
Impressed with that Larouci lad. Never heard of him before. How old is he?

Offline missis sumner

• Not giving it up for Capon, not even when he understands her yet none of her friends does.....
  • Kopite
  • G'wan, my son
Thought that young forward who came on shows promise against the low-block defences we'll face this season.  Bright future.

Atherton?  Yes, he played well.  ;D