Author Topic: 3,2,1 And You're Back in the Room - Olympique Lyonnais - July Wed 31st 18:00  (Read 145845 times)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
1 minute of ET at the end of the first half.

Been a good performance from Liverpool and Bradford have had their chances as well.
Quote from: tubby on Today at 12:45:53 pm

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• Missing an asterisk - no, wait sorry, that's his rusty starfish..... RAWK Apple fanboy. Hedley Lamarr's bestest mate. Has done nothing incredible ever.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Patrick breaks down the left for Bradford, but it comes to nothing

HT

Great display for a Pre-Season. Some youngsters definately knocking at the door.

They both went in high, that's factually correct, both tried to play the ball at height.  Doku with his foot, Mac Allister with his chest.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Lead Matchday Commentator
  • Legacy Fan
  • "I'm surprised they didn't charge me rent"
My point is that it was reckless and cynical - like the other two - you get away with it in games like this, but in the league we wouldn't want to be putting pressure on ourselves.

Anyway, pre-season so I'm not that arsed, no :)

You should join the Comms team Andy, always looking for new ones.  ;D
"He's trying to get right away from football. I believe he went to Everton"

Offline RyanBabel19

• Embarrassing.
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
:lmao two of our players sprinting back rapidly in defence... and dome try to say Wilson isn't quick

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
Rhian Brewster has got some touch and composure on him  8)  Love his all round game, never mind the fact he seems to know how to bag a goal!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
You should join the Comms team Andy, always looking for new ones.  ;D

Pretty tricky, I'm usually either at Anfield, away or in the alehouse :D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Rhian Brewster has got some touch and composure on him  8)  Love his all round game, never mind the fact he seems to know how to bag a goal!

That finish today and the brace the other day really were special. Really impressed with the lad.

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
My point is that it was reckless and cynical - like the other two - you get away with it in games like this, but in the league we wouldn't want to be putting pressure on ourselves.

Anyway, pre-season so I'm not that arsed, no :)

Was literally the opposite of reckless ;D Was completely calculated and controlled. Yes it was cynical, to our benefit (if it was a match that mattered)

The fact you've called it both reckless and cynical makes it seem like you don't know what reckless means but are using it cos you panicked that it was in a dangerous area for a free kick

Offline jillcwhomever

• Finding Brian hard to swallow. Definitely not Paula Nancy MIllstone Jennings of 37 Wasp Villas, Greenbridge, Essex, GB10 1LL. Or maybe. Who knows.....Finds it hard to choose between Jürgen's wurst and Fat Sam's sausage.
  • Legacy Fan
Pretty tricky, I'm usually either at Anfield, away or in the alehouse :D

You could do it on the phone.  ;)

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Was literally the opposite of reckless ;D Was completely calculated and controlled. Yes it was cynical, to our benefit (if it was a match that mattered)

The fact you've called it both reckless and cynical makes it seem like you don't know what reckless means but are using it cos you panicked that it was in a dangerous area for a free kick

I always panic when it's in a dangerous area for a freekick. Especially when Mignolet is anywhere near the goal :D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
You could do it on the phone.  ;)

... in the style of Alan Partridge.

SAALAAAHHHHH!!!!!! SMELL! MY!!! CHEESE!!!

Offline classycarra

• The Left Disonourable Chuntering Member For Scousepool.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan

It's really impressive. Knew he had the knack for finishing (loved this smart one today), but very impressed with his link up.

He also reminds me of Luis Garcia with his always impeccably timed follow ups for shots, and composed with it too. Got two goals from it in two games already this preseason.

Offline xbugawugax

• Legacy Fan
impressive half from the team to be honest.

Kent, Larouchi and Wilson impressive.

but hell. Milly. what a machine. Think he covered every blade of grass in that half alone.

Larouchi looking really busy but raw. Decent defensively but a bit naive when up attacking.

Brewster is decent isn't he?

:lmao two of our players sprinting back rapidly in defence... and dome try to say Wilson isn't quick

last minute of the game too. Maybe thats why he goes missing in games

Offline So… Howard Philips

• Penile Toupé Extender. Notoriously work-shy, copper-bottomed pervert.
  • Legacy Fan
  • All I want for Christmas is a half and half scarf
That finish today and the brace the other day really were special. Really impressed with the lad.

He's very sharp in the box. He'll be one of these players who never score from outside the box.

His interplay is excellent as well. Be interesting to see how he would play with our first team forwards.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
... in the style of Alan Partridge.

SAALAAAHHHHH!!!!!! SMELL! MY!!! CHEESE!!!

That's what we want.  ;D

Offline chromed

• Legacy Fan
  • Justice for the 97
Brewster looking very good this pre season. Really excited with things to come from the lad
YNWA - JFT97

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
1 minute of ET at the end of the first half.

Been a good performance from Liverpool and Bradford have had their chances as well.

Our midfield lost the ball a bit in the middle of the half for a phase which led to some Bradford chances & set-pieces, hopefully that's just rust.

It was good in all. Nice run-out. Brewster again impacting up front with his touches and a nice goal at the end, Kent took on his man a bit more tried to cross low, and Wilson played some nice one-twos - one with Brewster for his chance and the other with Lallana towards the end that was intercepted. 

Larouci again did well, especially the way he stood strong defending towards the end. He could cross a bit more though after getting into good positions.

Online Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
It's really impressive. Knew he had the knack for finishing (loved this smart one today), but very impressed with his link up.

He also reminds me of Luis Garcia with his always impeccably timed follow ups for shots, and composed with it too. Got two goals from it in two games already this preseason.

yeah his link up play already looks good, he seems to have a very good awareness to those around him, and is strong on the ball too. I am looking forward to seeing how he gets on in the US games vs some good teams.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Such a calm finish from Rhian, it was an acute angle that.

Offline Garlicbread

• Veet lurk brurred.
  • Legacy Fan

Offline MD1990

• Makes your eyes bleed and your brain hurt.
  • Legacy Fan
wonder what will happen with Wilson. Squad,Loan or Sold?

Doing quite well pre season but maybe not enough to mske our squad regularly.

Offline penwhen

• RAWK Supporter
  • Kopite
Milner wrapped up his brace by donating £30,000 to the Darby Rimmer Foundation and £10,000 for Motor Neurone Disease research from his foundation during halftime.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Our midfield lost the ball a bit in the middle of the half for a phase which led to some Bradford chances & set-pieces, hopefully that's just rust.

It was good in all. Nice run-out. Brewster again impacting up front with his touches and a nice goal at the end, Kent took on his man a bit more tried to cross low, and Wilson played some nice one-twos - one with Brewster for his chance and the other with Lallana towards the end that was intercepted. 

Larouci again did well, especially the way he stood strong defending towards the end. He could cross a bit more though after getting into good positions.

Really loving that we've got a strong squad with younger players really looking like they have a chance. Been too many times in the past where we struggled on both fronts.

Just hoping that some of them get and take their chances. You can see a few of them certainly to be featuring if they continue to improve.

Got to be something to do with the coaching set up, they just seem to 'get' what the first team is up to - so it's more like it was in the 80s where the reserves could just step in.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Milner wrapped up his brace by donating £30,000 to the Darby Rimmer Foundation and £10,000 for Motor Neurone Disease research from his foundation during halftime.

Brilliant stuff.

Good performance from the kids so far, especially Brewster.

I feel like Kent and Larouci still look a bit raw especially in terms of end-product during attacks. Wilson seems a lot more refined and towards the end of the half got livelier and made more movements

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
Ben Woodburn was really good in the first game be interesting to see if he can keep it up. Adam Lewis too, had some season would like to see him kick on as well.

If we can't give Wilson enough minutes this season I would like to see him go on loan to a team like Southampton

Offline CN23

• Has one so long that he can't hold it himself......yeah right.....
  • Anny Roader

Not every senior Player would have taken a shot from that angle... his instinct  at that age is pure class… add some experience to it...and...!

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
5 million subs at half time.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
That was a great steal from Matip there.

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
On of the BRadford players has come on without a number on his shirt :)

Donaldson has gone down, seemed to twist his ankle, but he seems OK to continue

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Three players without numbers of names for Bradford :D

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Hornby stumbles a bit there nearly leading to a chance, but recovers and gets it out wide.

Bradford come froward, but Lewis soaks the pressure up and gets it out to Matip who gets it forward to Jones who has looked lively so far since he's come on

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Millar buys a foul and Liverpool get it forward quickly to Origi with a decent shot, O'Conner gets a touch and it goes wide for a Liverpool corner.

Decent ball in, but Bradford easily clear. Fabino knocks it to the left where Lewis gets on it. Jones nearly gets on it, but the ball goes out of play for a Goal Kick to Bradford.

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
How was that a freekick to Bradford?

Offline rawcusk8

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
Nice to see these new refs are continuing the good work of the more experienced ones.
“If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize.” - muhammad ali

Offline Andy @ Allerton!

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Asterisks baby!
Foul by Liverpool. Gomez gets clipped in the back of the head and the ref with a strange call for the FK.

Bradford with a ball in, but the wall stands up well for Liverpool

Offline jillcwhomever

• Legacy Fan
What a great ball in by Curtis Jones, Duncan was unlucky there.