Author Topic: RAWK Preview: Sunderland v Liverpool Sunday 29th K.O.16:00  (Read 62435 times)

Offline Pistolero

• BELIEVE. My bad. This. Lol. Bless. Meh. Wow just wow. Hate on. The Ev. Phil.
  • Legacy Fan
  • A serpent's tooth...
Re: RAWK Preview: Sunderland v Liverpool Sunday 29th K.O.16:00
« Reply #160 on: September 27, 2013, 05:56:33 pm »
A must win....3 points vital.....any means necessary game......need to keep this train on the track
They have life in them, they have humour, they're arrogant, they're cocky and they're proud. And that's what I want my team to be.

Offline El Lobo

• Chief Suck Up. Feel his breath on your face. Toxic, pathetic, arse-faced, weaselling slimeball. RAWK Maths Genius 2022.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Pretty, pretty, pretty pretty good
« Reply #161 on: September 27, 2013, 05:57:18 pm »
Fletcher is out for them.

If we can't beat these, then our problems will be further rooted than first thought.

My word, we'll be 6 games into a 38 game season.

If you watched The Godfather, liked the start, didn't much like Luca Brazzi talking to himself and then hated Sonny shagging in the bathroom, you wouldn't write it off as a crap film would you?
If he's being asked to head the ball too frequently - which isn't exactly his specialty - it could affect his ear and cause an infection. Especially if the ball hits him on the ear directly.

Offline naka

• Lennart Skoglund Ultra
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #162 on: September 27, 2013, 06:07:00 pm »
big weekend for lfc
with the spuds playing Chelsea and Swansea at home to arsenal we could move back up the table.
really liked the 3 at the back but would try agger in the middle of the 3
I think at the moment the team picks itself but if we move a couple in front would take stevie off and push Henderson in with lucas bringing alberto on.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #163 on: September 27, 2013, 06:11:18 pm »

If you watched The Godfather, liked the start, didn't much like Luca Brazzi talking to himself and then hated Sonny shagging in the bathroom, you wouldn't write it off as a crap film would you?

We've been saying that for the last 4 years. "But we're only 6 games into the season, only 10 games in, only 15 games in, we've still got 10 games left to make a final push for...." We have to stop looking for excuses once and for all.

These are the types of matches that are must win, I don't care what anyone else says. Come the end of the season the margins will be fine, and one or two points could make all the difference. Arsenal beat Tottenham to fourth last season by ONE point. And with all do respect to Sunderland, they're bottom for a reason. They've played some dire stuff and have their best chance of scoring a goal out for this match.

Offline Floydy

• G is for grumpy. It is modest understatement.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Hidden in the shadows, Orchestrating life
« Reply #164 on: September 27, 2013, 06:15:46 pm »
We've been saying that for the last 4 years. "But we're only 6 games into the season, only 10 games in, only 15 games in, we've still got 10 games left to make a final push for...." We have to stop looking for excuses once and for all.

These are the types of matches that are must win, I don't care what anyone else says. Come the end of the season the margins will be fine, and one or two points could make all the difference. Arsenal beat Tottenham to fourth last season by ONE point. And with all do respect to Sunderland, they're bottom for a reason. They've played some dire stuff and have their best chance of scoring a goal out for this match.
fair point, it has to be 3 points for me. They are poor and we need the win. The only thing thatconcerns me is the physical aspect, sunderland will be all over us, managerless, at home, without a win, and we havent looked the fittest especially in the 2nd half so we need to be clever about it.
Condemnation without investigation is the height of ignorance.  Albert Einstein.  
Unquestionable trust in authority is the enemy of truth. Albert Einstein
Wake up to the war on for your mind!

Offline harrylfc

• Legacy Fan
  • XABI'S MATE
« Reply #165 on: September 27, 2013, 06:18:51 pm »
fair point, it has to be 3 points for me. They are poor and we need the win. The only thing thatconcerns me is the physical aspect, sunderland will be all over us, and we havent looked the fittest especially in the 2nd half so we need to be clever about it.
The physical side of it is what worries me an all....Kevin Ball will have these lot fired right up for this..Can see Cattermole starting for them,he ll be flying into tackles like a madman..Hopefully our movement and skill will be too much for them..Must win.

Offline Caligula?

• Most Negative poster on site, Moan, Moan, Moan, Liverpool are shite... Does he ever stop
  • Legacy Fan
  • SPQR
« Reply #166 on: September 27, 2013, 06:26:26 pm »
The physical side of it is what worries me an all....Kevin Ball will have these lot fired right up for this..Can see Cattermole starting for them,he ll be flying into tackles like a madman..Hopefully our movement and skill will be too much for them..Must win.

I'm not that worried about it. At the end of the day it's the quality that will be the difference, and what they lack in quality they can't make up in just physicality alone. It might be enough to have a go at it and maybe get a goal, but I think our quality should be enough to see us comfortably win this one. Will that happen though? I'll be damned if I know, but it should happen.

Offline karl740

• Kopite
« Reply #167 on: September 27, 2013, 06:27:08 pm »

Completely agree! I hate excuses. These are the type of games we will look at the end of the season and say we should've won, it will wont matter at that point that we were only six games in.3 points is 3 points no matter what the circumstances.

Offline paulred71

• Main Stander
« Reply #168 on: September 27, 2013, 06:29:23 pm »
Don't care what the side is along as its a back 4. I spent the 90's watching LFC try and play 3 at the back! I hate it with a passion.

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #169 on: September 27, 2013, 06:53:18 pm »
Interestingly, Borini started their game against West Brom but was substituted on 59 minutes for Altidore.
YWNA

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Well red.Tom Jones Lover. AKA Debbie McGee. Apparently.
  • Legacy Fan
  • Under 7s Coaching Manual Owner.
« Reply #170 on: September 27, 2013, 06:59:46 pm »
Don't care what the side is along as its a back 4. I spent the 90's watching LFC try and play 3 at the back! I hate it with a passion.

It's a good thing we never finished in the top four with that three at the back system under Evans.

Oh wait...

:D
Better looking than Samie.

Offline Red Genius

• Part of the Neville clan. Voted "Most misnamed RAWKite" 2009-10. Reformed Coprophagiac
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #171 on: September 27, 2013, 07:00:25 pm »
Looks like we could very well be going with much of the same - after Rodgers emphatically suggests that Sturridge won't be rested, so with two up top - i'd imagine we'll see a similar set up to the mancs again.
"I have been privileged and lucky to wear the legendary red shirt. No one can take it away from me. YNWA, I don't have to walk alone because Liverpool FC will always be in my heart."

The Legend - Sami Hyypia

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #172 on: September 27, 2013, 07:01:50 pm »
And he wouldn't if he rested Sturridge and Gerrard and we lost?

Only by the knobheads.

Both players have seemingly declined fitness wise as the season has progressed, as has Lucas.

Like PoP says, something isn't right.

For one, Sturridge I assume completely missed pre season, and is using gametime to get his fitness back.
Secondly, Gerrard has played the box to box, all action superstar for getting on for 15 years now, his body must be suffering.

If you keep playing them it will get worse. Take them out of the squad, give them both a 'mini preseason' and bring them back after the internationals. We'll see the benefit longterm.

If our squad can't manage without Gerrard and Sturridge, now we have Luis back for two games we've got no fucking hope whatsoever of top 4.
Let's have short term pain for long term gain.
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline RK7

• RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #173 on: September 27, 2013, 07:03:13 pm »

I agree with this completely, we seem a fanbase full of excuses these days. This is a game we really should be winning and in my opinion must win it not only to take the 3 points but to regain momentum.

Offline trembles97

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #174 on: September 27, 2013, 07:23:06 pm »
Would like to see Sterling start, not sure its been very good for him to only come on as a sub.

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #175 on: September 27, 2013, 07:24:49 pm »
Looks like we could very well be going with much of the same - after Rodgers emphatically suggests that Sturridge won't be rested, so with two up top - i'd imagine we'll see a similar set up to the mancs again.

oh fuck i hope not... Suarez-Asas should start this one, or Suarez as a lone striker
YNWA

Offline paulred71

• Main Stander
« Reply #176 on: September 27, 2013, 07:46:22 pm »

Finishing in the top 4 in the 90's was a failure! Still is in my eyes. A back 3 is shocking system. 1 injury to our right back and we have to change our whole formation. It's wrong, daft and no way in hell would united or arsenal play 3 at the back. I've been chatting with United and arsenal fans and they can't remember seeing their  team play that formation for years. Kelly/wisdom  Toure  /Skrtel  Agger/Sakho. Enrique/Cissokho

It's a good thing we never finished in the top four with that three at the back system under Evans.

Oh wait...

:D

Offline -Daws-

• Legacy Fan
  • No longer a teenage Rafa, still no goatee.
« Reply #177 on: September 27, 2013, 08:02:41 pm »
Finishing in the top 4 in the 90's was a failure! Still is in my eyes. A back 3 is shocking system. 1 injury to our right back and we have to change our whole formation. It's wrong, daft and no way in hell would united or arsenal play 3 at the back. I've been chatting with United and arsenal fans and they can't remember seeing their  team play that formation for years. Kelly/wisdom  Toure  /Skrtel  Agger/Sakho. Enrique/Cissokho

United won the league last year playing 442 whilst nobody else in the top four played that way.

A great man once said "The formation isn't what matters, the system, the role of the players and how they are instructed to play which is important".

It's hard enough remembering my opinions without remembering my reasons for them.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #178 on: September 27, 2013, 08:07:11 pm »

Arsenal played three at the back regularly when Wenger first arrived. Graham was always at it. Juve play it. As did Napoli last season.

Offline Macphisto80

• The Picasso of RAWK. But wants to shag Charlie Brooker. Go figure! Wants to hear about bi-curious Shauno's fantasies.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #179 on: September 27, 2013, 08:10:30 pm »
It's a must win. If we lose,  or draw, I'll be somewhat concerned about where we are heading. Performance is key. The game against the Mancs was pleasing for the single aspect that we put in a decent enough shift, although we really should have put the bastards to the sword. We're just not scoring the goals we should be.

Offline 88_RED

• Not a real bookie though.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #180 on: September 27, 2013, 08:15:12 pm »
Just feel this will be a lot more stressful then wednesday night.. Just hope the players know how important the 3 points are against sunderland..

This could really be make or break for us.. despite the season being only 5 games in..

Over the last 2 games i have seen the shoulders and heads begin to drop if things dont go our way.. signs of our old mentality.. signs of the frustration that has infiltrated our play since the 08 season..

If we go down to the bottom placed team in the league... again... it could seriously put a huge grain of doubt in the players and managers mind..

Suarez coming back helps as he's a real fighter.. and i hope Kolo's enthusiasm and will to succeed catches on with some of the others..

What this team deseprately needs is a big win.. a big confidence booster.. It needs to hand out a thrashing..
Hoping for one on Sunday.. Also hoping that other results go our way as we are playing second last this week..

Come on redmen..
« Last Edit: September 27, 2013, 08:17:24 pm by 88_RED »
F*CK 0FF Mourinho..

Online Number 7

• Gegenpresser
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • And the sweet silver song of a lark..
« Reply #181 on: September 27, 2013, 08:15:24 pm »
Would like to see Aspas given a chance with Suarez and Sturridge.

Don't know who it was on here that suggested that Suarez and Aspas might hit it off together. Not a bad shout. But with Aspas being substituted at half-time against Southampton, it shows you what Rodgers is feeling too.
YWNA

Offline jfc

• Kopite
« Reply #182 on: September 27, 2013, 08:25:04 pm »
Must win, we need to get that momentum back but i really want us to impose our style on the game like the backend of last season, I so hope we do. I don't want us dropping to deep.

Would like to see Toure at centre back, anything less than a win and i'll be concerned as we really need to maintain a decent start , it's imperative 

Offline Digger2God

• Legacy Fan
  • Believe IT!
« Reply #183 on: September 27, 2013, 08:28:18 pm »
After looking through the training pictures, it looks like the no-bib theory might be in play  :wave If that is the case, then it looks like the same starting team as against the Mancs which wont be terrible.
"How many do you want?! How MANY do you want?"

Offline L666KOP

• Wants everyone to fuck off. Especially you. Yes YOU! Too Tender for Tinder. Would swallow his knob on a genuine fuck up.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #184 on: September 27, 2013, 08:32:35 pm »
Don't know who it was on here that suggested that Suarez and Aspas might hit it off together. Not a bad shout. But with Aspas being substituted at half-time against Southampton, it shows you what Rodgers is feeling too.

Aspas is a Number 9, and scored freely in that role pre season. Can't see why Suarez, and Moses shoudn't be used to feed him tomorrow.

If you're gonna play the lad at least give him a run out in the position he's comfortable in.

Square pegs again......
13mins - Bournemouth have gone home. Utd kicked off anyway. Still 0-0 as Smalling passes it back to De Gea.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #185 on: September 27, 2013, 08:36:07 pm »
Aspas is a Number 9, and scored freely in that role pre season. Can't see why Suarez, and Moses shoudn't be used to feed him tomorrow.

If you're gonna play the lad at least give him a run out in the position he's comfortable in.

Square pegs again......

Yep. Suarez floating, Aspas as the target, and someone other than Moses in the playmaker role (Alberto) and we might actually get some good shots and open up Sunderland a bit.

For all that people fear a Sunderland backlash, two things keep me hopeful. One, Mignolet is returning for the first time, and he'll want a clean sheet. Two, Ball's last stint as caretaker manager was a disaster. Lost 7 of 10 games. I don't know if he's cut out to be a manager. This might go in our favour. He may overthink it. As long as Rodgers doesn't do the same, we should be okay. Probably a 2 or 3 goal spread in our favour if we win.

Offline L666KOP

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #186 on: September 27, 2013, 08:44:02 pm »
Yep. Suarez floating, Aspas as the target, and someone other than Moses in the playmaker role (Alberto) and we might actually get some good shots and open up Sunderland a bit.

For all that people fear a Sunderland backlash, two things keep me hopeful. One, Mignolet is returning for the first time, and he'll want a clean sheet. Two, Ball's last stint as caretaker manager was a disaster. Lost 7 of 10 games. I don't know if he's cut out to be a manager. This might go in our favour. He may overthink it. As long as Rodgers doesn't do the same, we should be okay. Probably a 2 or 3 goal spread in our favour if we win.

I'd love to see Alberto given a go mate, but I think Rodgers will stick with 'experience' given our two previous league results.

Offline lfcmaster

• of pith
  • Legacy Fan
  • We all live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #187 on: September 27, 2013, 10:30:05 pm »
After looking through the training pictures, it looks like the no-bib theory might be in play  :wave If that is the case, then it looks like the same starting team as against the Mancs which wont be terrible.

I think it will be the same team that played against the mancs
hopefully with us scoring some second half goals

Offline peachybum

• orangeyface
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #188 on: September 27, 2013, 10:39:38 pm »
I wouldn't mind the same team that played the mancs but i'd replace Moses with Alberto. I'm a big fan of Moses but we need someone to supply the bullets for Sturridge and Suarez as there's nobody to play a decent through ball(with Gerrard so deep). I think we saw against the Mancs that we really didn't have any ideas in the final third as Moses, Suarez and Sturridge are all pretty selfish direct runners. We were crying out for somebody creative to play the pass to put them in rather than just play a simple ball into them and hope they make something happen.
I wanna be like Jurgen Klopp

Offline keano7

• Legacy Fan
  • Alonso follows it in!
« Reply #189 on: September 27, 2013, 10:48:29 pm »
You'd have to say 6pts minimum from the next two games. They won't come any easier than these next two currently. I'd probably only make one change from Wednesday and bring Agger in for Skrtel/Sakho if he's fully fit. An early goal is vital and then we can go for the throat and score another 2 or 3. A slip up at home to Southampton will never be acceptable but a win against Sunderland on Sunday will help erase it partially from memory.
"Can't wait for this one me mates picking me up in a van"

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #190 on: September 27, 2013, 10:59:57 pm »
I am amazed the amount of people who feel we can rest Sturridge and win considering the form of our other players. Strongest team and the players will have to get through it, injury or not.

Offline PhaseOfPlay

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #191 on: September 27, 2013, 11:02:26 pm »
I am amazed the amount of people who feel we can rest Sturridge and win considering the form of our other players. Strongest team and the players will have to get through it, injury or not.

I'm amazed at how people can talk about fitness, injuries, recovery, and planning when they are patently unqualified to do so. You sound like Colin Wanker. Dinosaur thinking.

Offline RayPhilAlan

• Legacy Fan
« Reply #192 on: September 27, 2013, 11:06:22 pm »
You'd have to say 6pts minimum from the next two games.

Yeah, 6 minimum, I'd hope for 8 or 9 myself.

Offline killer-heels

• Hates everyone and everything. Including YOU! Negativity not just for Christmas. Thinks 'irony' means 'metallic'......
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #193 on: September 27, 2013, 11:09:26 pm »
I'm amazed at how people can talk about fitness, injuries, recovery, and planning when they are patently unqualified to do so. You sound like Colin Wanker. Dinosaur thinking.

Maybe the whole injury thing was OTT. But if its manageable, which looks like Sturridge's is, then we have to risk him surely.

Offline NorthamptonKopite

• Non-
  • Legacy Fan
  • You'll Never Walk Alone
« Reply #194 on: September 28, 2013, 01:00:23 am »
Yeah, 6 minimum, I'd hope for 8 or 9 myself.

Only if they give 110%...

Offline Zoomers

• Legacy Fan
  • Meow
« Reply #195 on: September 28, 2013, 02:45:26 am »

Spot on. We need nothing but a win there.
Shut the fuck up and put some respek on Lucas name playboy

Offline GrkStav

• Has a statuette of Lucas on the bonnet of his car which he polishes lovingly with Lucas Brasso. Glen Johnson's biggest fan. Doesn't have a "fucken clue" where L4 is
  • Legacy Fan
  • Not very good at 'banter'.
« Reply #196 on: September 28, 2013, 03:19:58 am »

I, on the other hand, am amazed at the number of people who continue to write "amount of people", "amount of times", "amount of free-kicks", "amount of chances", etc.

On a more serious note, expecting players to get "through it, injury or not" is both a bit ignorant and certainly "small-time".
Ludi Circenses!

Offline Walk on, walk on

• Legacy Fan
  • You'll never walk alone.
« Reply #197 on: September 28, 2013, 06:16:47 am »

I think we'll have to move on from this type of mentality where its alright to make mistakes early in the season thinking we'd be able to catch up later. It has been our excuse for so, so long, myself included. I remember for the longest time looking at the table after every loss, thinking "if we win the rest of our games we'd be top <1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10>".

Game #6 and Game #38 are worth an equal 3 points. Doesn't matter which one comes first.

A team that have convictions to challenge will fight to win every single game, and I saw none of that when we played Southampton, unfortunately. How we react tomorrow is a big test of mentality. It will be difficult to argue that we want to challenge for anything on the back of another pedestrian display.
Liverpool don't turn up against shit teams so Wenger picks the shittest line up possible.
The man is a genius!

Offline Pinky_Bieber

• shit fan whose IQ is unlikely to be exceeding 59
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #198 on: September 28, 2013, 06:20:24 am »
I think we'll have to move on from this type of mentality where its alright to make mistakes early in the season thinking we'd be able to catch up later. It has been our excuse for so, so long, myself included. I remember for the longest time looking at the table after every loss, thinking "if we win the rest of our games we'd be top <1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10>".

Game #6 and Game #38 are worth an equal 3 points. Doesn't matter which one comes first.

A team that have convictions to challenge will fight to win every single game, and I saw none of that when we played Southampton, unfortunately. How we react tomorrow is a big test of mentality. It will be difficult to argue that we want to challenge for anything on the back of another pedestrian display.

is right
YNWA

Offline lionel_messias

• likes pulling cocker spaniels out of Kim Kardassian's ass
  • Legacy Fan
  • 'You can throw your plan in the purple bin'
« Reply #199 on: September 28, 2013, 08:08:53 am »
Interestingly, Borini started their game against West Brom but was substituted on 59 minutes for Altidore.

That is about as interesting as an Evening with Alan Titchmarsh mate.

;D

Just win the game please. 3-5-2 works for me, if the strikers are sharp.
Follow me on twatter: @JDMessias