Author Topic: CL: Liverpool 2 vs. Midj 0 Jota 55' Mo 90+2’  (Read 22374 times)

Offline afc tukrish

• How long for them sausages? Maggie May's Mythical Turkish Delight. RAWK's Expert Sausage Monster! Oakley Cannonier is fucking boss. Likes blowing his friends and undoing their nuts? Who nose?!
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • This looks like a nice spot...
    • Flat Back Four
Re: CL: Liverpool 2 vs. Midj 0 Jota 55' Mo 90+2’
« Reply #480 on: October 28, 2020, 04:23:13 pm »
Al - FSG are money grabbing, hedge fund yanks and want us to compete in a closed off NFL style franchise system in Bahrain
JK - What?
Al - You obviously don’t understand
JK - No I do, haha, it’s just nonsense
Al - They all voted for Donald Trump Jurgen
JK - ....what? What’s that got to do with anything?
Al - Donald Trump was once on the Ali G show Jurgen, that proves it
JK - Proves what?
Al - It’s FSG Jurgen, they want to sell Van Dijk to pay for the new training ground
JK - .....uh? What?
Al - Pound for pound there’s more sugar in a lemon than a strawberry
JK - Well I wouldn’t know if that’s true Al
Al - I wouldn’t lie to you
JK - Ok I’m gonna go now
Al - See that proves everything I said Craig
Craig - .....what?

When did you record that convo? Send me the file, please...
Since haste quite Schorsch, but Liverpool are genuine fight pigs...

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #481 on: October 28, 2020, 04:32:34 pm »
I want to re watch the second half, to be honest lads I've found my second team and I never have a second team, they charmed me and played so well against us, I know Anfield isn't Anfield right now without the crowds but it's an insight to how much a crowd brings if anything, this situation we all hate but accept. For something with less deaths than the flu.
 They play really great football and their staff have done a great job in their tactical style and don't ask me to name one of their players but their players were so great at not only implementing the managers tactics or way of playing but individually the have so many players who performed and were technically outstanding. They are my mistress? Lol. Well done Midj, you were spectacular.

did they charm you when they where kicking our players around in the first half? 

Offline daveypauly

• Anny Roader
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #482 on: October 28, 2020, 04:37:44 pm »
That was the takeaway and not the "less (fewer) deaths than the flu".

Offline Dim Glas

• Die Nullfünfer.
  • RAWK Supporter
  • Legacy Fan
  • Michael Sheen is the actual Prince of 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿
« Reply #483 on: October 28, 2020, 04:41:27 pm »

never got further than that line, as it amsused me anyone would claim the where be charmed by a team who went all out Everton in the first half, kicking our players all over the place!

Reading it now, I wish I had stuck with my first instinct of not reading further than that  :P

Offline PoetryInMotion

• RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • YNWA
« Reply #484 on: October 28, 2020, 05:25:29 pm »
I thought Origi was awful last night, poor first touch, didn't hold anything up an really wasn't strong enough - lack of games perhaps? For me Minamino has been a disappointing signing, yes I know give him time etc. but when you compare him to the signing Jota and the start he's made, Minamino needs to up his game a little. Apart from that, great result.

Why do you want to compare him with Jota? Fabinho took time, so did Robbo, there will be examples of players settling in quickly and delayed as well. Each player is his own.

Also Jota has played in this league before whereas Minamino has moved to a foreign country and is still finding his feet with last season affected by the break.

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #485 on: October 28, 2020, 05:26:34 pm »
Imo Salzburg did a far better job last season against us at Anfield.
True but much more funds and competitive league, plus weren't this team we played only formed in 1999? Amazing, I was blown away how well they played, one of them for me, I thought fair enough if we lose at least it wasn't through dodgy VAR or horrible dirty football. Hey, *shrug*, I know our team isn't the usual we have and I wasn't angry at our players for not putting in a good performance, I just thought whoa, this other team play nice football. I accepted it like that mentally.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline stockdam

• The sheer loftus-cheek of the man.....
  • RAWK Scribe
  • Legacy Fan
  • Walk on through the wind, Walk on through the rain
« Reply #486 on: October 28, 2020, 05:27:43 pm »
Some good points there noted. Not wanting to get too negative - but only 2 shots on target and a squad really under the cosh, pressure, injuries and consistency.  I do not know what Klopp & squad need to do to get back to a consistent level.  I think this new 4-2-3-1 formation is more difficult than first thought.  I still think we missed out to really get replacements for Lovren and Keeper - after Atletico last season we knew that Adrian was not a top No 2 and we needed a step up to actually replace Mignolet.  Plus Fabinho injury is really our 4th choice CB but now without van Dijk, We should have replaced Lovren with a half decent CB. Good point about Grujic - maybe we should have kept as squad player as he could also maybe play CB. I can see Henderson playing there vs West Ham - but we needed to sort  out Matip injuries and maybe we should have replaced him as well this summer. He is hardly available and not when we need him.

So which one out of Thiago, Jota and Tsimikas would you not have signed and signed a CH or a 2nd keeper?
Klopp doesn’t have a silver-ball and presumably only had a limited budget.
We needed a backup for Robertson, which we bought.
Most people wanted to see a backup for the front 3 which we bought.
You could argue that we didn’t need Thiago but I would have picked him ahead of a 2nd keeper or another CH.

Klopp will strengthen the squad further but he doesn’t have the funds that other teams have..........other teams who finished behind us last season and are behind us this season. We all want a better squad but it’s not going to happen overnight.
#JFT97

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #487 on: October 28, 2020, 05:38:56 pm »
True but much more funds and competitive league, plus weren't this team we played only formed in 1999? Amazing, I was blown away how well they played, one of them for me, I thought fair enough if we lose at least it wasn't through dodgy VAR or horrible dirty football. Hey, *shrug*, I know our team isn't the usual we have and I wasn't angry at our players for not putting in a good performance, I just thought whoa, this other team play nice football. I accepted it like that mentally.

I don't think they played well. They pressed and worked hard, but in terms of quality football, again Salzburg were far more impressive [hell they did it again last night against Atletico]

Offline LFCobsessive

• Main Stander
  • 'No more half-measures.'
« Reply #488 on: October 28, 2020, 05:44:56 pm »
I don't think they played well. They pressed and worked hard, but in terms of quality football, again Salzburg were far more impressive [hell they did it again last night against Atletico]
Come on, first half they were like liquid we couldn't bottle and were in shape all the time, whether attacking or falling into defensive stance, hey I won't toot their flute too much. They played really well. It wasn't like they had a load of unskilled players out there, many of them were technically really good, don't know, I'm really glad we won.
'Fire in your belly comes from pride and passion in wearing the red shirt. We don't need to motivate players because each of them is responsible for the performance of the team as a whole. The status of Liverpool's players keeps them motivated.'
Bill Shankly.

Offline deFacto please, you bastards

• Apologies if I haven't responded to every post in every thread yet, I'm trying hard. farKnow.
  • Legacy Fan
« Reply #489 on: October 28, 2020, 05:55:25 pm »
Come on, first half they were like liquid we couldn't bottle and were in shape all the time, whether attacking or falling into defensive stance, hey I won't toot their flute too much. They played really well. It wasn't like they had a load of unskilled players out there, many of them were technically really good, don't know, I'm really glad we won.

I didn't say they had a load of unskilled players, in comparison they didn't play nearly as good football as you're making out. I give you the comparison. having a good shape, working hard, is all fine, being disciplined, but posing us threat and playing good football, again salzburg were on another level. and we played them at full strength.

Online smutchin

• Legacy Fan
  • We all Live in a Red and White Kop
« Reply #490 on: October 28, 2020, 07:04:41 pm »

Did you miss all those yellow cards they got? Or did you think they weren't deserved?

They were certainly dogged in the press, and good at breaking up any chance we had at getting any rhythm going. I'm happy to give them credit for being very well organised and having a solid, effective (up to a point) game plan, but they really weren't all that, and we deserved the hard-fought win in the end.

A couple of their players did look decent though - based on last night's showing, I'm slightly surprised Dreyer couldn't get a game for Brighton in the last two seasons.

Online KissThisGuy

• OnlyThroughAFaceMaskThough
  • Legacy Fan
  • It was raining, I went outside, I got wet.
« Reply #491 on: October 28, 2020, 08:33:29 pm »
How weird to see a referee book players for bad challenges and give a penalty when Salah got clattered in the penalty area. Was very strange but welcome!
Nice to see Salah win a penalty, but the defender should really have been sent off as it wasn't a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Online JC the Messiah

• Legacy Fan
  • ♪ ...and now Jürgen-a believe us... ♬
« Reply #492 on: October 28, 2020, 09:02:11 pm »
Yeah, that was my takeaway from it. Rendered everything else irrelevant and probably utter nonsense too.
"I said to the boys before the game it would be impossible. But because it’s you, I say we have a chance."
Jürgen Klopp, 7 May 2019

"I told them if we score it will be different. We scored. It was different."
Rafael Benitez, 25 May 2005

Offline Yorkykopite

• Misses Danny Boy with a passion. Phil's Official Biographer, dontcherknow...it's all true. Honestly.
  • RAWK Writer
  • Legacy Fan
  • The first five yards........
« Reply #493 on: October 28, 2020, 10:12:56 pm »
Nice to see Salah win a penalty, but the defender should really have been sent off as it wasn't a genuine attempt to play the ball.

Glad he wan't. He was their best player. And it was the 92nd minute. The only teams to have benefited from a red card would have been Ajax and Atalanta.
"If you want the world to love you don't discuss Middle Eastern politics" Saul Bellow.